ACC/Combat Master Questions

Sith Bloodfyre

06-07-2008 11:51:03

New thread. This time, it doesn't need to be to a specific person. If Staff or another member has insight, please, feel free to answer. If you have a question, shoot it out. We'd love to help you.

The first question I'm going to answer is one people have been PMing me on IRC. Yes, it's possible that I will be looking to add to staff. I have some ideas on modifying training and such that, if and when I can make it happen, will likely require additional people, with about a few hours a week to dedicate to it in order to make it happen. I don't want it being too time-consuming of a commitment so that people will want to be involved. I'll try and offer more information on this in the coming week as I get things better planned out, and continue to talk with current staff on the issue.

Thanks much.

Tarax Kor

08-07-2008 08:57:48

Something that's been on my mind for a while:

Fighting in first person. Can that be added as a regular option to the ACC? In a sense, something that's within the compendium, and can be chosen whenever as opposed to having it be a 'special' case each time?

Addendum/Edit: Also, I now have 3 wins but my dossier/CS still shows a rank of Combat Learner Level 1 (Neophyte). Can that be updated?

<3.

Sith Bloodfyre

09-07-2008 17:56:35

Hey Nitemare.

Your rank is updated. I don't know why it didn't do it auto. I'll have to look into that. I just did it manually. As far as first person fighting, I'll think about it, and talk with staff. We'll see what happens.

Halcyon

09-07-2008 21:57:15

I think there's a bit of bug with the rank system. If someone's rank is touched manually, then the automatic-promotions won't happen and they'll have to be done manually as well. So long as the ranks aren't touched, ever, they work fine :P

Macron Sadow

10-07-2008 10:40:53

I like the first person idea.

Sith Bloodfyre

10-07-2008 11:24:03

Yeah, those kinds of bugs happen. I'll have to talk to Sil about it. As far as the first person issue, I can't say I'm against it. I'm just curious how it'd turn out with one person going third, and the other going first. It just seems like it would make the battle flow differently. I don't know. Maybe we'll have to try some, see how it works, and then I'll make a decision on it after.

Tarax Kor

11-07-2008 06:02:54

I meant the whole battle being 1st person. Both people. I did a battle against Erinyes like that last year. Basically instead of both sides writing about both characters, they just do their own point of view.

Sith Bloodfyre

11-07-2008 08:04:00

Sure. Like I say, feel free to do some battles in first person, either with both people, or even just one. I'd like to see how it turns out, Nitemare.

Korroth

30-05-2009 10:45:22

I wanted to ask if the battles we have won and lost in the ACC matches of the GJW will be tallied in the Character Sheet, or if wins and losses in Vendetta events do not count.

Also, I have noticed that, unlike the old Character Sheets, the new CS doesn't have a place where you can put a link to an image of your character. Are there any other ways to insert images in the new CS?

Erinyes

31-05-2009 10:38:42

Currently, only battles fought in the Combat Centre Hall are tallied as wins and losses on your character sheet. During some ACC competitions such as the Championship League, wins and losses are counted on your Character Sheet during the event, but this was not done in the GJW.

The easiest way to put a link to your character image would be by using HTML code in the physical description box. Check out the HTML Basics course at the Shadow Academy if you're not sure how to do that.

Callus

13-06-2009 10:55:21

I have a question about ACC formatting as far as actual text is concerned.

In the past standard forum scripts have worked to format text in ACC posts but in a recent battlemy post still showed the scripts and didn't format the text.

Also lightsaber style tooltips no longer pop up when you highlight them much like you do force powers ex. [FM1] for Shii-Cho.

I was just curious if perhaps this changed at some point and I wasn't aware of it, or it is very possible that I did it wrong because I am having a streak of n00bish ness as of late.

Halcyon

13-06-2009 11:45:18

I can answer the first question easy enough...the ACC has always used html script, and not what is used on the forum. That's been the case from the beginning.

Callus

13-06-2009 15:20:58

like I said, it is entirely possible that I messed up with my recent streak of making n00b mistakes.

Raiju

16-06-2009 01:03:48

Just wondering whats going on with the ACC ranks?

with the old guide out, I haven't seen any new mention about the ranks and am curious what's going to happen to them if anything?

Frosty

03-08-2009 02:58:32

Oh yeah, and I got promoted and didn't get any bonus points. :(

Muz Ashen

03-08-2009 19:53:10

The new character sheet is a DB-wide character sheet, not just for the acc. with that in mind, going up ranks in the ACC will not give you points on the character sheet.

Windos

06-08-2009 16:09:33

So there is now no incentive to win battles? :P

Muz Ashen

14-08-2009 11:44:32

There's pride, there's titles in the ACC, and eventually, there will be other perks to ranking up in the ACC. But as for right now, giving people points on a DB character sheet for one activity that not anyone does would be unfair.

Kah Manet

14-08-2009 12:35:33

But, Muz, wouldn't that inspire more people who enjoy writing but thought the ACC useless to actually utilize the ACC?

Sith Bloodfyre

15-08-2009 04:41:29

It'd be unfair for character enhancement to only come from the ACC, considering a lot of people could see enhancement coming from things like gaining skill and getting better in JO/JA equaling becoming a better character/swordsman fictionally, and all that. Same with character enhancement through Clan writing, run-ons and all that.

RianAslar

13-12-2009 13:16:42

Hello Combat Master i have a quick question/problem, by viewing my character sheet i have seen that you changed the Prerequisites for K'thri (or not?). I ask because my intelligence is 12 and i still was able to give it 3 points so i could learn Vim. the chracter sheet has been approved on 11/18/2009 3:21:00 PM [CS ID #1884], please can you tell me what now will be happening?

GRD RianAslar (Sith)/Ektrosis of Taldryan [ACC: INI]