Championship Ladder: First Round

Dalthid

03-02-2005 07:40:16

I had fully intended to open up sign ups for the first round of the championship ladder a week before the end of the RoS, with the start of it, after that week of signups. However, I have been reading in the forum that DB scale comps aren't really appreciated 'back to back' because it takes away from what Clans want to do.

I never really saw the ACC Ladders as an interference with the mechanics of everything else, even when they are part of a large scale competition, but I guess other's could.

So, I guess what I want to know is; "Do you have an idea of when you'd like to see it underway?"

*Remember, its going to be long... 4 seperate ladders whose lengths will be determined by the amount of participation.

Dark Sabre

03-02-2005 07:42:32

Eh... let's get a break. There was no "after the IGs and Sith War" choice so I went with 2 wks after the RoS. Plus, me and Lannie wanted to run some debate type competition after the RoS and all this other stuff...

And then Clans and Houses want to run stuff (I should know being on the summit)...

So much stuff. :P Hold a ladder every other month or whatever after the RoS. Don't do all four in a row because that will make people tired of it.

Halcyon

03-02-2005 07:55:32

Dal, you should find out the date of the IGs if possible. I believe they're supossed to start sometime in April.

I really don't see the ACC ladder taking away too much from the rest of the activities around the DB. You can wasily run other competitions with this one running in the backgrounnd more or less.

I say just give us a week or two to get our bearings before starting it. Although having sign-ups early will give all of us Clan summits some knowledge of how many members will be participating.

Ktulu Xyler

03-02-2005 14:17:45

I agree with Halc. Hold off a week or so after the RoS then start the ladder. I personally didn't see anything with the ACC as a deterrent from whatever I did in the clan or house. But then again at that time I wasn't going throught the [Expletive Deleted] I am now.

But yeah holding the first one a short time after the RoS would be prime and it does give some people a chance to get back into ACC shape like moi for example :P

Nekura Manji

04-02-2005 06:09:34

And have the four ladders held seperately, not one after the other- to give people a bit of a breather, and a chance to participate in whatever other comps are going on.

Esca

04-02-2005 08:46:26

I would mind seeing it asap. *shrug* Just my simple opinion.

~Esca~

Anonymous

04-02-2005 09:35:37

Dal, will signups for each ladder be limited to 32 to prevent a situation like in the KRoS?

Sunflash

04-02-2005 11:21:32

I agree with Esca. Some of us are bored and need something to do..... ;)

CyberGuy

04-02-2005 11:44:17

Try to get a life? :P

I think we should do it 2 weeks after the RoS

Anonymous

04-02-2005 11:52:04

Are you even going to take part Cybey? Bet you won't! :P

Sunflash

04-02-2005 12:03:20

Try to get a life? :P

I think we should do it 2 weeks after the RoS

Hey, I have a life. It is just the fact that I am grounded and there is not much else to do. Plus the girlfriend is out of town, which means time by myself....... ;)

CyberGuy

04-02-2005 12:04:41

Hehe. Some time between you and your avatar? :P >:)

and Lenz: No, I'm not gonna participate :P

Arania

05-02-2005 19:13:54

The RoS NPCs were only to allow as many as wanted to take part. With 4 ladders, it would be logical to assume a sign up limit of 32 - if not 16.

Dalthid

05-02-2005 20:16:37

there will be a limit, but it will depend on how many signups there are. let's say theres 18... 16 will go to the ladder and 2 will have a spot for the next one... first come first serve, of course

Anonymous

05-02-2005 21:12:12

So one person can't enter all 4 ladders?

Dalthid

06-02-2005 08:47:52

Yes and no...

Yes, they can sign up for all 4, but it doesn't mean they will get to play in all 4. The reason is this: if JH snuffy signs up for the first one and loses, he may signup for the next one. But, because we will not use bye's or NPC's, if the ladder gets full - those who haven't fought in a ladder yet will have priority, thus giving everyone a chance, at least once.

The ACC will not cater to those who take their time and drag their feet, these ladders will be for those who want to win... and as you know, that takes a special kind of initiative.

Also, (sort of on that note) there aren't going to be any 'fun' battles. Sure you can put humor in there if you want, but for the most part they will be brutal and violent... fictionally, of course :)

NOTE: After understanding the feelings in this thread, there will be a two week gap in between the RoS and the start of the first ladder. The first week of the delay will be for sign-ups, the second will be to set the ladder up... then it's off to the races.