Herald's Office

Muz Ashen

31-03-2006 11:50:51

Any questions you might have that pertain to the Herald's Office can go here, and I'll respond as quickly as possible.

If you don't already know, the Herald is responsible for Graphics stuff around the DB... with a few major fields of focus:

a.) Warbanners!
b.) Lightsabers!
c.) Robes!

The Herald's office also does other things, like website graphics, new medal images, reward graphics, and lots of cool graphical stuff.

So, feel free to ask away.

Aabsdu

31-03-2006 16:37:30

I have a question...

Will you be creating a picture for the Elite Cluster of Fire any time soon?

Muz Ashen

31-03-2006 17:36:50

Yes, it is planned.

Also, the regular Cluster of Fire is getting redone, and may be done soon. Watch for it in reports!

Devani

31-03-2006 17:42:15

I was wondering if there might be female robes released soon? I remember seeing an example of one and wasn't sure if you had decided against them or if you're just too busy. Thanks :)

Muz Ashen

31-03-2006 19:28:48

there will be a variety of female robes to choose from (depending on rank acheived, etc)... so while they aren't in the default robes (the ones up now), they will be selectable in the final release. (2-3 months, by my count)

Tolter

31-03-2006 19:50:38

I have a suggestion/question, would members be able to add graphics or the like to their robes anytime in the future?

Muz Ashen

31-03-2006 22:59:23

i don't really understand what you are asking. Can you clarify please?

Jaysun Adumarii

01-04-2006 01:48:27

Muz I had two quick questions.

1.Will custom items, ie. gunbelts etc. be allowed on the new robes and if so how would we get them.

2.When I request a new warbanner it won't let me request one without picking a medallion color even though I don't want one on my warbanner. How can I get around selecting one.

Halcyon

01-04-2006 02:08:03

i don't really understand what you are asking.  Can you clarify please?

I think he's asking if people can add their own custom graphics to their robes. That's what I get from the question myself

Kaine Mandaala

01-04-2006 04:02:51

Muz I had two quick questions.

1.Will custom items, ie. gunbelts etc. be allowed on the new robes and if so how would we get them.

2.When I request a new warbanner it won't let me request one without picking a medallion color even though I don't want one on my warbanner. How can I get around selecting one.

Your answer to #2 is easy. You're getting that option as a former Tetrarch -- You were once a 'leader'. Medallions are only for leaders and former leaders. Not everyone gets to have one.

Tolter

01-04-2006 10:10:03

I think he's asking if people can add their own custom graphics to their robes.  That's what I get from the question myself

Yes that is what I meant. Nothing big though, sort of like a symbol to represent themselves on their robes.

Muz Ashen

01-04-2006 17:03:40

Tolter: Right now, the robes project will have almost 900 variants available at initial release. Because this is so high of a number, we think that everyone will be able to pick something pretty unique. Custom items or insignias will not be available for rank and file members, as the workload of that would be astounding (and we are but volunteers here). Right now, I've been debating allowing summits to have a unique item, but that's not solid yet.

This program only will have full custom robes for GMs. Again, like every other project, the higher ranked you are, the more options available to you.

Jaysun:
1.) as I said above, custom items will likely be restricted to upper echelon members, although I may host competitions where the winners get something cool made for their robes.

2.) pick a color, and write in the notes that you don't want a medallion.

Tolter

01-04-2006 18:51:11

Yea, I thought it would be way too much work, I was curious though...

Aghasett

01-04-2006 19:34:13

2 questions, por favor:

1) Will there ever be a search function on DJB.com or a HRLD page gallery to view all the custom lightsabers together? It would be really cool to see them all w/o skimming random dossiers.

2) Where can I find the Ark of the Covenant? Any leads?

Thanx.

Muz Ashen

01-04-2006 20:30:26

1.) if you log into the site, your admin page has a link called "view all custom sabers'. It's neat and cool... Thanks to Rax. :)

2.) I have it on good authority that the Arc is in the Vatican Vaults.

Aghasett

03-04-2006 17:35:04

-Holy shizzle that is f'ing neat and cool! Danke!

-I dunno about that Vatican connection. There was some old movie I can't 'member the title of that suggested the Ark was in an umarked crate in a govt. warehouse somewhere in Washingtion, DC. So...ya know. You be the judge ;p

Muz Ashen

03-04-2006 19:30:23

Old movie? That was Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc.

Still, it's in the vatican. If our government had it, they'd use it, and probably in some cheap way. :P

Corran Force

03-04-2006 20:06:51

They are making a 4th Indiana Jones movie. I can't wait to see it on the big screen. :-)

Kaine Mandaala

03-04-2006 21:40:10

1.) if you log into the site, your admin page has a link called "view all custom sabers'.  It's neat and cool... Thanks to Rax.  :)

That is not one of my options. I can, however, take the test for a training saber.

Aghasett

04-04-2006 03:10:05

They are making a 4th Indiana Jones movie.  I can't wait to see it on the big screen. :-)

In pre-pro as we speak, written by David Koepp, due out in '07. So Harrison Ford will be like, 70? According to imdb, Natalie Portman was considered for the role of Indiana Jones's daughter (barf), but they nixed that direction.

That is not one of my options. I can, however, take the test for a training saber.

The "View All Member Lightsabers" link leads to the "View Custom Sabers" page, which seems to include thumbnails of every member's saber, custom and standard alike.

Kaine Mandaala

04-04-2006 12:00:10

The "View All Member Lightsabers" link leads to the "View Custom Sabers" page, which seems to include thumbnails of every member's saber, custom and standard alike.

Yep. I see it now. That's a handy feature - how long has that been around?

Muz Ashen

04-04-2006 13:48:11

Rax coded that in about a week and a half ago with some other stuff i needed.

Yay Rax!

Sephiroth Kali

04-04-2006 15:49:35

Your answer to #2 is easy. You're getting that option as a former Tetrarch -- You were once a 'leader'. Medallions are only for leaders and former leaders. Not everyone gets to have one.

As a current Tet, how do I get that option, for a medalion?

Kaine Mandaala

04-04-2006 16:31:36

As a current Tet, how do I get that option, for a medalion?

This option should be available to you.

Devani

04-04-2006 19:35:57

I'm an Aedile and I don't have that option either.

Aghasett

04-04-2006 21:36:56

*OFF TOPIC*

Old movie?  That was Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc. 

Still, it's in the vatican.  If our government had it, they'd use it, and probably in some cheap way.  :P

I've read that scholars today think it's final resting place is either in Ethiopia, Turkey or Jordan, and some believe it was transported to Ireland around Hadrian's time. If it isn't destroyed (which it probably is) it's the single most powerful -- or "psychologically powerful" -- priceless object in the world, just waiting for us to find. Even a piece of it would fetch billions.

Muz Ashen

04-04-2006 22:06:29

For the medallion question: I think that when they coded it, they hjad no way to check for prior instances of being an aedile or not (you have to be AED or higher)... so... they probably tied it to rank... If you are an aedile... Just leave a note in the request, and we'll verify your service..

Sephiroth Kali

04-04-2006 23:11:08

Does that appy to me too? The only options I have are banner color and secondary color.

Kaine Mandaala

05-04-2006 00:30:49

For the medallion question:  I think that when they coded it, they hjad no way to check for prior instances of being an aedile or not (you have to be AED or higher)... so... they probably tied it to rank... If you are an aedile... Just leave a note in the request, and we'll verify your service..

/me stirs the pot.

I'll leave these answers to Muz :) He's in charge of it all now anyway!

Muz Ashen

05-04-2006 08:51:38

<3 Kaine.

For those of you who may not know, Kaine was Herald for a looong time (I think he has the record for the longest term of service in a DC post), and is my hero. :D

Seph: I see from your IDline that you are a TET... Unless you've served as an Aedile or higher (Quaestor, Proconsul, Consul or a DC or support post), you don't get to have a Medallion...yet.

Macron Sadow

05-04-2006 10:06:33

Here's a question:

In the saber guide, Dun Moch requires 5/5 Makashi skill, and 200 Force points. If I am right, you have to be SBM/equiv. or above to begin study of the form. I know Rebirth hasn't been released yet, but I am trying to get an idea of whether I'll be able to take it.

thanks! Mac

Muz Ashen

05-04-2006 10:42:54

Umm, the current ACC character sheet (that was uploaded yesterday thanks to JaM3z) has all the currently available pre-requisites coded in (that means: no rank restrictions right now, but a limited pool of points that increases with rank)...

At my rank of pontifex, I was able to get 3 makashi/3 soresu/4 ataru/5 sokan... or 5 makashi/5 dun moch/5 trakata. This is only slightly ahead of the scale used under rebirth...although that's more concerning the eventual rank restrictions more than points.

as to force points, i don't think they're coded into the ACC yet... Kaiann had a formulae that multiplied rank by wisdom and divided by pi or something, but i'm foggy on how that works. Since that part of the game isn't built in yet, it's not terribly important at the moment.

And just to poke at the whole conception of 'Rebirth'...

Rebirth won't be released all at once. That was one of the big things with the Council Amalgamation documents... Rebirth will be released and implemented gradually... So this step in the ACC *is* a part of rebirth, as are the warbanners, new robes, and the spiffy new sabers you guys got.

Macron Sadow

05-04-2006 11:07:57

Thanks!

Sephiroth Kali

05-04-2006 16:50:02

Thanks Muz! Hopefuly, i'll be requesting one very soon as I have applyed for Tridens AED.

I'm catching up Dev! :)

Maol Nor Lexu

27-08-2006 18:29:53

Just want to know, who is the 3 three members have been serve as a herald before you (Muz)

Kaine Mandaala

27-08-2006 20:11:38

Three before Muz?

Cyris Oscura (826)
Kaine Mandaala (5)
Joker (No longer with the DJB)

Maol Nor Lexu

28-08-2006 04:35:36

Thanks dude.

Its for my trivia

Kaine Mandaala

28-08-2006 07:44:56

Thanks dude.

Its for my trivia

That'll be tough. Most people only remember as far back as me. Then again I was there forever. :D

Muz Ashen

29-08-2006 01:37:43

what Kaine said. Kaine was Herald for over five years, so the chair still has his ass-groove in it. :P

Maol Nor Lexu

02-09-2006 05:19:10

I've been thinking, is it possible to make the robe in the RL. Is there any measurement and how to make it (tutor)

Muz Ashen

13-09-2006 03:08:43

Well, I didn't make patterns of all of the robes in the selector, but I can probably make black/white images for a person to see exactly what's going on.

I had my robes made for DragonCon by finding a badass tailor and just taking a printed version out to him...it took him some tinkering around to get it, but the result was pretty awesome (and if you look at my last report, you can see how they turned out.)

Aabsdu

16-09-2006 16:41:56

I don't think this is your area of expertise, but do you know when we might get new CF images and images for ECFs?

Also, what's the average wait for a custom lightsaber?

silverRaven

13-10-2006 13:53:47

Abs, all the medals will be, in time, updated. Just takes time. I believe Muz has already done the CF images.

For custom lightsabers, it really depends. Muz takes an hour or so, depending on complexity. I take about 2 to 12 hours, depending on the complexity and how long it takes me to get a porper idea. Hope that helps.

Vladek

27-12-2006 14:50:31

I have a question. :huh:

Could someone make a request for a custom saber while they were still below the required rank for one, then receive it when reaching said required rank?

Muz Ashen

28-12-2006 00:54:34

i used to allow stuff like this, but with recent workloads being what they are, I'm afraid I can't do that currently.

I'll let people know if this changes.

Vladek

28-12-2006 03:55:38

Okay.

Thanks anyway, Muz!

Callus

09-01-2007 21:24:59

wasn't sure if somone already said this but Muzzy...

I <3 THE ACC ROBES!!!!!

Sephiroth Kali

10-01-2007 20:08:29

Yeah! Thanks for the Envoy robes, (the GMRG look cool as heck too!

Wyatt

13-01-2007 02:48:45

are there any apprentice style robes and sabre's?[/SIZE]

Sephiroth Kali

13-01-2007 10:08:27

Wyatt,

Apps are not premitted to carry a lightsaber, however, you can earn a Training saber. I believe if you become a neophyte in the ACC and complete the lightsaber course at the SA. As for the robes, I'd wait for Muz :) Welcome to the Brotherhood!

BTW: Muz, I saw youre robes in the Lightsaber guide, do you have a better picture of them?

Wyatt

13-01-2007 17:45:53

Wyatt,

Apps are not premitted to carry a lightsaber, however, you can earn a Training saber. I believe if you become a neophyte in the ACC and complete the lightsaber course at the SA. As for the robes, I'd wait for Muz :) Welcome to the Brotherhood!

BTW: Muz, I saw youre robes in the Lightsaber guide, do you have a better picture of them?

thanks for the info but unfortunately i dont have a better pic of my robes i created those in the robes creator option on the db website. but feel free to contact me with a private message and we can exchange better contact information and discuss a few more things that way.

Vladek

14-01-2007 12:04:33

Pssst....
He's talking to Muz about the robes, not you. :P

Sephiroth Kali

14-01-2007 14:28:54

lol, wow...

Muz Ashen

16-01-2007 05:14:45

1.) you can get a training saber by qualifying in the ACC and taking the test (it's under the administration options when you log in on the DB site). They're blue and shiney. You can't get more than a training saber until you are knighted. Sorry, but that's the rule.

As for robes, the young journeymen (JH and below) have two kits to choose from: Padawan and Sentry. You get much more when you get knighted, and tons more if you get promoted from there. I don't, at this time, have any plans to expand the young journeymans robes selections...mostly because i want you guys to all work hard and earn your saber, so you can get the cool stuff. I'm not going to give any of you an excuse to stop working. :P

2.) The robes in the saber combat guide? If you're talking about the actual saber combat guide (where there's a few pics of me for the 'sokan' style), I'm afraid to say that I wasn't really wearing robes. I was wearing my warcoat, a black military style sweater, black jeans, my normal workboots, and the bits that comprise my synthetic arm.
I didn't have my robes made in time for the combat guide, and I figured that wearing a black gi was played out... so i wore what i usually wear, tbh. I guess it worked out.

now the robes on my dossier...i had those made and wore them to DragonCon...but that's a different story.

Cethgus

16-01-2007 11:59:22

So my questions)

1) Will there be any more lets say unique DJK robes coming out soon

2) will there be any new sabers coming out for the rank of DJK

Muz Ashen

18-01-2007 01:01:29

1.) None of the robes that are in the selector are 'unique' by definition. If you meant to ask 'Are there going to be more robes for the DJKs to choose from in the future?', the answer is yes, but not right away. I'm busy with major projects at the moment, and the office's time is better spent on other things.

2.) as above, so below.

RevengeX

02-02-2007 17:17:37

The "Gladiator" robe is for members of the ACC, correct? If so, shouldn't it be able to be selected when a member reaches the rank of Neophyte (not Vendetta) in the ACC? It seems kind of silly that an Initiate should be considered a member of the ACC when they haven't yet been "inducted" into the society by passing a qualification match. Just my opinion.

Muz Ashen

02-02-2007 19:34:29

It's a coding issue. The site *knows* when and if you're a member of a specific society, but doesn't check for rank...yet.

This may be changing in the future...for a few of the societies, as many have said that those in the first few ranks of the GMRG shouldn't have the royal guard armour available to them right off the bat.

RevengeX

03-02-2007 13:13:58

Okay, thanks for answering me, Muz. :)

Dismal

04-02-2007 02:22:28

I think that the society robes should be available to everyone in the society, yet have robe upgrades on them.

Like an Initiate could have the Gladiator robes, yet when they reach Neophyte or any other rank they could like have a medallion or sash added to it or something. Same with the GMRG, have upgrades to the armor. It may be a bit away, but this is just my $0.02

Sephiroth Kali

04-02-2007 08:27:17

I agree with Dismal here somewhat. I wouldn't mind GMRG having to earn there robes, but I think its a little different for the Envoys and ACC'ers. For example, somone can have years of experience aas an Enovy, the lowest level of the society, and they wouldn't get an upgrade. As for the ACC, it makes sense to give an upgrade to those who have completed there qualification battles, however in a realistic sense, even someone in training would need robes to train in :D

Muz Ashen

05-02-2007 02:28:12

That's more than a little bit hypocritical, don't you think?

Like anything else: the things that are the coolest need a lot of work to earn. Sorry, but that's the way it works. I've already been told that the GMRG armour (the full royal guard armor) will not be available to all the GMRG members in the relatively near future... And this will probably mean that there will be a few cooler variants on the acc and envoy robes to correspond.

what is done for one society will be done for all societies. That's how we roll. :P

Macron Sadow

05-02-2007 13:44:04

Aye aye Muz!

Etah

05-02-2007 17:16:57

Royal Guard robes should be available to all GMRG members until such a time as there is a coherent and definite means of achieving a rank greater than inductee.

Muz Ashen

05-02-2007 17:20:41

I tend to agree, Etah.

There's a method in the works to get the GMRG back on it's feet...and we're waiting for that to kick in.

Sephiroth Kali

05-02-2007 22:46:43

I was planning to apply for the GMRG. That was right before the whole thing with whatshisname...

Dismal

17-02-2007 19:22:48

I've got yet another idea...leader robes :D

Like we could have some robes for Aedile only; some for QUA only; et cetera. If not at least upgrades, like medallions for warbanners.

Muz Ashen

22-02-2007 03:23:57

That's not a bad idea.

Andan Taldrya Marshall

22-02-2007 13:21:08

That'd be a nice little piece of recognition. Before the robes were redone (fictional, DSC wise, not Muz's graphics) the leaders had a specific distinguishing addition to their robes and it'd be a nice little thing to get those back.

Scyrone

22-02-2007 13:51:48

I got a question for the Herald.

I don't know if new Lightsabers have been thought up of yet, but what about some new saber designs? I know I'm not even a DJK yet, but I just thought we could use more variants of sabers. I know you might need some canon sources for them so here are some ideas.

In BF 2 (I think it was for Assajj Ventress) you can get a Fiber-Cord Linked Saber. Basically it would be dual saber linked by a cord. They could act like "nunchucks" in a way.

Darth Nihl of the Legacy Comics used a Lightsaber Spear or Cane-like saber. The hilt was longer and the blade could either be the same length or shorter.

I know the Sith of Ancient used Sith Swords and similiar things so couldn't it be possible to customize some Sith Swords for people too?

These are just ideas, I dont expect them to be taken really.

I also just wanted to know what all the Lightsaber colors there were for customization?

Andan Taldrya Marshall

22-02-2007 22:43:40

Sword-chucks are bad and lightsaber-chucks are REALLY bad. Please don't suggest weapons that will end up with 90% of the people who use them accidentally loosing limbs.

Callus

22-02-2007 22:50:16

LOL Crix that's a good point

Sephiroth Kali

23-02-2007 19:15:15

Again, there could be rank requirements.

As for leader robes, don't forget about Rollmasters :P

And congrats Muz on the DS!

Scyrone

23-02-2007 20:55:59

Sword-chucks are bad and lightsaber-chucks are REALLY bad.  Please don't suggest weapons that will end up with 90% of the people who use them accidentally loosing limbs.

It should be avaiable to experienced members, this way it will prevent people from losing limbs and will prevent noobs from killing themselves. I think it will create more of a fictional aspect for the ACC and other fictions as it would be interesting to see how people would use them.

Kaine Mandaala

24-02-2007 12:37:52

Muz -

Given that official LucasArts artwork and the Darth Maul comic has shown the use of lightsaber hilts in the style of a set of tonfa, will that now be considered as an option?

I don't like it but I'm sure some martial arts fanboy out there is peeing his pants with excitement.

Muz Ashen

24-02-2007 13:55:02

I have discussed at length the idea of 'artifact weapons'.

What will probably end up happening is that I will make one of each of the exceedingly rare variants (tonfa-sabers, protosabers, saberchucks, saber-spears, sith-swords, lightwhips, etc) and award them as huge competition rewards...like the MVP of a Great Jedi war would be able to choose.

These items are meant to be very very rare, and this would help reflect that.

As far as their use, there would be serious lightsaber form restrictions... i.e., one would have to use a specific form to use that weapon, no ifs, ands or buts.

I know I'm not even a DJK yet, but I just thought we could use more variants of sabers.

What, the 264 variants there already are isn't enough for you?

There are literally 264 sabers to choose from at DJK. I just went and counted them.
Upon getting another promotion, there is an additional 192 to choose from.
Get to Equite 2, and you have the capacity to request a custom saber.
One more promotion, and you can select from 240 more weapons.

That means that the selector alone has 696 lightsabers to choose from. That means, not counting the customs that people can get.

I think that for right now, there's plenty to choose from.

As far as 'Special things' like lightwhips and so on...they will *never* be included in the selector, at any rank. They're meant to be rare, and putting them in the selector defeats that. I will however, be working with the winners of every major vendetta and war to get them some nice rewards. That means every war that issues seals. (yes, including the Outer Rim War)

Muz Ashen

24-02-2007 14:06:50

Oh, and the colours for customization are pretty much endless.

standard selector sabers come in red, purple, blue, light blue, green, and yellow.

The most common non-standard colours that people select are silver and orange. I have also made teal and a coulpe other tweaked colors. I can make just about any colour you think of...but if you request 'I want a dark **** blade', I'll choke you. Lightsabers can't really come in 'dark colours'. :P

Dismal

24-02-2007 15:38:26

Hey Muz what rank is UV sabers available at?

PS Congrats on the Diamond Sword!
[/late]

Muz Ashen

24-02-2007 18:53:09

At present, you have to be a DJM to get an ultraviolet saber. This may not stay that way for long, though.

Dismal

24-02-2007 22:08:10

Okay...thx :D

Macron Sadow

25-02-2007 16:16:47

Leader robes- good idea.

Muz wrote:
"What will probably end up happening is that I will make one of each of the exceedingly rare variants (tonfa-sabers, protosabers, saberchucks, saber-spears, sith-swords, lightwhips, etc) and award them as huge competition rewards...like the MVP of a Great Jedi war would be able to choose."

That is very intriguing... if you need any research assistance I'd be glad to offer my services.

cheers, mac

Sephiroth Kali

25-02-2007 19:36:40

Will there be anything for Rollmasters in the near future?

silverRaven

25-02-2007 21:12:28

I'm going to cover several things beyond your question Seph, so stay tuned, they all pertain to what you're asking.

But before that, sabers with long hilts are not that truly irregular. That's just a long hilt, a personal preference or style specific hilt type. However, a POLE would be considered different, which is what I think you're talking about. A five foot hilt becomes more of a spear/glaive/naginata device. That's illegal, as is having a blade with a more extensive size change beyond a dual phase blade. Which will be restricted when the rebirth system finally kicks in.

As for Rollmasters: This here is mostly conjecture: For the most part, a robe for every clan position rank BTL/RM/AED/QUA/PCON/CON might be extensive. Although Muz and I may decide to make them all, in my opinion, it would be easier, and I think more appropriate to have a unisex BTL robe (since all journeymen robes are unisex, and BTL is generally associated with the journeyman class), a male and female House Summit robe, and a male and female Clan Summit robe. So in terms of robes, if position unique robes do happen, if I were in control, it would be a House Summit robe. However, there is the chance that either none are made, or a unique RM robe is made. But all of this is likely to be done later in the future. So no, there won't be any soon, Seph, but there may be later.

Hope that answers your question. And Muz, you better have read all that, I'm not going to reiterate it to you :P

Callus

25-02-2007 21:59:21

Well for like leader robes or whatever, Cant you get like a medallion for your warbanner once you've been AED. I mean I think that's somthing right? Some people who are leaders and stuff don't have warbanners.

Besides CBO <3 the ACC robes!

Muz Ashen

26-02-2007 04:08:33

Don't get carried away just yet, people. If Leader Robes come around, It'd likely be at the QUA and Up levels. Aediles already get the ability to get a medallion on their warbanners.

Besides, something that we've done lately is more of a personal empowerment thing. Time was, everyone of a specific order and rank got the same robes, period. I don't want to make people feel compelled to use a specific robe for people to realize that they hold a specific office, as it'd defeat my purpose of having all the members pick robes, sabers and warbanners that reflect their characters, and not a cookie-cutter variant.

Which will be restricted when the rebirth system finally kicks in.

Bloody hell. Rebirth is already here. Warbanners, new sabers, new robes, new site layouts, the saber combat guide, each and every one of those are part of Rebirth. look at the site today...it doesn't even bear a passing resemblance to the site a year ago, much less when Jac announced the Rebirth plan.

Just a personal beef about the use of that old saw 'When rebirth comes out...', when almost all of it is already here.

As for restrictions on the sabers being covered under any particular system, trust me when I say that 'Dual-phase' sabers are Such a pain to do that only DJMs will ever get the chance to get them. Heck, I promised Goat one a long time ago, and I'm still fighting with it. It is not easy to make right, and there's no way in hell i'm going to make it so i have to do one every other day.

It's a matter of feasibility. I want people to have the coolest stuff available, but the really cool stuff is cool precisely because it is rare and unique, and making it available to anyone who wants one will lessen its coolness.

Plus, if everyone got what they wanted at DJK, no one would work for anything better, and no one would work to make the club more fun for the rest of the members, and eventually the whole thing would come crumbling down.

Sephiroth: Probably not. Sorry, but we're busy on many other things, first.

Callus: the perks are what they are. If a person chooses not to avail themselves of them, they don't get to pick another perk. It's not a barter system over here in the HRLD office. :P

Sephiroth Kali

26-02-2007 18:26:18

No problem:) What exactly is a dual phase lightsaber? whats the difference between one and a regular saber?

Etah

26-02-2007 23:06:34

I believe a duel phase lightsaber is a lightsaber with multiple focusing crystals that each adds different lengths to the lightsaber blade.

So you’re battling someone and you have a four-foot lightsaber blade and then you flip a switch and all of a sudden you have a two and a half foot blade, the person misses your blade and overextends him or herself. Then you slash at their back with your now short blade.

Apparently the point is that the picture is hard to make so only Elders will be able to obtain one.

Sephiroth Kali

26-02-2007 23:22:27

anyone have a link to someone who has one?

Callus

27-02-2007 10:07:31

I'm sure some people say they have one, Muz was just saying that it's a hard thing to create as a picture. I assume it looks like a normal lightsaber hilt but with a 2nd set of focusing crystals to shorten or lengthen the blade.

Andan Taldrya Marshall

27-02-2007 11:09:26

The saber would look normal except for there being an extra switch to change the length. The problem with making them most likely has to do with making the two blade lengths show up on the profiles.

Kaine Mandaala

27-02-2007 11:13:41

anyone have a link to someone who has one?

My violet bladed lightsaber has always been one. You can see the adjustment knob on the hilt just next to the activation controls.

Check out the pic on the wiki and you'll see it.

Direct Link to Saber Pic

Macron Sadow

27-02-2007 15:55:51

Etah wrote:
"I believe a duel phase lightsaber is a lightsaber with multiple focusing crystals that each adds different lengths to the lightsaber blade. "

Correct.

A dual-phase saber only has two set lengths- usually one at 130 cm, and another at 300 cm. They need two generator crystals. A reference in Lucas lore would be Gantoris' purple blade in "Dark Apprentice," as well as Corran Horn's white one in "I, Jedi." An old version of the Saber guide referenced these as being availiable to SBL+ or equvalent ranks. I'm not sure if that still holds.

However, a multi-phase blade is a different beast. It has widely adjustable lengths, and I believe only DJM+ can have them. Check out the Lightsaber Guide for more details.

Sephiroth Kali

27-02-2007 17:45:12

Kaine Mandaala

27-02-2007 17:52:35

The idea to put the knob on my own saber came from blueprints of Darth Vader's ANH saber. I'll have to try to scare those up and scan them for you all to see.

It was a set of blueprints that came out in the early 80's with designs of the Death Star set and various other things/places.

Callus

28-02-2007 12:11:37

I think I actually have a set of those blueprints you're talking about. I think I bought them at a garage sale or somthing. I'll see if they're in the box in my closet.

Sephiroth Kali

19-03-2007 00:59:41

I know I've asked this before, ut with the new report out mentioning them I thought i'd ask again.

Will the SoL's ever be coded for dossiers?

Scyrone

20-03-2007 21:10:32

Oh, and the colours for customization are pretty much endless.

standard selector sabers come in red, purple, blue, light blue, green, and yellow.

The most common non-standard colours that people select are silver and orange.  I have also made teal and a coulpe other tweaked colors.  I can make just about any colour you think of...but if you request 'I want a dark **** blade', I'll choke you.  Lightsabers can't really come in 'dark colours'.  :P

okay, dont think of me being gay for asking this, but if I wanted a pink lightsaber (when I am a DJK) then I could possibly have one? :D

One of the reasons why i like pink is because it's a good color (my third favorite), and imagine killing your opponent with a pink lightsaber ("you've been semi-pu**y wipped!").

Muz Ashen

21-03-2007 02:33:10

Sephiroth: Yes. When, I don't know.

Scryone: You will be able to get a pink saber, but you have to wait until Equite two. the only blade colours available on the selector are colours that were in the films.

Sephiroth Kali

21-03-2007 06:59:09

Thanks Muz ;)

Scyrone

21-03-2007 12:45:35

Ok, thats understandable. Thanks for the info.

Sephiroth Kali

29-04-2007 00:04:47

Quick question, when are duelist or curved sabers avalible?

Muz Ashen

29-04-2007 00:13:13

A reproduction of Count Dooku's saber is available from the selector at Equite 1. At equite 2, you are able to request a custom saber, and it may be curved.

Sephiroth Kali

29-04-2007 00:32:48

By Equite 1 that would be KP ect?

Muz Ashen

29-04-2007 00:42:55

Yes. Krath Priest, Sith Warrior, or Obelisk Templar are all Equite 1 ranks.

Sephiroth Kali

29-04-2007 13:25:59

Thanks Muz!

*rubs hands eagerly*

Callus

28-07-2007 02:51:28

Hey Kaine! Can members who go rogue get special robes like... all like cool and stuff?

Kaine Mandaala

28-07-2007 10:08:22

Hey Kaine! Can members who go rogue get special robes like... all like cool and stuff?

You can only get those things if you advance to the right rank. You cannot advance in rank if you are not in a Clan.

Shikyo Keibatsu

17-10-2007 02:18:42

Wow. I just realized this was here. :P

Kaine Mandaala

17-10-2007 16:39:06

Welcome to your forum.

Shikyo Keibatsu

17-10-2007 16:54:39

Hehe. Thanks but it's also yours too. You're a Herald. :P

Tolter

17-10-2007 21:12:44

Can I have free stuff? :)

Shikyo Keibatsu

17-10-2007 22:40:57

No. :P

Anubis

22-10-2007 00:32:14

What kind of idiot question is that! :blink: Of course you can't have free stuff.

Shikyo Keibatsu

22-10-2007 00:35:01

I require a few thousand credits and a promotion for myself in order to give youse guys something. Lol!

RevengeX

22-10-2007 16:42:25

Just wondering, can members request another custom lightsaber after already having one?

Shikyo Keibatsu

22-10-2007 16:49:03

You can but if we notice trends of every month or so requesting custom sabers, we'll ask people about it. But you can request one if ya like.

The biggest thing is making sure we use our time to contribute more to the DB as a whole and not just individual members. :)

Anonymous

08-01-2008 16:36:47

Can I has a bucket? xP

Anyway I just wanted to add...As of recently ( a month or so) you cannot request drawings, photographs or any similar image for your Warbanners....Warbanners are now strictly logos, tribals or emblems

So if you request a WB with a drawing you will be asked, politely, to resend the request with a logo/tribal/emblem of your choosing

Thats all!
Praetor out!

Tolter

21-01-2008 11:04:38

Shikyo Keibatsu

21-01-2008 11:05:53

Tyren, yes you can have a bucket. Arch has a crate so I'm sure that's fine. JC, die... slowly... painfully... :P

Ashura

21-01-2008 13:29:02

Tyren, yes you can have a bucket. Arch has a crate so I'm sure that's fine. JC, die... slowly... painfully... :P

ROFL!!!

Can I have a new hand? Oh wait... I would have needed an old hand to need a new hand, but I never had an old hand so I guess I dont need a new hand, so then how about a something else instead...

... now I am confused. :ermm:

What about a better Warbanner... that would be nice. ;)

Sidarace

30-05-2010 16:04:23

Hey Shik/Jeric/Muz/Orv, got a question for you. For some time now, I have not been able to access the full bit of the darkjedibrotherhood.com/hrld site, in terms of actually viewing the robes section, sabers, warbanners, etc.. Is there any way we can restore this by any chance? Personally, I looking at the grand scale of all of the robes and sabers on one page, especially the ones that get unlocked at ranks higher than mine.

So, figured I'd ask now, as at first I thought it might be a temporary thing, but it's been unavailable for a good while now.

Thanks,

Taigikori

30-05-2010 23:37:01

I can answer this one.

Sid: It's been shut down and being moved over to the wiki.

Windos

31-05-2010 02:40:27

HERE!

http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...php?title=Robes

Sabers used to be here: http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/dbjedi/...view_custom.php in the admin menu, may have been misplaced in the whole asp to php conversion.

Muz Ashen

31-05-2010 18:12:43

I can answer this one.

Sid: It's been shut down and being moved over to the wiki.

It's not been shut down. it's an issue with the .Org domain. We have been copying all the information into the wiki, but it's not all there yet. the .org issue is being worked on.