Bracket Personal Fighter Shiplist

Sith Bloodfyre

18-05-2005 01:56:32

Just a reminder, First Place can pick form any tier, Second from Tiers 2 and 3, Third from Tier 3. You have the option of choosing one ship, and yes, it becomes yours, personal possession, usable in anything and everything of the DB, not to be taken away. Yes, not every fighter is on this list, but something Oberst brought up to me, there's not many people who would want a Z-95, or some other outdates ship that's extremely useless by more advanced fighter production models. Placed contestants, please, email me your choices when you have decided upon them. Clans, I'm going to be putting out an updated Clan fighter list here later tonight, or tomorrow, to include the recent acquisitions.

Tier 1

A-Wing
A-9 Vigilance
TIE Defender
TIE Advanced
TIE Phantom
MiyTil
I-7 Howlrunner
Gamma Class XM-1 Missile Boat
B-Wing

Tier 2

H-KDI T-Wing
Delta-7 Aethersprite
Cloakshape Fighter
Cloakshape/H Fighter
X-Wing
Alpha Class XG-1 Star Wing
TIE Scimitar MkII
TIE Scimitar
TIE Interceptor

Tier 3

TIE Bomber
Y-Wing BTL-A4 Longprobe
SoroSuub Planetary Fighter MkI
1R-41 Starchaser
Preybird Class Starfighter
Toscan Fighter
N-1 Starfighter
Y-Wing
TIE Fighter

MERLANCE

18-05-2005 02:39:03

Im not one to question your infinitie wisdom (or that of whoever made the ship list) but why is the TIE Phantom a tier 2 ship?

Oberst

18-05-2005 02:43:04

I thought I had deleted the TIE Phantom from the list. Everything I could find about it hints that all the prototypes were destroyed, and the one TIE captured by the Rebellion triggered a fail safe that destroyed it.

Sith Bloodfyre

18-05-2005 05:19:23

Well, technically, Arcona has some TIE Phantoms, as does CSP and CEK; they were prizes given during Goat's Sith War. Given that we already have some, I suppose we can't go according to that logic. As such, it'll be made a Tier 1 ship.

Xanos

18-05-2005 07:55:44

The TIE Phantoms are the same as a lot of ships really. If you consider TIE Defenders they were never in mass production. Better yet, Missile Boats, which were meant to have all been destroyed during TIE Fighter and, to my knowledge, haven't ever been officially seen since.

Anonymous

18-05-2005 09:26:28

Apparently two or three missile boats were placed into protective storage. After all, the player never loses their one..

khan

18-05-2005 19:57:19

Just wondering, what about the Eta-2 Actis Interceptor ?

Sith Bloodfyre

19-05-2005 03:14:59

Well, as mentioned in my intial post, not every fighter is here, nor do I think we have to have every fighter available. i think what has been created is a good representation of what most people will likely want.

khan

19-05-2005 08:48:15

My bad, I wasn't clear heh I wasn't asking why it wasn't on the list; I was asking at wich TIER it will belong in your opinion.
Sorry for the confusion =)

Xanos

21-05-2005 09:23:39

I can actually imagine that the Actis Interceptor (aka. Ep3 Jedi Starfighter) will actually become quite a popular ship.

Sith Bloodfyre

21-05-2005 15:28:16

Possibly. But at this point, it's not being offered. And I'm not sure which tier it would've fallen under, had it been on here; I don't have any stats for it.

Xanos

21-05-2005 17:34:39

True... I keep wondering how good it actually is. Its the predecessor to the TIE Fighter which might mean its weaker than a TIE Fighter... but at the same time it was a "luxury ship" for Jedi Knights and the TIE Fighter was a mass produced ship.

When someone does release stats I'm predicting it'll be an uber ship, probably something like a really fast TIE Interceptor with shields.

khan

24-05-2005 05:53:09

I hope we're going to implement it as a ship, it will surely be my personal ship =P
Asfor some specs, this is straight from the sw.com databank :

Height:
(Delta-7) 8 meters long; (Eta-2) 5.47 meters long

Manufacturer:
Kuat Systems Engineering

Type:
Light interceptor starfighter

Weapon:
(Delta-7) laser cannons; (Eta-2) dual laser cannons; 2 secondary ion cannons

From SWG:

Eta-2 Actis Interceptor
Jedi Starfighter
Wingspan - 5.5m
Length - 4.2m
Dual fixed blasters
One Missile Launcher
Booster mount
External astromech mount

From this site: http://www.geocities.com/kwenn86/eta2jedistarfighter

Type: light interceptor
Model: Eta-2 Actis Interceptor
Design: Kuat Systems Engineering
Affiliation: Jedi Order
Armaments: 2 dual laser cannons, 2 secondary ion cannons
Size: 5.47m (length), 4.3m (width)
Speed: 5,200G, 15,000kph
Crew: 1 pilot, 1 astromech droid

Also some guys made a playable model for XWA here http://www.mtdindustries.com/xwa/
read the FAQs first thought as the two versions available works on different machines.

Sith Bloodfyre

24-05-2005 11:29:24

When I say stats, the only reliable ones are really from the Star Wars Databank, but we need something more accurate for speed, weapon damage capability, shield strength, etc. There may be other sites that have decent information, but I can already say, if we use it, Kaiann is going to want to find, or create, RPG-ish stats for it. You might consider talking with him about the specific stats. If the two of you can find something workable, and it looks good to me, I'll likely approve it for use. I know Kaiann also wants podracers, which are more than fine, and I think he was working on stats for those, as well.

Xanos

24-05-2005 13:25:53

I've done my best looking around for Jedi starfighter stats but... nope. They don't exist. There are only those ones (which come from the Incredible Cross Sections books) which unfortunately aren't all too reliable. For example... one page it says the ARC-190 (clone six winged X-Wing thing) can go at about 50,000 kph, the next page it says the Jedi Eta-2 can only go at 15,000 kph. Now, for a start, you'd think the Jedi would have the better ship, and secondly, 15k compared to 50k is going to mean it isn't just going to be slow, its going to royally suck and be shot out of the sky in nanoseconds.

I daresay there'll be decent stats come out eventually, but we'll probably have to wait for an Episode III WOTC RPG Expansion book or something.

Sith Bloodfyre

24-05-2005 18:25:14

I was thinking basically the same thing, Goat.

khan

24-05-2005 20:24:29

The problem is, WotC doesn't have anything on release for the SWRGP for a while, not before xmass anyway.

Andan Taldrya Marshall

25-05-2005 01:35:00

They may have been waiting for Ep3 to release something new...

khan

25-05-2005 03:38:55

WotC is more concerned about the SW Miniature game then the RPG. They are pushing on it very hard and the rpg compartment has lost many guys over the last few months. I'll try to post on JD Wiker's forum about the Eta 3. Perhaps he can give us stats (or make em =P), in wich case we can easily assume them as official heh

Update:

Browsing the SWRPGNetwork ( http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/entry.php?s=&id=1859 ) I found the stats for the Eta-2 written by Morridin, one of the guy responsable for the Hero Sorcebook and Power of the Jedi. I think we can take those as canon as well

Craft: Kuat Systems Engineering's Eta-2 Actis-class Interceptor; Class: Starfighter; Cost: 180,000 new, 140,000 used; Size: Diminutive (5.47m length); Initiative: +6 (+4 crew, +2 size); Crew: 1 (Normal +2); Passengers: 0; Cargo Capacity: 20 kg; Consumables: 4 days; Hyperdrive: None (Uses TransGalMeg Hyperdrive Booster Ring); Maximum Speed: Ramming (9 squares/action); Atmospheric Speed: 1,150 kmh (19 squares/action) Maneuvers: +10 (+4 size, +2 crew, +4 engines); Defense: 24 (+4 size, +10 armor); Hull Points: 100; Shield Points: 0; DR: 10.
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon (2 fire-linked); Fire Arc: 2 Front; Attack Bonus: +10 (+4 size, +2 crew, +4 fire control); Damage: 6d10x2; Range Modifiers: PB +0, S +0, M/L N/A
Weapon: Dual Ion Cannon (2 fire-linked); Fire Arc: 2 Front; Attack Bonus: +10 (+4 size, +2 crew, +4 fire control); Damage: 4d10x2; Range Modifiers: PB +0, S +0, M/L N/A

Sith Bloodfyre

25-05-2005 04:09:17

Those may be correct, but the fighter still won't be added at this time. I'm also going to refer those stats to Kaiann again, simply because anything rpg-related is supposed to go through him, and I don't have the ability to match them up to the SWRPG stats on other ships, and see if it's feasible. But, at some later date, it may be offered for purchase.

Oberst

26-05-2005 00:01:34

Wouldn't it be horribly slow compared to newer fighters anyway? I mean, the only comparison I could make would be a Hellcat vs. Tomcat. And no matter how much modifying you do to the Hellcat, it wouldn't go as fast as the Tomcat. Sure, you could stick jet engines on there, but the structure wasn't engineered to handle that kind of stress...

Xanos

26-05-2005 07:07:44

The impression most of the supporting fiction has been giving is that public technology hit a black hole as soon as the Empire was formed. Things just came to a complete stop. Sure the Empire kept working on its secret projects and throwing tons of money into building Death Stars and things but after the Clone Wars there don't seem to have been any major leaps forward in technology until after the formation of the New Republic. If anything technology kind of went backwards.

The way I look at it is most ships in the Old Republic were luxury models. The Eta-2 Actis Interceptor was built in small numbers for Jedi pilots. It was designed to cost a crapload of credits and have as much of the most advanced technology available crammed inside. By comparison something like a TIE Fighter was a mass produced ship designed for mass produced clone pilots. Things like TIE Fighters were just designed to swarm an enemy in huge numbers. From the stats I've managed to acquire the Eta-2 Actis Interceptor was probably around the same quality as an X-Wing. The best explanation is probably just to say that Jedi starfighters were paid for by the Supreme Chancellor's office and the Jedi Council (both of whom had bucket loads of credits and could afford whatever they wanted). It would be like looking at military technology that is usually always years ahead of whats available on the public market. The kind of technology available for luxury ships in the Old Republic didn't become widely available for another couple of decades.

Its kind of like looking at a TIE Defender. A TIE Defender costs a crapload but represents the best technology of the Empire, but their stock fighters were basic mass produced TIEs. The TIE Defender wasn't mass produced until twenty years or so after the Battle of Endor. The Eta-2 Actis Interceptor may be a lot older but it was the TIE Defender of its day- way beyond the level of technology available on the open market- and ships of its calibre didn't come into production until the X-Wing became widely available twenty years later. Its no different really to comparing an F1 sports car to the cheapest old banger you can find. The kind of engines that currently cost millions that are in F1 cars will probably be widely available in 20 years and F1 cars will be a lot more advanced than what they are today... in both cases the kind of cars ordinary people own are a lot cheaper and nowhere near as powerful.