Arcane Scoop

Telona

27-08-2006 03:00:45

Hey all!

Just wanted to give you guys the low down on this new publication. This is a test run for it and if things go well then it will continue to run. If not, you guys just loose another avenue to gain Dark Side Scrolls and get your stories, graphics, and what nots published. Biggest thing is, you guys drive the Arcane Scoop. All I do is put it together and do a bit of editing. It will not require any kind of journalist type articles. The sections will be arranged thus:

Media Center - includes reviews and previews of movies, games, books,
and comics.

Clan Center - includes informal clan information such as Knight
ascensions, merit medals, new members. Each clan will have its own
section. Stories and poems go here!

Comics - will be open to any graphical content.

Personals - will be open for any personal information people wish
to give out such as travels, sports updates, or any big news.

All of this is pretty informal so it can be enjoyed as it is meant to be. There will be a first come first serve basis on what goes in and what doesn't. Each section will only have three spots. Each clan will get their own Clan Center section so each clan gets three spots. Biggest rule is you can only send in one thing for the upcoming publication. Anything goes so long as it's in good taste. If you've won a medal for a story, poem, or graphic you send in then you need to let me know. Submissions go to DVStaff@googlegroups.com or to me, either way.

The medal and publication system hasn't yet been worked out but that'll be done here in a week or so. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask :)

RevengeX

27-08-2006 10:03:32

So, the Media Center and Personals can be "out of character" meaning that it's not related to the Dark Jedi Brotherhood and Star Wars? And, if it's only "out of character", would it be allowed to do something "in character" like watching an opera on Ryloth and eventually killing the lead singer?

Telona

27-08-2006 21:41:43

Out of character was the focus but if you'd like to write an in character thing that'd be awesome.

Uzbad

31-08-2006 01:09:26

Can we ask for a hot date in the personals section?

Telona

01-09-2006 17:24:02

LOL! Isn't that for your local newspaper? Sorry Uzbad, no personals of that nature please.

Telona

03-09-2006 22:36:20

Ok medal system will work thus:

1 DSS for two submissions

That means you'll have to send something for two issues of the Arcane Scoop to get a medal. With enough submissions coming in, that might mean I'll publish the issue three or four times a year :)

RevengeX

04-09-2006 07:57:25

Ok medal system will work thus:

1 DSS for two submissions
That means you'll have to send something for two issues of the Arcane Scoop to get a medal.  With enough submissions coming in, that might mean I'll publish the issue three or four times a year  :)

So, are you only able to submit once to the Arcane Scoop?

Telona

04-09-2006 15:42:30

Yeah that's what was settled on.

Tarax Kor

05-09-2006 11:52:27

For reviews, what's the policy on spoilers? Should the reader be warned with one of them big, red WARNING: SPOILERS, or should spoilers be expected and readers not warned?

Telona

05-09-2006 17:08:28

A good question. I would say to be fair, put in the big red warning. :)

Kaine Mandaala

05-09-2006 17:32:16

Make sure you're holding their hand while their reading it too... and have the box of tissues ready. :P

And now on to my question - is there a reason this isn't being merged into the DV? Just curious.

Telona

06-09-2006 22:34:19

The DV is a newsletter based on the DB storyline and for the purpose of reflecting the DB storyline. This is just a fun thing for DB members to take part in. Got a story or poem you want others to see, this is an alternative outlet. Want to review a book or movie or game, this is also that alternative. Want to say 'Hey I graduated!" or "Here's a run down of my vacation" it's also a nice alternative. This is totally informal and asks for little more than people to be able to type.

Kaine Mandaala

06-09-2006 22:39:52

I didn't want to sound like a jerk about it ... I've been doing that a lot lately. Ok I get it - cool.

Telona

18-09-2006 21:47:47

Well since I didn't get very many things I'll try this again for January. If I don't get enough then I'll just scrap the project.