Newb Introduction Thread!

Sidarace

24-07-2009 02:31:06

The purpose of this forum thread is to have our newer members come into Ektrosis with an entrance, and a nice welcome from their fellow House-Mates, and to show the House Summit that you are active and have fully registered on the MB (If you are reading this, then you have no doubt registered completely), and hopefully get you used to utilizing one of the DB's most precious forms of communication besides IRC and Email turnaround.

So, first things first! No matter what your rank is, if you are new to Ektrosis, make a short little greeting post, introducing yourself to the best House, of the Best Clan in the Brotherhood!

Don't be shy! Post away!

I'll start it off for you guys, to give you a brief example of what your post can look like, and to let you newer members get an idea of who I am.

My name is Shaz'air "Sidarace" Rathden, and I am an Obelisk Templar (Equite1) in Taldryan, and am the Quaestor (Leader) of Ektrosis! I have been in the Brotherhood for a little under 2 years, and have been in Taldryan ever since.

I like to dabble in Graphic work via PhotoShop, I love the ACC (Antei Combat Centre), and most importantly, I love being a leader!

If you are a newb (Don't worry, that is not a bad term) feel free to post any questions you have on here as well. All are welcome!

House Ektrosis shall be an open threshold for those who pursue excellence in leadership and activity. With the banner of Taldryan before us we will prove our strength and ingenuity throughout the Brotherhood upon every platform that creates this great club, reciting our motto: Descendants of Darkness, Heirs to Hate

Aquilus

06-08-2009 00:40:21

Hi, I'm Aquilus Letum, I'm of the order of the Krath and am new to House Ektrosis. I joined the Dark Brotherhood so as I might rekindle my passion for writing and to generally have some fun and meet some interesting people. I look forward to chatting with you all and hope that I can prove myself a valuable member of Ektrosis.

~Aquilus

Sidarace

08-08-2009 01:43:59

Welcome Aquilus! I am glad to see you are picking up well, and feel free to browse the rest of the forums! Activity in as many platforms as possible is always best, and the forums is a good way to keep track of what is going on in the DB besides what is displayed in reports and such on the DB news page.

Also, congrats on your newest promotion, Acolyte!

RianAslar

20-09-2009 15:47:03

Hello,

my name is Rian Aslar. I be in the order of the sith within the house ektrosis. My current rank is Acolyte. I joined the brotherhood for training my english and i also like star wars a lot, fighting with lightsabers is pretty cool, isn't it?

In my little spare time i dance (standart and latin). Another Hobby to me is to create Lightsaberhilts for JK2 and JK3 using Milkshape3d and PaintshopPro7 (yeah not the best programs but still easy to use). :S But most of my hilts where to heavy to get handeld by the games.

Amon Leratt

21-09-2009 12:46:11

I am Amon Leratt in the Order of the Sith in the House Dinaari of Taldryan. I hold the position of Apprentice.

I am new to SWJA I got into it after playing it at a friends house. I am a musician and I enjoy death metal, thrash, black etc. and a wide variety of other genres.

Sidarace

22-09-2009 21:14:43

Welcome, both Rian and Leratt! Nice to see you both have found your way to the forums with little to-no problems! It is always nice to see you two able to express yourself at such a young stage, so good work on that.

I would just like to point out however, Leratt, that you are in House Dinaari, and this is the House Ektrosis message board. Although I am not shunning you from the forum, it would also be a good idea of you created a new topic in the Dinaari message boards introducing yourself, so members from your own house can get to know you.

Now with that, I would again like to welcome you to Taldryan, and both of your houses. I hope to see you both grow in rank and prestige, so keep working on those promotion requirements.

Tirna

26-09-2009 07:26:50

Greetings and Salutations Ektrosis!

My name is Tirna Q'jira, and I currently hold the rank of Jedi Hunter within the Order of the Krath. I've been a part of the Dark Brotherhood since before the Exodus, and after having stayed with the EHDB for some years I've come home to the true Brotherhood to employ my skills where they will be appreciated and utilized.

I enjoy writing, graphic design, web design/dev, the ACC, role-playing, and generally hanging out and having a good time. I'm a bit of a gamer as well, so I'm glad to do the odd JO or JA match against any willing challengers, assuming they are willing to wait for me to boot into Windows (and sometimes install the game).

Yes, I am a Linux user. Kubuntu 9.04, most notably, so if anyone has any questions regarding that I'd be more than happy to answer them. The Konversation IRC client is awesome.

Also, if anyone needs help with their writing I have way more editing experience than I care to think about, and I'd be glad to proofread for those that need it. Just give me 24-48 hours to do it in.

I think that about sums up all the important bits. I look forward to working with you all.

Sidarace

28-09-2009 22:44:16

Very nice to meet you, Tirna! It is wonderful to see Ektrosis growing with such versatile members as yourself!

Graphics are my <3, though work and school have kept me back these past few weeks, so I plan on jumping back into it when I get the chance (Hopefully sooner than later). Besides that, I would love to see some fiction going through the House. I also ACC a good bit, so feel free to challenge me at any point should you want a battle; and that goes the same for all of the other members.

Again, it is awesome to have you with us Tirna, and I can't wait to see how you contribute to the Clan!

sara blackbird

27-11-2009 20:59:17

Hello all, I am sara and i am very new to the brother hood.

Muz Ashen

27-11-2009 22:53:54

Welcome to the DB, Sara.

Sidarace

30-11-2009 02:58:00

Welcome indeed, Sara! I know I have already talked to you on IRC, but if you would mind posting a little bit of what you like to do and you are looking forward too in this club, that would be awesome!

This won't just help myself and the rest of the summit in finding out what our members like to do and how we can foster their needs in competitions and such, but also allows for other members with the same passions and interests can get to know each other and further expand on their talents.

So please, don't be shy - Post away!

sara blackbird

01-12-2009 13:35:20

Well i love to write stories and some role-playing. I am a Nov in the order of the sith and i will injoy being here and hanging oout with all of you.

Sidarace

02-12-2009 03:08:15

Fantastic to hear it, Sara. And come January 2nd, 2010, you will have plenty of Fiction to write. With the Right of Supremacy (A very large competition which pits the Clans of the Brotherhood against each other in fiction, gaming, graphics, trivia, and a mix of other platforms) upcoming, there will be fiction competitions left and right, so keep your eyes peeled, and don't get intimidated when writing fiction for competitions! The worst that can happen is that you don't place 1st, 2nd or 3rd, but even a fiction submission counts in these Vendetta's.

Aquilus

03-12-2009 17:36:10

Welcome to the DB and to Ektrosis, Sara! ^^

sara blackbird

06-12-2009 01:14:54

Arkin Netall

07-12-2009 00:14:55

Hi Sara, welcome the clan and the house!