The Phoenix Rises Again....

Quintan Tylax

07-01-2009 02:45:30

Uncle Sam wants you!

or the Star Wars equivalant.

I was just given a whole Battle Team and I'm eager to use it...but first it needs some members. Consider this the recruitment post.

To be in the Phoenix Phyle used to mean something. Some of our most active and talented members were once apart of Phoenix and they made it shine. This is the opprotunity I present before each and every one of you, wether you are an old timer that loves to write or game still, or a journeyman looking to make his place in the world.

I won't lie to you...I'm pushing for activity here. I want this Phyle to set the standard...and once other members meet that standard, I want this Phyle to raise the bar. I know, large ambitions. But doable. Ask our esteemed Summit...I'm a go getter...I'm active...I looove to do stuff in the DB...trust me, I will have stuff for all our members to do.

If your interested respond here and do as Vodo said, Email the House Summit and CC me.

Ok, now that my pitch is done with I want to write a small something for members to see and a taste of what they will be apart of. Phoenix is steeped in tradition and mysticism from back in its Krath days. I wish to bring that back:

Deep within the earth, where one could feel the living breath of the planet Ektrosis, Quintain walked down a rough chiseled hallway. The very feel of the stiffling air was charged with ancient residue as the images of past members and Tetrarchs of the Phoenix Phyle bore witness to his lone procession.

Finally, the hallway opened up before the Jedi Hunter. His dark purple robes were a thick tomb causing every inch of his flesh to be bathed in the purity of his sweat. The chanber before him was a maelstrom of fire. From floor to ceiling the flames licked the black sooted walls, the heat almost unbearable. In the center of the circular chamber stood one lone pedestal, on a velvet cushion laid the legendary Phoenix Amulet, its powers and knowledge beyond Quintan's imagination.

Much to his anger though, he was not there to claim it. The words of his Quaestor haunted him...."So you wish to return to this House and lay claim to the phyle you once belonged too. You are now a stranger to us. If you wish it...you must do as all before you have done...you must seek out the Chamber of the Rising Phoenix. You must bath in fire and earn your mark."

Those words echoed in Quintan's head as he stood just outside the chamber looking in. The way looked clear but he could sense the dark side of the Force oozing from the room as he only felt a few times before. Growling to himself, he boldly stepped forward.

The flames of the chamber started to move horizontally around the room. Determined to not show any fear, Quintan continued slowly but steadily towards the pedastal. With each step the fire moved faster....the heat becoming more intense. Finally he stood before the pedastal, his robes cast aside before he sweat out every last drop of moisture he had in his body. The fire was now a vortex of fire, its flames threatening to lick his flesh on all sides. It was just him and the medallion.

The medallion now glowed red, but without hesitation he took it in his hand, the emblem of the Phoenix glaring at him in defiance. The pain was beyond imagining, he could feel his flesh curdle in his palm but even this did not deter him as he let loose a primal scream and slammed the medallion over his heart, the phoenix searing itself into his flesh.

Then it was done with. The flames were gone, his hand was fine. The medallion, somehow, lay upon the pedastal. But over his heart, he will forever bear the mark of the phoenix charred within his chest."

Hope ya'll enjoy that :).

Lokasena

07-01-2009 03:29:37

Suddenly, behind him, Quintan heard soft laughter. He quickly turned around, only to stare into the one of the coldest pair of eyes he had ever seen.
“So you think you’re ready to lead this unit?” said the man.
“Tetrarch Corvinus… I… I didn’t…” Tylax seemed extremely unnerved.

Lokasena held up his hand. “Don’t call me that. Those days are over. But for you, they’re just beginning.” Sena slowly began to circle the Hunter. “I regret that I pass the responsibility of this Phyle to you, now that it is quiet empty. I made efforts to rebuild it, but I was…” The Knight paused for a moment and took a deep breath “interrupted.” He said finally.

Quintan was uncertain what he should say. “Don’t worry, I will make my own efforts to rebuild the Phyle. It will be better than ever!”
Within a fraction of a second, the Knight stood before him and looked deep in his eyes. “Will it?” he hissed. “We shall see…” Corvinus turned his back on Tylax. “I have not come to discourage you, Tylax. I am here to offer you my assistance. Whether you accept it, is completely up to you. I care for this Battle Team, more than you can possibly know. In the past, I have trusted my life to those under my command. They, in return, put their lives in my hands. Are you ready to bear this great honour? Or do you see it as a burden?”

“No…” Tylax said with new found confidence. “I recognise the honour that has been bestowed upon me. I will do as the Summit commands.”

“Just remember, Hunter. The Position of Battle Team Leader is not made for heroes. Are you willing to die, friendless, alone, deserted by everyone? For that is what may be required of you, in the storm that is to come.”

“I am ready!” Quintan Tylax replied with a steady voice. “I won’t fail!”

Lokasena turned to look at the Hunter one last time. He wrapped himself in his cloak and put his hood up. “I fear the Lady!” cried Sena. “The Goddess of Heaven, winter and hunting who hath made the sea and the dry land!” Quintan shuffled uneasy on his feet. “What is it that you fear, Tetrarch?” The title was said with such profundity, that it almost seemed as if a weight was put on Tylax’s shoulders. Before the Hunter could respond, the Knight had left.

Quintan Tylax

07-01-2009 06:06:49

That was a small short story not a run on. Please don't RP my character.

But :) I appreciate the offer of help :) I just would never be that timid or fearful even to a superior lol.

Lokasena

07-01-2009 13:46:43

too bad you don't understand what I tried to say...

anyway, good luck.

Sidarace

07-01-2009 14:00:18

Great fiction Quintan, loved it. True Phoenix in the making.

<3 teh fiction

Quintan Tylax

07-01-2009 21:19:06

I understand what you were trying to say dude, I just personaly don't like when people RP me unless it is dictated within that medium.

As I said in my response, I appreciate the offer and warning (I am sorry that you were Tet during a bad time for battleteams.) In fact, I accept if you wish to be Phoenix once again. I know your an active member and you clearly love to write and have an imagination.