Gjw 9!

Sidarace

30-12-2008 13:27:54

So, to start this off, I'm going to talk about what I am most looking forward too in the upcoming GJW, which also just so happens to be my first GJW.

Personally, I am psyched about the ACC part of the GJW. Though I don't like writing fiction, I love the ACC. So far with the OP:R ACC matches that we had going, I don't think we will have a problem with that aspect.

Since I am newer the whole 'Art of the Vendetta', would any of the older members care to share with what Tal's biggest trial has been for us to tackle in the past GJW? Was it Fiction, was it Battle Plans?

Also, what are you looking forward to most in the GJW?

<3

Lokasena

31-12-2008 04:25:00

Fiction, ACC and RO’s have never been weak points for us. I do think we could use a boost concerning BP’s.

I personally am looking forward to the RO… I just love writing them and when I read all those different posts of all our members, it just really shows how we are all part of a much larger whole.

*blinks away some tears of pride*

Sidarace

31-12-2008 12:58:58

Yeah, I think we have the ACC, Fiction and RO's done, along with our kick butt Battle Plans pretty much down pat, thanks to Shad's OP:R, we all have had a chance to de-rust a bit. As for Gaming, I think we have that covered as well, as far as EaW, JA and JO go.

Maybe one of the oldies can answer this for me, but is there any other platforms that are used in the GJW besides the average competition platforms I just mentioned above?

Gah, I am so psyched for the GJW, you have no Idea! Anyone else share my feelings? Then post it baby!

Halcyon

01-01-2009 22:52:06

The last time there was a "Battleplan" event, we won that hands-down. I think we're good in that area.

I can see us struggling in some areas...especially the more miscellaneous areas like graphics and such. In general Taldryan is very strong in all areas, but it really depends on the other Clans and what they can do. Tal has always given 110% in these competitions, which is what allows us to continually dominate.

In terms of platforms outside of the usual, not really. If it's not an "official" platform it won't be used in the GJW. You'll see different platforms used outside of a competition like that first, to make sure it's suitable for the DB in general.

Personally this will be the first GJW where I will be completely focused on Taldryan. Previously I was in Arcona and the last GJW I was running the ACC event, so even though I participated in a lot of events I wasn't able to really pour a ton of effort into my submissions. I also wasn't able to compete in the ACC, which is probably my best event. This time around there will be none of that, so I look forward to going all out.

Vardar

06-01-2009 18:27:30

As far as battle plans go.. it's not like the competition was too hard.. *cough* bucky balls *cough* :P
Though I wouldn't know much about that.

I look forward to the gaming.

The gaming.. it's always so brutal. People start off all psyched but then they die out for some reason.. they fall behind until it's too late for them to climb back up the ladder.. and I'm in there everyday playing the same 3 people over and over again to get some decent points..
But as we've seen in the past.. great points can be achieved just by losing :P (Dismal :P)

I look forward to kicking some ass! In all events, since I'm trying to qualify for the ACC. I'm going to be a point-dispenser. :P

Aidan Kincaid

06-01-2009 19:57:10

Most of the gaming events will be a lot more entertaining in this Great Jedi War. I won't say anymore, but you can actually look forward to gaming in this vendetta. :P

Kraval Taldrya

06-01-2009 22:33:56

KTS for the win!

Quintan Tylax

07-01-2009 02:12:17

I always like writing and poetry, so i guess the fictions, ROs and ACC will be what I'm looking for. Also want to test my photoshop skills this go round.

Sidarace

07-01-2009 03:48:43

Ahh, a Photoshop man, hm? Vodo is pretty ill' at PS, and I have learned a few tricks myself. This is going to be such an unfair war for the other Clans, it's not even right. =P

Got any demonstrations of your work, Quin?

Here is a little thing I created a while back, was saving it for if a spot on the HRLD's staff opened up, but I think I am ready to share it: http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll230/S...eLightsaber.jpg

All from scratch, and as you can see, it was a work in progress.

Also, here is something I made for Quejo when he randomly PMed me on IRC and asked for some graphics for a report of his: http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll230/S...ollmasterNo.png

And then, the notorious 1st place entry in Muz's Lego Competition:
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll230/S...lLEGOized-1.jpg

So, if worst comes to worst, my graphics will at least count for something in the GJW. Heck, I am hoping Ben will put in an MS Paint entry and win something for it =]

Quintan Tylax

07-01-2009 21:24:11

i showed you the phoenix...a rough beginning about to make some titles for my report so they look perty...I'll pop up some....I'l up load some other images I've done on photo bucket

Quintan Tylax

07-01-2009 21:50:26

Well here are some samples of things I made....some examples of vector graphics, fonts, texturing, and using filters :). None of it SW related...but I'm already starting to play with a few ideas ;)

A sign I made for Second Life
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/d...igncopycopy.jpg

A HUD design I made
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/d...idoHUD2copy.jpg

A superman HUD design I made
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/d...HUDcopycopy.jpg

Lokasena

08-01-2009 02:53:13

double post >:)

Sidarace

09-01-2009 02:21:32

Double post? =P

And, those are pretty cool Quintan, keep it up.

So, Halc, will you be able to participate in the ACC part of GJW9? I know that is what I am going to be doing the most. <3 teh ACC

Also, is there generally a ladder for the ACC? And, is the ACC popular compared to the other platforms in a GJW?

Halcyon

09-01-2009 08:25:12

I will be participating in the ACC this time around. I didn't the last time as I was basically "running" the event, but this time it will only be non-Clanned people who will be doing the judging for it.

Generally speaking ACC events are similar to gaming ones where you basically challenge anyone you want for the duration of the competition. The last GJW had 442 battles and the RoS before it had 300 battles, so it is pretty popular :P