Ektrosis Run On -- The First To Strike

Hel-Pa Sklib

18-01-2008 08:56:55

“You've heard of the recent death of Count Armano, right?” Vardar inquired to the other Battleteam Leader, Lokasena.

“I have not heard much, no. I am curious though, and wish to see what the Quaestor thinks about all of this. I will do my best to please him,” he politely replied.

Amiz overheard the conversation, his eager nature wanting to be a part of it, “I heard that one of the Zenni's over in Pohme was found lying in a gutter somewhere.”

“I think I heard something similar, let's go find Sklib and...” Lokasena began until the trio turned around to see the Quaestor in front of them, his arms crossed and brow furrowed.

“Is there sssomething I should know?” he hissed calmly.

“We were just... wondering,” Amiz nervously began, “about all of the deaths recently. There's no way it is a coincidence.”

“I believe you are right, Amiz. There surely is more to this than my judgment can see.”

“Uh huh,” Vardar grunted.

Sklib glanced over at the rookie Battleteam Leader, then continued, “The governors of the major cities on Taruma have inquired about an investigation into these matters. As the Planetary Viceroy, it is my responsibility to respect their wishes, and I do believe this is necessary. Each Battleteam will independently search for the mystery behind these... situations. Amiz will come with Vodo and myself, and Alanna is to as she wishes. I respect her wisdom and give her autonomy in this situation.”

Lokasena interrupted the Tarasin briefly, “So it's a wild bantha chase?”

“Not quite. For all we know, it may well be a coincidence. The fact of the matter is, I want your minds to be exercised. You will leave your lightsabers and weapons at the Library of Lears, and will be prohibited from using the Force to exploit individuals during your investigations. You may defend yourself when necessary, but remember this is a task I want you to complete without the aid of the Force. We cannot become dependent on it as our sole source of power, and must rely on our more... primitive skills. Now, gather your teams and get to it, gents.”

“My master,” they echoed as the Templar left the room.

“Well this should be fun...” Vardar mumbled.

Lokasena

18-01-2008 09:05:09

Lokasena did not like this idea of leaving Mormegill in the Library. He looked at the weapon as it lay on a table. Making subtle hand gestures, Sena said in a raspy voice, “I coulda been somebody, I coulda been a contender.” Amiz and Vardar both smiled as they too lay down their arms. “Relax Sena.” Amiz said. “You’ll see your precious sword again.”
“I don’t know, Amiz. I got a bad feeling about this op.” Sena actually looked worried while Vardar chuckled. “You always say that, Sena!” “Fine!” Corvinus said in fake anger. “But if you don’t come back from this, I’m calling your folks.”
With a heavy sigh the three men each went to collect their Teams. In some way, Lokasena longed for the Hunt!

Looking over the faces of his Team mates, Lokasena allowed himself a quick sensation of pride. Phoenix members old and new alike, were standing in front of him.
“All right people, I want this to go smooth and by the numbers. We don’t need any mistakes on this one.”
The Tetrarch came to a halt in front and centre. “Bubbs, pare up with Kaijima. Sabre with Fet and Mal with Tirano. I will take Narad and Kesen. We will split up and investigate as separate units. I will inform you of a rendezvous point when we get to Fohnor.”
“Fohnor?” Tirano shot. “What are we supposed to do in that farmer hole?”
“These people may claim to want a simpler life,” Sena replied. “But I think that small towns hide big secrets.”
“What makes you think that?” Dark Sabre mumbled. Lokasena looked at the Pontifex. “My gut!”

DarkAmiz

18-01-2008 10:24:29

Amiz was screaming inside in anticipation of the adventure, a feeling he always gets when starting something new. He looked behind towards the two figures moving away from the room, and he sensed eagerness in his two friends. He made a move as if to exit like the two others, but took a chair and sat down at the last moment.

As soon as the two Battle team leaders were gone, most probably going to their tyros to convey orders from the Quaestor, Amiz gazed towards the three weapons left on top of the large table. He saw his own light saber, tuned to be yellow, lying patiently waiting for its master. He raised his right arm as if trying to use the force to re-attain the light saber, and his arms lingered there in the position for a few more moments, his mind resisting the urge to slip the instrument of pain using the force into the traveling cloak he is already wearing. Finally he lowered his arm and gave in, knowing full well there was no way he could hide it from the Quaestor.

While further pondering the mysterious deaths, he waited impatiently for his house summit, eager to begin probing the minds of mere non force users. Then he remembered the Tarasin Quaestor’s words, “…without the aid of the force…”.

A word slipped through his unmoving lips,

“…damn…”

Lokasena

18-01-2008 11:10:36

The journey to Fohnor wasn’t very long. Corvinus ordered the pilot to set down in a small clearing in the forest surrounding the small agricultural town.
“We’ll enter the town on foot. It will seem less threatening to potential suspects. Remember we are not here to intimidate but to get answers. Most of these people are not the enemy. They may know something, they may not. The fact that we don’t have any weapons will at least prevent some of us to go around killing people and asking questions later.” “And why are you looking at me?” Asked Bubbs with an innocent tone in her voice.

“We will rendezvous in the local bar in six hours. Even investigators need to eat.” The Tetrarch winked to his Team mates and at that, Phoenix split up in to three pair and a group of three.
Entering Fohnor from the south, Lokasena, Narad and Kesen first came passed several farm houses. Mjööllnir farms were easily recognised by the massive creatures that stood grazing in the fields. A two young Mjööllnir stood near the fence. Kesen walked over and put out his hand with the intension to pet one of them.
“I wouldn’t do that if I were you!” Sena warned the young Sith. Kesen retracted his hand carefully. “You think those horns are just for show?” Corvinus said while pointing toward on of the mature creatures. “I guess not.” Kesen replied softly.

The first person they saw appeared to be a simple farmer repairing a broken fence. Lokasena found it wise to make a polite introduction. “Greetings old woman.”
The figure turned around. “Man!” it said with a rather deep voice. Sena grimaced. “I’m sorry, man.”
“I’m thirty-eight, I’m not old!” “Right… I am Lokasena Corvinus and these are my assistants.” Sena said while waving toward the two young men. “Tell me, do you live here alone?” “Yes, I do.” the not so old man replied while keeping his eyes on the fence he was mending. “I see. Do you think it safe, with all the crime going around?”
This time the man turned and looked Sena straight in his eyes. “What crime? There is no crime in these parts.” “What about the recent murders in Pohme?” Sena inquired.
“I know nothing about that. You want to ask the mayor. He keeps track of all the out of town business.”
Sena turned to Kesen and Narad. “Looks like we need to see the mayor.”
They took their leave of the farmer and made their way deeper in to town.

Hel-Pa Sklib

18-01-2008 15:42:26

Sklib could feel the tension rise in Amiz, the Tarasin smirking as he awaited to see the newly promoted Knight at the height of his potential. “Settle down, Amiz,” he commanded, “Patience is a virtue. Use it.”

“'sir,” the Sith replied obediently.

“Quaestor Hel-Pa,” Vodo began, chuckling at the sight of Hel-Pa rolling his eyes gratuitously, “Do we really expect the Battleteams to turn anything up?”

“I don't expect much, but it doesn't hurt to try. Plus, I need to keep their minds occupied with something.”

“Why's that?” the Twi'lek inquired.

“Amiz, you can go to the hangar and prepare the shuttle,” Hel-Pa nodded in the Knight's direction.

“As you wish, Quaestor,” he bowed and then left the room.

“What's going on here?” the Aedile asked suspiciously.

Hel-Pa grinned, “Remember back to your early teachings in the Shadow Academy. The Dark Side is a path filled with treachery and deceit. I, my friend, am responsible for the coincidences of late. The elite on Taruma grow tired of Ektrosian rule, and rumors of planetary autonomy have become commonplace for those unskilled with the Force. Already, I have ordered the assassinations of some of the more influential leaders and... what's that?”

“I feel it too!” Vodo exclaimed as he drew his saber from his belt, igniting the blade.

“How did they get in the Library?” the Tarasin grumbled to himself. A door hissed open behind him, and he turned to face the door while reaching for his yellow-bladed saber.

“We've got company.”

“Thank you, Captain Obvious! See if you can reach Amiz on the comm.”

“We're jammed. He's on his own!”

Vardar

18-01-2008 16:36:28

Outside the library, Vardar approached his new Battle Team. They were surprised to see him walking out without his lightsabre.

"Sir? Where is your-", Tiberius started only to silence himself as Vardar raised his right hand.

"Ok, this is very simple. There are murderers on the loose somewhere in Taruma. It is our job to find them. Now, I have confidence in all of you. I believe you are capable to handle any task that befalls you. This time, however, you will not, and I repeat, will not have the use of the Force or your weapons. Our quaestor has requested that we exercise our other skills." he said whilst thinking 'I am not sure whether this rule was solely for me and the other two leaders, but it seems to be a good exercise. And it'll let me make a fair assessment of their basic skills..', "Now, well aware that without the Force and weapons you are significantly hindered, I will break you all up. That's right, while Phoenix might want to rely on numbers to compensate for their lack of ability, I want you all to succeed without the Force and your weapons but under the conditions as they would be if you did have them. Because if you do find the murderer and fail.. well.. we'll have a few more deaths to investigate. I stay my ground that Hex shall not falter. Two groups will suffice. I believe I shall pair Tiberius and Devirus with Nexus and Betja. I think it will be a good and balanced team. Also, Betja and Nexus, should you happen to return 'rookie-less', I will hold you both personally responsible and have the summits prosecute you. I will take with me Raistline and leave a message for Amiz to come and meet us if he is relieved of his current duties by our Quaestor and Envoy."

He paused for a moment to think and continued "You four-" he said pointing at the larger group "- you will go to Pohme." Betja and Nexus looked fairly annoyed.
"I can't believe you're sending us to Taruma's dunghole!" said Betja.
"My friend, remember, there are many people working to make it less dunggy.. Raistline, get behind me.. OK, are there any questions?"
"Sir, no sir!" the four said in unison.
"ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS???"
"SIR, NO SIR!"
"MOVE OUT!" Vardar watched them leave and hop aboard a ship heading towards Pohme. As he picked up his datapad to leave a message for Amiz, he turned slightly to Raistline. "I bet 50 credits one of them dies."
Raistline chuckled "I bet on two, sir. If I may ask, where are we going?"
"Well, we will investigate the forest of Anavarac" Vardar replied setting down his datapad.
"Anavarac? But it'll take us forever to go through that JUNGLE of a forest!" Raistline said almost despairing.
"Then you see-" he said interrupting a minute to put on his helmet "- how it is the perfect place for a hide-out."
"I guess.. is that allowed, sir?"
"What is?" he said turning to face Raistline.
"Your armour."
"Oh. It is not weaponry. It'll also keep me protected while not hindering my agility, they don't make armours like these these days, kiddo. When we have to go through the forest it'll be fun watching you having your robes get stuck in random branches." he said enjoying the moment.
"Hilarity is never a problem when you're around, sir." Raistline said sarcastically.
"I know. Well, let's move. I hope they let Amiz go, but until then I think I can safely say that the best place to be at times like these is behind a mandalorian. So watch my back." he said as they both headed for their swoop bikes.

Vodo

19-01-2008 00:07:56

Vodo's silver hilt flew to his hand, clipping itself from the pressure of the pull exerted through the force, "I feel it to".

Hel-pa's Saber, now in hand, remained unlit, like his own, and they moved in unison, as the highly skilled team they had become over the past few years. They could feel the presence of something dark, something with sinister intent, no, make that somethings, there were three. They moved swiftly, and the fact that they had infiltrated the Library, gave testament to their skill.

"Swing right", Sklib's thoughts appeared in his mind.

Vodo moved to the other side of a nearby bookcase, and peered past it through the book-filled shelf. He couldn't see anything at first, but after a moments notice, he could detect something in the shadows, moving slowly. His eyes, accustomed to low light, through his ancestors need to live underground, made his vision adapt more quickly than the Tarasin's.

"Behind the study desks, far side", he pressed the thoughts into Sklib's mind.

The Quaestor responded with a gentle nudge. Vodo took a deep breath, and practiced a mantra under his breath he had begun learning since the inauguration of the Library. He cloaked himself in the Force, and expanded the effect to cover his movement. With careful steps, he crossed a small open patch of the Library to another book shelf. The Quaestor stared at him in disbelief, and an exaggerated look of jealousy.

"You have to teach me that"
"later", Vodo reconcentrated on the thing in the shadows.

It had not detected the two Dark Jedi, hiding behind the shelves, and moved with a slow intent. Having already made it's way past the Honor Guard at the entrance, it crawled on all four legs through the library, taking great care. A long, forked tongue flicked through the air, and tasted it for any nearby prey. It's predatory mind could tell something was near, but was unable to ascertain it's location.

"BlastailBlastail?" Vodo inquired, hoping the Quaestor's better view of the creature might give him a clue.

Lokasena

19-01-2008 02:12:37

“It looks like rain.” Narad sighed. “Bite your tongue, I don’t want to get wet!” Kesen snapped.
“Relax people! I agree, a storm is coming…” Lokasena said, in such a tone that Narad and Kesen were uncertain if their Tetrarch was referring to the weather or something else entirely.
“I must say, I expected these people to be more helpful to Brotherhood members than they have proven to be.” Kesen spoke after a brief silence.

“Why would they help us?” Sena asked the young man. “What’s in it for them?” For a moment, Kesen halted and looked at Sena with disbelief. “How can you say that, sir? We are Members of the House Ektrosis. We keep these people safe and their duty is to obey us.”
Corvinus chuckled at Kesen’s seriousness. “Look around you, boy. Farmers, herders and merchants. Do you see any soldiers? These people provide us with nourishment and how do we repay them? By scaring the hell out of them with our Dark ways. I Agree, they should respect the House and the Clan but at what price?”

“At any price!” Kesen replied as if quoting from an ancient text. “Oh really?” Sena mused.
“You know what the problem is, Tak?” The young man seemed confused. “The problem,” Sena continued. “is Ektrosia Prime. When you look out side one of the tall buildings in that city, you see an investors paradise. Well, it’s easy to be a saint in paradise. But THESE people do not LIVE in paradise.” The Tetrarch’s voice became deep and thunderous. “They’re just trying to survive, as we all are. Do not think less of them, merely because they serve us.”
Lokasena pointed at a passing farmer carrying a load of cabbages. “For there, but for the grace of the Gods, go we all!”

DarkAmiz

19-01-2008 05:13:50

Amiz immediately went out of the room, his eyes looking down as he remembered his weapon on the table inside, he sighed.

“Oh well…”

He didn’t make it past the third room, before a bright flash glittered across the stone floor into a doorway in front of him. Controlling himself before his own curiosity got the better of him; he slowly sneaked towards the doorway, step by step, in a slow rhythm that did not emit any sound waves. At least none the Omwati could hear.

When he reached the doorway he peeked inside and saw an animal, its tail swishing a dangerous looking weapon, what seemed to be a poisonous tip grown into the molecules of the animal’s back end whip.

Amiz had never seen such a beast before, and he did not wish to linger around its presence, especially without the use of his handy-dandy light saber. He sneaked across the doorway, using the force (he tried to stop himself, but he couldn’t :P) to cloak him so the animal wouldn’t sense him.

As soon as he was past that location, he broke into a mad dash towards the hangar. No way was he gonna be caught struggling with a ferocious looking animal without any weapons, as he was widely unskilled in normal man to man combat.

He ran faster when he heard the roar.

Lokasena

19-01-2008 06:33:24

“No no, you don’t understand…” Narad was beginning to let his frustration show by rubbing his temples. “Not a major office, the MAYOR’s office!” he bellowed at an old lady, who continued to look puzzled. “Young man, we don’t have major offices in this town. The largest office we have belongs to the mayor.” She said innocently.
At this, Narad’s mouth fell open. “Aaarghh, bloody peasant!” He yelled as he turned and stampeded off.

Turning a corner, Narad Na Lexu bumped into Kesen Tak. “Did you find anything?” Kesen asked the Protector. “Find anything?” Lexu yelped. “These people are so thick! We’re already looking for a needle in a haystack. But these people can’t even tell me where the bleeding hay is!”

“Gentlemen, over here.” The two young men turned to see Lokasena waving at them from an ally. The crossed the street, which was little more than a dirt road.
“What have you found, sir?” they almost asked in unison. “The office lies down this ally and to the left. We can sneak in through the back.”
“Why through the back?” Asked Narad. “And who gave you this information?” added Kesen.
“You really should learn to ask people nicely.” Sena replied mockingly.
“Come on, let’s go!”

Vardar

19-01-2008 08:04:00

Dismounting from their swoop bikes, Vardar and Raistline stood for a moment on the edge of the forest of Anavarac.

"So...we're going to have to search all of this, huh?" Raistline said.
"Oh yeah. Here's what we're going to do, this vegetation will allow us vision in a radius of perhaps ten metres. So, walk five metres away from this point, as I will. When I give you the signal, we both walk into the jungle. Keep alert at all times and keep me in sight, it is important for us to know each other's location at all times while investigating the rest of what our peripheral vision can obtain." Vardar commanded.
"Gotcha, commander!" Raistline said enthusiastically.
"..I like the sound of that. Move out, soldier!" he said as they both stepped into the forest.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Betja Jun and the other three Hex members arrived at Pohme.
"Augh! What is that smell?!" Nexusmage yelled covering his nose.
"That would be what remains of the swamp, young one." replied Betja. "We'd better ask around, I see someone over there collecting earth samples.."
"Leave it to me." said Tiberius as he moved towards the man. The man was clearly intimidated by the dark jedi's clothes and appearance. "Hey! You! Do you know anything about the murders that have been happening recently?"
"Me?" the man said hesitatingly "N-no."
"You lie! Tell me what I want to know or I shall punch your face in!!" Tiberius yelled. The man, terrified, left his soil samples behind and simply ran away.
"You handled that beautifully, Tiberius. Perhaps next time we should proceed to snap necks and then ask for questions." Betja said sarcastically."
"Ok, geez, let me do it." Nexus mage said moving towards another man who had been standing a few yards away. "Excuse me sir, is there any place we can find information about the recent high-profile murders?"
"You ain't from around here, are ya, boy?" The man said looking down on Nexus.
"...I asked nicely...now the next words I hear had better be the answer to my question or I shall endeavour to make all other words to come out of your mouth muffled by your own ass for the rest of your life." Nexusmage said in a burst yet strangely calm.
"The..The Swamp Inn.." the man said clearly afraid of the dark jedi.
"Thank you." said Nexusmage heading back to the others to pass on the obtained information.

Lokasena

19-01-2008 08:41:32

Walking trough the ally, the three men reached a door. “There’s bound to be security.” Narad whispered. “I doubt there will be more than two receptionists inside.” Sena stated.
Slowly opening the wooden door, Lokasena looked inside.

There was a narrow corridor that lead to an open hall. The Hunter stepped in to the corridor, followed by Lexu and Tak. Moving quietly toward the corner of the corridor, Lokasena peeked around to see a large desk with a receptionist sitting at it, typing.
“There’s only one.” Sena whispered. “Okay, change of plan. I go in to distract her while both of you search for the mayor. When you find him, call me.”
“Yes,sir.” The young men were eager. Finally off the streets and into some action.

Corvinus adjusted his cloak and straightened his shoulders. Then, as if he had the fullest right to do so, he stepped up towards the reception desk. The woman behind the desk immediately noticed him. He cleared his throat and came to a halt in front of the desk, blocking the woman’s view of the corridor.
“I am Jedi Hunter Corvinus. I’m here to see the mayor.” "Do you have an appointment?” the woman replied in a very monotone voice. Sena leaned over and caught the woman’s gaze with his own. “Do I need one?” he asked gently. “Yes!” The woman replied cold. “You do…”

In the mean time Narad and Kesen had crept passed the corridor and into the first door they could find. “Okay, we’ll have to search the offices one by one. You think Corvinus can keep security off our backs long enough?” Kesen asked. “I’m certain of it!” replied Narad.

Vardar

20-01-2008 05:57:42

With haste, Vardar and Raistline made their way through the forest of Anavarac. Though the vegetation was light, they lost sight of each other a couple of times, but they were quick to get back in position. Vardar signaled Raistline to stop and they walked towards each other.
"Something bothering you, sir?" Raistline inquired
"Raistline, look down and tell me what you see." said Vardar.
"Dirt?" the other replied readily.
"Uh..." he said clearing his throat swiftly "My friend I do believe we're standing near some muja bushes"
"....What's that?...." Raistline said unsure of where his commander was going with this.
"Who cares, it's edible." said Vardar already half-way through one of the fruits.
"S-sir? Shouldn't we continue the search?" Raistline asked.
"Look, without the Force to partly sustain our bodies we're going to need to nourish ourselves more often. We've also been searching the forest for three hours, so eat something before you pass out." Vardar said proceeding onto another fruit.
"Yes, sir." Raistline said only at that moment realizing how hungry he actually was.
After twenty minutes of feasting upon nature's gift, they got up to continue the search.
"Ok. What we've done so far is walking into the forest. I believe we may still be a bit far from the middle, but now we're going to change our method." he said handing Raistline an intercom "We're going to go separate ways and report back to each other the moment we find something. We'll be making a kind of arrow pattern through the jungle. That is to say we shall walk away from each other for about half an hour, then will go in the direction we've been going but heading towards the middle at the same time. Got it?"
"Got it." the other said taking the intercom.
"Ok, let's move." he said already moving into the jungle.
Besides...if I do find the muderers I don't want to deprive myself of the pleasure of killing them all...well almost all at any rate, I guess we should take the leader back alive...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in Pohme, the others had reached the inn known as The Swamp.
"Oh man! I think I like the smell better outside. Let's get out of this swampy jive." said Nexusmage covering his nose with both hands.
"You callin' my place a jive?" the bartender said looking at them from the counter. "You best apologize for your lack of manners or there'll be trouble, boy."
"Do I look that young?" he said turning to Betja "Everyone around here calls me 'boy' for some reason.."
"It's a street thing" replied Betja hastily.
Nexusmage made his way to the counter with a clear expression of disgust on his face, the bartender was now spit-cleaning several glasses.
"Look, do you know anything about the murders recently?" Nexusmage said trying to conceal his utter disgust.
"Excuse me were you asking about murders?" another man said turning to look at Nexus. The bartender never said a thing.
"Well...yes." Nexus answered.
"That's what I thought you said." The man said punching Nexus, who fell to the ground.
At the sight of the first punch being thrown, nearly all tables in the bar were turned and people were fighting in all randomness.
"A brawl...haven't seen one of these in a while." said Betja with some satisfaction. "Ok team, let's get it on."
Sticking together, the Hex members took down the people in the bar one by one. Tiberius took a chair and slammed it across some civilian's teeth while Devirus threw a man over the counter towards the liquor shelves. Betja ducked under a table before pulling someone down by his legs. As Hex proceeded from one side of the pub to the other, things grew more silent. In the end, two men were fighting while Hex watched the out come.
"Enough of this." said Betja getting close to the two men and slamming their heads together "Let's ask for directions."
Betja walked over to someone who wasn't quite unconscious yet. He lifted the man's head a bit over the ground with one hand and made a polite gesture with the other.
"Excuse me, good sir. Would you be so kind as to tell me where I might find information on the whereabouts of the people behind the recent high-profile murders?"
"Oh, is fat all? Why didn't you fay fo in fhe firsth plafe? Go to the Flying Fish Alley at midnight. Fhere will be a cloaked man. He'th the one you want for informathion." the man told Betja.
"Thank you" he said getting up quickly and dropping the man's head rather abruptly.
As Betja and the others left the inn and slammed the door, a faint 'You're moft welcome.' was heard.

Lokasena

21-01-2008 02:04:33

“No sir, I can’t let you in without passage notification A-38.” “How do I get one of those?” Sena inquired to the receptionist. “Due you have the blue form?” she asked.
“What blue form?” Sena sighed. “Go to the back and fill out one of those blue forms.” The woman seemed adamant. “Listen, I really don’t have a lot of time. Isn’t there any way to bypass the red tape?” Sena asked in his slickest tone, already knowing the woman’s reaction. “Oh certainly, just go to the mayor and tell him that receptionists are no longer needed. From now on, everybody will just barge into his office when ever they want. THAT should raise efficiency.” The woman now had a high tone of sarcasm in her voice.

At that, Kesen came running through a door to the left of the desk. “Sir, we found him!”
The receptionist spun around on her chair. “Who are you? How did you get in there?”
“Ah, there’s my passage notification.” Lokasena smiled and began to walk towards Kesen.
“Sir. Excuse me, sir. You can’t just go in there!” the woman had stood up from her chair.
“Watch me.” Sena replied and winked to the receptionist.

“Where is he?” the Hunter asked as he and Kesen hurried to their way through a long corridor. “Left here and then the second door on the left again.” Tak replied while trying to catch his breath. The excitement of breaking into a government building had been a bit much for him. Considering the situation, Sena thought his men handled themselves well.

As they entered the office, Narad was leaning against a bookcase. A small man with a huge waistline was sitting behind a desk very similar to the one in the main hall.
“Ah mr. Mayor, a pleasure to meet you!” Sena exclaimed as he sat down in the chair opposite the desk.
“Who are you?” the man asked in a voice that feigned authority. “I am Tetrarch Corvinus of the Phoenix Battle Team of Ektrosis.” “Why did you burst in here like this? I would have welcomed you, if you had made an appointment!” The man seemed very nervous.
“True…” Sena mused. “But I thought it best to avoid a big scene. And I did not wish for you to clear up any incriminating evidence before our arrival.” Now the mayor’s face turned a deep crimson. “Incriminating? What are you talking about! I have nothing to hide.” He croaked.
“It has been my observation,” Lokasena said seriously as he leaned forward over the desk. “That only the guilty make that statement.” “Guilty? Guilty of what?”
“People who have the power to stop a terrible event have a responsibility. If those people choose to sit back and do nothing, they are just as accountable as the people who committed this terrible event.” Lokasena was clearly loosing his patience. “I know nothing. What lead you to that conclusion? Your Dark Jedi powers?” the mayor shrugged.
Corvinus slammed his fist on the desk. “I don’t need powers. I can SMELL you FEAR a mile away!!!” he thundered.

“All right… I’ll put you in touch with a man who will give you further information. I only know half the story myself.” The man behind the desk cowered behind his desk while holding his hands over his head.
“So you do know what we speak of. Good…!” Lokasena allowed himself a smile.

Tirano

23-01-2008 18:56:47

Tirano and Mal walked away towards the center of the town, they found a small bar in the area and the decided to enter. After all one of the best places to find information is a cantina, no matter the planet. Mal got a couple of seats and both of them got drink.
“Master what should we do now?” asked Tirano. “Yes, patience is the key, sooner or later the information will get to us, we just need to wait and enjoy for a couple of minutes.” Said Mal, with a smile in his face.
Both of them enjoyed the time for a little while until two farmers entered the cantina in a pretty bad mood. One of them looked pretty pissed, both of them sat in a table near their table. One of the farmers started talking about some problems he had, but nothing of that interest the Jedi. After a couple of drinks the farmers started to get happier and soon one of them started talking. “Have you heard? A couple of opposition leaders have been killed.” The other farmer seemed to know and so he answered. “Those dark bastards make as work as slaves and we receive nothing in return! And now our leaders are killed, we have no hope!” Tirano was going to move against one of the farmers, but Mal stopped the impulsive Jedi Hunter. They continued to listen. “Those bastards, they say they give us protection but we see nothing! We have to deal with our own problems! We should go to talk with the council, they have a meeting tonight.” This was all the ektrosian’s needed to hear, they stayed in place until the farmers left the cantina.

Vardar

24-01-2008 06:33:46

"Come in, Raistline. Over."
"Yes, sir? Over."
"I've found them. Over."
"Over where?"
"Over where what?"
"You said you found them 'over..'. Over."
"I meant over as in 'finished the sentence' over. Over."
"Oh.."
"This search is over, just come over here. Over."
"Yes, Over. I mean... Sir."

Raistline walked over towards Vardar.
"Get down." Vardar said hastily in a whispered voice "Look over there."
"Where?"
"There!" he said pointing.
"Oh I see, that huge spider?"
"No, you idiot, the guy camouflaged there."
"Oh I see him. So what do we do, sir?"
"Right now...I'm going to climb these trees and you're going to watch him for me."

As Vardar started his ascent into the tree tops, he started seeing the unknown man more clearly since he was now being contrasted with the forest floor and not the plant life. As he was over the man, he jumped down.
"DEATH FROM ABOVE!... OR UNCONSCIOUSNESS, ANYWAY!"
The man looked up, startled, but before he could fire his gun, he was taken down by Vardar. Raistline came running.
"Sir, are you hurt?" Raistline said catching his breath.
"No, I landed on something soft.." Vardar told him getting up.
"Yeah..it was me.." the man said becoming unconscious.

Lokasena

24-01-2008 08:18:12

Corvinus, Tak and Lexu roamed the streets.
“Now that we have the information, we can handle on it. We should go and find this man as fast as we can!” Narad said enthusiastically.

“Is that a direct order, sir?” Lokasena said mockingly. Narad’s face turned red. “I’m sorry, sir. I…” “Don’t worry about it. You want some thing to do? Good… Take Kesen and pick this guy up. Bring him to that small barn over there. It looks deserted enough.”
“For what purpose? If you don’t mind my asking.” Kesen inquired.
“If he chooses to cooperate, that will be fine. If not, I’ll need some privacy for my interrogation.” Corvinus’ expression had become quite grim.

As former Cleric and Inquisitor of the Lazarus Concordance, he knew how to loosen a man’s tongue. He had become increasingly efficient at it. Though he viewed the practice as quite barbaric.
“Go now, and bring me the informant!”
At that, the two young men hurried to find their target. In the mean time, Sena walked over to the barn. He flicked on the one light that was present and looked around.
"Yes, this will do nicely."

Vardar

24-01-2008 14:31:32

Raistline watched as Vardar carefully tied the man to a nearby tree. Being impressed was something that was not done often to Raistline, but watching as how his leader was still as agile and limber without the Force as ever, he couldn't help it.
"How did you learn to bind someone like that without using the Force?"
"Well...before he died my father trained me as a mandalorian warrior.. we're trained in all aspects of combat. This one I find particularly amusing." Vardar said with a faint smile that indicated he did not like his own words. "Time to wake up our friend, I believe."
"I'll get some water." Raistline said.
"Leave our provisions alone." Vardar said as he moved closer to the man and started slapping him. "Wake up."
The man regained consciousness, his face was immediately filled with fear as he gazed at the two dark figures in front of him.
"What are you doing out here?" Vardar asked.
The man, of Twi'lek species, merely folded his lekku behind his head. His eyes widened when a fist came flying right to his jaw.
"I'll ask again, perhaps I was not polite enough. What are you doing out here?" he asked quite calmly.
"I'll tell you nothing." the man said spitting blood onto the floor. Again, he was hit, his eye had become of a browner tone.
"Would you please tell me what you are doing out here camouflaged with all these guns? Or would you rather I punch you harder?" Vardar continued.
"Each of us will do as he must." the man said, his voice wavering.
Vardar closed his hand and repeatedly punched the man, his face was being destroyed against the durasteel on the dark jedi's armour.
"How about now?" the man remained silent for the few seconds in which Vardar paused.
"Ok.." he said walking away "Perhaps we should proceed to turn out attention to your fine lekku. Raistline, get me the knives in my backpack."
"Yes sir." said Raistline with a disturbingly dark note of excitement in his voice.

Lokasena

25-01-2008 01:40:02

When Kesen and Narad returned, Lokasena was very pleased to see that they had brought the man in question with them unharmed. He looked middle aged, clean and proper wearing a uniform of some kind.
“Greetings!” Sena said with slight euphemism. “I trust my men treated you well…”
“They abducted me from my home!” the man seemed furious. Lokasena did not care.
“You probably think you don’t need to answer any of my questions. But I see no reason why I should not get to know you a little better.” Corvinus moved on the man while Narad and Kesen both moved to separate corners of the barn.

“Who are you?” the Hunter asked. “I am Sylas Vagio.”
“Unacceptable answer, I didn’t ask for your name. Who ARE you?”
“Uhm… Sylas -” Lokasena slammed the palm of his hand against Vagio’s left cheek.
“If you repeat an unacceptable answer, the penalty will be increased… Who are you?”
Vagio hesitated for a moment “I… I am Head of the Criminal Activities Department..”
Corvinus sighed. “Unacceptable, that is only your title. What other people call you when you choose to hide behind formalities. WHO ARE YOU?” he bellowed.
The man was now utterly confused. “I… I’m the son of-” Sena jabbed his right palm on to Vagio’s left ear. The man yelped in pain. “Unacceptable! What a sad thing you are. Unable to answer such a simple question without falling back on references and genialities and what other people call you.”

“Have you nothing of your own?” Lokasena continued. “ Nothing to stand on that is not provided, defined, delineated, stamped, sanctioned, numbered and approved by others?” Lokasena circled his target.
“How can you be expected to fight for someone else, if you haven’t the fairest idea who you are?

“How do we know who is right to be a soldier of justice? No greater love hath a man, than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for wealth, not for glory, nor for fame… For one person. Alone, in the Dark, where no one will ever know or see...”
Narad normally would have recognised this as one of his Tetrarch’s long winded speeches. But there was something different about it, this time. There was a darkness in Corvinus’ eyes that he had never seen before.

“But you’re not just a dreamer, you’re a soldier! How far are you prepared to go? How much are you prepared to risk? How many lives are you prepared to sacrifice for victory? Are you willing to die friendless, alone, deserted by everyone? Because that is what maybe required of you, in the storm that is to come.” Lokasena’s gaze was starting to pierce Vagio’s hard exterior. “Go to hell!!!” he replied as a weak defence.
The Jedi Hunter merely smiled. “This is hell, Sylas. And you are its chief damned soul. What about your Team mates? The people you call friends? Are you willing to sacrifice them?”

Corvinus started hitting the man across the jaw, from left to right.
“What about family?” slap! “What about your God?” slap! “What about truth?” slap! “What about blood?” slap! “What about right?” slap! “What about wrong?” slap! “What about your future? slap! “What about your fate?” slap! “What about sin?” slap! “What about hell?” slap! “What about death?” slap! “What about eternity -”
Then Kesen, whom had been wincing at this gruesome scene for some time, cried out; “Enough…!”

Lokasena shot a look at the young man who returned his gaze. Sena saw that Tak judged him to be insane. Little did he know that Lokasena was also using this interrogation as a teaching tool for his Team mates.
“You don’t like it here, do you?” Sena asked Vagio, who was bleeding heavily from his face now. “You would rather be somewhere else, asleep, dreaming dreams of glory.”
Vagio grunted. “I go where I must.” “And why not? You are Sylas Vagio, the chosen. You tolerate all this only by your whim. At a word from you, all the host of heaven would descend and carry you up, away from harm, away from this place… Because you have a destiny…” For that last question, Sena did not conceal his mocking tone.
“We all have a destiny!” Vagio replied.
“Do we? How magnanimous of you.” Again, the Hunter circled the Head of the C.A.D.

“Some times we do not see it. Because we have been taught to believe that we are not important.” Sylas Vagio was beginning to lisp as the swelling in his mouth increased.
“Taught? By people like me?” Corvinus asked rhetorically. “Perhaps. But are we destroyers of dreams, or protectors of the common good?” He kept on circling his target.
“Call out, Sylas! Call out to the universe. If it hears you, surely it will respond.”
With pin point precision, Sena struck a nerve point in Vagio’s neck. Kesen turned his head away.
“Call out!” He bellowed while Vagio screamed in agony. “Ah, yes… Now, there we are. Let us see if the universe responds?” Lokasena whispered closely as he released the man’s neck.
He walked around, closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
“Silence… A Silence as profound as when the whale swallowed Jonah.”

With a new found vigour, Sena strode to within a centimetre of Vagio’s face.
“Do you know why you’re here?” He asked seriously.
“Here?” Vagio wanted to make sure, lest he gave the wrong answer again.
“Here, now. Yes.”
“I was sent for.”
“Here?”
“Yes, by you.”
Sena frowned and clenched his jaw. “No, you have answered the wrong question. Why are you here, now, in this place, in this life?”
“I was meant to be here.” Vagio replied/
“Meant?”
“Yes.”
“By whom?”
“I don’t know…”
“Than how can you be sure?”
“I don’t know!”
“NO, you don’t!” The Hunter yelled.
“Does it matter?” yelled back.
Sena’s eyes changed at this question. As if he had finally found something of interest.
“What do you mean?” he asked in return.
“If I believe I am here, now, for a reason…” Vagio began but Sena interrupted. “And if the world says otherwise?” “Then the world is wrong!!!” Vagio exclaimed.
“And you are right? Or perhaps the world is right and YOU are wrong… Have you ever considered that? HAVE YOU?”

Then something unexpected happened. Sylas Vagio, Head of the Criminal Activity Department began to weep “Yes, sometimes…” he replied in between sobs.
Corvinus smiled. He had broken the man. “Then you make the sacrifice willingly?”
“Yes…”
“No Fame? No armies or banners or cities to celebrate your name? You would die alone and unremarked and forgotten!”
“This body is only a shell. You can not touch me. You cannot harm me. I’m not afraid.”
“Then, there may yet be hope for you.” Sena said as he stepped back slightely and walked over to Narad and Kesen, both their faces had turned quite pale.

“What did that achieve?” Kesen snapped with a touch of anger. “We still don’t know anything about the killings!”
“Perhaps not, but he does.” Sena pointed to the broken man in the centre of the barn.
“We will take him back to headquarters and he will tell us all he knows.” Tak and Lexu looked at each other and finally at Lokasena.
“I’m so glad you both approve…” Sena said with a hint of sarcasm.
“Now, bring Vagio! We have a rendezvous to attend.”

*inspired by “Come the Inquisitor.”

Norad Na Lexu

27-01-2008 14:51:36

Lexu and Tak was walking behind the broken man. Sena walking in front. Sena was leading them to the headquarters.

"Hey Tak" Narad said in a low voice to Kesen. "What?" He answered. "What's with Sena? He seems to have lost his mind as he was question Viago." Narad was confused at his Leader. He had never seen Lokasena in action before but he was confused about the way he questioned. "Don't worry about him Lexu, he gets this way when he starts to interrogate others" Kesen answered the young Protector.

"What you men talking about back there??" Sena yelled backwards as he continued to walk.

''N-nothing sir." Replied Narad, he didn't think that Sena heard him.
''Come up here'' ''Yes Sir''

Running past the broken man Narad caught a glimpse of his face. His face was pale, lifeless and sadly broken. The sight of it was became burned into Narad's mind.

Reaching the Tetrach ''Yes sir, you called?" "What I did earlier was necessary for the major mission. You seen his face didn't you?" "I did, it was so blank. So lifeless." "Thats because he is thinking of what he has done, knowing that he knows what is going on,'' ''With what?" Narad interrupted. "What do you think?" ''Sorry dumb question''.

"Go back to Kesen, we are almost to Headquarters"

Narad half bowed and walked back to Kesen.

"Hey Kesen where almost to Headquarters. Lokase-" "Good...say no more."

Lokasena

30-01-2008 09:12:56

Lokasena turned around to face the two young men who were carrying Vagio.
“Gentlemen, I do believe you are forgetting our rendezvous in the local bar!”
Narad looked surprised.
“Or were you planning on leaving our other team mates here?” Sena asked them. They both turned red.
“Besides, I could use a drink and we might get some other information.”

As they came neared the “Cat named Joe” café, Sena instructed Kesen and Narad to sit at the table closest to the entrance. “Order three drinks. One for our friend here.”
The men did as they were instructed.

The “Cat named Joe” had a lot of character. Al the tough farm hands, muscle workers and freight lifters were there. Other Phoenix members were yet to show up.
You could cut the air with a knife. So thick hung the smoke of tobacco and other carcinogens.
Some young women were dancing on an open space near an archaic device that was playing music off of large, round, black plates. At one wall there stood and old, massive music instrument with black and white keys.

Once Narad, Kesen and Vagio had settled around a table, Sena walked in.
His tall figure made quite an impression, especially with his hood and cloak.
He did not acknowledge his men but walked straight to the bar.
The bartender was a scruffy looking man with stains on his shirt.
“Ey mon amis, ma name ies Joe. Wha will it be ?” he said in a heavy accent.
“I’m Sena. Double bourbon, no ice…” Sena said from underneath his hood. He was certain that the bartender could see the lights behind the bar reflect in his eyes. Joe poured the drink and set it down on the bar, in front of Sena. “Careful stranger, my drinks are hotter than the Tabasco.”
Lokasena smiled, sniffed the glass and downed it in one gulp. It was strong, but very satisfying.

The Hunter looked over to his subordinates. They were drinking and waiting patiently.
“So Joe, do you know those men?” Sena asked while swinging his glass in their direction before slamming it on the bar. Joe, still holding the bottle, poured again. “Ah, I donno them two, but… Oui, I know im. The middle one.”
“Really? He comes here often?” Lokasena inquired. Joe began to laugh. A laugh that could have been a mortal sin in itself.
“You sure curious for a new comer. Why don you tell me… No one gets info around here.
Not until they sing a song! Not even Darrrrrk Jeedai.” He laughed a gain and this time the rest of the patrons joined him.
“I don’t sing.” Sena said. He saw Kesen and Narad getting ready to jump in and defend their Tetrarch. Lokasena shook his head.
“Then I give no information.” Joe chuckled as the music on the machine ended and the girls looked over at Sena.

Lokasena downed his bourbon and slammed the drink on the bar again. Joe filled it and Sena carried it over to the large instrument.
Corvinus set down the glass on the instrument and sat down on the little stool in front of it.
He pulled off his hood and extended his hand over the keys.

Narad and Kesen looked at each other. “Can he play that thing?” Kesen asked. “I wouldn’t be surprised.” Narad answered as he sipped his beer.
The first tones were slow and irregular. Then, a rhythm appeared. Soon a melody followed.
As he started to play faster, the women started dancing again. The bended and twisted, showing off their curves to the rhythm of Sena’s music.

The Hunter pulled up his eyebrows as he played the high notes and frowned at the low notes.
The tough crowd started to thaw out. They couldn’t help but move to the music, ever so slightly.
Lokasena stroked the black and whites as if he had never done anything else. He kicked up the tempo as the dancing women were swirling and the crowd was cheering.

As Sena reached his climax on the instrument, each girl was dancing with her arms around the neck of some guy. Narad seemed to have been caught by one as well.
The final notes disappeared into the night air and everybody applauded.
Lokasena got up from the stool and walked to the bar. “How about that info now?”
“Whooohoo…!” Joe exclaimed. “His name is Sena, plays a mean pianna. He wears a puple sash and a blond moustache.” Laughing and nodding to the crowd, Joe was collecting votes.
“Yeah man, you can get all the info you want. You one of us now!”
“Charmed….” Sena whispered.

Tirano

13-02-2008 21:09:02

Mal and Tirano followed the loud farmed who was talking in the Cantina, they used as much stealth as possible. They followed him around most of the town until he reached a basement door and entered. The house was in the outskirts of the town and it was very big, it seemed to be a storage place of some sort. Mal spotted two guards camouflaged near the door and two in the roof in front of the entrance. Tirano decided to take the guards on the other house while, Mal waited for him to attack the guards in the main building.
“I will be back shortly master, wait for me.” Tirano went to the next street in the town and from there he began to climb to the roof in front of the storage place. When he reached the top he looked around and found two guards laying down with snipers pointing at the main entrance of the meeting room or so he guessed. He grabbed a rock he found near his left and moved swiftly until he was behind the guards. He jumped over the one in his left and broke his skull with the rock and then he jumped over the other guard and started chocking him, this happened without them shooting or screaming. Both Tirano and the guard were struggling to choke the other first but thanks to all the physical training Tirano endured during his early years he managed to win the little battle. After getting his breath back he moved the bodies into a more discrete area and then he left to join his master. Mal signaled Tirano to stand up next to him and move towards the door. When they reached the door they were stopped by the guards, which had their blaster pointing at them.
“What do you want here strangers? This is private property, nobody is allowed inside.” said the guard to their left.
“We are just wondering what this place is, sir. Sorry to interrupt your jobs.” said Tirano.
Mal and Tirano launched towards the guards in their respecting sides and after few seconds both Jedi were standing again. They hid the bodies of the guards who were unconscious and then Mal decided to report Sena of what had happened, now they had control of the entrance of traitors lair.

Lokasena

16-02-2008 05:34:18

Sena slammed on the bar. “Damn, I thought I had been clear about being discrete…”
The bartender looked at him as if he wondered if he had said something wrong.
“It’s not you Joe.” Sena reassured him. “Thanks for the drinks.”

Sena walked over to Narad, Kesen and Sylas.
“Get him up! We’re leaving.” Sena commanded while pointing at Sylas, who was still beside himself.
“What’s wrong?” Narad asked.
“Some of our team mates are in trouble. We need to assist them.” Lokasena replied.
“Must we take him with us? He’ll only slow us down.” Kesen asked. Sena peered into Kesen’s eyes. “This question routine flew for a while, but now it’s getting old real fast.”
The Hunter turned and walked out of the bar. The two young men and Vagio in his footsteps.
As he stepped into the clear night air, Sena noticed his communicator beeping.
“Speak!” He bellowed at the device.
“Sir, this is Tirano. Mal and I have found the lair of a group of what we believe to be traitors.”
“Hold your position until we arrive. Do not engage. I repeat, do NOT ingage.”
Sena switched off the device and placed it back in his pocket.

“Kesen, Narad… Take our friend back to headquarters. I will go on alone.”
“But sir…” Kesen began.
“Silence! This will be a dangerous situation and I can’t play baby sitter right now.
Go, cry woe, destruction, ruin and decay. The worst is death, and death will have his day…”
At that, the Hunter quickly turned a corner and left the two young Phoenix members alone with their assignment.
“Well, let’s get going.” Narad sighed.