Run On

Tiberius

02-03-2005 16:01:08

The Dark Halls of Taruma resonated a holorecording of the Late Prince Tiberius, who died mysteriously with multiple stab wounds to the back.

"Greetings Lords and Ladies of Ektrosis. This is Tiberius Claudius Germanicus Tang'va. If you can see me now, it probable that I have been either executed or have been brutally murdered. It just saddens me that I would not have the pleasure of killed you all before this travesty. For if I had succeeded then there would be no one to listen to this recording. But that’s life."

Sabre was the first to pause the recording, "sheesh, even in death his jokes stink!" The Quaestor then returned to his seating position and pressed the control for the recording to proceed.

"Now this is my last will and testament. As most of you know I have amassed a massive fortune in jewels and artefacts from across the galaxy. One of the perks for being a royal prince. I have hidden this massive treasure some where in the Ektrosian compound, but no further that the jungle borders. The first person to find this treasure will be its new owner. That is my testament to life that I should be remembered for all times as the one Ektrosian member who caused the whole house to fight amongst each other for my property. "

The image bowed and faded away. Sabre turned to the face the other members of Ektrosis only to find that every one had already left the audience chamber, and heading for the main excavation depository in the compound.

OCC: - Okay I guess that quite forward. All you have to do is write a continual story about how you try to locate my treasure. You can do it by yourself or you can work in teams, but only one person can own the whole treasure in the end. So if you are in a group, you most likely will have to fight your partners for the final reward.

You must not write about actually opening the chest only how you came to find it. I will write the last post about what is exactly in the chest and what your reward is. Now those of you who don’t know the layout of the Ektrosian compound should talk to either blade or Dark Sabre.

The most well written and well versed post will win the crescent. This is not designed to be a one post run-on, thus the story must flow from post to post. There is no length requirement but 100 words should be the minimum.

This competition is opened to the entire house, and every one can participate. First place: Emerald Cres, Second place: Topaz Crescent, Third place: Quartz Crescent. The greatest contributor to the Run on will also get a Dark Cross. The criteria that I will be judging the best poster will be on grammar and spelling.

As I said before every one in the house can participate including leaders, and I hope this will generate enough activity for this month. The competition ends on the 30th of March 2005. I will also be placing a few well positioned posts of my own into the loom to either throw the participants off the scent or give clues as to the possible location of the treasure. This is designed to be a fun competition, so enjoy.

Here is an image of the Ektrosian Compound, drawn by Betja. Hope its helpfull. Let is also be know that this is an alternative reality where anything goes. The DB as a whole is still the same but the people who inhabit it are different. Ao dont worry about how I got this treasure etc.

This is a treasure hunt, and X marks the spot. So write creative.

Anonymous

06-03-2005 21:09:08

A slight grin touched his lips as the twinkling word of "Fortune" continued resonating through Nexus' mind. The halls still held the stench of Tiberius' rotting corpse, he'd have to make Vodo clear that away later on. Nex was heading toward his room to get supplies, but in a hurried fashion so the others wouldn't get a jump on him. He would have to convince them that it wasn't worth it to hunt for this treasure...that would make it much easier for him to find. Nexus gave a friendly smile and wave as he passed Chaosrain. "Aren't you heading toward excavation depository, Nex?" the Jedi Hunter asked.

"Nah, I'd never waste my time on one of Tiberius' little adventures. Last time someone went on one of those they ended up getting stabbed multiple times in the back..."

The Tetrarch nodded his head, "I guess you're right, well I think we'll get to laugh last as all these people search for some "treasure"." They both gave a slight laugh, their eyes darted around akwardly, and they turned and began hurrying off to hunt for the fortune.

The Aedile continued on to his room with a feeling of satisfaction at his skill of manipulation. He sifted through his closet after reaching his room. In moments he was wearing his full leather apparel including the jacket, fedora, and bullwhip. Before leaving to start his search, the Priest subtly disposed of a small letter that contained some important legal information regarding copyright infringement.

Tiberius

15-04-2005 09:09:09

This Competition is closed. Shame on you all for not participating, except Nexus of course :P. If you like you can continue to carry on the story and still recieve the DC which I promised the greatest contributor (and that means more than 3 different posters) But I some how douth that will happen! :P

Octavian

28-05-2005 22:00:34

Minutes after Tiberius' will and testament was played to the house a few members remained seated and sipped on warm Sabacc Ale. Octavian was among them, sitting in the corner and playing back the holo again and again looking for clues. Multiple younglings were present and babbling on and on about this mysterious fortune hidden by the late Tiberius.

"Jeez guys, you would think Tiberius could just give us his fortune but no. It is always his way to send us on a wild bantha chase through the compound. Such a pompous taun-taun herder if I ever knew one. He will be missed though I must say" said Octavian, to no one in particular.

Within a standard half hour everyone was gone except for the priest who was at this point nearly taking a nap. Snapping out of this soporific trance he flung himself from his chair and stretched. For Octavian knew where the treasure was. He knew Tiberius very well in fact. Now if only Tiberius knew him as well this would be over shortly.

Walking from hallway to hallway and staircase to staircase Octavian slowly made his way to his personal quarters and collected himself. Planning was the key to this mission, as everyone in the house was after Tiberius'fortune. Yes having a plan ready was paramount to his success. "A huh!" Octavian exclaimed. Looking at a map of the camp layout he created a super-imposed 'T' over the camp, with the cross-bar beginning at the main hall where the will was read. "That vain and cocky son of a Night-Sister! I knew it!" And with that the young priest began to run full sprint towards the shuttle bay to grab his transport to ferry him directly to the narrow strip of land across the river right near the forest, due south from the main hall.