House Project Ideas

RevengeX

19-11-2006 12:32:03

This is a thread where HAD members can post their ideas for House projects. I'd like some member input on what they want to see (because I'm doing this for you guys). It may also be easier to post here than email me (?). So, if you have ideas for House projects, then post, post, post!

A list of ongoing projects:
-House Wiki Page Updates
-Fictional Battle Team Roles (BTLs: watch for an email)
-Expanding the House's Fictional History (on hold)
-Antenora: In-Depth

Projects in the consideration queue:
-The Return of Character Profiles (how many returns has it been?)

Ideas should be beneficial and relevant to the House and its members.

[This thread will be pinned to the top so that people can find it more easily.]

Aghasett

19-11-2006 17:11:52

Projects in the consideration queue:
-The Return of Character Profiles (how many returns has it been?)

I was a major proponent of these things for a long time, but given the expansion of the DB's character sheet vis a vis the ACC, I think it's a redundant waste of time.

*However*, I could see it being a very cool facet of HAD *if* someone coded/hosted a page where HADsters could upload their own character images, possessions images, wardrobe images, homeworld/spouse/posse images, etc etc, and the nature of the dossiers' line items were far more in depth and diverse than the general DB personal history/character sheet. But again, the coding for the site -- so members could upload these things *themselves* w/o "approval" is key (I'd do it myself by I don't have the skills). Shy that, again, waste of time, few people would bother with. Believe me, I know from experience.

RevengeX

20-11-2006 21:19:36

Good points and ideas, Rhaub.

Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to create such a web page either, but when I come across someone who does, I will definitely look into this.

Braecen

21-11-2006 17:37:49

*cough* DJB Wiki *cough*

Adam Anderson

21-11-2006 20:40:14

A "What if" writting comp where the members of the hosue would write "What wold have happened if Grand Admiral Thrawn was inch change of the battle for Endor?" Would Vader have betrayed the Emperor? Would the Emperor survive? Would the dark brotherhood come to exist?

RevengeX

21-11-2006 20:45:21

Brae: Yes, the DJBWiki would fulfill the ideas Rhaub has presented, so no need for choking. ;)

Adam: That would be an interesting set of competitions. Maybe one "what if" could be run each month, each posing a different idea. Good thoughts.

Aghasett

22-11-2006 13:01:42

*cough* DJB Wiki *cough*

I s'pose :P

Timbal

25-11-2006 15:49:21

A long while ago, we ran a "fleshing out" comp, in which members would write about various of the physical locations of the House. For example, the physical description of the Citadel, of the various barracks facilities, etc. That would be an awesome chance to have the newer members to actively contribute to official House lore. Just my two cents. =)

RevengeX

26-11-2006 11:32:27

That's a great idea, Timbal. :D That would also help with the Antenora project as well. I'll definitely make note of these types of competitions. (Expect a couple after the Feud.)

Ood Bnar

26-11-2006 11:35:26

Ok y'all. I made some changes to teh info on Battleteams of HAD. Go check them all out and add if oyu know something.

RevengeX

26-11-2006 11:50:26

He means the Battle Team pages on the DJBWiki.

Draco Conspicari: http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...raco_Conspicari
Ebon Cloak: http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...itle=Ebon_Cloak
Dragon Guard: http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...le=Dragon_Guard
Drynwyn's Flame: http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...ynwyn%27s_Flame

Timbal

28-11-2006 23:23:55

Oh, I was wondering... ;)

Thanks for that clarification, Rx... :D

I'm going to try and edit the DB Wiki myself, possibly tomorrow when I have some time.....

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL?! What do you mean we were ONCE considered to be HAD's elite battle team?

I seriously am thinking about changing that.....

RevengeX

29-11-2006 18:38:50

No problem.

Feel free to edit anything. That's what the Wiki's for. :)

Ood Bnar

16-12-2006 05:59:24

another idea, images and blueprints of the HAD HQ.

I once started the blueprints, once they're done. I'll send them to Rev, then he can appoint someone to make an image based on them.

RevengeX

16-12-2006 11:28:16

Cool, Ood. Descriptions and possibly depictions of House facilities as a project will undergo development soon (probably mid to late January 2007). Check my report on December 23rd for an updated list of projects and what not.

RevengeX

08-03-2007 23:29:33

Lists of Completed, Scrapped, Backburner and Ongoing projects can be seen on my DJB blog: http://dbrevengex.blogspot.com.

Remember, I have no future projects in the "queue" right now, so I'm totally up for suggestions! :)

Yadar Shyk

29-04-2007 15:00:28

HAD ACC event!!!! including initiates O.o

RevengeX

30-04-2007 20:55:20

A CSP ACC Ladder was being organized a while ago, but I guess it was abandoned...

I'll inform the Clan Summit and send out an email through the House mailing list to see whether there's enough interest (we need enough to fill out a ladder, i.e. 8, 16, or 32).

As for Initiates participating, I can include it in the ACC competition request, but that's the Combat Master's final decision.

Good suggestion, Yadar.

Timbal

28-06-2007 21:20:43

A CSP ACC Ladder was being organized a while ago, but I guess it was abandoned...

I'll inform the Clan Summit and send out an email through the House mailing list to see whether there's enough interest (we need enough to fill out a ladder, i.e. 8, 16, or 32).

As for Initiates participating, I can include it in the ACC competition request, but that's the Combat Master's final decision.

Good suggestion, Yadar.

I'm all for that.... >:)

Cuchulain

05-12-2007 07:26:40

Maybe we could get the House together and have them help me shave my shoulders...

RevengeX

05-12-2007 16:22:02

I'm not entirely sure if we could garner any volunteers to complete such an arduous task, Cooch. We could try, but we might lose many blades to the density of your... hair. *shudder* Even if we did complete that project, your spikes would grow back and we would have to complete it again.

/me ships Cooch off to Thran's Menagerie. :P

Kalak Ragnose

31-01-2009 18:51:11

Okay, I want to "reopen" this discussion. A lot of things mentioned on here have happened including the "What ifs?" and the House facilities going on the wiki. If you want something added to the projects list or anything that you think needs improving or could be done, then post here. I can assure a 30 minimum post response (usually 12 hour) with thoughtful consideration.

Currently, we have several projects on the go

1. Facilities. I have 11 more pages of text to put up on the wiki.

2. House Website. I can't give you an eta on this but I know it is being worked on with dedication and care.

3. Antenoran Tribes. A big project. Tra'an has been managing that and I think it goes well.

4. Possible House event for the summer. I'm not giving anything away as it's in first draft stage.

5. Misc. A couple of minor things that aren't in the spotlight, including a Merc corporation.

These are the major things we have as far as I know and am concerned.