Xbox Vs Playstation 2

Jaymz

13-02-2006 09:32:02

I am going with Xbox. KOTOR, Halo 2, Doom 3, Half Life 2, Fable, Elder Scrolls. C'mon

Ceric Crimson

14-02-2006 09:27:39

I'm with you all the way, homie!

Akhara_Kiddo

14-02-2006 16:31:26

Oh come on!! PS2 is awesome! look at the controllers, they're easy to play with and small.. now look at the Xbox controller, is so damn big it's almost like having the keyboard on my lap!

Shadow

15-02-2006 06:07:42

i gota go with ps2, mainly cos i aint realy played with an xbox much

Kaine Mandaala

15-02-2006 08:30:50

With its backward compatibility with the original PS, the PS2 opens itself up to the largest library of great games available. Granted, title for title I think they're about dead even. For every good PS2 game, there is an equally good XBOX game.

One thing to look at is the quantitiy of horrible titles. I'm sure the PS2 wins (loses?) there.

Shadow

15-02-2006 08:39:47

i have to agree with u there, ps2 has some seriously dodgy titles out there, tho xbox seems to have its own fair share

Ceric Crimson

15-02-2006 17:41:16

All I know is that with flagship games for the 360 like "Gears of War", "Perfect Dark Zero"(a fan favorite), "Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion", "Spliner Cell: Double Agent", and (of course) the inevitable release of Halo 3...Microsoft has obtained some seriously premium stuff to fall back on as far as games go.

Ikusa Proujekuto Thanato

28-03-2006 10:15:43

woh, woh,woh, sweet child o' mine!

wait a second, metal gear solid 3, final fantasy, devil may cry...etc...

Need i say any more? B)

Wes Biriuk

29-03-2006 04:00:48

What I think is that they should make an uber-game console that can play all PS2 and Xbox games... plus any Xbox 360 and PS3 games that come along...

I go with PS2 mainly coz I have one, but one problem I have with it is the DVD player will screw up if you start playing pirated DVDs. In doing that the entire sytem gets borked and games that usually work don't work so well... But I do love the PS2 for its superior sports games... I'm more into sports than action :P

BTW: The entire HALO has to be the most overated series I have ever come across. I expected so much more from HALO 2 than it gave. Quite frankly, it sucks.

Jaymz

01-04-2006 07:45:49

This is where you have to look further than the story line to make a vote. Say the story line is at best "iffy". What about Halo 2 Online? Is that not like the huggest online game today? And how fun is it to play. I stick with my vote.

Lanius Sin

01-04-2006 10:03:22

heh, the final fantisy series is coming to xbox360 and the developers of devil may cry are making a realy good looking 360 game too... as for MGS i say peh. what about splinter cell? the tom clancy script beats anything from the mgs lot. (but i do love MGS dont get me wrong).
there are a lot of japanese developers moving to 360 after being disenchanted with the ps2..
i CANNOT WAIT till halo 3 comes out *giggle*

Xayun Erinos

01-04-2006 16:02:37

Well, I have a Playstation 2 - I've played X-Box, but only a few games - the Halo series included - and I just think PS2 comes out on top here. Sure, it's slightly less powerful, but I think on the whole it has a lot more quality games than the X-Box.

Krayn

07-05-2006 11:10:17

The question was to which system had better games. Considering that Playstation HAD GTA, it may have had a chance. The only real good game that I like for PS2 would be RE4, but RE5 is coming out for 360 so I can't even con't Resident Evil against Xbox. Final Fantasy is also out for Xbox. So look at the lineup.

Halo/Halo 2
Doom 3
Halflife 2
KOTOR/II
Resident Evil 5
Final Fantasy

Not to mention the much better online play. Xbox is my choice. And because I have a PS2 and not a Xbox this should show how fair I am. Thank you.

Aidan Kincaid

07-05-2006 15:33:10

The thing is the 360 is getting a bunch of *new* IPs... I got bored with FF after the SNES and MGS has always been crap. I'd much rather play Spinter Cell. While Sony will give you a bunch of rehashes of the same games you played 10 years ago MS is getting a lot of new blood in the gaming industry - Too Human, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Huxley, etc etc.

Krayn

08-05-2006 16:12:55

Exactly. Look at Chronicles of Riddick ESBB. Brand new gaming studio and the game that won best game after a movie over Battlefront II was exlusive to xbox. Xbox's gaming lineup is much better than PS2's. Of course PS2 has several decent games. None of them can match up to Doom 3 Halo 2 or even come close to Halflife 2.

Anonymous

22-05-2006 19:48:56

Doom 3 = PC Title, Xbox port.

Half-Life 2 = PC Title, Xbox port.

KOTOR = Xbox title, Available on PC.

KOTOR2 = Xbox title, Available on PC.

And not only are D3 and HL2 ports and all of these *NOT* exclusives, they are CRAPPY ports. The framerates are horrible. Have you guys even played HL2 and Doom 3 on the Xbox? It's awful.

Both systems have their fair share of exlusives, but most great Xbox games can be played on a PC (which is a much better experience I might add). Most great PS2 games cannot. There's simply no reason for me to have an Xbox + PC combo (everyone here has a PC, btw), when I can have a PS2 + PC combo and play a much larger variety of games, and most great games available on the Xbox. Halo is available on PC, and Halo 2 will be available on PC soon as well (an upgraded version with new stuff in it, I might add).

What exclusives does the Xbox have? I mean really good exclusives? The only one I can think of is Ninja Gaiden. Can somebody please list something else?

Playstation 2 is in a class of its own in terms of developer support. It has more exclusives, and better exclusives, and that alone determines which console is better to own. Especially in the next generation of gaming (Nintendo's Wii is omitted here - different approach).

Which console will have more and better exclusives, the PS3 or the Xbox 360?

360 doesn't have a graphical advantage this next time around (although it does have a huge price advantage).

Playstation 2 = much better than Xbox. Better buy, more value.

Anonymous

22-05-2006 19:59:55

"The thing is the 360 is getting a bunch of *new* IPs... I got bored with FF after the SNES and MGS has always been crap. I'd much rather play Spinter Cell. While Sony will give you a bunch of rehashes of the same games you played 10 years ago MS is getting a lot of new blood in the gaming industry - Too Human, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Huxley, etc etc."

Too Human = Created by Silicon Knights. You know they did Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for GameCube, right? That series is crap, according to you.

Mass Effect = KOTOR3 / Jade Empire 2 / Same old crap with better gfx (aka Bioware). Nothing new.

Gears of War = Made by UT guys. Using the UT engine. Won't be very new.

Huxley = Created by Webzen. The guys who made that uber fantastic MMORPG, Mu Online. That game was really something, wasn't it? :ermm:

New IP's? Yep. Just like the PS3.

PS3 - Heavenly Sword.

PS3 - Assassin's Creed.

PS3 - Heavy Rain.

PS3 - Resistance: Fall of Man

etc etc. You listed four so did I.

That's a pretty asinine argument about the 360 and PS3. Both have new IP's (made by established developers who typically rehash the same crap anyways, and crappy developers), and rehashes.

360 you get Halo 3. It's a rehash.

Elder Scrolls 4...rehash.

The new Splinter Cell = OMG REH4SH!!!!

Call of Duty 2...GTA4...WWE Smackdown VS Raw whatever the heck, new Madden, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Like I said the post before, it will be the quality of game exclusives that really make or break the next gen of consoles...although the price of PS3 is lame.

Troutrooper

23-05-2006 13:53:46

I'm an XBOX guy, but mainly cause I got the XBOX as a gift and am not enough of a gamer to get another console (though my wife does want a GameCube cause of all the cute games). I don't feel qualified enough to judge the consoles based solely on technical or game merits, but I know some people who are. Using Metacritic's scores, I simply averaged the scores for all the games of the two consoles, plus two different game score averages for the PC (one with all games, and one with games from 2001 (when the PS2 and XBOX came out) to today). Here are the results:

PS2: 69.34 (86468 total scores from metacritic/1247 games)
XBOX: 69.65 (55720/800)
PC_all: 70.26 (95760/1363)
PC_01: 69.29 (80448/1161)

So, based solely on professional (and semi-professional) critics' scores, the PC games up to 2001 are the best (notice the precipitous drop-off in scores after 2001). Between the XBOX and PS2, critics like the XBOX. I did not remove any games, so these scores include ports and editions (Madden NFL for the PS2, XBOX, PC, etc). Feel free to punch holes in this quick and dirty analysis; I know it's not perfect.

BTW, the GameCube rules: 69.85 (33108/474) :D

Varkain Athanas

24-05-2006 09:12:20

Playstation all the way! I've had a playstation all my life, and the all my games are classics! So, anyways...yeah

Vangar Blade

24-05-2006 15:44:43

I think that Xbox beats all because all the good star wars games are on that console and it is easy to play online because it does not take that long to set up.

Ylith Pandemonium

26-05-2006 10:02:12

Xbox FTW!

Vangar Blade

09-06-2006 10:09:30

:lukevader: Xbox all the way baby!