NFL

Jaymz

31-10-2005 08:36:46

This is the DB's source for NFL Info. Although I love the NFL in all its glory I am siding with the one team I have stuck with for the last 16 years of my life. The team of the 70's. FOUR SUPER BOWL RINGS, Blitzburgh, The Steel Curtain, Terry Bradshaw, Big Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, "Mean" Joe Greene, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, The Immaculate reception. THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS. Any questions or comments feel free to ask or post, thanks.

Jaymz

01-11-2005 09:57:09

Guess no one watches Football here.

Lech

01-11-2005 10:15:13

I do, but the Eagles don't have many things going for them.

Jaymz

01-11-2005 10:42:21

Thats cause McNabb got the Madden Cover curse. Thank god they didn't put Ben on there.

Sarin

04-11-2005 10:56:26

Ill have to go with the Steelers as well. I am a pittsburgh native, so there is really no other choice. The steelers could have the worst team in the league and I would still pick them to win it all :P

Chaosrain

07-11-2005 21:13:20

Simple, Colts all the way. With Peyton Manning, from the best college ever, the stellar offense and the Colts new found defense, who can stop them?

Jaymz

08-11-2005 08:46:26

Obviously not the Patriots. The pats reign is over. I am willing to bet that the Steelers beat the Colts, so long as they have Ben. See what the Pat's failed to do with Peyton was Blitzing. They gave him too much time to throw the ball. Steelers are usually in the backfield in about 3 seconds after the ball is snapped. That and with Polamalu on Defense we'd kill'em.

Chaosrain

17-11-2005 23:52:52

Well, as of now Ben is questionable at best. And even with Ben the Steelers would lose. Always blitzing is not a good defense. It leaves the secondary too thin, and with 3 recievers that had over 1000 yards recieve last year and the touch record holding QB, blitzing isn't going to work that well. Oh, don't forget about James, he is running all over defenses. Then theres the O-line that keeps the D-line away from Manning and James. And the defense that would pick off Ben's pass' like they were thrown to them. One last thing to wrap your head around, Pats beat the Steelers when they didn't have Teddy Bruski, and alot fewer healthy starters. It will be a good game, but I ave to give the nod to the Colts, but who knows which team will make this weeks upset. Green Bay just proved a good point last week, every team is made of the best of the best from all the schools in the nation. There team may not be doing good, but all the teams are made of great players, that when given the chance can make a game winning play. But thats why we watch the games instead of reading stats all day.

Uzbad

27-11-2005 19:00:44

Go Titans!

Damn rebuilding years...

But the Colts are going 17-0 and winning it all. Hands down.

Jaymz

29-11-2005 17:32:16

I got to hand it to the Colts, they murdered the Steelers Monday Night. Ben was rusty and Parker couldn't get running. The only real highlight for the game would be Polamalu's interception. I knew he'd make a big play at some point. Well I hope the Colts go undefeated they are the best team this year.

Uzbad

30-11-2005 18:16:43

They will easily go undefeated. They dont even need to try.

Jaymz

03-12-2005 19:59:36

Thats saying a little much. They all have to try extremely hard to go undefeated. Playing thier hardest got them this far and the end of the season is not the place to let up.

Jaymz

05-12-2005 10:53:19

http://www.greatsportsrivalries.com/70s/listenir.html

Best Play EVER

Salth Khan

08-12-2005 14:59:36

I just have one thing to say.... GO CHIEFS!!! >:)

Jaymz

09-12-2005 10:21:51

I was looking for Denver to win that game.

Uzbad

09-12-2005 13:52:21

The Titans are going to murder the texans this weekend! Yay!

Jaymz

10-12-2005 20:45:04

Uzbad, I don't think the Titans nor the Texans are going to the playoffs. Look for the Seahawks and Colts in the Super Bowl.

Jaymz

19-12-2005 08:21:45

13-1

Uzbad

21-12-2005 21:02:50

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaymz

02-01-2006 10:03:25

Round 1 Playoffs:

Steelers Vs Bengals - Jaymz's Prediction: Steelers Win

Patriots Vs Jaguars - Jaymz's Prediction: Patriots Win

Panthers Vs Giants - Jaymz's Prediction: Panthers Win

Bucs Vs Redskins - Jaymz's Prediction: Skins Win

Jaysun Adumarii

02-01-2006 10:57:49

Round 1 Playoffs:

Steelers Vs Bengals - Steelers by a field goal.

Patriots Vs Jaguars - I give the Jag's a 0% chance of upsetting the Pat's.

Panthers Vs Giants - Can't go past my boys the Giants. I expect a big game from Tiki Barber.

Bucs Vs Redskins - Gotta go with the Redskin's

Jaymz

03-01-2006 08:27:22

I like the Giants, but I don't think they can beat the Panthers. Delhomme's been pretty good the last couple of games and I can see them winning by at most 6 points. When Steelers lost to the Bengals they had FOUR turnovers, Ben was rusty and we still only lost by a touchdown. Look for the Steelers to win by at least 2 touchdowns.

Jaymz

10-01-2006 08:37:43

Round 2 Playoffs:

Steelers At Colts = Steelers Upset

Patriots At Bronco's = Bronco's

Redskins At Seahawks = Seahawks

Panthers At Bears = Panthers

Pardon if any of these are wrong, all these teams are EXTREMELY well.

Menace

10-01-2006 15:05:37

I say Colts, Broncos, Seahawks, and Panthers win in the 2nd round.

Jaymz

11-01-2006 11:00:43

Nah Steelers gonna do WAY better than they did last time.

Chaosrain

11-01-2006 14:57:45

Pat's are going to the AFC title, there too good in the playoffs to be stopped by the Broncos. The Colts are going to man handle the Steelers. Seahawks are going to shut out the Skins, come on only 130 yards agains't the Buccs? There screwed. Bears are going to shut out the Panthers, cause thats what they do.

Jaysun Adumarii

11-01-2006 15:42:02

Steelers At Colts - Colt's will go all the way.

Patriots At Bronco's - Pat's are a certainty

Redskins At Seahawks - After watching the Redskins play Tampa I can't see them beating Seattle

Panthers At Bears - Can't go past the Bears in Chicago

Arsolimese

12-01-2006 03:19:03

I can't believe I didn't find this thread sooner...

Steelers At Colts - Screw the Colts. Pittsburgh all the way to the Super Bowl.

Patriots At Bronco's - Rooting for the Bronco's. If Plummer and co score first they got it.

Redskins At Seahawks - Seahawks got this one in the bag.

Panthers At Bears - Now here is were I have have intellect (native Charlotte person)...think back to the last run the Panthers had in the playoffs two years ago when they went to the Super Bowl. During the Season the Eagles trashed them, similar to what Chicago did earlier this year. Then remember what happened in the NFC Championship? Panthers trashed them. The Panthers will have a superb game from Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble. They will change the game, and the offensive line will hold up this time around.

Arso out

Jaymz

12-01-2006 10:48:54

I seriously hate when people "act" like they know football. Arso, you are right. But Chaos you are wrong. Steelers are manhandled by no one. 3 of the 5 games we lost were by a field goal. The game against the Colts was like a defender slipping on grass. We slipped up. It won't happen again. Colts are going to play good, but not physical. Not like the Steelers. Joey Porter's gonna get a couple sacks, Polamalu is gonna get a couple interceptions and Ben's gonna have a near perfect game. Only problem for the Steelers is thier secondary. If we can step up and stop them on a couple 3rd downs we have the game in the bag. I see the score being near 28 - 35, Steelers. The Bears are going to shut out the panthers like they shut-out the Steelers....they DIDN'T. Panthers are gonna destroy the bears. And yes the Seahawks will shutout the redskin. Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Chaosrain

12-01-2006 20:51:57

So I only act like I know football? Thanks jackass. I know exactly what I'm saying. So when I pick the team that won the last meeting, and did manhandle you favorite team, I am automatically wrong. And someting like Screw the Colts is an excellent arguement. I admit the chances of the Colts doing it twice in a row is kinda slim, but since the death of Tony Dungy's the Colts want the a Super Bowl ring more than ever. They want it for their coach. The Steelers are a good team, I just don't see them going out and play so much better than they did to beat the Colts. The Colts offense can strike at any time, for example, the 80 yard TD pass to Harrisson at the very begining of the game. The Steelers did much better than I thought they would last week, and the Bengals have the same formula as the Colts, except they have the players and are playing like the Colts did a few years ago, all offense no defense and needing to score every drive. The Colts don't ahve to do that now, and that is why they are gong to win, the defense. The Colts do allow more yards per game than the Steelers but less points per game, personally I think the second stat is more important in a game... Just look at the Bucs, Skins game last weekend. Bucs allowed alot less yards that game but more points and well only points determine a win. Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne have more recieving yards (individually) than does Heinz Ward. And Edgerrin James has more rushing yards than Wllie Parker. As far as team stats the Colts about 400 more rushing yards this year, but 14 less passing yards. The Colts are +11 on turnovers, which means they have lost 11 more fumbles than they have had taken away, while the Steelers are at +7. The Colts have 40 sacks this year while the Steelers have 47. This is going to be a good game, but I think the Colts are going to win this. Manhandle probably wasn't the right word but I think I've proven my point.

Arsolimese

12-01-2006 23:35:34

Screw the Colts sounded pretty intelligent to me (sarcasm smiley inserted here)...if the Colts don't start the game off with that killer play they made on their first possession last game it should be a good game.

Jaymz

13-01-2006 09:55:26

The Colts game wasn't what pissed me off. I know the Steelers are going to have a tough time beating the Colts, but the Steelers can do it. Tony Dungy will get a Super Bowl ring, but not this year. Ben is the top passer in the playoffs right now. The steelers no doubtly reviewed the Chargers gameplan. Steelers went into the game against indy not knowing what thier weak spots were, but now they do. I believe the Steelers are going to with thier 5th Super Bowl. The thing that pissed me off was that you think the Bears can shut out the Panthers. Not going to happen. This is Grossman's first Playoff appearence, and in the past it has shown that experience wins, which Delhomme has. This is not going to be a shut out. The Panthers will prevail over the Bears. The Seahawks have an easy win over the Redskins and the Patriots will lose against the Bronco's.

Chaosrain

14-01-2006 13:48:22

I'm still sticking by with what I said, except Carolina will score, but I don't think they will win. That Bears defense is killer. That should be a good game today. I guess the only way to end this is to what until about 8pm.

Jaysun Adumarii

14-01-2006 15:49:23

This is Grossman's first Playoff appearence, and in the past it has shown that experience wins, which Delhomme has.

What does Rex Grossman have to do with the Bears defence shutting out the Panthers? Grossman's the QB so he's not going to have too much to do with the defence.

Chaosrain

14-01-2006 16:42:57

Bleh, Chicago and Carolina play tommorrow. =/ Grossman throws interceptions or fumbles giving the Panthers good field position maybe even a safety. Experience doesn't control everything, Big Ben was a rookie last year and got the AFC title game.

Devani

14-01-2006 21:17:31

Go SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arsolimese

16-01-2006 13:17:29

Picks from this weekend.... four out of four.

So what does everyone think about next weekend?

Carolina at Seattle - I have to root for my home town team. I say Panthers win.

Pittsburgh at Denver - Pittsburgh wins on account of Roethlisberger's tackling skills.

Halcyon

16-01-2006 13:46:52

My predictions are for Seattle and Pittsburgh to win, with the Steelers winning the Superbowl

Jaymz

17-01-2006 08:19:24

8-0 for playoff picks.

Steelers Vs Bronco's = Steelers Win

Panthers Vs Seahawks = Panthers Win

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I almost had a [Expletive Deleted F-word]ing heart attack during that Colts Game. First its 7-0. Then its 14-0. Then its 14-3. Then its 21-3. At this point, I'm not saying the games over but i'm saying we have a better chance then the Colts. Then it goes to 21-10. I'm like alright we're good, still need 2 TD's to win and they just got thier first in the third quarter. Then Polamalu's interception is called back. I was pissed beyond being pissed. Now its 21-16, and they go for the 2 and get 21-18. Now Peyton just got sacked on fourth down with a minute left to go, I'm saying the games over, AND BETTIS FUMBLES. I can't be mad at Bettis though cause that was like his first fumble. Then Ben tackled him. I was watching a sports show, the name of it escapes me, but they said the game ball should be given to Harpers girlfriend who stabbed him in the knee. Then Vanderjadt misses the field goal and everyone in the stadium says the same thing "HE MISSED IT"

raven8

19-01-2006 12:09:42

i think seattle will win

Sarin

19-01-2006 16:56:49

8-0 for playoff picks.

Steelers Vs Bronco's = Steelers Win

Panthers Vs Seahawks = Panthers Win

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I almost had a [Expletive Deleted F-word]ing heart attack during that Colts Game. First its 7-0. Then its 14-0. Then its 14-3. Then its 21-3. At this point, I'm not saying the games over but i'm saying we have a better chance then the Colts. Then it goes to 21-10. I'm like alright we're good, still need 2 TD's to win and they just got thier first in the third quarter. Then Polamalu's interception is called back. I was pissed beyond being pissed. Now its 21-16, and they go for the 2 and get 21-18. Now Peyton just got sacked on fourth down with a minute left to go, I'm saying the games over, AND BETTIS FUMBLES. I can't be mad at Bettis though cause that was like his first fumble. Then Ben tackled him. I was watching a sports show, the name of it escapes me, but they said the game ball should be given to Harpers girlfriend who stabbed him in the knee. Then Vanderjadt misses the field goal and everyone in the stadium says the same thing "HE MISSED IT"

You and me both. I think this week will be another very good game in the AFC. I will have my Big Ben Jersey on and will be waiving my "Myron Cope's Terrible Towell" and hoping for another big Steelers win. If not....well back to back AFC Championship games is pretty good :P

freshjive taldrya

19-01-2006 22:29:52

Simply put: The Steelers got lucky against the Colts. Yes you can argue that they dominated the first 58 minutes of the game, but when it came down to the wire, they got lucky.

There were blown calls on both sides of the ball, Polamalu's interception being one of them and the non-PI call on the final Colts drive when Peyton tried to connect with Wayne in the corner of the endzone. Big Fat Bettis choked as hard as Vanderjagt with his fumble, if the Colts were able to capitalize on the fumble and score, then he would be getting all the heat that Peyton is getting now.

To put all the blame on Peyton is a shame, if anyone watching the game can remember, the kicker, the BEST KICKER IN THE NFL, booted the ball, and not by just a little, he sent it all the way over to [Expletive Deleted F-word]ing England. It's unbelieveable what happens to kickers under pressure, I for one don't see what the big deal is, they have ONE JOB, boot the ball through two upright posts, big deal. You can point out that the defense was rushing and all that but whatever, its his JOB to kick the ball under that kind of pressure.

It was definately one of the better NFL games I've seen in awhile, and although I'm a Colts fan, the Steelers did play a heck of a game. I hope they win the Super Bowl, but only because they beat us :P

Jaymz

20-01-2006 08:57:47

Don't get me wrong, Seattle is a great team. But this is thier first NFC Championship game in how long? Just because thier at home doesn't mean the crowd will be any quiter for them. Panthers have SUPER BOWL experience. And I'm not talking just one or two guys, I'm talking most of the team. Seattle had trouble with the Redskins. THE REDSKINS. Panthers will win, but it'll be a good game.

Uzbad

22-01-2006 15:18:35

The only reason the Seahawks had problems was because Alexander was out. Otherwise it would have been a blowout.

Devani

22-01-2006 20:04:14

SEAHAWKS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL! YA BABY!
DETROIT HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarin

23-01-2006 01:08:13

SEAHAWKS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL! YA BABY!
DETROIT HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Steelers will see you there!
:vader:

Jaymz

23-01-2006 09:19:16

Got to hand it to them, they played thier best, and Panthers didn't. I really don't care about them because PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL.

STEELERS VS SEAHAWKS = PITTSBURGH STEELERS (9-1)

Uzbad

23-01-2006 16:54:38

STEELERS VS SEAHAWKS = PITTSBURGH STEELERS (9-1)

You wish.

STEELERS VS SEAHAWKS = SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Devani

23-01-2006 22:50:41

Defintely Seahawks! :D

Jaymz

24-01-2006 09:47:14

Bengals # 3 Seed ( DESTROYED ) Colts # 1 Seed ( DESTROYED ) Bronco's # 2 Seed ( DESTROYED )

Yeah you don't beat them then lose to the Seahawks. STEELERS ALL THE [Expletive Deleted F-word]ING WAY. Alexander Who? Hasselbeck Who? The answer is JEROME [Expletive Deleted F-word]ING BETTIS, BEN [Expletive Deleted F-word]ING ROETHLISBERGER AND TROY [Expletive Deleted F-word]ING POLAMALU. This year we win our FIFTH SUPER BOWL.

Jaymz

24-01-2006 09:47:15

((double post))

Uzbad

29-01-2006 00:55:21

Wishful thinking.

Devani

29-01-2006 00:59:58

He's just plain crazy.

Uzbad

29-01-2006 01:14:43

Crazy like a blowfish.

Jaymz

30-01-2006 08:15:08

Okay have you watched a Steelers game? Cause I watched the Seahawks and what I saw was the Panthers playing bad.

Devani

30-01-2006 14:45:30

LOL...Seahawks are my team, bad or good. So of course I'm gonna say they are totally gonna win the Superbowl. Obviously the Seahawks team has to be good becuase they came out of nowhere to the Superbowl...allow me pride in my team for such an accomplishment!

Jaymz

31-01-2006 08:56:30

(Cough4SuperBowlsCough) Seahawks are good, but to a team that had trouble against the Redskins, against a team that beat the Colts........No Question

Jaymz

02-02-2006 10:09:03

http://www.youtube.com/w/The-AFC-Champions...bowl%20Football

Yeah watch this and tell me the Steelers ain't winning the Super Bowl.

Devani

02-02-2006 11:42:55

Good video.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uzbad

04-02-2006 14:18:21

The Panthers didnt play bad, they were shut down. :P

Devani

05-02-2006 23:57:44

The Seahawks lost :'(

Good game Steelers.

Jaymz

06-02-2006 08:17:44

21 - 10

IX X XIII XIV XL

1 2 3 4 5

Steelers/49ers/Cowboys

Jaymz

06-02-2006 10:08:15

Seahawks played good. Thanks for the Awesome Super Bowl.

Tsingtao

06-02-2006 10:29:22

I didn't think the game was anything special. Boring 1st half in my opinion. 2nd half only a bit better. I'll take any of the BCS games over the Super Bowl.

Jaymz

07-02-2006 08:42:18

The sad part was that Steelers played one of thier worst games ever, and still beat the Seahawks...by 11 points. Ben Roethlisberger was 9/21 and had 2 Interceptions. The Seahawks failure to convert turnovers into points was thier downfall. There was only 2 bad calls by the Ref that I saw. The first was the Steelers did NOT get the timeout before the playclock ran out. The second was Matt Hasselbecks low block, he was going for the tackle, not chop blocking the blocker. Other than that the rest were spot on. ONE FOR THE SECOND HAND IN 2006!!!

Tsingtao

07-02-2006 09:48:56

A lot of people are calling the game tainted due to the bad calls by the refs, late holding on #75, offensive PI, etc. which basically took away 11 points from the Seahawks. Pittsburg won on three plays, the 3rd down 37 yard pass to Hines Ward on the 3 yard line, the 75 yard TD run by Parker, and the 43 yard TD pass to Hines Ward.

But in the end, I give credit to Pittsburg in winning the game. They now have one for the thumb, like my Cowboys.

Jaymz

07-02-2006 10:11:56

Like I said, there were no bad calls on the play. The Steelers won the Super Bowl despite playing one of thier worst games. I am not gonna deface the Seahawks, like they are doing to us, saying we Stole Super Bowl XL. Whatever, we won the game by 11 points despite playing one of our worst games. Joey Porter had no sacks, Polamalu had no interceptions, Ben was pic'd twice and was 9 / 21.

Devani

07-02-2006 12:35:13

Hey now...not all Seahawks fans are saying that!
If you recall, I said good game Steelers!

Wes Biriuk

07-02-2006 19:00:39

I didn't get to watch the game, I was at work, and I live in Australia (gametime is 10am here). I was however on ESPN.com following the play. I think from my perspective, it was a rough Super Bowl. he ref did make some bad calls, but nobody is perfect, they happen and you deal with it. Bottom line is that the Saehawks didn't capitalize on their opportunities, of which they had plenty.

I can't really say good game because it wasn't really, neither team played anywhere near their best. Steelers won simply because they made their chances count.

Odium

09-02-2006 04:41:59

And got some lucky bad calls...yes im sore about it...in my opinion the only team the deserves to hold the record for most Super Bowl wins is the Cowboys, and now that they have to share with TWO other teams, well...yeah....

though i will admit that the Hawks had plenty of oppurtunities to make any bad calls dissappear into the void of history, and didn't capitalize on them, so....take it for what its worth, and mark my words...

...the Cowboys are comin for that record....for good! :shiny:

:maul:

Jaymz

09-02-2006 08:43:42

With who Drew Bledsoe? HAH. I'm sorry I would love to se ANOTHER Steelers Vs Cowboys Super Bowl. There were already 3 of them. Cowboys don't deserve the record. They are 5/3 in Super Bowls. Steelers are 5/1 and the 49ers are 5/0.

Krayn

08-05-2006 22:33:26

Super Bowl Predictions anyone?

Rage

09-05-2006 22:55:58

i dunno

Krayn

16-05-2006 21:26:44

Steelers and.....Seahawks.