Halo Movie Rumors

Anonymous

26-08-2005 09:58:03

That's right! The Halo movie is official! :D Bungie has found a script writer and a draft script is in the works.

Read more about it here:
Halo Movie Confirmed

Enjoy!

Karan Callidus Entar

26-08-2005 13:49:42

Oh sweet, this sounds like it could be a corker. I wondered how long it would be. But first im waiting for Halo 3 :D

Ethen

26-08-2005 15:19:35

The movie is going to ruin the game.

Karan Callidus Entar

28-08-2005 14:32:23

How so Ethen? Even if the movie sucks Halo 3 has a date so its already been worked out whats happening in that, the movie is a side project and can't affect the games in any way surely?

Ethen

28-08-2005 15:06:57

It depends on what the movies plot is, where/when it takes place, the actors in it, if it fallows the groove of Halo, and all that stuff. I read The Fall of Reach, The Flood, and First Strike, along with beating Halo and Halo 2 and being Nationally Ranked in Halo 2 online (Team Deathmatch) I know the way the stories go, and how it feels, I just hope they don't [Expletive Deleted F-word] it up.

Karan Callidus Entar

28-08-2005 17:17:14

Well Bungie are basically telling everyone its THEIR movie, so I have some faith in them. Slightly off topic are the books any good? (psht, tis Halo! Of course theyll be good :P)

Ethen

28-08-2005 17:39:31

Yesh they are awesome. It tells about how they found John (master Chief) how they trained him, the covenant and shizzle like that.

Karan Callidus Entar

28-08-2005 19:27:35

Had to be John didnt it? :P Whats the flood one about? Is it set on Halo or what?

Ethen

28-08-2005 20:02:12

Fall of Reach is the Prequel, The Flood is Set during Halo, and First Strike is a Bridge between Halo and Halo 2

As the bloody Human-Covenant War rages on Halo, the fate of humankind may rest with one warrior, the lone SPARTAN survivor of another legendary battle . . . the desperate, take-no-prisoners struggle that led humanity to Halo--the fall of the planet Reach. Now, brought to life for the first time, here is the full story of that glorious, doomed conflict.

While the brutal Covenant juggernaut sweeps inexorably through space, intent on wiping out humankind, only one stronghold remains--the planet Reach. Practically on Earth's doorstep, it is the last military fortress to defy the onslaught. But the personnel here have another, higher priority: to prevent the Covenant from discovering the location of Earth.

Outnumbered and outgunned, the soldiers seem to have little chance against the Covenant, but Reach holds a closely guarded secret. It is the training ground for the very first "super soldiers." Code-named SPARTANs, these highly advanced warriors, specially bioengineered and technologically augmented, are the best in the universe--quiet, professional, and deadly.

Now, as the ferocious Covenant attack begins, a handful of SPARTANs stand ready to wage ultimate war. They will kill, they will be destroyed, but they will never surrender. And at least one of them--the SPARTAN known as Master Chief--will live to fight another day on a mysterious and ancient, artificial world called Halo. . . .

^^The Fall of Reach^^

As the fortress world of Reach and its brave defenders were bombarded to rubble, a single cruiser fled the carnage with the battle’s only human survivors—Captain Keyes, his crew of a few hundred Marines, and the last remaining SPARTAN super-soldier, the Master Chief.

With the cruiser’s artificial intelligence, Cortana, concealed in his battle armor, the Master Chief crash lands on Halo in the midst of a massive Covenant occupation. Curiously, the alien soldiers appear to be searching for something hidden on the ring. Built by a long-dead race, Halo harbors many deadly secrets, but one overshadows them all. Now the Master Chief must lead the scattered troops in a brutal race to unravel Halo’s darkest mystery—and unleash its greatest source of power. . . .

^^The Flood^^

Halo has been destroyed, and the threat it posed to sentient life, neutralized. But victory has come at a terrible cost for the UNSC. Thousands of valiant soldiers fell in the battle to prevent the alien construct from falling into the enemy’s clutches.

Now, everything depends on the Spartan known as the “Master Chief.” Yet even with the aid of the artificial intelligence Cortana, the Master Chief will be hard-pressed to rescue survivors and evade the Covenant ships patrolling the remains of Halo in debris-strewn space.

Ahead lies a dangerous voyage home, through a gauntlet of Covenant forces. For the sake of all, the Master Chief and his war-torn squad must not only survive, but take the fight to the enemy with a decisive first strike.

^^First Strike^^

Karan Callidus Entar

28-08-2005 20:19:25

Cheers dude! Shall be getting those!

Ethen

29-08-2005 19:12:18

They are very good books. Oh and I'll let u in on one of the spoilers. All the Spartans arn't dead. Matter of fact there were some on Earth during Halo 2 I actually thought we were going to get to play as them, but I was wrong. So idk we'll see in H3

Anonymous

30-08-2005 15:25:56

John is not the last Spartan. My only thing is that they didn't mention them at all in Halo 2. And what was with the ending to Halo 2. That was the most anti-climactic scene ever. (IMHO of course)

Ethen

30-08-2005 16:41:41

Isn't that what I just said?

Ethen

30-08-2005 16:43:05

Isn't that what I just said?

Karan Callidus Entar

05-09-2005 20:34:25

John is not the last Spartan. My only thing is that they didn't mention them at all in Halo 2. And what was with the ending to Halo 2. That was the most anti-climactic scene ever. (IMHO of course)

There was one very simple reason: TO SELL HALO 3. Its a damn good marketing idea. Sneaky microsoft bastards :P

Mortimus

08-09-2005 16:50:28

it would be cool if they added them in the next game, but you could command them like ghost recon

mortimus out.

Drodik alTor

15-09-2005 00:06:38

Has anybody found out who will be playing the Master chief. That would be funny if it were Anthony hopkins voice or Morgan Freemans Voice lol

Ceric Crimson

26-09-2005 20:08:27

Huh. They just got a script writer? Well, it'll be a while than.

PS: The books rule.

DeltaForce

09-10-2005 19:32:26

Sam L Jackson is Johnson

kraval

09-10-2005 22:43:27

im sure theyll still have steve downes (who does the MCs voice in halo 1-2) do the voice for the movie as well, it would only make sense that way

DeltaForce

10-10-2005 09:01:51

They would have too. I can't think of another actor that had that same soft but tough voice that we all know and love. I only hope that it isn't a low budget film. Like I want alot of CGI [Expletive Deleted] in there, keep the HALO feel to it.

DStephens

27-11-2005 04:29:16

They had in the Official Xbox Magazine a list of actors, I hope that they were just joking when they had the list though cuz it was people like Ben Affleck and Vin Diesel. Cant remember the whole list, but those stick out in my mind the most as being the crappiest, Ill try to find the mag and post the list on here when I find.

DS

Tarax Kor

27-11-2005 06:32:15

Peter Jackson (LOTR, King Kong) will be the director/executive producer.

Uzbad

27-11-2005 18:57:14

Well, the game sucks. So natrally the movie will have to suck as well. :P

DStephens

27-11-2005 21:55:52

Well, the game sucks. So natrally the movie will have to suck as well. :P

If you wasnt in CSP Id have to kill you for that remark.

DS

Tyrus

02-12-2005 20:11:16

yes halo is not a sterotypically good game...its a good game, true, i must admit the xbox live for it sucks now because of all the jerks but the sp is good...not as good as call of duty though... :D
ww2 is better than the future :P

Uzbad

02-12-2005 21:02:21

I dont like the game at all. Live or in single player.

Jaymz

06-12-2005 09:58:02

Halo is a foundation game. It was the first of its kind. If I can remember I think it was the first game to allow you to fly drive and shoot in the same game with reasonably decent graphics. Now look at FPS's. Call of Duty, Mace Griffin, all those. They are sons of Halo. All the designers took the ideas from halo. Sure you may not like Halo, but it was the first game I played for xbox. It was the first game I beat on Xbox, I fell in love. Of course this is all opinion oriented, but I don't see Grand Theft Auto coming out with a movie, nor do I see it being as big as a multiplayer game as Halo/2. My love for the game isn't just based on the game itself, its mostly based on all the fun times I've had with my friends with it. Like on Coagulation me and my buddy Chris goofed around jumping out of Banshee's onto other banshees in mid-air and hi-jacking them, or discovering sword-jumping by ourselves, or getting the scarab gun. Halo 2 is awesome. IDC what you guys say about it, but like Elvis Presely, Millions of people cannot be wrong.

Tarax Kor

06-12-2005 11:35:30

I dont like the game at all. Live or in single player.

Uzbad just likes to complain and whine. :P

Jaymz

06-12-2005 21:38:57

Yeah i've been around long enough to notice