Discussions

Esca

04-05-2006 17:36:49

First off, I would like to know what you all would like to get out of the House. This is an easy topic to discuss, and I hope that we can get a lot of good ideas to get HOO onto its feet. Let's keep this all civil, and we'll have a good time with out discussions. Enjoy. :-)

~Esca~

Scyrone

05-05-2006 23:18:01

I think we should have dedicated members, and more competitions, and some creation of history, characters, etc.

Esca

05-05-2006 23:20:37

How would you propose we go about doing all that?

~Esca~

Devani

06-05-2006 01:18:52

Hmmm...I think we should have more interaction sort of like The Lounge but for HOO members so that we can interact as characters. I can't get on mIRC so it would be a way for me at least to get to know other HOO members.

Scyrone

08-05-2006 18:15:04

Make lots of comps, with high rewards. And make it something simple like pass three SA exams that you have not done yet.

Esca

08-05-2006 21:27:29

If I did that, then everyone would win. I can't just award everyone. You have to earn your award, which makes the competition fun. So send me some competition ideas, and I will see what I can do. (e.s.esca@gmail.com)

~Esca~

Ylith Pandemonium

09-05-2006 13:46:16

There are more than one way to get onto IRC, it's best to try that rather than spam away on the spam board
with only a select number of people.

As for Comps. Competitions either go for GFX, Writing or Fiction. You get awarded for SA stuff but it's more in
merit awards and promotions rather than Crescents.

Draken

Wes Biriuk

09-05-2006 23:35:42

I think that was the point. Promotions are what is needed, but I think that just passing a couple of tests doesn't sort the best from the rest.

How about an email run-on just for Oriens. It could be a permanent thing or it could be a competition. My idea would be that you dont have a certain goal, it is more to socialse in character in a form that we can all access in one way or another. Perhaps the QUA and AED can keep an eye out on the posts and award for consistent activity and improvement of writing. Just a small idea that could well become quite big. What do you think?

Devani

10-05-2006 00:27:38

mIRC goes through one port and it is blocked by my school so no, I can't access it and so thus must use messengers or the boards to socialize with DB members...I have taken it to the Spamboards months ago, in which such things are allowed and it isn't a select number of people...whoever wishes can post and are welcome to. I think it is a good idea Dhet but I'm reticent about doing it through email.

Ylith Pandemonium

10-05-2006 00:56:39

an E-mail run on should be no good...

sorry

and I dont see how spamming could be any good...

There are IRC's that use other ports. Try Google ^^

Devani

10-05-2006 01:10:03

I am sorry, no one ever pointed that out to me and I am not the most computer savvy of people and didn't know that.

Ylith Pandemonium

10-05-2006 07:58:48

it's good to try at least a few times to get on IRC....that goes aswell for the new members as for the
spammers.

Mind you, we have a webchat and on the internet is enough portals to IRC.

have fun

Devani

18-05-2006 00:20:12

I really think though that it would be a good idea to do a sort of never ending run-on like the Lounge where we can get to know each other, character to character. It would be fun and I would defintely participate.

Ylith Pandemonium

19-05-2006 14:26:04

it would just become one giant hive of 1 line spamming posts.

the way is good, the way its brought is not.

Character Development is good, just not like this.

Kaine Mandaala

19-05-2006 15:51:34

it would just become one giant hive of 1 line spamming posts.

the way is good, the way its brought is not.

Character Development is good, just not like this.

This is where moderation comes into play - set rules. Enforce them. Make it so people have to post at least a paragraph. If they want to really have a serious development of character, or display what they've already established about their character, then this should be easier that it sounds.

If people can't write about their character... well, they may need help. That could also be something to look into... teaching character development. Let's try to reduce the number of Force Sensitive orphans hell bent on becoming the next Palpatine by introducing decent, respectable, ORIGINAL sounding backstories.

Wes Biriuk

21-05-2006 22:48:58

What he said...

Also, some people (myself included) don't feel comfortable fighting in ACC battles due to the lack of confidence in their own writing skills. A little area where people can be in character developing writing skills and character stores would be very helpful. This way we could also have a few better writers 'coach' people via email and give a few tips and hints.

Ylith Pandemonium

22-05-2006 02:56:37

thats called ACC training :P

I'll think about it, Galeres is doing a similar thing,

if it works out I might consider it

Halcyon

22-05-2006 11:58:15

The ACC training is actually for all of Arcona. The "members" helping out are Timeros, Ktulu and Esca I do believe (so 2 of 3 are from HOO already).

Ylith Pandemonium

22-05-2006 16:24:15

I was talking about the RP System, Jeax is trying that one out.

if that works out nicely, I will concider doing it here also.

Halcyon

22-05-2006 16:27:09

I was talking about the RP System, Jeax is trying that one out.

if that works out nicely, I will concider doing it here also.

Ah, gotcha...right right