Odan-Urr Regular Run On

Socorra

06-07-2013 11:36:38

Run-on Competition: The Chain of Duty

This will be a unscripted runon event. Each unit will have two teams: the special forces runon, where only members of the special forces may post, and the regular runon, where all members (even those in the special forces) may post. The Special Forces runons will be the official submission for qualitative judging.

Regular rules:

1. 250 word minimum per post.
2. 1000 word maximum per post.
3. Players must post a minimum of 2 times.
4. Players may post as many times as they desire.
5. Edits may occur on a post until a follow on post has been made (follow on posts include "reserving" a space). Only the author may edit their post on the forums. Admin use on the forums during the run on is expressly prohibited for participants. (Email Sarin and myself for anything)
6. Members may reserve post, but no posts can occur until after the reserved post is written.
7. The event will be graded by Raken, Sarin, and Muz using a rubric that focuses on creativity, plot development, realism, and grammar.
8. (Special Forces) Only two members of the Special Forces will be permitted to sit this event out.
9. Members failing to post 2 x times per phase will be disqualified and will not be given credit for participating in the event.

Kal

10-07-2013 00:02:58

Sith Space
Svolten Orbit
NSD Invicta
36 ABY

"Enemy fighter craft are in retreat," Cethgus called up to his Proconsul. The Zabrak's face held an excited expression as he looked on the orbital scans, seeing the pinpoints of One Sith deployments.

"Keep your guard up; they may be luring us into a trap." Marick Arconae's face held a pensive look, and one of cautious wisdom; it gave his Hapan features an odd sense of age. "Prepare our forces for deployment." He looked down at the Zabrak with a piercing gaze. "I want them wearing sealed armor. All of them; if any of your rivals 'forget,' we'll be having a chat."

The Zabrak nodded, his look souring as he departed; Marick had already forgotten him. Looking to his own monitors, to the read-outs of the planet, he couldn't help but feel a tremor of excitement. Down there, on that noxious world, a mere detachment of soldiers held back an insanely valuable world. Arcona had been victorious, but victory came at a cost; soldiers needed weapons and armor, ships and vehicles needed repairs. Thanks to surrendering soldiers and mercenaries, their forces had grown, and now they needed to be resupplied. Svolten would see to that nicely.

He looked closer to the monitor, at a blinking light on the screen. Down there, on the so-called "Facility 37," they would find the real prize.

"Sir?" An Officer flickered to holographic blue existence. "We've picked up a... well, a blip."

"Could you be more specific?" Marick asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, Sir, we almost missed it. At first, we thought it was a cloud, but for a moment there..." He shook his head. "For a moment, it almost registered as the cross-section of a shuttle. Probably just an anomaly."

The Proconsul closed his eyes for a moment, panning his senses toward Svolten. Madness, anger, the taint of darkness... and a flicker of determination?

His eyes snapped open as he recognized the final flicker. Hope. "Captain, be on the lookout for anything unusual down there. We may have more enemies than previously expected." He looked at the screen again as the hologram clicked off.

"Mithfaron," He said to himself, "What could you be up to down there?"

Svolten
Surface - Night Side

Liam brushed himself off as he looked to the others, checking the seal on his adapted flight suit. "Everyone here?"

"We're all present and accounted for," Morotheri replied, his own suit closer to a radiation outfit. "Alright, Jedi, let's get our briefing together. We're...," His words trailed off as a dropship thundered through the sky nearby. Followed by another, and another, and another.

The seal of Clan Arcona was terrible and bold against the darkened durasteel of the vessels, each flanked by starfighters and bombers as they descended toward the planet surface. It was a breathtaking sight, one that the Jedi took in from the cover of darkness as they dove for cover. The Shadow Clan had deployed its considerable might to this world, their approach no doubt just as terrible to the One Sith as it was to the Knights below. They would be ready; this world was about to become a warzone, and the Jedi alone had no army.

They did, however, possess one advantage. The Force was their ally, and a powerful ally it could be.

"So, what now?" Tur'el alone looked normal with anti-ox gear. "We all know that the Sith are here for this world's resources. Both sides of them." He kept his saber, chitinous and black of hilt, in his grip just in case. "They'll be trying to kill one another as soon as the Arconans deploy. We also know," he continued, "That they're after something else. Something far worse."

"Indeed," Liam said, a knowing gleam in his eye. "Rejoin Raiju, and be ready to find out what that is. The rest of us will move toward Arconan positions to scout the area."

"Why do I get the feeling that we're going to war?" Morotheri asked, looking nervously at his leader. The eccentric old man never failed to unnerve him.

"We're not." The Consular replied, smiling. "They came here for resources, Morotheri, which means they'll need all of what they have."

"So... what's the plan?" Morotheri asked, his mind wandering. "Aside from getting between two hungry groups of Sith, gunning for each other at every turn?"

"It's simple, really," Liam replied. "We stay back, stay quiet, and observe. While breaking every gun we can get our hands on."

Pacifism by sabotage. Of course. The Miraluka could only suppress a feeling of dread, oddly wound around one of excitement. Lately, all of Liam's plans had involved diving headlong into danger and going toe-to-toe with enemies far above their calibre. Always, they relied upon the daring and the impossible.

If only one of the plans would ever actually fail. On that day, his arguments might hold some merit.

Putra

13-07-2013 02:03:14

Svolten
Night Side,
Odan-urr Staging Grounds

"So... what's the plan?" Morotheri asked, his mind wandering. "Aside from getting between two hungry groups of Sith, gunning for each other at every turn?"

"It's simple, really," Liam replied. "We stay back, stay quiet, and observe. While breaking every gun we can get our hands on."

Putra listening on over the soft hiss of his O2 mask, “I can tell you all with utmost certainty that both the One Sith and Arcona know we are here and will be expecting us.” Putra just left Arcona himself and joined Odan-Urr just over a standard week before landing on Svolten. “I took part in the conquest of Rhelg and Bhargebba, I know the tactics Arcona will use here, we do not stand a chance fighting both groups.” Putra exclaims.

“I believe your stating the obvious” Liam looks on at the Prelate, “again we will wait and see what happens, for this I need a small scout team to relay enemy moments and positions.” the Battlelord continued, “I will also organize everyone else into multiple cells, the main mission for everyone else will be to harass the enemies as much as possible, hitting their supple lines, ammo and weapon drops and any and everything else we can do to ware down the Arconan and One Sith forces.”

“I voluntary to lead one of the harassment teams, Ill get board just watching everyone else have all the fun.” Putra remarks.

“This is not about FUN Putra, remember your a Jedi now, conflict may become a duties or ours, but its not to be something to relish in, this is a task, a job, not a hobby.” Liam scolds Putra.