Independence Games 2005

Kraznor

20-05-2005 00:02:20

This being my first independence games, I was wondering how you compete in the comps once you have registered.
Can you submit two works for the same comp?

Alanna

20-05-2005 05:29:54

This being my first independence games, I was wondering how you compete in the comps once you have registered.
Can you submit two works for the same comp?

To compete in the comps you just write the entry and submit it through the IG website. I can't exactly remember the layout of the new site, but there should be a submit button for each comp.

Being allowed to submit twice for a comp is very unlikely. In general, you can submit one entry for each competition within the IGs. Obviously there are exceptions, but in those cases the competition will normally state that it will accept multiple entries.

If there's a specific comp you're wondering about, you could always e-mail whoever's running it to check?

Alanna

20-05-2005 05:30:50

Hmm... I need to change my icon and my sig file :P

Kraznor

21-05-2005 07:58:45

What type of competition is the Independece Games categorised as (ie Clan comp, etc)?

Anonymous

21-05-2005 09:01:42

Because our Allies RS(Rebel Squadrons) is involved in the comp it is an inter-club competition.

In the past the IG has been considered a DB-wide competition but with the addition of the RS to the IG it has gone above that.

;) I assume your asking this due to the CSK advancement requirements. I want to inform you at this moment that they are guidelines for younger members and aren't always followed to the exact text. If you compete in a number of events, score high, or even take 1st place this will count towards your next promotion and depending on the activity it could range from low to high merit for your next promotion.

Kraznor

21-05-2005 19:19:44

Because our Allies RS(Rebel Squadrons) is involved in the comp it is an inter-club competition.

In the past the IG has been considered a DB-wide competition but with the addition of the RS to the IG it has gone above that.

;) I assume your asking this due to the CSK advancement requirements. I want to inform you at this moment that they are guidelines for younger members and aren't always followed to the exact text. If you compete in a number of events, score high, or even take 1st place this will count towards your next promotion and depending on the activity it could range from low to high merit for your next promotion.

Thanks that mainly what I was after but also the award info