Remake IV V & VI?

Jaymz

09-05-2005 21:58:27

Should they remake the first 3 episodes. Despite the orginality of the 3 films I highly doubt the Empires AT-ST's were better than the Republics. It's like they down-graded and ruins the movie. Unless they remake it like they seem to be doing to so many other movies I.E. The Longest Yard, Walking Tall, ect....

Uzbad

10-05-2005 00:18:46

Never!

Issard

10-05-2005 01:16:52

No, I like the idea that things seem more dirty and grungy in the original trilogy. It makes it seem like the rise of the Empire brought about a slow down in technological advancement. He didn't exactly let alien races work to their full potential. It definitely made it seem like the galaxy had gotten a lot "darker".

Requite deSaiah

10-05-2005 02:24:59

Leave classics alone I say!

Lech

10-05-2005 07:35:25

As far as technology goes, I agree with you. I still think the weapons in the originals are cool though. Unfortunately, there are intangebles that you cannot recreate. For example, who would you get to play Han? I really don't think anyone would be able to play that part without getting a lot of flak. The same goes for all the other characters.

Then it comes to Darth Vader. It is great how he is in the 3rd movie, although I'm not exactly sure how much (in his suit) but from what I have seen, he looks really skinny. His neck is like a pencil. If they cast a Darth Vader like that for the original remake, then I have a hard time believing anybody is going to be afraid of Vader's pencil-neck apearance.

Anyway, long story short. I would love for them to just keep making movies. New movies. I've thought about them making a tv series, but I can't see how they would be able to do it without making it suck. They would need mucho money in order to make a TV series cool.

~Lech

Xhedias

10-05-2005 07:40:41

I dunno lech, I was watching RotJ last night on the TV, and it seemed to look like that the vader was pretty chubby, that and he had a high pitched voice compared to his suits voice. :P

Muz Ashen

10-05-2005 08:22:43

They actually explain the dirtiness away...
The Empire's equipment was supplied by a planet near the Camino cloners... a planet willing and capable to make standard equipment on short notice for cheap enough to supply a clone army...

you can see the difference in equipment between the sleek naboo ship of the queen versus the bulky and clunky troop transports for the republic's army.

Remember, military equipment is generally provided by the lowest bidder.

And with a clone army of stormtroopers, the equipment doesn't have to be good...as they're not worried about troop loss as much.

Jaymz

10-05-2005 11:48:43

I am torn between not and doing, cause i love the orginals though I do love the remakes of older movies. Did you hear George is making a 3-D version of the orginals.

Xizor

10-05-2005 13:05:57

No freaking way! Lucas has already [Expletive Deleted F-word]ed the originals up too much with his idiotic changes to the script! LEAVE-THEM-BE.

Uzbad

10-05-2005 13:23:14

A 3D version?
*faints*
I am still fuming that the theatricals aren't on DVD, and that I dont have them on VHS! I was pissed off when i saw the Special editions, then compared them to the thaetricals.

And Darth Vader only makes 1 or 2 scenes in his suit, the rest is as anakin. (in RoTS)

Jaymz

10-05-2005 13:33:16

Sucks that Vader only makes sevral appearences, but maybe its for the best. Yes indeed he is making 3-D versions of the original, i read it in an Entertainment Weekly magazine. And i also agree he [Expletive Deleted F-word]ed the orginals up too much already.

Kaine Mandaala

10-05-2005 22:09:38

I'd read there is going to be a Star Wars 3D animated series but saw no mention of it being a remake of the original trilogy.

Muz is correct - the equipment in ANH-ROTJ is dirty and nasty because it's military-issue during a time of war.

Xizor

11-05-2005 00:00:44

Ι never really liked the cleanliness of the Naboo starfighters, for example. They looked like toys.

Jaymz

11-05-2005 11:58:22

I liked the first Jedi Starfighers. It would be cool to make like a half an hour long Star Wars show every week. It wouldn't be cartoon or anything like that, it would be like the movies. They could really progress the story that way.

Lech

11-05-2005 13:24:01

I agree. I would like a weekly show BUT that would be very difficult to pull off successfully because of all the 3d computer technology they use for background scenery and aliens and such.

Jaymz

11-05-2005 13:26:39

I know that would be the only obstacle to get around. How bout a one hour show 1nce a month?

Muz Ashen

12-05-2005 12:51:23

Anyone see any fanfilms?

shoestring budget, but some of them have really awesome plots and acting... others less so...but still.

If they can do reasonable work on almost no budget, Lucas can get somewhere if he tapped their talent and hired script-writers (better than him writing his own lame-arse dialogue).

Kschamehellan

12-05-2005 13:29:36

I have seen some of the fanfilms on some random web sites and I have to say they aren't as bad as you'd expect. If they'd make a show or a running Star Wars series using the low budget fan versions I'd watch it, might add a new dimension or some fresh air to the standard films.

Uzbad

12-05-2005 18:31:06

GL did say he was moving SW to tv. One animated and one live acting.

Jaymz

12-05-2005 21:16:49

I would rather have real life, i've already had enough of animated

Uzbad

12-05-2005 22:21:40

Theres what one animated thing? I've never even seen any of it. What pisses me off about Clone Wars, is that non-SW fans try to convince me its better than the movies. I ask which movies and they talk about Jar Jar binks. The downfall of having the worst movies being the ones that people watch first.

Callus

13-05-2005 10:16:24

ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?!

Why would you ever even think of such a thing BLASPHEMY!!!

Gaidal Dupar

13-05-2005 11:36:28

I was still hoping that it would be possible to shoot the three last movies, Episodes VI, VII & IX. But with a cast that is almost odler than Yoda, I think that will never happen. Remaking the other Episodes? I don't think so, it would be like the Roman-Catholic Church giving Jesus Christ a full make-over. Out of the question, besides the style and atmosphere of those episodes are outstanding. I never saw that in the first two. Only Obi-Wan (Ewan McGregor) seemed to reach that level of entertainment.

By the way, are the stormtroopers really clones? I thought so, but wasn't sure.

And is it true of Lucas, that he is shooting a real SW serie?

In case he would like to shoot another set of films ------------> use the amazing story of KOTOR on Revan. It's even better than the original movies and contain a lot more Sith.

Xanos

13-05-2005 12:38:02

I really don't get the problem people have with remaking films... there'd be nothing to stop you still being able to watch the originals if you wanted to. There have been a lot of films that have been remade and generally, at least in my opinion, the remakes are a lot more popular for the generation they're made for. I personally would prefer to see Star Wars live on and see a full revival of interest among a new generation of children rather than have it become something for grandparents and the middle-aged. I already dislike how the bulk of OT fans tend to be older rather than younger. They won't ever be remade though, not in George Lucas's lifetime. I'd rather see Episodes 7, 8 and 9 but those are never happening unless George Lucas sells the rights to somebody else. As for what is happening there seems to be some confusion:

The OT are being re-released in 3D. That means they're being upgraded to digital technology- they're not being remade. It'll be the exact same film. Though it probably means that we'll see the proper versions of the Special Editions the way George Lucas wanted them to be, not the forced early release versions that he was rushed into doing last decade.

They are making a 3D (as in: CGI) animated series of the existing Clone Wars cartoons. Basically they're just remaking the Clone Wars cartoons but using CGI. They are also planning a live action TV series in a few years that is apparently going to be produced by Kevin Smith (aka. Silent Bob). Its currently looking like it will cover some of the Jedi Purge and be set between the events of Episode III and Episode IV.

Jaymz

13-05-2005 20:09:39

If you can get the newest edition of Entertainment Weekly, the one with Anakin taking up the entire cover. It has a time line and said a while back that George hinted that he might make two more trilogies, well we already have 1(being I, II, and III) So it is possible that they could make a VII VIII and a IX.

Xanos

14-05-2005 15:43:30

He said that back in the 80s when he first made the OT, yes, as he originally planned for Star Wars to be a "Trilogy of Trilogies". He then started saying the prequel trilogy was never likely to happen. Then he did the SEs and made enough money to decide to go back and do the prequel trilogy.

He's made very clear in the last two years though that he's had enough of film making and that there won't be a sequel trilogy. It won't be happening in George Lucas's lifetime, that much is pretty certain it seems. If anything don't expect it for another 20 years. We'll be seeing 3D re-releases of the OT and PT from 2008 to 2012. So that's another 7 years to wait at the very minimum. Plug on another 3 years for development of Ep 7 and you're looking at 2015 at the EARLIEST IF he ever decided to do a sequel trilogy.

Plug on another 3 years for Ep8: 2018. Another 3 for Ep 9: 2021. That's another 16 years.

That's pretty much why George doesn't want to do them. He could quite easily die during that period. He's already getting on in years. To commit himself (at least this early) to a project that wouldn't be finished for another 16 years is quite a big thing to do as you can't predict your health at that age that well, and the last thing he would ever want to happen is 1. to never get a chance to enjoy his life (aka. spend all the money he's made) and 2. start a trilogy but not finish it. He's done that once, he started E4-6 then it almost ended up that he was never going to complete it with Ep1-3. I wouldn't expect to see him say anything about Ep7-9 until 2015. If he's feeling up to it then, is running short on money, and his health is holding up in a good enough state that he thinks he's fit enough for directing again, then I can imagine he might well make it. But I wouldn't hold your breath.

He said it took him whole days to write a single page of script for Ep3 at times. He's obviously running low on ideas and is pushing himself hard to make the fans like it rather than hate it. That's gotta be rather stressful. He probably doesn't want to give people false hope, because when you're getting on for 80 would you really want to be doing really heavy workload directing and getting yourself into a 9 year film project?

Its a matter of putting reality into perspective really. The guys just too old to be sure that he'd be able to finish it, and I dont think he's the sort of person that would want to end his life with an unfinished work. That might have worked for people like Tolkien but Lucas has always struck me as the kind of guy who wants his story to be complete. He's changed his tune a lot in the past couple of years, saying all 6 films were always about Anakin, not Luke, and that it was always Anakin's story. That's pretty much his justification for why there won't be a sequel trilogy, because Anakin's dead.

Sykes

15-05-2005 21:54:26

Honestly..I could care less if they remade the OT *IF* they give me the Original Trilogy, without the changed voices and extra on the current DVDs, first or along with it. But what Ive really wanted all along was to have the books made into a series or movies. The Thrawn Trilogy or the X-wing series would have me jumping up and down. Especially the X-wing series. To have a show that isnt completly about Skywalker and his family would be nice. Really for that series you only need to replace one person we've seen in the films. Wedge. Simple enough if you ask me. Just have the writers of the books assist in the filming or whatever and boom. Instant movie/tv series.

Or you can do a TV series about an Imperial officer going through training and up through ranks and either have him change to rebel or do a side story about a rebel officer and having the two as mortal enemies. But ya know...

Jaymz

15-05-2005 22:02:39

By 2012 they would have screwed the first tri up so bad i won't even want to watchem any more

Oberst

16-05-2005 03:05:29

Err...Goat, even before he did the remakes of the original trilogy, Mr. Lucas was listed on Forbes' list of the 100 wealthiest men in the world. Doing the special editions and the prequels has done nothing but catapult LucasFilm, Ltd. to the top 10 ranking of privately owned business entities. It wasn't so much a money matter for Mr. Lucas, but a combination of desire and technology.

Sato Khan

16-05-2005 12:37:08

I say leave well enough alone. The trilogy are classics, and Lord Lucas needs to stop messing around with them.

Muz Ashen

16-05-2005 12:49:55

lucas is going to do what he wants... which is why he is single-handedliy writing and directing the movies... as opposed to tESB and RotJ... which some might say is why tPM and AotC were, shall we say, sub-par.

Wherever there is money to be made, there will be people to make it.

If it takes Lucas dying, it'll take longer, but there will be movies, tv shows, etc.

Whether or not they are any good...well, that's another question.

Jaymz

16-05-2005 13:19:25

I hope there is a 3rd trilogy but there is so many books after the first one its gonna be hard

karrel

09-07-2005 17:05:36

I have always thought of a remake of the original. Though so much effort went into those ones that i dont think George would like that very much. I do kinda wish he remakes those because we need a more update and modern version of the original. And NO animation. Cartoons are strictly a no no... lol i hate them. X-)

Alanna

09-07-2005 18:47:51

NO!!! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no :S

/me shakes head.

Now... if you could get someone to remake Eps I, II, and III so that they're actually good.... that I would go for :P

Aabsdu

09-07-2005 20:08:43

There's no way they could remake the originals. Without the awesome original actors it would suck. The bad effects is what makesit so cool. If they remake them I might stop liking Star Wars, maybe not but I wouldn't be happy.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shinichi Endymiron K

09-07-2005 23:42:15

One compound word: Yuuzhan Vong

The actors are 30 years older than when Episode IV came out so they look right for the time period. Plus the Vong are the most badass antagonists in the Star Wars Universe. Starting off those movies you'd have the sense of desparation that you had with Episodes IV-VI. The fall of Coruscant would be heartbreaking and the discovery of (so as not to spoil anything more) that other place ;) would be wonderous to say the least. Plus they'd all be WAY darker than whatever that dumbass GL thought passed for dark in RotS. And they could have H.R. Giger do the concept art for the Vong. That would p\/\/n. The End.

Aabsdu

10-07-2005 12:36:59

I think thoes would make great movies! One maybe two movies about the Yuuzhang Vong War. Love the idea!! :alien:

Vodo

12-07-2005 17:47:51

>The actors are 30 years older than when Episode IV came out so they look right for the time period.

This is true, but there is a fundamental problem with it. Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil and Carrie Fischer have all stated at one time or another that they'd never act in another Star Wars film. Especially Harrison, he loathed his character. But I do have say, the Yhazun Vong invasion would make a good series of films, but due to its intricasy and length, Movies could never fully make the plot appreiciated. If they were made into a Large Seires of Made-for-TV-Films, done with the quality that is put into current Sci-Fi Shows, then I do believe it would turn out well enough.

Some one mentioned earlier that a TV live action show would never live up to expectations due to budget issues. Thats not true. Look at Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica, (it pains me to say this) the Newer Star Trek, Their all well done and look flawless.

Aabsdu

13-07-2005 14:12:14

What station would run a show like star wars. It just isn't drama like these others.

Mike Halcyon

13-07-2005 17:01:16

Um... everyone? Honestly - Star Wars equals money, one way or another.

Vessicant

13-07-2005 18:04:50

LOL. Well said, Alanna. Remake Eps 1,2, and 3 so they're good. But yes, leave the original trilogy alone.

Now, about the Stormtroopers. I don't think they're all clones, in fact I doubt that there are many clone one's left...lot's of attrition over the years. Why would the Emperor (who we know to be xenophobic) pay and trust in a bunch of aliens for more time than he has to? The galaxy is full of normally born humans who can just be reeducated to follow Imperial doctrine. Besides which, the sheer size of the Empire necessitates the use of non-clones. It would be way too expensive otherwise.

Jaymz

13-07-2005 20:14:26

I still think they should make a TV Star Wars series, thats RL< maybe showing the adventures of Obi and Anakin through the Clone wars, though Hayden, I think is still doing Higher Ground, and Ewan's on a hot streak

Muz Ashen

13-07-2005 23:15:49

For those who said that kind of plot isn't doable for sci-fi on a tv budget, i have one word.

Farscape.

'nuff said.

Jaymz

14-07-2005 14:43:15

Budget, at this point Georgy could pretty much do whatever he wants without the budget factor weighing in.

Xanos

15-07-2005 06:46:53

Well Palpatine doesn't just rely on the Kaminoans for clones. He later turns to his own cloning centers under Imperial control using Spaati cloning cylinders. The cloning chamber in Mount Tantiss on Wayland springs to mind. The difference with Spaati clones though is they're grown much faster, in a matter of weeks, but suffer from all kinds of ill fated side affects, like going mad, or being insane, which might account for why lots of stormtroopers can't shoot straight when it gets to the original trilogy period.

Its also a somewhat accepted fact that Palpatine doesn't just stick to Jango Fett as the template for clones... over the years he gradually introduces new sources for them so by the time of the original trilogy there are probably a number of different types of clone running around. It says something about the Jango Fett tissue sample needing to be replenished every so often as it only lasts for a certain length of time, thats why they kept Jango at Kamino, so after he was killed Palpatine probably had to go and start looking for a new genetic template for when the Jango resources ran out in a few years time. Its presumed that during the original trilogy some stormtroopers were also non-clones, particuarly the commanders and officers, to introduce an element of free thought. They would have been the ones to have gone to the Carrida military training academy. Still clones would have continued to be the main source for regular cannon fodder stormtroopers. No military academy could train the millions needed to protect the entire galaxy.

Lucas doesn't have any money problems no... though I recon in a decade he'll be getting lonely for more money. He'll do Indiana Jones 4 first, milk that for all its worth, then start feeling bad when its not raining money from above. I don't see remakes or sequels as something he'd give permission for anybody else ever to do as that would mean letting somebody else mess with his story, but I think in time he'll relax the restrictions on the general rule of not allowing others to make Star Wars films. George Lucas will always be the creator of the core saga, the 'Tragedy of Darth Vader Sexology' so to speak, Eps 1 to 6, but I think he'll probably eventually let people make random one off films about different periods.

Eps 7 to 9 are still possible... he said for a long time he'd never do Eps 1 to 3. He clearly just doesn't want to make any commitments else people will hound him to hurry up and complete them. If he chooses to do them, and it is still an if scenario, I wouldn't expect him to start for another ten years or so, as he'll milk the existing sexology first with its cinema 3D rereleases that run all the way to 2012. I have this feeling though that things like X-Men that want to become sexologies, so does Spiderman, rather than trilogies, might encourage Lucas to push his to a nin...ninology? I dont even know what the word is. Right now he's able to claim he's the creator of pretty much the only well know film sexology, maybe even the only film sexology, I don't know of any other films off hand. I know you could argue lots of horror flicks like Halloween have dozens of films but... meh... thats slightly different. But he's the only person with a well know sexology. When other film makers start shifting from the trilogy to the sexology I think it might make him feel like making Star Wars special again though.

Jaymz

16-07-2005 11:08:51

Dammit Xanos you have to warn us before you do that my eyes hurt now.....anyways, yeah.

Lucian

19-08-2005 14:52:18

LOL.  Well said, Alanna.  Remake Eps 1,2, and 3 so they're good.  But yes, leave the original trilogy alone.

Now, about the Stormtroopers.  I don't think they're all clones, in fact I doubt that there are many clone one's left...lot's of attrition over the years.  Why would the Emperor (who we know to be xenophobic) pay and trust in a bunch of aliens for more time than he has to?  The galaxy is full of normally born humans who can just be reeducated to follow Imperial doctrine.  Besides which, the sheer size of the Empire necessitates the use of non-clones.  It would be way too expensive otherwise.

totaly agree they dont need to be remade just add the scens that are supposed to be added like palps dissolving the senate yoda feeling a disturbance
vader apologizeing to the emperor for letting the death star be destroyed etc.
and for phucks sake change the greedo shooting first scene

Revenant

25-08-2005 14:09:50

I am still fuming that the theatricals aren't on DVD, and that I dont have them on VHS! I was pissed off when i saw the Special editions, then compared them to the thaetricals.

the theatricals are available in the UK. they're exclusive to HMV stores and they come in a gold box instead of silver. check e-bay. if u see the dvd box set in gold it should be the theatrical releases.

Ethen

27-08-2005 18:35:43

My brother is a complete Phucking idiot for posting this topic. leave the old ones alone and change the new ones. oh you guys already said that, okay I am leaving now *pouts*

Trooper Kale

18-01-2006 09:50:41

the first three eipisodes have already been remade once by george lucas to make the films look better (but that really isn't a remake just a touchup). but they should not remake the orignial films. they are great the way they are.

Ikusa Proujekuto Thanato

18-01-2006 10:41:50

yea, the first trilogy was great.

"Luke... i am your father!"
"NNOOOOOOOO!"

you can't recreate that with the same umph!

anyway i heard a rumor that George was moving away from the original storyline and going to another part of the universe where there is another struggle against light and dark, with completely different characters!

(in the end it will probably end up with the lightside winning, which always sucks!) :@

Trooper Kale

18-01-2006 15:30:23

yea, the first trilogy was great.

"Luke... i am your father!"
"NNOOOOOOOO!"

you can't recreate that with the same umph!

anyway i heard a rumor that George was moving away from the original storyline and going to another part of the universe where there is another struggle against light and dark, with completely different characters!

(in the end it will probably end up with the lightside winning, which always sucks!) :@

yeah i heard that to. i wonder. *thinks for several hours* i don't know but its bound to be good.

Werdna Elbee

18-01-2006 19:51:46

I'd rather see an all Ewok re-re-re-release special edition than see remakes

Trooper Kale

18-01-2006 21:06:13

well they did make a movie that was all about ewoks and was on endor the entire time. it came out int the 1990's i think check that out for an all ewok moviw.

Revenant

19-01-2006 08:55:37

Yeah, they also had the Ewoks cartoon...

Trooper Kale

19-01-2006 16:32:16

an ewok cartoon.

Werdna Elbee

19-01-2006 16:40:04

Yeah, they also had the Ewoks cartoon...

You can guess that I know about the cartoon

Trooper Kale

20-01-2006 10:47:05

okay why make an ewoks cartoon.

Revenant

22-01-2006 09:13:03

Kids loved the Ewoks. Space teddy bears kicking lumps out of a battle hardenend imperial army. Kids love that sort of stuff. It was way popular at the time. It's recently released on DVD, along with the 'Droids' cartoon...

Akhara_Kiddo

22-01-2006 13:52:55

I don't think so, the older episodes are great, I love Harrison Ford, Carry Fisher and Mark Hamill.. plus the lack of special effects (well there are a lot, but I mean comparing the old movies with the new ones) makes it very very refreshing.. I don't know about you guys, but I think ROTS and TCW has far too many effects.. starting from those cheesy Anakin's love scenes with Padmé in Naboo.

Revenant

22-01-2006 14:25:06

One thing I noticed between Ep II & III, Padme's acting got a helluva lot worse for EpIII. And Anakin's got a helluva lot better. And okay, so he's never gonna win an oscar for his performance, but it's better than it was in AOTC.

But yeah, the prequels are TOO effects driven. In EpI, the only shot in the film that didn't have any computer effects was the bit where you see the gas coming out the vent at the start, on the Neimoidian ship, where they try to gas Kenobi and Qui Gon...

Akhara_Kiddo

22-01-2006 19:15:57

Another thing guys.. did you notice how bad the dialogues became in ROTS at some point?? like geez!!! example:

Padmé : Anakin you're breaking my heart ---> cheesy and overacted, it's almost like she's pinching herself to get tears out of her eyes.

Anakin: if you're not with me, then you're against me! ---> no sh*t Einstein!! lol I know a Sith only thinks in absolutes, but I'm sure they could have come up with a better phrase than that one.

Anakin: This is where the fun begins! --> come on!! that's Solo's phrase, don't steal it!

In the old ones, the dialogue between characters was faaar better, take my favorite phrase from all the saga:

Vader: I find your lack of faith very disturbing.. ---> sweet!!

In the new ones, we don't really get cool phrases like that, except the one in my signature :P

And yes, Padmé's acting sucked in ROTS, it was like now she's just a silly housewife or something like that.. what happened to the chick who kicked butt in AOTC? Anakin on the otherside got better yes, or at least this time we don't get a clumsy dummy-looking face he had whenever Obi Wan would say he did something wrong.

etc... Now that you get to think about it, Mark Hamill's performance gets better with the other movies too, in the first one he wasn't that good.. In ROTJ he's waaaaay better!

Revenant

22-01-2006 21:43:33

Hamill's acting in ROTJ was better than the others, yeah, but Luke annoyed me a little in that film. He just seemed to be a little pansy-boy. Okay, an ass-kicking pansy-boy, but a pnasy-boy nonetheless...