May Madness!

Troutrooper

17-05-2014 21:15:06

To satiate the fantasy needs of all, check out https://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/competitions/7793. I will email you a bracket once you enter.

Good luck; have fun!

Troutrooper

19-05-2014 02:12:40

Four entries submitted. Quick breakdown of the final four...

(Note: The colors are based on the brackets I sent out. Should make sense regardless.)

Green regional: Jac was the overwhelming favorite with 9 picks. Aabs, Cethgus, Rathus, Tarax, and Valt each received one pick.
Turquoise regional: Aidan received half the picks, 7 out of 14 boards. Troutrooper received 2 (though not from TT; idiot fish) as did Legz. Callus, Solari, and Teroch each received one pick.
Peach regional: All but one board had an Arconan winning. Wally received 5 picks, Tim got 4, Atty got 3, Sight got 1, and Revak--the lone non-Arconan picked--got one.
Gray regional: A third Taldryan gets the most picks in a regional as Halc was selected on 7 boards. Wuntila came in second with 4, Kz'set got 2, and A'lora nabbed 1.

Finals: Aidan claimed first on 4 boards, Jac got 3 firsts, and Halc got 2. Callus, Legz, Solari, Teroch, and Wally each claimed one win each. Five boards had Taldryan sweeping the podium, and two had Arcona claiming all three novae.

Good luck; have fun!

Solari

19-05-2014 17:52:08

Sorry to break someone's heart, but whoever picked me for a win is wrong :P

Brimstone

21-05-2014 13:02:17

Lol. I know I don't have any taly taking any of the 4 spots

Troutrooper

29-05-2014 00:45:48

Score update!

All 16 first-round duels have been judged. Scores for our ACC bracket are...

Aidan and Yacks are tied at the top with 14 points. Chaosrain, Halc, Kz'set, Mirus, Sight, and Wuntila all have 13 points. Brimstone, Legz, Taranae, and TT each have 12. Adeodatus, Alaris, and Wally are at 11. And Aiden Dru is a bit behind with 9.

(Yes, thats 16 entrants. We had a couple late entries, which will be scored but cannot place.)

Most correctly picked winner: Jac. Taranae did admirably against one of the DB's best, but all our money was on Jac.
Most incorrectly picked winner: Kell Palpatine. Only 2 people picked the Guardian to defeat the Primarch. But time catches up to us old folks sometimes, and Dante lagged out. Tough luck.
Busted brackets? None so far; that is, we all have our final four intact. Some had Dante winning multiple matches (myself included) and a couple others have some names further down the line already crossed out. But no one is out of it, not by a long shot.

Quick note on scoring: I'm counting this round as round 1. There will be seven rounds, scored as follows:
R1: 1 point per correct pick
R2: 2 pts
R3: 4 pts
R4: 8 pts
R5 ("regional finals"): 16 pts
R6 ("national semi-finals"): 32 pts
R7: ("national championship"): 64 pts
Apologies for any confusion.

Good luck in round 2!

Brimstone

29-05-2014 23:00:13

Taranae did exceptional. she nearly pulled off the upset. 4.45 to 5.00. extremely close battle