ACC Suggestions/Feedback

Aidan Kincaid

13-01-2013 22:28:20

This thread is designed to allow all members, young and old, to post their feedback and suggestions about the ACC, it's rules, its structure, and anything else ACC-related you can think of.

What this thread is not designed for is a place to fight over various opinions or attack/target past (or present) members of the ACC Staff. This is a chance for everyone to get their voices heard before we begin work on overhauling the ACC.

If you'd prefer to keep your thoughts or ideas private, just send me an email directly and I'll take a look. That said, make your suggestions. Constructive criticism would be appreciated, but if you just have a gripe about something you can let that fly too.

Tarax Kor

13-01-2013 22:32:26

keep the qualifications/training!

(dick.)

Xathia

14-01-2013 11:46:30

Would be helpful to understand the new ranks :P everything on the wiki and ACC site is to do with the old ones.

Kaira Rohana

14-01-2013 12:34:37

Make rules easyer to understand and something I think we could use ACC for Dumbys. LOL I know the ACC is fun for some but for others like my self I am always wondering if what I do and dont do is right. I am never sure what I can and cant do. I know read more acc battles but that dose not help me much. Maybe a better way to say it isnt acc for dumbys but a cheat sheet on little things to keep in mind. Any way I am sure things will get done and the ACC will be better for the changes.

Valhavoc

14-01-2013 14:03:40

Use a system similar to what was in place for Horizons for people to register for ACC Battles.

It seems like right now unless you've already found someone to "fight" in the ACC there's not really a random generated fight option. Let someone sign up, allow the option for them to decide they'd like a similar rank battle (an opponent one rank up or down from them), then match them with others who have signed up. Just like in the Vendetta you can't register a second time until your first request is processed (to keep the system from overloading).

Raiju

16-01-2013 20:45:18

I second Val's post. Some sort of matching system would be great. Whether its just a google form or actually in the site, I don't really care. But I do agree it is hard to use it outside of vendettas cause you cant seem to find the people who are looking for a battle.

Andrelious

25-01-2013 07:59:56

We talked about ACC Open challenges, which is similar years ago. It was seen as a good-ish idea but didn't get implemented.

As for suggestions..open the ACC? :P

Solari

29-01-2013 17:39:34

I used to love ACCLive! It was about the only form of ACC I was good at at the time (I specialize in short posts :P).

If that could come back in some form or another, I would send you a cake*.

*that was a lie.

Locke

29-01-2013 19:22:36

Does this thread include character sheet suggestions?

Also, I really, really like battles with other factors than just the two combatants and a standard environment. It's really neat when, say, each combatant has something else to help them, like in the GJWX duels, or when there's an active world around you, like fighting in a city with civilians and troops appearing here and there.

Solari

29-01-2013 20:07:45

It couldn't hurt to suggest CS ideas, since that'll be worked on too (either through the ACC changes or because of the new site.)

That worst that will happen is your idea won't be used.

Locke

30-01-2013 14:20:56

Well, I was thinking, if there's ever some sort of CS revamp it would be cool if newbie members started with enough skill points to make a good, non-Force sensitive character, but still started as an absolute newb in Force training. This would allow people to write a bit about their background realistically. I mean, as it is, it seems like a Novice has so few points that the CS options they have basically assume they graduated high school and immediately found the DB, but that would be highly unrealistic.

This would also allow newbies to contribute more to Runons, where currently it seems like they have no useful skills and often have to sit and watch or toss rocks at the enemy or whatever. I think it would be a lot more fun if they could, say, wield a blaster competently or something like that.

Just my two cents, hope I don't derail the topic.