An Idea For Easier Competition Location.

Brujah

08-04-2005 03:38:05

First things first, given that I am a noob here I may just not understand the system correctly, but the way I understand the competitions page is that in order to find out which competitions you can and cannot enter you have to open each individual competition description and find out what Clans/Houses the challenge applies to. While this may not be a problem for most (I'm sure most people have cable internet by now) it takes a while to load all those challenges on a dial up connection, just to find out if you can even join it.

So here's my idea for a solution. A new Competition page, where the competitions aren't listed, but the Clans and Houses are. Click the name of your Clan/House and it links you to all the Competitions that apply to that Clan/House. I think that this would save a lot of time not only for those of us on dial up, but for everyone. I'm no web page designer or anything, but I'm sure it couldn't be that hard. Like I said before, just an idea from a noob.

Aidan Kincaid

08-04-2005 03:49:30

Most people go by who created the competition. If they're in your House/Clan it's more likely the competition is for you. Of course, your house and clan summit (AED, QUA, PCON, CON) should be sending emails, etc about any competitions being run in clan.

Other things such as the weekly MP nights, ICTE, Bi-Weekly Sunday Tournaments, and Monthly Topics are always the same and should be memorized. It usually helps if your clan has its own (up to date) website that lists all running competitions for you.

As for changing things on the site, they're concentrating on creating a new site less worried about fixing the current one. Easiest way for someone on dialup to find out about competitions they can play in - email your QUA and ask.

Xanos

08-04-2005 14:47:43

The best answer is just to read your weekly Clan and House reports from your Consul/Proconsul and Quaestor/Aedile. Those should contain listings of everything happening right now.