House Tyris

Martumal

18-06-2010 14:05:22

[center]
"Gray Jedi ... are typically seen as misguided, though they have not necessarily succumbed to the dark side."[/center]

Since the inception of the Dark Jedi Brotherhood, we have been provided with one identity: The darkside. We have gone into specializations; the Sith, Obelisk, and Krath, however in the end, we are all the same. For some years now, the Gray Jedi have been established in the Star Wars universe, and their popularity was only enhanced in the DJB with the creation of the Force Philosophies course. It is on that philosophy, the Jensaarai's own, that we found House Tyris, named after the very first Jensaarai.

Our goal is simple, to provide a haven for those who have created their characters based on the Jensaarai/Gray Jedi beliefs and others who wish to perhaps pursue this higher path. Many force users are restricted by the strict and tedious principles that their Orders enforce, be them Sith, Krath, Obelisk or even Jedi. However, the Jensaarai, specifically in House Tyris, recognize these individuals own moral beliefs and encourage these "Jedi" to act on them. The darkside and lightside are mere labels applied to control those who manage to become manipulated and entangled in the greater affairs and plans of those who enlisted them.

In House Tyris, you are not controlled or expected to behave in this fashion. The force is our tool, our "bitch", and is expected to be utilized that way. It is not inherently good or evil, it is the wielders of it that may hone up to those characteristics. In efforts to spread the truth, House Tyris seeks to make its presence in the Dark Jedi Brotherhood to allow its teachings to spread and the call of the Jensaarai to be heeded. In time, House Tyris has no doubt it will succeed in this campaign.

The House will take a strong Jensaarai-esque theme. You may identify yourself as a dark jedi or even a light jedi, but you are a Jensaarai above all else. Our battleteams and future units will be based on Jensaarai lore, as well as our backstory and military. I don't think I need to say anymore regarding that, as it's pretty clear that everything House Tyris will be Jensaarai-oriented. If this interests you, then House Tyris is definitely the place for you!

If you'd like to join, feel free to post below or speak to either Jeric or myself (`Max) on IRC, where we can be found on most DB channels. We are also located in #Tyris 24/7, which shall serve as the house channel.

Reman Khaar

25-12-2010 11:31:00

I don't understand how that silly lightside House got support when this one didn't. This is pure epic. :lol:

Ji

29-12-2010 02:44:18

Thanks for that Ramen.

Martumal

31-12-2010 11:15:36

This one did get support, and also had all of the members it needed. Unfortunately, the Grandmaster saw to it that it never made it to the same fruition as his new, adopted pet project, House Odan-Durr.

Ronovi

02-01-2011 15:31:08

Guys, cool it. Odan-Urr got a lot of support, attracted a lot of members, and has become an interesting asset to the DB. If you want this house to ever see the light of day, there are two things to keep in mind. One is to be patient. The other, which people seem to ignore, is to be professional. Bashing other houses is not the best way to garner support for your own. Keep that in mind.

Martumal

02-01-2011 20:14:27

^ lol

Zod

14-01-2011 17:45:41

^lol lol

PS -- Ronovi's on to something there, though.

Kazmir

10-03-2011 20:14:37

I wouldn't actually mind a Jensaarai aimed house...heck I would even sign up for it :P
(Don't tell Eiko or Callus) *hides behind a rock*

JCyrin

22-03-2011 14:25:25

Well I have been thinking of revamping/bring the idea for this house back as it was originally my idea. And after the bashing Martumal did on House Odan-Durr I can assure you he will not be part of it, if I ever decided to give it another go.

Kazmir

23-03-2011 20:58:33

Well I have been thinking of revamping/bring the idea for this house back as it was originally my idea. And after the bashing Martumal did on House Odan-Durr I can assure you he will not be part of it, if I ever decided to give it another go.

Perhaps we can toss idea's back and forth sometimes. I'd be happy to help you with this, even though the DB already has 8 houses coupled with thin membership at the moment.

Muz Ashen

31-03-2011 02:19:55

This one did get support, and also had all of the members it needed. Unfortunately, the Grandmaster saw to it that it never made it to the same fruition as his new, adopted pet project, House Odan-Durr.

Actually....

It happened absolutely nothing like that. Voden trolled his way out of being able to be taken seriously enough for this to actually succeed well before Ji got enough ideas for Odan-Urr to approach me on it. I've had this discussion with Voden before, but he'd rather blame his failures on outside forces than take responsibility for them.

Perhaps we can toss idea's back and forth sometimes. I'd be happy to help you with this, even though the DB already has 8 houses coupled with thin membership at the moment.

It does have eight houses, but membership is not exactly thin. Our ability to keep people engaged and active seems to be more in question. We have, on average, two new dossier activations every day. Somewhere between activation and knighthood, we're losing them. Trying new things like Odan-Urr may help us keep more people interested. If you think that you can get a proposal for a house that is as unique a concept and different enough to warrant creation, I invite you to go for it and let me know what you're thinking.

Kazmir

04-04-2011 11:50:53

I have already been working with Jeric on fleshing some things out. We'll see how it goes =)