Competition Development

Aidan Kincaid

20-03-2005 01:22:08

If anyone has read BF's SHW Report (and I'm sure all of you have...) he announced that he foolishly made me one of his Magistrates and has put me in charge of developing some new and interesting forms of competition for the DB to use in things like Great Jedi Wars and RoSs, etc. So I need volunteers to help me work on this.

Basically, I need creative people who are fairly into the competitive aspects of the DB. Such as ACC, fiction, ROs and pretty much every form of MP we use. I want to see something different then the same old ladders and single-elimination tourneys. Those two things are basically all we've really ever had for MP gaming, and it's starting to get boring. Those of you who enjoy playing in the competitions know what I'm talking about. Think you got some great ideas that will revolutionize the way the DB competes? Drop me a line on this thread or send me an email: shadow@taldryan.org and I'll talk to you about your ideas one on one.

Preferably anyone I can get will be able to use IRC so we can talk more or less in person, but if not we might get one of those fancy private MB forums opened so we can discuss it.

Well that's it. If you're interested in helping make things more exciting in the DB, not to mention into some cool rewards for doing this kinda thing, let me know.

Macron Sadow

21-03-2005 10:40:10

Hi! I would like to help!

I have an idea, what about a ficitonal "technical write up" contest that could enhance the DB in some way as well as being a comp. As in adding to the compendium, or a project that needs help somewhere. That would be a double plus!

Anyhow, I'll help in whatever way I can. It'll be fun.

Gaius

21-03-2005 23:49:48

I too can help. Email me with the kind of stuff you want to do. I'm generally good at timed, non-skilled events that aren't to do with writing, eg Trivia, etc. I have made quite a few activities for other groups, and would be more than happy to share them.

Aidan Kincaid

22-03-2005 00:35:25

What BF wants is more different forms of competition, not actual competitions themselves. We need some new forms like a new way to do a ladder or a brackets tourney... something to snaz up the stuff we do every other week.

yacks

22-03-2005 18:36:31

What about a handicap ladder? It was something Jac and I came up with a long time ago, where you're ranked off ability to start, then you have to accept a handicap for future games, easiest would be to show something like Ranks vs. JK Series...

GM Would be stuck using no Force, where an APP could use Full Force, or something like that.