New Star Wars Mmorpg Announced

Tyno

21-10-2008 20:28:18

A new SW MMO set in the time period following the KOTOR games has been announced and comfirmed today by LA and Bioware. :w00t:

http://www.swtor.com

I was right :D

This game is going to be incredible.

Scyrone

22-10-2008 18:25:37

This is going to be awesome. But if it comes out next year to then I will be in a debate of which online game to get. It's between Star Wars Online or Star Trek Online.

"Difficult to see the future is."

Anyways, hopefully this will definitely be a major upgrade from Star Wars Galaxies. And hopefully Sony won't eventually take this one over. Bioware has been good at SP RPG games, but it will be interesting to see what happens when they go with this MMO. I hope you can choose a multiple of diverse species too, and maybe even customize your companions. I've always wanted to be an Ithorian, and even though SWG had the Ithorian as a character, it just didn't feel like I was an Ithorian.

What is even better than being a Jedi or Sith won't destroy the storyline. With SWG starting off as a Jedi took the canon out of Star Wars and basically wrecked what they had. Now starting off as a Jedi will be the usual idea of what should happen.

I do hope though that we hear of Revan and what happened in the Unknown Regions.

Kal

10-12-2008 20:41:55

Hell, I wanna see how much is still the same from KotOR. Are the Sith soldiers still in that armor? And are the Mandalorians around?