Favorite longest serving DB member

Tron

27-02-2005 15:01:34

Do you know of any long time serving members? Do you appreciate what they've done? Curious to know info about someone? Post who you consider to be your favorite longtime serving DB member(s) - maybe we can help you out with their past.

Sith Bloodfyre

27-02-2005 15:15:21

Yes. I appreciate the work Oberst and Zero have done, especially from the standpoint of being a Tarentum vet. I'd like to hear more about their past histories. Thank you.

Tiberius

27-02-2005 15:44:57

I would like to know more about DJM Shups and Consul Kir Katarn. Both long time members of Ektrosis and Taldryan respectively. Both whom I consider mentor and friend.

Tiberius

Predator

27-02-2005 16:10:55

I would like to know more about DJM Shups and Consul Kir Katarn.  Both long time members of Ektrosis and Taldryan respectively.  Both whom I consider mentor and friend.

Tiberius

Well for a start Shups was really more of an Archanis bud then a Krath really as he was QUA of Archanis and only turned to Sith late in live (after leaving HM I think)

Tron

28-02-2005 00:11:45

Yes. I appreciate the work Oberst and Zero have done, especially from the standpoint of being a Tarentum vet. I'd like to hear more about their past histories. Thank you.

Oberst many know, so I'll save him for last. So we'll go to Zero. By him I take it you are referring to DJM Zero. He was at one time known as dbZero, DB meaning Divide By - so his name was Divide by Zero. He at one time served as DGM for GM Khyron, which is where he earned his rank of DJM - for his creation of the "House Command School." It was a program for all of the new QUA and AEDs, we had just Clanized all of the DB houses, thus creating 3 times as many new houses and leaders.

You'll have to forgive my ignorance of his previous past - I had only just joined the DB at the tail end of Jac's first GM term. But what I do remember is that DBZero was a quick student, he went from an apprentice in Jan 97 to a DJM by March 98 - that's pretty dang quick, he was made DGM around January of 98 which gave him a promo to DA. After he retired as DGM he went into a state of inactivity, only returning recently in the last 1.5-2 years .

And then you wanted to know of Oberst. I met Oberst when he was a SW, I actually came to look up to him at the time, he was a member who didn't take [Expletive Deleted] from anybody. But according to records he joined in March/April of 96 just as Havok was taking on the duties of GM after Paladin had stepped down. Back when I met him though he was known as SW Lyim Oberst. Then he later went on to become known as SW Maxamillian Lyim Oberst, that was when I joined in March of 97 - yet during all this time I don't ever remember him being assosciated with any clan or house. He came to Tridens of Tarentum back around what June of 03, still a Sith Warrior, he put his skills to use and set out to do what he wanted. This has earned him the rank of Sith Overlord, highest rank of the Equite. I'd tell you highlights of his EH career, such as when he was IWCOM, but it would probably not be well recieved here. Anyhow, Oberst has always been a strong member, his presence on IRC notably, and is one of our more educated members.

Not sure all what you wanted to know, hope that helps.

Tron

28-02-2005 00:35:04

I would like to know more about DJM Shups and Consul Kir Katarn.  Both long time members of Ektrosis and Taldryan respectively.  Both whom I consider mentor and friend.

Tiberius

Shups, now this guy I've known for a long time. I remember him back when he was a GRD in House Archanis of Taldryan. That was back in the summer of 99, I do believe that's when I first met him. Archanis was a Sith house and so that is how his career started. He went on to lead it as QUA and then made the jump to Head Master of the Shadow Academy during the reign of Zoraan. After he left HM he jumped around, ending up in various Clans, one of which I remember was CNS for awhile.

Kir Taldrya Katarn had a short stint in Arcona, but ever since has always been in Taldryan. He's served as CON for probably the longest of any Taldryan Consul. If you want more info most of it is detailed on his website at http://www.taldryan.org/con_history.php

Anonymous

28-02-2005 14:35:28

cannabisia is the coolest

yacks

28-02-2005 22:21:27

bah, I own you Thanny :P

Khobai

01-03-2005 03:53:01

Anyone whos been in this club for more than 5 years is a huge dork. It would probably be in everyones best interests if we didnt talk about them :P

Bubbles

01-03-2005 04:16:07

Anyone whos been in this club for more than 5 years is a huge dork. It would probably be in everyones best interests if we didnt talk about them :P

Hey! I'm no dork! Honest.......

Kaek

05-03-2005 19:38:33

Khobs, you're the one who proudly proclaimed to Kir that you'd been a member for 9 years :P

Anshar

06-03-2005 19:55:06

I've been here for over 5 years now and I'll admit it....I'm a dork.

As for long serving members, Mejas and Arania both come to my mind. Arania was KHP back when I joined, or started shortly thereafter, I can't quite remember. Mejas and I worked together back when I was in Arcona.

Anonymous

27-03-2005 10:50:47

Deus Excelsior!

http://darkjedibrotherhood.org/dbjedi/dossier.asp?ID=537

Gotta keep it in the family. :P

Cuchulain

18-04-2005 09:25:24

Me! I'm the bestest long serving member, and I readily admit to being a dork, geek, and even (on occasions) a spotter. My sarcasm knows no equal (well, maybe Yacko could have a hand over me there) and Mejas who was mentioned before has been my bitch, which has gotta put me further up the rankings than him, and Arania as well IIRC... :D

Mike Halcyon

18-04-2005 13:11:05

I own you all.

Cuchulain

20-04-2005 11:20:26

Remember, you used to be my bitch as well Mike, and then I took a sabatticle... sabbaticle... took some time off and you went all soft a gooey! :@

Mike Halcyon

21-04-2005 04:42:41

Your bitch? Hell, no!
Just because back then you wore that fancy Mandalorian armor you made Quaestor a tad bit earlier than me. :P

Besides, you don`t want people to know about your past, do you? :P