Concerning The Deleted News Thread

Seti I Shadim

10-04-2007 14:54:19

On the main DB site, GM Jac Cotelin had started a news thread in jest. In this thread, the GM made references to his "awesomeness" and so on. I recognized this as him joking around. So I decided to join in from the opposite point of view. I used sarcasm and hyperbole. Just to make sure that it was understood to be joking, I made sure that it was so "over the top" that it would be seen for what it was-joking.

Since my last post, the thread was deleted. Apparently, this was seen as some kind of attack against GM Jac Cotelin. It wasn't. It was sarcastic humor. Hell, I even used Elizabethan English and requested that the GM not beat me up at recess.

Apparently, I have offended some unwritten sensibility. This is ironic, since I did not take offense at being referred to as a "noob". Even when those taunts were written by a PCON. Nor did I take great offense when Clan Plagueis was insulted by this same PCON. Maybe I should have.

My understanding is that people were here for fun. At least, thats why I joined. I am beginning to question that decision lately. I am not apologizing for what I wrote. It was a joke and I still think it was funny. However, I am sorry that it was misunderstood.

May the Darkness serve you well,

Seti I Shadim

Zeron

10-04-2007 15:02:57

not your post was the reason but the posts what followed it.

kraval

10-04-2007 15:08:11

I was the one to delete the post. Your post wasn't the cause of it, the cause was people begining to degrade the topic and start telling eachother that they suck and blah blah blah. It was hoped that people wouldn't take it too seriously but apparently some did and began attacking. That sort of thing doesn't belong on the DB page.

Seti I Shadim

10-04-2007 15:56:00

I was the one to delete the post. Your post wasn't the cause of it, the cause was people begining to degrade the topic and start telling eachother that they suck and blah blah blah. It was hoped that people wouldn't take it too seriously but apparently some did and began attacking. That sort of thing doesn't belong on the DB page.

Understood. I also had hoped that it wouldn't be taken seriously. Thats a shame. But my thanks to both of you for filling me in.:D

-Seti

Aidan Kincaid

12-04-2007 01:40:19

Btw - I = the PCON!

Aidan Kincaid

12-04-2007 01:41:42

Also, you were over the top... that was the problem? Everyone else who jokingly ripped on Jac did it playfully and KNOWS him... you just came off as a huge asshole from nowhere. And you continued on in that fashion after being told to stop. Sounds pretty newbish to me.

Seti I Shadim

12-04-2007 02:07:56

Also, you were over the top... that was the problem? Everyone else who jokingly ripped on Jac did it playfully and KNOWS him... you just came off as a huge asshole from nowhere. And you continued on in that fashion after being told to stop. Sounds pretty newbish to me.

I have already discussed this incident with both GM Jac Cotelin and DJM Halcyon Rokir. My understanding is that this incident is closed. If however, you feel that some purpose would be served by discussing this further, then I am more than willing to do so. If so, this could be done either publicly or privately by email/PM. However, I do not believe that claiming how I came off as "a huge asshole" to be particularly useful.

Regards,

PRT Seti I Shadim