Death Star versus Star Forge

Kal

17-08-2006 06:34:07

Personally, I'd want the Star Forge, but that's just me.

Arcadian

17-08-2006 14:52:35

Eh Star Forge I guess, although I wouldn't mind blowing up the planet you live on Kal :D.

Baron Zarco

18-08-2006 23:23:39

To do list:

1) Get Star Forge.

2) Make many Death Stars.

3) Kill everybody. Well, almost everybody.

Tyno

19-08-2006 01:09:44

I'd take the Star Forge any day.
Powered by the rakatan Force tech the star forge would make your military might endless.

I believe it was once said.

"The ability to destroy a planet is nothing compared to the power of the force."

Arcadian

19-08-2006 02:18:38

boo yeah! The Force rules :D

Kal

19-08-2006 08:34:32

To do list:

1) Get Star Forge.

2) Make many Death Stars.

3)  Kill everybody.  Well, almost everybody.

Why kill when they'd be so piss-scared about your fleet that they'd all surrender? Jus cause we're with the dark side doesn't mean we encourage wanton killing. That would just be retarded. Kill everyone, no one to rule.

Arcadian

19-08-2006 15:01:30

He makes a point for once :P.

Baron Zarco

19-08-2006 18:41:43

Hey Kal - my attempt at comedy was apparently lost upon you. The point is, why would somebody pick one thing over another when one could make the other thing plus many copies?

PS Don't lecture me on the darkside and--retarded?--you don't even want to go there.

Kal

19-08-2006 21:30:05

Relax, I wasn't trying to offend you in any way. I got the comedy, I just wasn't in a very good mood that day.

Baron Zarco

19-08-2006 23:57:31

That's cool.

Rannik

20-08-2006 14:16:36

I chose the Star Forge. UNLIMITED POWER!!! >:D

Rage

20-08-2006 16:22:34

Star Forge all the way lol

Badona

23-08-2006 18:54:32

Personally, I'd want the Star Forge, but that's just me.

Just you????????????With the Star Forge you could make a fleet of death stars!!!!!

Tyno

24-08-2006 16:43:17

Just you????????????With the Star Forge you could make a fleet of death stars!!!!!

Actually I doubt the star forge could construct death stars.
There about the same size so it would be impossible for the Forges factories.
The star forge was more for building an invincible fleet and tons of battle droids so I assume anything smaller then a Super Star destroyer could be mass produced by the forge.

Baron Zarco

24-08-2006 20:27:10

It could make the big parts and they could be assembled right nearby.

Kal

25-08-2006 05:06:08

Exactly. It would make the parts, float them into space, and then make droids to put them together. The droids would never shut down or need a break, what with their self-repairing thing, and would work unbelievably well non-stop. You'd have yourself fifty Death Stars in the time it would usually take to build one, and if someone ever blew them up or disabled them, they could put themselves back together. Hell, you could probably make Death Star Droids, and run them through the Star Forge. You wouldn't need all that crap that you need to support legions of troops or anything living, so you could just have the weapon, the systems that operate it, and the systems that fix themselves and the other systems all crammed into one ball, much smaller than the first or second Death Star.

Basically R2-D2 with a superlaser crammed into his head.

Tyno

25-08-2006 05:54:44

There is but one drawback to the Star forge however. The station being a dark side arctifact that drains life from it's occupants would eventualy drive anyone insane with power and severely weaken there connection to the force, possibly severing it.

Kal

25-08-2006 05:59:43

Yes, but in my lifetime, I wouldn't worry about that. From what the history of the Rakata says, it takes more than 80-odd years to do that to a group of people.

I'd found an Empire for the sake of leaving something after my death, not for the sake of making myself all-powerful. When I died, someone else could take a turn at corruption and life-draining.

Tyno

26-08-2006 04:54:43

Yes, but in my lifetime, I wouldn't worry about that. From what the history of the Rakata says, it takes more than 80-odd years to do that to a group of people.

I'd found an Empire for the sake of leaving something after my death, not for the sake of making myself all-powerful. When I died, someone else could take a turn at corruption and life-draining.

True but the goal of Immortality that is sought after by every force user would be impossible to gain if you used the star forge....
Revan knew this and that is why he never intended to use the star forge any longer then to take over the republic. He only wanted to make sure the galaxy was prepared and strong enough to fight the New true Sith empire we will see in KOTOR 3.

Kal

26-08-2006 16:36:38

Personally, as a Dark Sider, my goal would not be immortality. It would be to leave my mark when I died. And as far as Revan goes, who knows? Maybe he would have kept using the Star Forge. The only reason he stopped was cuz Malak got bitchy and blew up his flagship. After that, Revan was a lightsider, so he wouldn't use it anyway, but thats cuz of the Jedi.

I'd use the Forge to make my Armada, but I wouldn't live in the damn thing.

Tyno

26-08-2006 19:55:30

Personally, as a Dark Sider, my goal would not be immortality. It would be to leave my mark when I died. And as far as Revan goes, who knows? Maybe he would have kept using the Star Forge. The only reason he stopped was cuz Malak got bitchy and blew up his flagship. After that, Revan was a lightsider, so he wouldn't use it anyway, but thats cuz of the Jedi.

I'd use the Forge to make my Armada, but I wouldn't live in the damn thing.

Actually in KOTOR 2 if you play the dark side ending and find the holocron recording of Bastilla it says that Revan knew about the drawbacks and only intended to use the Star forge until he had control of the republic or suffer the Rakatans fate all of his followers would and so they did if you use the Dark side revan setup.

You don't want imortality? odd considering it is the long term goal of all the sith, jedi and most other force users. We even know that some achived it like Obi-wan, yoda, Qui-gon, and a few sith except since they used such dark methods it is apparent that they never became truly one with the force and just lingered as spirits.

Baron Zarco

27-08-2006 10:23:51

You guys are overlooking the point of view that just wants all life to die. No domination, no power, no legacy, just everybody get the f*** out because I lost what I had and I want everyone to f***in drop dead too. It's not a power trip at all. It's just a pissed off babified rant that ends all life because the baby is bigger than everyone else. That's why a fleet of deathstars is needed. It's just taking out the trash.

Tyno

27-08-2006 23:00:19

You guys are overlooking the point of view that just wants all life to die.  No domination, no power, no legacy, just everybody get the f*** out because I lost what I had and I want everyone to f***in drop dead too.  It's not a power trip at all.  It's just a pissed off babified rant that ends all life because the baby is bigger than everyone else.  That's why a fleet of deathstars is needed.  It's just taking out the trash.

Well None of the force users light or dark I hae ever heard of had that POV but yea It could be valid but I am not sure how you would find a crew for the forge that would do so knowing you intended to just kill everything......
Finding crews for your death stars would by just as difficult and i'll also mention if you were to destroy all the planets with life you would no longer have any supplies for your fleet of death stars.

You would probably say droids but we know the star forge takes a actual living crew to run because of the complexity of it's systems and so it can feed on their life force. Even if you were to give some droids the intellegance to crew death stars and the forge giving that much free will would likely result in the driods taking over both with their own agenda.

Kal

28-08-2006 07:30:54

The Star Forge draws limitless resources from a sun. You make the Death Stars droids themselves, just freakin big droids, but design them to take orders given from the Forge. Then you essentially have a fleet of really big, deadly battle droids. And the goal of the Sith should be that the Sith survive, not that one old f*cker lives forever, ordering around his cronies. THAT is a power trip. If I were to have the Forge, it would only cost a planet or two to obtain the galaxy with my Death Star fleet, and then I could keep my army stocked with the Forge and rule the galaxy til it was someone else's turn.

Tyno

29-08-2006 00:07:38

The Star Forge draws limitless resources from a sun. You make the Death Stars droids themselves, just freakin big droids, but design them to take orders given from the Forge. Then you essentially have a fleet of really big, deadly battle droids. And the goal of the Sith should be that the Sith survive, not that one old f*cker lives forever, ordering around his cronies. THAT is a power trip. If I were to have the Forge, it would only cost a planet or two to obtain the galaxy with my Death Star fleet, and then I could keep my army stocked with the Forge and rule the galaxy til it was someone else's turn.

While your plan does make sense I realized somthing. We don't know if the star forge has pre-set blueprints for design or if new ones can be loaded into the system. It is quite possible that it can only build Rakatan ships.

You know if the Sith long term goal was survival they would have lasted a lot longer and the republic would have a serious problem early on However as the Emperor demostraited the goal is about absolute power over everyone even you own side. This was the reason the sith spent almost as much time fighting themselves as they did the republic.

Arcadian

29-08-2006 00:33:31

The goal of the Sith was that the strongest rule. That was why they always fought. Dominating everything was the goal of Palpy, not the Sith. One nutcase does not speak for them all. Look at Bane. His goal was that the Sith survive, even if quietly.

The Star Forge CAN make non-Rakata ships. It was responsible for copies of the Leviathan's class of ships. At first, they came from the Republic fleet, but the Forge could churn them out. Carth himself says so: "It's been endlessly churning out the capital ships and snubfighters that fuel Malak's fleet". Check wookieepedia.

Even if only Rakatan craft can be made, then I'd have it make a Death Star powered by the Force.

Tyno

29-08-2006 02:41:35

The goal of the Sith was that the strongest rule. That was why they always fought. Dominating everything was the goal of Palpy, not the Sith. One nutcase does not speak for them all. Look at Bane. His goal was that the Sith survive, even if quietly.

The Star Forge CAN make non-Rakata ships. It was responsible for copies of the Leviathan's class of ships. At first, they came from the Republic fleet, but the Forge could churn them out. Carth himself says so: "It's been endlessly churning out the capital ships and snubfighters that fuel Malak's fleet". Check wookieepedia.

Even if only Rakatan craft can be made, then I'd have it make a Death Star powered by the Force.

Actually even wookieepedia makes no mention of what kind of ships it can produces and but it does say this about the Leviathan.
Leviathan was one of many similarly designed ships commissioned by the Republic for the Mandalorian Wars. The fact that the only ship to survive Malachor V and not go with Revan, Ravager, bears a similar but not identical design to Leviathan, indicates that the Sith's ex-Republic ships may have been modified by the Star Forge.It apparently modifies ships to be like Rakatan ships since it is a Rakatan Factory.

The overall goal of the sith has always been power....always. How many race did the enslave and rule over to demostrate this. Yes Bane was focused on survival because he realized 2 things.
1. The sith could never band togther in large number and win because they were always fighting over power. Thus the need for stealth and smaller numbers
2. He was the last of the Sith at the time and had to insure the order did not end. If your the last your always going to care about survival it is common sense.

Kal

29-08-2006 05:50:21

Even so, the reason most Dark Lords seek to dominate everyone around them is because they're whacked in the head, and were trained by similarly whacked masters.

Scyrone

29-08-2006 12:59:53

The goal of the Sith was that the strongest rule

This is partially right. The tultimate goal of the Sith is to permenently destroy the Jedi.

I would choose Death Star, by the time you would have built your ships and fleets I wouldve shot you down into a million little pieces.

The Star Forge could probably make the Death Star piece by piece, but they wouldnt be very large, they would have to come out of the bottom of the Star Forge (which is quite small). The Star Forge also had a lack or laser turrets and a lack of space docks for ships. And I think the Death Star was ALOT bigger. Remember the Super Star Destroyer which crashed into the Death Star, it was miniscule next the Death Star, but next to the Star Forge it could've been almost the exact same size. The Death Star would be awesome against the weaknesses of the Star Forge, plus, could the Star Forge move, did the Star Forge have thousands of space docks and thousands of fighters coming out of them? The Star Forge couldnt even have destroyed a planet.

That is why I choose the Death Star.

Tyno

29-08-2006 18:32:10

This is partially right.  The tultimate goal of the Sith is to permenently destroy the Jedi.

I would choose Death Star, by the time you would have built your ships and fleets I wouldve shot you down into a million little pieces.

The Star Forge could probably make the Death Star piece by piece, but they wouldnt be very large, they would have to come out of the bottom of the Star Forge (which is quite small).  The Star Forge also had a lack or laser turrets and a lack of space docks for ships.  And I think the Death Star was ALOT bigger.  Remember the Super Star Destroyer which crashed into the Death Star, it was miniscule next the Death Star, but next to the Star Forge it could've been almost the exact same size.  The Death Star would be awesome against the weaknesses of the Star Forge, plus, could the Star Forge move, did the Star Forge have thousands of space docks and thousands of fighters coming out of them?  The Star Forge couldnt even have destroyed a planet.

That is why I choose the Death Star.

Honesty we have no idea about how armed the star forge was or if could it move.
We are not even sure about the space docks and even if it says so on Wookieepedia that isn't fact is what has been guessed of what we saw in KOTOR.

Ricco Vao

21-09-2006 12:04:43

The star forge when Revan was in charge not when Malak was he was a delinquent

dockaflar

22-09-2006 19:49:28

has anyone chosen the deathstar? i too would want the starforge. i am power hungry, and i see power as controlling a huge force of soldiers, or weapons, or anything like that. the starforge could supply me with all the power i wanted. with the ability to create as many soldiers for me to control as i wanted. and with my view of power, that is as much power as i want.

Cethgus

11-10-2006 05:38:01

Hey all i know whcih one i would have i just realized i pressed the wrong one but who cares they are both cool i prefer the star forge though

Impetus

12-10-2006 17:05:48

I'd have the Star Forge, no doubt. It's so much cooler and more useful then the death star.

Tarax Kor

12-10-2006 18:14:54

Death Star. Not only does it have a [Expletive Deleted]load of turbolasers should fighters and whatnots get by, but it's mainly a weapon.

The Star Forge's main purpose was a factory, from what (canon-wise) the most was able to be put to use. Death star comes in, releases its own volley of fighters, kills the ones that are close to it...and then superlaser's the Star Forge.

Kabam.

Sephiroth Kali

12-10-2006 18:57:47

Also concider two possibilities, one, if a true Lord of the Sith were to be in control, it is possible they could withstand the effects of the Forge, second, The Star Forge draws on the darkside, on forceusers, but remember, Malak used other people to power it. A user could give the commands from halfway across the galaxy.

Cethgus

13-10-2006 05:41:32

That is a very good point you have there

Laigerick Sithelhood

30-11-2006 21:25:38

Star Forge, because you could have infinite fleets and good stuff like that. I always say, "why destroy, when you can conquer?" O-)

Makurth Mandalore

02-12-2006 15:42:06

True.. I'd go with the Deathstar simply because I could make everyone cower after I blew up a planet or two. I mean, think about, if someone had control of something that could blow your planet into smitherins, would you want to piss them off?

Laigerick Sithelhood

13-12-2006 20:34:35

not really, no :mellow:

Scyrone

07-01-2007 15:26:45

True.. I'd go with the Deathstar simply because I could make everyone cower after I blew up a planet or two. I mean, think about, if someone had control of something that could blow your planet into smitherins, would you want to piss them off?

Exactly, not only can the Death Star destroy, but it CAN conquer too. Why should I try to waste my resources attacking a planet when I can just cower them into surrender? >:)

Kal

15-02-2007 12:42:38

Perhaps because your resources are limitless with the Star Forge.

Aabsdu

18-02-2007 22:19:21

This is actually a rather hard question for me. Star Forge has limitles resources and can create amazing fleets. The Death Star, on the other hand is its own fleet. A set back to the Death Star, I think, it how slow it moves, as well as the recharge of its superlaser. The Star Fleet can just keep sending more ships

I've always thought the Star Forge was cooler, though, so I vote Forge

Ohika

19-02-2007 16:24:11

couldnt the death star blow up the star forge?

Tyno

01-03-2007 01:18:46

couldnt the death star blow up the star forge?

Depends. The 1st death star probably wouldn't be able to get a target lock so it might take a few shots to get a clean hit(note the 1st death star had a very long recharge rate so it would take time). The 2nd could with it's advanced targeting computers. However this all rests upon the death star getting close enough to fire before it was overwhelmed by the fleets of the star forge.
As a added bonus the star forge has a distruptor field that would have to be disabled should you want to attack it with the death star and this is assumed you are able to locate the star forge.

Drichar Deis

18-01-2008 16:32:49

Star Forge! Hands down!

Dralin

18-01-2008 16:38:27

If completed, the Death Star II wouldn't have had the weakness that plagued the first Death Star; namely, it didn't have the huge exhaust port. Death Star II had millions upon millions of extremely small exhaust ports, almost like pores, which would have made it invulnerable to attacks from the fleet. Sure, capital ships could still take a few cracks at it, but that really wouldn't matter anymore if it took a couple shots at the Star Forge. Essentially, one is a weapon, and the other is just a factory,

Reman Khaar

25-12-2010 02:00:19

Star Forge, hands down. Ooooh, the Death Star can blow up a planet. The Star Forge can make twenty dreadnaught-class ships and they can do the same thing. :P

Also- A true master of the Dark Side of the Force wouldn't allow the Star Forge to effect him in such ways. A true master would make it call him 'Daddy'. :P