Jedi Academy Training

Krayn

25-05-2006 16:20:39

My first Idea is to have a default map set for training. This map can be downloaded here.

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Sith_Council;43812

Its pretty decent with Class rooms and training areas, looks pretty good for what we are trying to do. Thats the only Idea i have for right now. So peace :)

Muz Ashen

26-05-2006 16:06:59

It looks kinda cool... But we generally try to avoid custom maps on our servers unless they are bug-free and exceedingly well made... The Academy Map on the Antei Training Center Server is such a map. (The reason we follow this practice is so that people aren't forced into downloading so many maps when they want to play for a gaming match or whatnot...it can get pretty tedious for our friends who are stuck using dial-up modems)

Still, I'll take a look at it, and have some people try it out and maybe we'll put it up on requests or whatever.

thanks, Krayn

Tarax Kor

26-05-2006 16:47:03

Too big, in my opinion. I have the original Jedi Council map for JO...and sure, it has a lot of rooms for duels and whatnot...but it's too damned large to be of any use, unless you constantly have something the size of 10vs10 playing on it.

Kaine Mandaala

26-05-2006 16:49:17

Every time I hold a contest/competition/task with awards for people to make some quality DJB location maps, no one even tries.

If I had the ambition I'd just do this stuff myself. Too bad it wasn't as easy as the UT editor.

As for this map - I'm not a fan of the "real world" lookuing stuff in a Star Wars game. I mean - Lucas has all these crazy locations in his made-up universe, so why try to copy real life?

Aidan Kincaid

26-05-2006 17:28:13

Very few rewards are worth the months of effort it takes in making a quality level. Not to mention testing it for balance in MP with weapon, ammo, shield and health placement.

Krayn

26-05-2006 19:33:55

I agree its not exactly the best map, but it does have training areas, offical dueling areas where a spectator could watch over the matches. As well as the class rooms could be used to teach the new people how to train. In my opinion if you have the game and you are in the DB, you should be asked to download this map. It is extremely cool with alot of interactive features.

Kaine Mandaala

26-05-2006 21:14:29

Very few rewards are worth the months of effort it takes in making a quality level. Not to mention testing it for balance in MP with weapon, ammo, shield and health placement.

I'm talking about Duel maps. Surely it can't take THAT long to make a map with a few "rooms".

Dessan

27-05-2006 12:44:08

As far as using this map for JA training.... no I beleive thats a bit much, people already have the academy map, and the academy map was designed for training use, it also is bug free and I beleive that most members of the brotherhhood that play JA have it already.

As for mapping, award, etc. Maping it self is not the hard part. I can whip up a good map in about 2 hours, but the hard part is custom textures. I personaly hate having to design textures on photoshop (esp since I'm not good at it). :P

-Dessan

Morgan

27-05-2006 14:14:17

Thats what "Spectate" is for, ya know. :P