The Taldryan Invitational

Duga Taldrya Arkarso

30-03-2006 14:55:45

(Copied from the news page. Hm, too many pinned threads on this forum. :P)

The Invitational that started last November with Jaysen and Shadow at the helm has been delayed, delayed, and forgotten. We were about to start the second round in mid-February then Jaysen went MIA and he had the results. Up to now the competition has just stopped completely. I will be changing that.

Taldryan Invitational Website

Most likely it will start up again next weekend or the week following. First things first though, I've emailed all those involved before to see if they are still interested in continuing. Monday I will be contacting other CONs and PCONs to fill the empty holes. We want a good number from each Clan involved still, remember Clan awards, 2nd level Crescents, and CFs are being handed out here. If you are interested in joining, make sure your CON and PCON know it so they have people to pick from.

There are going to be two big changes though, one is that the first round will need to be done over again. What's different about it? We won't do the "Round Robin" type setup, we will go right into pairing people up randomly. This will take out a large bit of confused that was hurting the competition before. The second change will be adding brackets for both XWA and XvT, with Clan awards and Crescents offered. I'll ask each CON and PCON to pick 3 people from their Clan to go in each of those. If a Clan doesn't have 3, I'll look for others to fill in. XWA and XvT haven't seen any big action in awhile so I think this would be a nice addition.

Last, those that got an email from me, let me know either way if you are still in before Monday. I'll be looking to fill those up then. I'll be emailing the Clan leaders shortly about the XWA and XvT brackets, time for all the pilots out there to stand up!

Update: For those that don't know about this competition, it has four brackets currently (JO Sabers, JO Guns, JA Sabers, and JA Guns). We will also have one for XWA and one for XvT. Each bracket has 16 people in it. Everyone will be paired up with someone else in their bracket to fight, so we will start with 16 in Round One then go down to 8 for Round Two, 4 in the Semi-Finals, and ending with 2 in the Finals. The top 3 in each bracket get 2nd level Crescents and CFs for matches. The top 3 Clans in each bracket win Clan awards. Hope that explains how it works.

smoke20

30-03-2006 17:57:03

So what happens to those that played for the original one, and are waiting for there CF's?

Duga Taldrya Arkarso

30-03-2006 18:37:35

Delete

Duga Taldrya Arkarso

30-03-2006 18:39:29

In the email I sent out to all those that played before I mentioned that if you have emails or something like that I will awarded CFs that didn't get rewarded. Because the first round setup changes, everyone starts over this time, but I'll still award for what was owed.