Versus!

Muz Ashen

08-12-2005 10:12:19

Count Dooku is known as an excellent Saberist, having fought even Yoda to a standstill with his perfection of the Makashi Saber duelling style.

Darth Maul is well known for his use of the very kinetic and aggressive Juyo fighting style, utilizing a dual-bladed lightsaber.

How do you see the fight playing out?

Tarax Kor

08-12-2005 11:56:35

Simple logic.

Obi-Wan pwnt Maul. Every time Obi-Wan and Dooku fight, Obi-wan gets his ass kicked.

So... Maul < Obi-Wan < Dooku. Ergo, Maul < Dooku.

Muz Ashen

08-12-2005 12:30:58

see, Obi didn't pwn maul... Obi got lucky when Maul was cocky.
Maul died by attrition, really.

And Dooku beat down Obi, yes. But Obi beat down Anakin...

But wait...who killed Dooku?

Crap. I hate logic. :P

Tarax Kor

08-12-2005 12:34:49

Yeah but that was a part of Maul.. being cocky. And thus, a weakness.

And by your same reasoning, Obi-Wan got lucky again with Anakin, cuz he just happened to be on higher ground.

So all in all, Obi-Wan just seems to get lucky a lot, with the occasional beat-downs from Dooku.

Kaine Mandaala

12-12-2005 15:48:23

And by your same reasoning, Obi-Wan got lucky again with Anakin, cuz he just happened to be on higher ground.

So all in all, Obi-Wan just seems to get lucky a lot, with the occasional beat-downs from Dooku.

Anakin got cocky, like Maul got cocky. They both lost to Obi-Wan because of it.

Obi-Wan got smacked by Dooku, but I'm thinking it's because Obi-Wan got cocky. :)

It's a tough one to decide. Dooku was great at fending off two blades (even two at once with Anakin on Geonosis). Maul was great at providing a punishing in his combat style. Essentially, Maul could dish it and Dooku could take it.

Trooper Kale

18-01-2006 09:35:21

Anakin got cocky, like Maul got cocky. They both lost to Obi-Wan because of it.

Obi-Wan got smacked by Dooku, but I'm thinking it's because Obi-Wan got cocky. :)

It's a tough one to decide. Dooku was great at fending off two blades (even two at once with Anakin on Geonosis). Maul was great at providing a punishing in his combat style. Essentially, Maul could dish it and Dooku could take it.

well they all got cocky and they all have great fighting styles i think dooku might have been better if maul hadn't died.

Trooper Kale

18-01-2006 09:37:05

scratch that last post yes they did ge cocky but dooku would have won. but he did lose his hands to ankain. so i don't know.

Aghasett

22-01-2006 19:11:42

All those years with the Jedi Order prior to his Sith training, plus he's a good deal older than Maul with a lot more experience -- seems to me Dooku would wipe the floor with him.

Uzbad

29-01-2006 00:23:45

But Mual is a Zabrak!

Zabrak > Dooku

End of story.

Shadow

07-02-2006 08:33:36

well actualy it would probably be dookoo that looses i know from JA that db sabers are the dogs *******

Darth Pravus

08-02-2006 17:21:38

Maul was Surprisingly good for an apprentice, but then again he was trained by Darth Sidious who is really one of the most skilled Siths ever. Tyranus was also trained by Sidious but didn't go through an entire training as Maul did. Maul rely on aggresive moments and martial arts, but is still not trained in the force itself, and his most weakness is in fact his cockyness wich can lower his guard, but hell he manage to kill an Jedi Master wich is quite impressive, althought lost to an Jedi Padawn. Tyranus was already an skilled Jedi, of course he was later on trained by Sidious and became, well, even more powerful as an Sith and with the knowlegde of the Darkside. Tyranus's weakness is that he's far to brave and to confident in a duel, wich can give his opponent an upperhand, but to even give Yoda a match is very impressive, even Sidious couldn't almost hold it against Yoda. As I look at it, Tyranus would winn, even though Maul is in fact fast he's still too cocky wich can not only lower his guard but Maul could also give his his opponent more of an advantage, I mean just look how fast Obi-Wan manage to get Maul to the ground. Tyranus is either way more skilled in lightsaber combat and much more defensive, while Maul is just a fast son of a bitch.

Tyranus enough said.

Ceric Crimson

10-02-2006 18:50:33

Maul was Surprisingly good for an apprentice, but then again he was trained by Darth Sidious who is really one of the most skilled Siths ever. Tyranus was also trained by Sidious but didn't go through an entire training as Maul did. Maul rely on aggresive moments and martial arts, but is still not trained in the force itself, and his most weakness is in fact his cockyness wich can lower his guard, but hell he manage to kill an Jedi Master wich is quite impressive, althought lost to an Jedi Padawn. Tyranus was already an skilled Jedi, of course he was later on trained by Sidious and became, well, even more powerful as an Sith and with the knowlegde of the Darkside. Tyranus's weakness is that he's far to brave and to confident in a duel, wich can give his opponent an upperhand, but to even give Yoda a match is very impressive, even Sidious couldn't almost hold it against Yoda. As I look at it, Tyranus would winn, even though Maul is in fact fast he's still too cocky wich can not only lower his guard but Maul could also give his his opponent more of an advantage, I mean just look how fast Obi-Wan manage to get Maul to the ground. Tyranus is either way more skilled in lightsaber combat and much more defensive, while Maul is just a fast son of a bitch.

Tyranus enough said.

I cannot argue with that logic. Kudos.

I guess I just like Maul better as a personality.

Darth Pravus

10-02-2006 19:24:08

I cannot argue with that logic. Kudos.

I guess I just like Maul better as a personality.

Oh yes I understand very well, he represent the Darkside very much, hatred, anger, fear, everything :maul:

But the most reason why I like Tyranus even more is in fact that he's an interesting Sith Lord, compared to all the other Siths. He isn't some wild crazy, deformed maniac with a lust for complete revenge. Tyranus is more of an calm gentleman, and has more of an on the politcal side, and act in an matter of cleverness, conspiracys, and his curved lightsaber is quite unique looking aswell. But I have to say that they adressed him as Count Dooku, really got on my nerve, Dooku is possibly one of the silliest names in the SW Saga, why didn't they just call him Count Fooku in that case :lol:

Ceric Crimson

11-02-2006 12:46:02

I can understand where you're coming from with the 'gentleman' concept...now that I think about it, he does kind of give off that southern plantation owner sort of aura...LOL!

Rage

13-02-2006 06:30:27

I agree with the cockyness part but i would have to give kudos to maul who showed me that the Dark Side is "Pimped like a bitch"
But Obi was a lucky whiney jedi and thats it

Callus

17-03-2006 14:19:48

Well I say Maul just cuz I'm a Maul freak :P

But like... Just a question, Why did vader try to jump over obi instead of getting on lower ground and fighting his way up? That's what I would have done. Course I guess GL and the crew were running out of film :P

Baron Zarco

18-03-2006 16:07:34

Count Dooku wins because while Maul is clearly much more athletic that is the only area in which he exceeds Dooku. Dooku is much stronger in the Force and could use that alone to bridge that gap.

Remember Maul's impetuousness. He disobeyed Sidious' direct order to not engage the Jedi on Naboo. It cost Maul his life.

Dooku's direct sabre style wins over the flashy Maul style. The first time Maul spins Dooku stabs him in the back.

By the way, I seem to remember reading that Sidious was jamming Dooku's Force powers when Dooku was fighting Anakin on Grievous' ship. In my opinion, that whole deal was a set-up so Sidious could wind up with Anakin and get rid of Dooku as a potential rival.

Aabsdu

19-03-2006 18:57:48

Good point. Don't remember reading about the whole jamming Dooku's power thing, but it makes sense. Also, while Maul had the muscles and the moves, Dooku was wiser about how he dueled.

Brains beats muscles

Anonymous

05-04-2006 18:46:59

Well, I agree with the cocky theory. It seems that whenever a Sith or Jedi starts to get an ego trip, he fails. It's like that in real life too. I should make a simulation program that would play out a Battle Royale among all the great Jedi and Sith and see who wins. Though that takes time and programs I do no currently have available to me...

Aegor Raas

09-04-2006 23:53:52

Hmmm... Not only do I prefer Dooku, I think he would easily beat Maul. Dooku, although his combat is not exactly fencing (I like to fence), he does have excellent precision and is defensive. However, his style is nice because it cannot leave room for the other person to leave themselves exposed. Maul does this, so Dooku would win.

Jac Cotelin

10-04-2006 01:26:46

Maul and Dooku are pussies.

Aegor Raas

10-04-2006 13:17:38

If Sidious were added, I think he would dominate.... Only Exar Kun is cooler.

Lokasena

10-04-2006 13:37:04

I thought Jedi wern't allowed to 'GET LUCKY'..... ;)
As for the fight.
Dooku by a long shot....
No one beats Christopher Lee...!!!

Kal

21-06-2006 06:57:19

As for the whole Maul vs. Dooku thing, Maul is a better saberist and fighter and is obviously much faster, but if Dooku started to lose, he could probably just pick up Maul with the Force and snap his neck.

And as far as why Anakin jumped, they needed an excuse to put him in the suit. :vader:

Aabsdu

25-06-2006 15:10:22

Heh, well I guess that's a good enough reason. Oh, and Dooku would win. I have no doubt Maul is probably a better fighter, but Dooku thinks through his attacks and plans ahead. Plus, the only force Maul ever used was to jump and throw the rock into the door :P

Rannik

29-06-2006 19:54:29

I dont think the Force is everything a Jedi/Sith needs to fight. I think Maul would win cause hes alot younger and more agile, along with hes stronger and more violent....

Kal

30-06-2006 04:13:46

Possible, but I think Maul would be beaten by Dooku's saber techniques. If you watched Clone Wars at all, you'd have seen that he held off Grievous during training when Greivous was doing all sorts of moves with four or five lightsabers. A double-bladed saber would be no challenge.

Maul is cooler, though. :maul:

Shirai

09-07-2006 16:02:29

True...Maul is raw as hell, but look at Dooku's Makashi form, he held his own against Yoda man. But even if Tyrannus were to lose the edge in battle, he would kill Maul with the Force.

Incinerate him with Force lightning, break his legs, arms, neck, steal the energy from the double-bladed lightsaber, and my favorite, bash him into the wall till hes motionless.

Kal

09-07-2006 22:02:21

There's also the fact that Dooku is older than dirt. That coupled with the Force, means that he is going to have unbelievably well-developed abilities. Maul, on the other hand, only ever fought one Master Jedi and though he pwned him, it was all in the terrain. Qui-gon didn't have enough room to effectively defend himself. The fact that Dooku trained Qui-gon, lasted for ages on the Jedi Council, and then became a Sith Lord tells me that he has the advantage.

Rannik

09-07-2006 22:25:02

Sith are ALWAYS more powerful than Jedi anyways.... >:)

Shirai

10-07-2006 02:54:01

Not neccisarily...Luke vs Vader

Obi vs Anakin

Yoda vs Dooku (he knew he was going to die so he used a distraction to escape).

Luke vs that other guy on the ship that crashed with Lomi Plo and Raynar Thul.

Luke vs Raynar Thul, and Lomi Plo.

All Jedi won.

Kal

10-07-2006 03:21:43

For you Sith nuts, it is a weakness to assume one side is stronger than the other. A Sith usually loses because he always believes that he is twice as strong as his foe. If Maul hadn't got cocky after stabbing Qui-gon, he would have schooled Obi.

Vessicant

15-07-2006 17:09:36

Yes, Jac, they both suck compared to you.

Dooku would win.

Makashi relies on parries and keeping the blade positioned for a thrusting or cutting counterattack. Juyo relies on swift strikes delivered one after another without a real focus on strength or patience. Dooku would wear down the hotheaded Zabrak by foiling his attacks and taunting him, then when an opening presented itself BAM.

Then there's the Force. Dooku is more powerful hands down. Force lightning, telekinetic kill, Force wedgie. You name it.

Maul would probably make a good show of it, but eventually he'd have his lightstaff shoved somewhere unpleasant.

Shirai

16-07-2006 00:58:34

Dooku would stomp his ass. If you have the Force at your hands, and is more skilled in it than the opponent. Fairly good chance that you would win.

Aabsdu

17-07-2006 17:13:09

Not neccisarily...Luke vs Vader

Obi vs Anakin

Yoda vs Dooku (he knew he was going to die so he used a distraction to escape).

Luke vs that other guy on the ship that crashed with Lomi Plo and Raynar Thul.

Luke vs Raynar Thul, and Lomi Plo.

All Jedi won.

The only reason jedi won is because fantasy sucks and the good guys always win. That's one of the main reasons I love Ep III so much is because for the first time the bad guys won! Woot!

Shirai

17-07-2006 22:29:01

Well sorta...sometimes i root for the good guys, and sometimes the bad. Its a weird standby.

Kal

17-07-2006 22:58:01

If the good guys didn't win most of the time, the bad guys wouldn't be pissed off and attack the good guys for revenge. Therefore, the bad guys thrive cause they get their asses kicked by the good guys on a regular basis.

Shirai

18-07-2006 00:26:53

that is true...but some are just messed up (Palpatine)

Kal

18-07-2006 01:26:10

Yes, but why is he messed up? Because of the good guys!

Aabsdu

18-07-2006 14:34:43

I hate good guys. Who is it that's always freaky cool aliens with cool faces, powers, and lightsabers? Bad guys! Who is it with the super cool guns or hats that when throw can dehead a statue? Bad guys! I practically never root for good guys because the good ones are usually simple humans of the sort while the baddies are the real cool ones

Shirai

18-07-2006 15:20:30

except three...Yoda, Mace, and Luke

Aabsdu

18-07-2006 16:52:13

Mace was cool, and Yoda, but I didn't really like Luke. He was just a big wuss >:)

Kal

21-07-2006 16:47:56

Ya, but he was trained by an old fart who'd been hiding in the desert for how long? I mean, can you blame him?

Shirai

21-07-2006 17:22:48

lol, true but eventually he became a Grand Master, and allowed some the Jedi to use Force Lightning. Got to love it.

Kal

22-07-2006 07:13:33

Exactly my point. He was one of the best characters. :lightsaber:

Aabsdu

22-07-2006 15:35:07

Actually, it's not called force lightning if the jedi use it. I believe it's called Electric Judgement

Baron Zarco

22-07-2006 18:20:23

You have got to be kidding me! Politically correct Force Lightning!!!

Click clack - Zarco loads his weapon to kill himself.

Shirai

22-07-2006 21:42:47

Electric Judgement, what kinda sh*t is that. Wow, they try to cover up the fact there using a power the Sith used their entire generation for torture and painful electrifying death.

How sad is that.

Arcadian

28-07-2006 17:08:14

Very sad, Electric Judgement...lol

Kal

28-07-2006 18:26:16

Except that the Jedi version is different. Force Lightning is the Sith version. Electric Judgement is when the Jedi make it yellow and green and all sorts of pretty little colors that make you wanna vomit.

Arcadian

28-07-2006 19:58:09

Yellow and green? WTF

Kal

29-07-2006 00:40:46

Lukey boy did it in a comic or a book or somethin against the Vong and it was green, and Plo Koon did it in Jedi Power Battles and it was yellow.

Check wookieepedia, it's there.

Arcadian

29-07-2006 10:35:13

I just might check wookieepedia o.O