501st

Odium

05-12-2005 01:47:57

Okay so....after playin BF2 a little it got me thinkin....what happened to the 501st Stormtrooper Squadran? Surely "Vader's Hand" didn't just dissappear! Did they hire outwards? Did they disband? Do WE have them?!?

So if anyone knows, or is perhaps interested in deciding what happened please, let me know!

Many thanks,
ACO Odium :maul:

Welshman

05-12-2005 05:29:22

I think that some of the 501st may have been sent out with Thrawn into the Unkown Regions to help with his conquests out there as I'm pretty sure they turn up in the book Suvivor's Quest. Again I'm not 100% sure but I guess it would explain why they dissapered off the face of the galaxy heh.

http://www.theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=43345

There's some history on that link, Empire of the Hand is the organisation Thrawn set up in the Unknown Regions

raven8

05-12-2005 11:44:42

its actually vader's fist

Tarax Kor

05-12-2005 12:01:32

its actually vader's fist

Originally. Later, when Thrawn was around, those who still followed the Empire (and not directly him) established the Hand of Thrawn and moved near the Unknown Regions/Csilla. That's where they've established themselves since then.

Odium

07-12-2005 02:13:19

So We don't have command of them, and we don't exactly know where they are?

Yeah sorry, bout the "Vader's hand" thing it had been a couple hours since I first heard the nickname and so I forgot it...I knew it sounded less harsh the way I wrote! :$

PRT Odium :maul:

Dark hunter

07-12-2005 07:25:30

So We don't have command of them, and we don't exactly know where they are? 
Yeah sorry, bout the "Vader's hand" thing it had been a couple hours since I first heard the nickname and so I forgot it...I knew it sounded less harsh the way I wrote!  :$
PRT Odium  :maul:

It's actually vaders fist that they are called.

Welshman

07-12-2005 11:10:53

The reason we do not command them is because we are not the Empire and as such we couldn't control any of their units. And by the time we are in the timeline the Empire of the Hand along with their own version of the 501st is well established in the Unkown regions and as they aren't mentioned in any of the other books of the era one must assume the only elite Imperial 501st in the galaxy is the one in the Unkown Regions under the control of Parck.
One of the only elite squads still mentioned in the books is the 181st Fighter squadron.

raven8

07-12-2005 11:46:06

actually i already pointed that out

Odium

08-12-2005 02:48:18

That's actually what I was refering to.

:P

k...That's what i wanted to know! Thanx!

:maul: