ROTS/SWBF2

Kaine Mandaala

01-11-2005 10:35:59

I think I'm only going to buy SWBF2 because my birthday and Christmas are right around the corner. I have to give people an "easy" gift, and ROTS is about as simple as it gets. No one is going to buy me SWBF2, but I'll guarantee at least five family members are thinking to get me ROTS.

Halcyon

01-11-2005 10:40:13

Getting both tonight after work. However, does anyone know if Best Buy is having any promotion with RotS? I know the price is cheap today only (at least in Canada) but are there are extras as well? I ask because I know Wal-Mart is selling that extra DVD...so I'll probably go there to get it. Getting SWBF2 at EB since I sold a couple games to put a downpayment on it...plus I have a discount coupon too for EB :P

Lech

01-11-2005 10:48:23

I want the movie, but I'm actually not that big of a fan of battlefront. I'm looking forward to the Empire at War game coming out in February.

Kaine Mandaala

01-11-2005 12:43:08

Getting both tonight after work.  However, does anyone know if Best Buy is having any promotion with RotS?  I know the price is cheap today only (at least in Canada) but are there are extras as well?  I ask because I know Wal-Mart is selling that extra DVD...so I'll probably go there to get it.  Getting SWBF2 at EB since I sold a couple games to put a downpayment on it...plus I have a discount coupon too for EB :P

Best Buy was giving away a free lithograph with the purchase of ... something. I don't recall if it's both or just one. BUT I think there was some sort of catch, that you have to join their 'club'.

Halcyon

01-11-2005 12:47:16

Wal-Mart it is...I'll buy some discounted chocolate too while I'm there :P

smoke20

01-11-2005 12:50:25

Bought both last night at midnight..

Timbal

01-11-2005 15:54:59

Have BF2 for the PSP and the PS2, got it about an hour ago. Getting ROTS from Wal-Mart after work (Gotta get some cold cuts too, so might as well. :P)

Kaine Mandaala

01-11-2005 16:14:38

I'm a bit torn - I want that extra disc from Wal-Mart but I don't want to shop there, nor do I want my family to shop there... Maybe I'll wait to hear how the disc is.

So - there's your task DJB members. If you buy ROTS at Wal-Mart for that extra "Skywalker" disc, let me know how it is, if it's worth it. Whether it's a must-have piece of history or it's just some rehash crappy documentary please say so.

MichaelArkarso

01-11-2005 16:58:42

Not as I haven't bought the other major star wars games or the other star wars movies over the last years ...

Halcyon

01-11-2005 22:06:17

Apparently they're not selling the two-pack at Wal-Mart up here (Canada). Either that or I went to an idiotic Wal-Mart...which is also likely :P Just bought it at Best Buy and got $2 off (yay McDonalds Monopoly :P)

I'm into about the 4th or 5th SP mission with the 501st. I'm enjoying it...nice to have a more coherent storyline involved.

Tarax Kor

01-11-2005 23:07:26

Skipping both.

I don't like any of the prequel episodes in order to buy them on DVD, and I don't really want any more games atm.

Aabsdu

06-11-2005 12:26:06

RotS is the best of the prequels though!

MichaelArkarso

07-11-2005 09:12:03

RotS is the best of the prequels though!

Ever thought that Episode 1 was the best of the prequels, ... well mentioned I'm pretty alone with that oppinion :'(

Aidan Kincaid

07-11-2005 21:36:44

I enjoyed them all for their SW content. When watching a SW movie I try not to concern myself with the acting or plot... I'm in it for lightsabers and Force usage :P

And really the only good part about ep 3 was the last 40 minutes... the first hour and a half was a series of horrible, horrible one liners. The opening space battle comments were the worst :P

Or when they walk into that force field thing with Palp "We're smarter than this" - WTF kind of line is that? :P

Tarax Kor

08-11-2005 00:29:38

Or when they walk into that force field thing with Palp "We're smarter than this" - WTF kind of line is that? :P

It's a Jedi line, Shad ;P

Oh and I bought SWBF2. Yeah, it rocks. :P

Uzbad

01-12-2005 18:39:10

I'm gettign ROTS for christmas. My dad already told me that my mom is buying it for me, and not to get it myslef. :P

I'm skipping the game, becasue well...Its a game. And I dont game.

Trooper Kale

18-01-2006 09:43:48

i will tell u why. because they both have certian gamplay genres that the other game would not. rots has u playing has jedi using force powers and a lightsaber. swb2 also has u doing playing as a jedi and weilding a lightsaber. but u also get to play as the republic, empire, rebels, and CIS. and each of these factions has there own hero. for CIS it is darth maul. i love playing his character. saberstaffs rule. for the rebels it's han solo. for the republic it's obi-wan. and for the empire it's darth vader. so just go out and but them both.

Shadow

09-02-2006 06:16:33

every one should own these two essential items, i myself only have the dvd but will get the game when i can afford it, have played it and its awsome