Guild of Shadows

Jaymz

20-10-2005 10:39:00

If anyone has every seen Batman Begins, the Guild of Shadows is more or less like the leagues of shadows. Thats all I am going to say for now, if you wish to know more email me at LostSithJaymz@yahoo.com

Tulkar

20-10-2005 22:02:51

Batman Begins with awesome! And the League of Shadows rocked! I'm in!

Jaymz

21-10-2005 10:24:12

Um I need like 19 more people to join so I can submit my request for an Active guild to the MAA, so if you are even considering joining please email me.

Halcyon

21-10-2005 10:48:52

Guilds involve games..not "groups"

Spears

21-10-2005 10:58:59

If you are interested in just making a group that is not based around gaming but is instead just a bunch of people that wish to have a fictional association. I would suggest looking into the Family option.

http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/dbjedi/...%20Families.doc

khan

21-10-2005 11:32:31

Yeah what Spears and Halc said =P

Tarax Kor

21-10-2005 12:22:07

I love how Khan adds his MAA 'word'. :)

<3 MAA

Jaymz

24-10-2005 08:32:40

No this is not for just "Families" though thank you for the suggestion. The group would be based around the ACC but also involve online gaming. As to which game we would be in it is still a question to me, but as of now I have 5 people:

Jaymz

Lord Sunflash

Tulkar Ras-Kyr

Ashura Megos Isradia

B. Gillespie

Though this is still not enough, so i will continue trying.

Jaymz

03-11-2005 10:09:49

I need everyone who is in the Guild of Shadows to Submit thier name on this forum so I can make up a form and submit it to the MAA for the Guild's Creation. Thank You.

Kaek

03-11-2005 23:47:21

A guild for currently supported gaming options (like the ACC) is not going to be acceptable. Nor would it be in your interests to collect a bunch of members before you decide on a game platform to support as a guild. Please go and review exactly what a guild is before you submit an application to make one. Guilds are not just groups of people designed to play games we already play. The Player's Association is a perfect example of a Guild.

I can assure you that neither myself nor Khan will even remotely consider a vague or poorly outlined guild proposal. :vail:

Rage

04-11-2005 03:20:04

I would jaymz

Aidan Kincaid

04-11-2005 03:39:29

You people should try doing stuff in the DB before going on about creating special guilds based around a Batman movie.

Jaymz

04-11-2005 10:06:45

The Guild of Shadows is based off of several platforms, just because we havn't discussed it on the forums doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed. The ACC and Fiction is just a part of it. One of our members has already submitted a special mod for the Guild of Shadows members for JA making the Characters look diffrent. I am also going to make a section on JO and Battlefront II. We haven't fully discussed it yet though and I wasn't 100% on who was in and who wasn't. You don't know what the end result is going to be so please do not shoot down my plans before I even start the rough draft.

Halcyon

04-11-2005 10:31:13

I believe the point is this should be done outside of DB-based channel. This is not a family nor will it ever become a sanctioned guild. As such, what you are making is a completely seperate entity from the DB. All of these activities are done in the DB within the various houses and clans. To make a group dedicated to the same platforms but seperate from the houses/clans means you are then making a new group not associated with the DB.

All of this can be done with a Clan/house structure. If you want to have some sort of fictionalized "Guild of Shadows" with some friends...great. But let it be known that such a group will never have any actual standing within the DB. Period.

Jaymz

04-11-2005 10:47:01

I thought you could create a Guild as long as you had 20+ members who were willing to join + it was star wars based.

Halcyon

04-11-2005 11:03:24

Nope nope nope. A Guild can be created if you happen to have a set amount of people interested in a specific game that is not already a platform within the Dark Brotherhood.

The game doesn't necessarily have to be SW based (we've had a D2 guild at one point). But it can't already be a used platform in the DB. What you're proposing is already done in the DB...they're called Houses and Clans.

Kaek

04-11-2005 21:48:37

What Halc said

Thx Halc :vail:

kraval

06-11-2005 00:21:38

The very fact that something like this is even being considered just shows how stupid it all is. First off, leave Batman and Star Wars seperate. There's a reason that Batman didn't whip out a lightsaber and start stabbing people and it would have looked stupid if Luke had busted a batarang on Darth Vader. Batman Begins was a great movie as is the Star Wars movies, so don't go screwing things up by trying to combine them. This is a STAR WARS CLUB not "Let's put some non-star wars stuff to make gay crap." You're part of this group to participate in activities relating to the dark side of the Star Wars Universe. Instead of wasting time on this sort of effort why don't you come up with ideas for things that can be usefull for the brotherhood? Or is that just asking too much? As for these special mods you speak of for JA and such, where would you play these games? Would you host a server or would you try to use a DB server? If you're allowed to use a DB server may god help us all, because then that would mean one less server for the rest of us normal users to play on. Another thing to point out is the fact that why make a special mod for this non-existant guild anyway when you could be helping with projects such as the future GJW or the Sith war? Why on god's green earth are you wasting people's time coming up with some stupid idea such as this? It honestly boggles my mind that we have to waste time telling you what a dumb a** idea this is. Specialized dark jedi? WTF? The reason we have orders is so that our DB characters can have specializations and even though there is no order restrictions anymore that was the initial reason for them. If you need help remembering what those are, I'm sure if you take a look in the Compendium that'll be of some help to you. In conclusion, stay off the MBs for a while, it's obvious that you have little to no intelligence and you are only taking up more space that could be used for productive things. (If you're going to try to make me sound like a hypocrite and claim that what I've said here wasn't productive then you're wrong because hopefully this will be productive in stoping this idea and you obviously don't deserve to procreate. Please don't contaminate our world more than you already have.)

Borrowed from Swipes himself:

Tarax Kor

06-11-2005 01:21:18

I love it when Kraval talks dirty. >:)

Reblet

06-11-2005 10:29:25

rant

** The crowd cheers ** :-D

Nekura Manji

06-11-2005 13:24:49

W00t Kraval. Said with passion.

*salutes Kraval* ^_^

Dalthid

06-11-2005 15:03:13

what a wonderful thing, Kraval - I couldn't have said it better myself - well, maybe a bit... :P

kraval

06-11-2005 18:07:24

what a wonderful thing, Kraval - I couldn't have said it better myself - well, maybe a bit... :P

:P

Gaidal Dupar

07-11-2005 08:44:07

I've to admit it, my sincere compliments Kraval. I had been looking at this particular topic with weary eyes the last week. I think you made it perfectly clear why one should keep the so-called 'Guild of Shadows' in the fiction/run-on section and leave messageboards such as this one clean from all that nonsense. Your statement was crystal clear; Batman and Star Wars don't mix, so don't even try it. Besides, there are already so many ways to distinguish yourself from other Dark Jedi in the DB. No, just use this Guild as another way to write some kind of interesting run-on (Revan lives?) and that should most definitely be it.

Sith Bloodfyre

07-11-2005 13:38:20

Well, just to point something out, the Brotherhood is not a Club of "pure Star Wars creation." There are aspects of the Brotherhood that do not come from Star Wars, that we have all come to embrace. While I agree that the Guild of Shadows isn't quite something that would be appropriate as a guild, there's nothing wrong with people wanting something more fictionally. As has been noted, it is more of an idea that would go along with families, if it were modified a bit. Instead of trying to go outside of the lines to create something where you're in-charge, try following the guidelines that are set up. Things like that went through debate, discussion, committee, etc., to be as useful as possible for the membership.

Blah blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah, blah, be nice. :P

Aidan Kincaid

07-11-2005 19:26:12

Families are a [Expletive Deleted F-word]ing waste of time. These new people should try doing real DB stuff before going off and creating their own mini-groups within the DB. And seeing how no guild has yet been successful and families are a pain in the ass both things should be dissolved.

kraval

07-11-2005 20:56:24

Blah blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah, blah, be nice. :P

That was nice >:)

Tarax Kor

08-11-2005 00:31:31

*sings*

Love is in the air.... oh yeah, love is in the air....

Shirai

08-11-2005 01:47:43

I was talkin with him about it and it looked like this could have been fun but what kraval said was darn gon right. The only thing I had were ideas but no way to work them out. Jaymz then suggested the Guild of Shadow, and I was like man maybe I can work my magic here or somethin. :o

Jaymz

08-11-2005 10:40:12

BATMAN AND STAR WARS WERE NOT RELATED IN WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. Sorry but you guys did not read what I wrote obviously. I said if you have ever seen the Batman Begins the Guild of Shadows is LIKE the League of Shadows. Meaning it is similar in structure and Idea. Taking a group of people making them elite, then turning them loose. That was the Basic of the Basic. Thank you Halc I now know what I must do to make a guild, which would have been easier than insulting me while you had a lack of knowledge of what you were talking about. >>>>>POINTS TO KRAVAL

Anonymous

08-11-2005 10:40:36

hmm i think this should be discussed further before any conclusions are made

Jaymz

08-11-2005 10:43:40

JA was only speculation at this point, shooting down my idea before they are fully developed would be like saying that the Son of Archie Manning was not going to be a football star because he was a baby. You have to give it time to develop get stronger, not kill it at the first sign of weakness.

Sith Bloodfyre

08-11-2005 10:49:09

"I said if you have ever seen the Batman Begins the Guild of Shadows is LIKE the League of Shadows. Meaning it is similar in structure and Idea. Taking a group of people making them elite, then turning them loose. That was the Basic of the Basic."

We actually already have groups that do this, working to make members elite. They're called Houses and Clans. That's the point everyone is trying to make. Guilds are a unit that's based on introducing something new to the Brotherhood; specifically, a new game that may eventually come to full-use by the members. What you're suggesting is basically like making a new House/Clan that crosses Clan lines, and calling it something else. Or, again, a family.

My advice to you would be this: before you go about recruiting for something we don't necessarily need to then go about finalizing details, why not pull in people who would be interested in helping you possibly plot it out (if anyone is interested), get the details figured out, findout if there's support for THAT idea, then go about recruiting. That's what every other guild that has existed in the Brotherhood has had to do.

And, as has been noted for, every other guild in the Brotherhood has been usuccessful. It's a lot of work, and most people don't have the dedication and leadership skills required to perpetuate it. You're already on the wrong track.

Jaymz

08-11-2005 10:58:32

I am trying. Cooperation and Support is helpful, ideas and suggestions is helpful, discouraging insults is not.

Jaymz

08-11-2005 11:02:32

I could possibly select Battlefront II to base the Guild around. I don't think we have one for that. Now if anyone would like to help build up a story for it, that would be great, please contact me via email, otherwise, please wait. I am not recruiting I am getting the main group ready, the people to work and edit everything.

Halcyon

08-11-2005 11:26:01

*rubs at his temples*

Battlefront II is now a platform of the DB.

As stated before, instead of trying to create your own group you should instead focus on being active in your own House/Clan

kraval

08-11-2005 11:54:35

BATMAN AND STAR WARS WERE NOT RELATED IN WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. Sorry but you guys did not read what I wrote obviously. I said if you have ever seen the Batman Begins the Guild of Shadows is LIKE the League of Shadows. Meaning it is similar in structure and Idea. Taking a group of people making them elite, then turning them loose. That was the Basic of the Basic. Thank you Halc I now know what I must do to make a guild, which would have been easier than insulting me while you had a lack of knowledge of what you were talking about. >>>>>POINTS TO KRAVAL

If I wanted to insult you directly I would have been much worse. I wasn't going after you, I was going after your idea. As for having a lack of knowledge as to what I was talking about I think you're gravely mistaken. You said so yourself that this was speculation, yet you also said that there were mods being created for JA. Who the hell makes mods on pure speculation? Jesus H Christ I'm about 10 seconds away from asking an admin to shut down this whole topic because of the flame war it's gonna start up. Like BF said, we have houses and clans for a reason. And as Shad himself said, try getting active in DB things instead of creating a group that will more than likely die very quickly.

Andan Taldrya Marshall

08-11-2005 13:22:13

As Halc said, BF2 is already a DB-supported platform. If you want to keep developing this idea then you'd be wise to look at games that are not already in use. Otherwise you're simply trying to create an organization with the same goals as the DB, which will not be allowed inside the DB.

So it comes down to two options:
1) Pick a game that we don't already support
2) Create this group seperate from the DB

Tarax Kor

08-11-2005 14:58:56

So it comes down to two options:
1) Pick a game that we don't already support
2) Create this group seperate from the DB

Or 3) Scrap the whole idea. That is, if you can't find enough support for #1 and #2.

Ylith Pandemonium

08-11-2005 15:41:56

James, doesnt matter what kind of bull[Expletive Deleted] they have against you, but if you're able to pull
it off, count me in ;)

Dutchies rule! :w00t:

Halcyon

08-11-2005 16:01:34

Just so you know, this isn't "bull[Expletive Deleted]". Yes, some have more colourful wording than others but everyone is telling him basically the exact same thing: Be active in your House/Clan. Everything he is "proposing" is already done and he should first show activity in general within the DB before going off and doing his own things

Tarax Kor

08-11-2005 17:23:49

Quite frankly, I don't see why this topic is still open for discussion. Choices have been made. No Guild of Shadows. Nope. Nada. Be active in your own House/Clan first. If you come up with more creative ideas, share them with your House/Clan first. See if they're willing to participate as well. Maybe make it a small intra-House thing. Whatever.

Now it's just repeating the same things over and over again. Unless you come up with something that you can present to the MAA and other DC staff in the future, there's absolutely NO POINT IN TALKING ABOUT THIS ANYMORE. Stop being a pansy about it, you're only making yourself look bad.

IT'S BEEN REJECTED. ACCEPT IT. MOVE ON.