Next GJW

Jaymz

23-06-2005 12:37:06

Any Idea when the next Great Jedi War is going to take place? Or any of the other DB-Wide events are scheduled to take place. I know IG is currently in prgress I was just wondering about the othere : P thanks.

Korras

23-06-2005 16:42:41

afaik, it'll be a while for the next GJW. I've been told there's a good posibility I can hold an Obelisk RoS this fall... Obelisk are the next in line for one anyways. :P

Xanos

24-06-2005 06:42:39

Yeah, I expect it to be a while before the next Great Jedi War. I would assume we may have another early 2006 or something but thats easily subject to change. The club has been around for ten years and we've only had five so they're not exactly a common occurence.

Korras, like he said, has been planning the next Obelisk War for some time though. I think Bloodfyre is planning a Sith War as well for sometime this summer or later this year. I don't really know which of those two will come first, I suppose it depends how long both are meant to last and which is ready first.

Following the Independence Games though its possible some Clans may have some smaller private Feuds with each other. Its been a while since we've seen any of them so thats possible. I'm sure as soon as Rebirth is released in a couple of months there'll be tons of new competitions, if small scale, to play with some of the new features too as there'll be lots more things to play to win than just medals.

Sato Khan

24-06-2005 16:42:09

I for one wouldn't mind a little carnage and mayhem around here. The IG events were too bloody tame for my tastes.

Alanna

25-06-2005 04:39:43

I for one wouldn't mind a little carnage and mayhem around here.  The IG events were too bloody tame for my tastes.

Yeah - IG events are traditionally silly and fun. When the IGs are over, we'll start having some more serious topics.

Jaymz

13-07-2005 20:41:59

Damn I have to wait till 2006, that friggen sucks

Xhedias

13-07-2005 21:32:26

2006 is just next year...thats...5 months, it will go by quickly

Mav

14-07-2005 02:54:57

The Great Jedi War is planned for next year.

Not giving a date out yet, because we don't have one. There's going to be a lot more planning done on this one, to be sure it doesn't last four months.

It'll be good, though. Planning for it will begin six months before release - so that should tell you, don't expect it too soon. :P

Xanos

14-07-2005 08:33:25

Only six months? :P

Not much given that the last one had like 3 years :P

Jaymz

14-07-2005 13:45:21

Six months to hone my gaming skills and my writing skills....woo hoo. What did last years GJW contain? like what could you participate in?

Xanos

15-07-2005 06:33:15

The last one? Ohhh boy.... lets see....

Sith War (Prologue)
SP TIE, XvT, XWA
MP XvT, XWA, Allegiance
Mission Design, Battleplan, Graphics

Chapter 1
SP TIE, XvT, XWA
SP JO, JA
Fiction
Graphics

Chapter 2
MP XvT, XWA
MP JO, JA
Fiction

Chapter 3
MP XvT, XWA
MP JO, JA
Fiction

Chapter 4
SP TIE, XvT, XWA
SP JO, JA
Fiction
Graphics

Chapter 5 (Epilogue)
No Events

I think that was the basic jist of the whole GJW... I might be wrong on a few counts as I can't remember everything but in general a GJW includes every type of event you can think up. The different chapters all had a progessive storyline that was written dependant on the results of the previous chapter, meaning how the Clans fared determined the exact course of the plot. The second and third chapters were also somewhat different to normal... chapter 2 was a basic MP free-for-all brawl style thing between all the Clans, but throughout it the people who lost matches became "infected" with a mind controlling parasite. Then during chapter 3 it shifted from a war between all the Clans to a war between those who were infected and those who still had control of their own minds.

It ran for about four months... its likely the next GJW won't be quite as long though.

Jaymz

15-07-2005 13:14:30

Thanks Xanos. Guess all I can participate in is the Fiction, seens how my mIRC doesn't work, bastard. is the Fiction like ACC or do you have to create a fiction for a certain place/time?

Anonymous

16-07-2005 11:36:25

How would you go about doing such a battle where like everyone is fighting?

Telona

16-07-2005 23:51:04

Mallikanis: Very carefully, that's why there are rules :) But really most MP battles are one on one or whatever you can organize.

Jaymz: Typically for a GJW the fiction involved will have a topic in relation to the storyline. The ACC is completely different but may have a place of its own in the GJW.

Jac Cotelin

17-07-2005 01:36:14

just FYI: If you want to know wehat a GJW stucture, story and event catalogue looks like -- go here:

http://gjw.darkjedibrotherhood.com/FifthGJ...fthGJWStory.asp

Jac

Tyrus

18-07-2005 01:48:36

indeed, it is very shall i say for lack of better term rigidly structured i applaud all those who have the bloody hard task of organizing it

Jaymz

18-07-2005 08:22:09

Wow, um, how long did that take to constuct?

Xanos

18-07-2005 12:22:15

2 years preparation, 6 months intensive planning.

Tyrus

19-07-2005 13:31:15

oh, glad im not on the dc :P

Jaymz

20-07-2005 13:31:16

Um, do you guys have a life....at all?

Telona

21-07-2005 16:01:25

Heh, some of these guys don't :P Some just have too much extra time and then some just can sit down and crank out a bunch of stuff in like thirty minutes.

Jaymz

21-07-2005 16:07:21

thats insane, btw Telona, blow anything up lately at work? Or are you too careful for that?

Xanos

22-07-2005 17:46:53

Um, do you guys have a life....at all?

No.

Telona

22-07-2005 17:53:17

I don't 'blow up' anything. I take care of my customer's packages and keep things safe for the people flying the planes and those on the ground. :P

Now game wise, I'm eyeing that 'Destroy All Human's' game for some stuff to blow up.

Tyrus

22-07-2005 21:24:00

nah...im eying bf2...which i have already played the xboxlive! demo and the mp is AWESOME!!! you must buy this game...there are minor lag problems but they happen once in a milliniea...other than that its perfect and i think its rather balanced...and you can do car bombs!!!

Jaymz

23-07-2005 10:00:54

OMFG, is that all you do is play Star Wars games. I admit some of them are alright, but thats it alright, you are missing out on the [Expletive Deleted F-word]ing Awesome games like Doom 3, Midnight Club 3, Ghost Recon 2, Chronicles of Riddick: ESBB, and Half Life. Those are in my top lists of Awesome games. Republic Commando is about 30 out of 100.

Aidan Kincaid

23-07-2005 21:14:18

Umm right... STAR WARS CLUB....

We can own, play, etc other games all we want. In the DB we discuss and play Star Wars games... It's a crazy concept, I know, but seeing as we're an Online STAR WARS GAMING club we tend to stick to the Star Wars games.

Jaymz

23-07-2005 22:08:47

Then you have no variety.

Halcyon

23-07-2005 23:31:54

*rubs his temples*

Is it really so hard to grasp the notion that people in a Star Wars club may like playing only Star Wars game? Or that a SW club only uses SW games? Is it THAT hard to comprehend?

Also, many people do play other games. However, for "official" purposes, we use SW games. Plain and simple.

I will also add that not everyone has money to spend on any game they choose. I myself don't have all the money in the world, nor do I have the time to play a ton of games. As such, I stick to Star Wars games since I like them.

It would be best that you stop putting down or having a "holier-than-thou" attitude towards the games people play or the time people spend in this club. It's annoying and I'm sick of seeing it myself. You like other games? Great, wonderful, fantastic. THey won't be used as official platforms though. You know this, it's been said numerous times and it has been discussed years before you ever even knew this club existed. It's time to grow up and move away from your constant nagging on this subject.