News Article

Jaysun Adumarii

17-07-2007 09:09:24

I'm having trouble with this part of the fiction comp, im just drawing a total blank as far as what to write down or how to structure it. Is anyone else having a problem with this or is it just me.

Braecen

17-07-2007 09:12:47

Aye. Plenty of individuals are having trouble with either the format or the content.

The easiest way to jump start the 'ol noggin is to review the Wookiepedia and review events have occurred since the Vong arrived (25 ABY) to present (the very beginning of 27ABY). Focus on a single event, or happening, that involves the YV... it could be as simple as their first victories or a report on how dovin basals work (good idea!).

Hope that helps!

Cuchulain

18-07-2007 13:12:31

Also, read up about what happens on Coruscant. What are the first things the Vong do when they get there, and how would someone on the ground see all that is happening, would the reportr have been a Kate Aidey (sp? :S ) kind and been on the front line or how many pairs of underpants would they have gone through?

RevengeX

19-07-2007 08:11:18

Another good idea is to skim over some articles from 9/11 as Nathaniel suggested.

Timbal

20-07-2007 14:15:31

What I did was to grab the general layout of an existing news article and replace the graphics and content. That should help. I did mine from a Time online article.

MAKE SURE YOU STATE WHERE YOU GOT YOUR SOURCES, THOUGH...

Lucien

20-07-2007 17:08:00

I would combine Braecen's and Timbal's Ideas. Focus on one specific thing about the invasion and add pictures. This is what I attempted to do with my submission.