GJW X Debate: Light Jedi; Yay or Nay?

Halcyon

18-09-2011 18:19:28

The Dark Council has come to each individual Clan and House system to discuss the issue with the light jedi currently a part of the Brotherhood. Opinions on both sides of the issue have formed, with both sides putting forth their arguments to the Dark Council on whether or not to keep these light jedi around.

In Odan-Urr a similar conversation takes place between themselves and whether to continue to stay a part of the Brotherhood or find their own path away from the darkness

Light Jedi; Yay or Nay? Debate Event
-The debate will be conducted in specially designated forums, already set up for each House/Clan. Passwords may be obtained from Consuls and Quaestors
-Each Clan/House will decide who will form the two teams that will debate one another
-Clan/House members will debate one another on whether or not it is a good idea to have the light jedi as part of the DJB
-Members of Odan-Urr will debate on whether it is a good idea for them to stay with the DJB
-There must be a minimum of 3 members per team and each member must post to count for participation
-Same person may not post back-to-back for their team
-Same team cannot post back-to-back
-Cannot edit your post once another post is up
-To “count” for participation a post must be at least 250 words in length
-Debate is to be “In Character”

Scoring
-Entries will be graded on Grammar, Readability, Continuity and Persuasiveness of argument
-If a Clan or House is not able to get the requisite minimum number of participants, or have a completed debate, they will earn no points

Either side may begin with their opening statement

Kal

22-09-2011 23:44:42

Darkest greetings, mighty Brethren under the Ascendant Throne. May the Dark Side keep you strong.

All of you know who I am; my name is Kal Vorrac, Honoured di Plagia and Battlelord of the Sith Order. Today, we face a new chapter in Brotherhood history, one marked already by sweeping reforms and massive changes. Eight years ago, we faced the insurmountable, the undefeatable; the Yuuzhan Vong destroyed our foothold on Antei, vaporized millions loyal to our Dark Tower, and desolated two of our system's worlds. Five years ago, we sought to retake our homeworld, only to find the filthy Jedi usurping our seats; many of our Brethren died, or were turned. Our Temples and sanctuaries were destroyed; our world was set ablaze. Lord Sarin himself fell to the Jedi leader. Our great Clans have grown weak, reduced to Houses; our followers have dwindled and many have been vanquished. In the past two years alone, Plagueis has nearly crumbled, alongside many of the Brotherhood's other groups and sects. We are on the brink, Knights of Ascension.

And now, some would vote to continue this trend.

On this day, at the edge of despair and on the eve of War, we come to you to represent those who would stand against this trend. Those that would defy the weak, refuse the selfish, and slay the pathetic and afraid. A new House has crept into the ranks alongside adherents of the Final Way; it is an abomination and a heresy, and must be destroyed. The Jedi Order's shard has dug its way into our side, and if we are not quick to act, it will putrify and infect us before leading to our utter destruction. Today, we will show you that preserving a seed of the Knights is folly, and that this seed will give those too weak to stand beside us a way to deter us. We will remind you all that true competition, that which fuels the Dark Side, does not allow for compromise or the herding of our enemies. We will tell you that it is a waste of our few and precious resources to supply our prey, and that every day that we allow this tumor to fester is another where they begin to steal our secrets and trade them for their own advantage. Most of all, Brethren, we will remind you of the greatest threat that the Dark Jedi Brotherhood has ever faced, the highest possibility for compromise. Should these Light Siders ever change their opinions, they will call down the Galactic Alliance on our heads; our allies will be few and our enemies insufficient as fleets are blasted aside, planets are conquered, and Jedi by the thousands rain down upon our heads.

If this occurs, Plagueians, all will be lost. I now give the floor to the head of our opposition, those that would stand for the so-called defenders of the Light.

KaHavaVe

23-09-2011 07:18:47

An almost generic alarmist response to something new, Master. You have chosen to attempt to terrify us at the thought of Light-siders, so let me attempt to show how we may do what we have always done; control.

Many former Plaguians have fled to Odan-Urr, including former members of the summit. Many of them would undoubtedly retain sympathies for their former home. The same is true for other Houses, from which Odan-Urr will end be as a great melting pot of manipulation. By the time the House brings its own up fully, enough to convince its members to break from the Brotherhood, they would be as entrenched as we are; none of the Jedi Order would believe them to be truly light after years living in Darkness. And in the meantime, we may sow the seeds of dissent and manipulation, to truly make them as dark and as vile as the rest of the Galaxy would hold. Within time, the threat of revealing the brotherhood would be lost to them, for they would be in just as much danger as us, and their mentality would change from the self sacrifice of the light, to a tone of self preservation.

Was it not you, Master, who once told me that Plagueis is famous for its ability to survive? When Satal Keto and Exar Kun merged in the Dictum of two skies, we were weak, tis true. Yet when the first home of Plagueis died along with its star, did we not distill that weakness, let it seep from us as we were challenged to fight the stars themselves, trapping our enemies within its fiery grasp? In the seventh war, when Plagueis fought against old and better organized clans, who fell from our ranks, the strong or the weak? The weak, as is their place. When Diadem Fortress was struck at by foolish rebels, who did such fools and rogues manage to slay? The weak, of course. During the Eighth war, Plagueis fought as the rear guard when the rest of the Brotherhood retreated.

My point is this; if they come as friends and resources, I shall welcome them as allies and tools. If they come as enemies... then I could use a new cutting stone for my knife.

MaolNorLexu

24-09-2011 02:11:19

Greetings my fellow Plaguians.

I view the current situation as a dangerous move for us. If it not now it will then eventually.

Why would we have the thought of keeping them, the Light-Sider among us where millennia ago we declared war against them. Not just that, we already declared gone from the galaxy by the Jedi Order. Their already denied our existence to the world but why..why must we took them to live among us now? Why? It was perfectly clear that the Jedi denied our existence among them, and why would us, tainted our code to preserved them here. The peace is lie there only passion.

What a foolish move to welcome them even though they come as friend or resources or whatever they would be when you know that they are the enemies at the first place. Can you see that they already recruit some of our former Plaguian to join forces with them. Eventually their strength will increase and at some point I might say it was already our dooms. Instead of making them as vile as we are, we were destroyed little by little. Yes the Jedi Order might not accept them as a truly light but liked how we would treat them, they will be treated as a resource for the Jedi after all. With such valued information I don’t think that the Jedi Order would ignore them, to use them more likely. During that time, it was already the end.

For that I want to emphasize that, rather than treating them as a resource in the Brotherhood and ended destroying us it would be better to not have that idea at the first place.

Voden Erinos

24-09-2011 09:22:55

Gentlemen,

After reading the arguments of my opposition, I find myself perplexed to say the least. As my esteemed colleague, Mr. Unus Domus most eloquently stated, your claims are baseless and merely reflect a fear of evolution. Two years ago, House Odan-Urr was established by our esteemed Dark Council, headed by the Grand Master Muz Ashen himself. While this decision has been criticized by many outspoken advocates, some of us have seen the wisdom in it, and it goes back to the ancient adage:

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."

Mr. Lexu, can you still discount the judgement made by our Grandmaster? Tactful as ever, he has implemented a Jedi force into the Dark Jedi Brotherhood, directly under himself in a hierarchy as a foil to the other Houses for when he deems it necessary. However, you yourself and the esteemed Master Vorrac seem to believe these Jedi could very well be the Dark Jedi's demise.

Open your eyes, gentlemen!

Look around you!

These Jedi are astronomically inactive. How could they deliver any blow against the Dark Jedi who outnumber them by the very least seven fold? Who continuously strive to better themselves and develop at a rate that supercedes the Jedi's own progression? I don't know about you, but I definitely do not find myself quivering in my boots at the presence of such insolent weaklings.

You doubt my words? Take a look at their archives, which have more dust on them than the Master-at-Arm's promotion and medal rolls for them. That's saying something. I believe that the only danger these Jedi present is the one we have already amongst us. It is our own vices that cause us to doubt our leadership; our principles; Plagueis itself. That's why we have lost our brethren to those fools.

But when the day comes that the Grandmaster's fickle interest averts to new things, I assure you brothers, that we the Dark Jedi will have little trouble tearing into the feeble Jedi who populate our Dark Brotherhood. It will be then that they make up for their current inaction, for then they will be striving to just survive. Then, we shall know the true intent of our glorious Grand Master and his broad visage for the followers of Odan-Urr...