Clues for the GJW!

DStephens

15-06-2006 00:18:41

Hey I figured I would post our "clues" in here so maybe we can get some ideas flowing without cramming peoples mailbox with spam. So comeone lets get the juices flowing:

COMMITTED BY PLAGUEIS

1. Naga Sadow, home of some of the more militant members against those
joining the Brotherhood from the Imperial Remnant has been accused of
sending strike units comprised of their elite 'Black Guard' to sabotage
Plagueis-owned ships on trading routes. Plagueis, well known for being
the new home of many newer recruits from various remnants, insists that
the aggression is due to discrimination, and demanded that the Dark
Council put a stop to it.

2. An Assasination attempt was made on the Scholae Palatinae on Antei
during the midsummer revel. An intervention by the Royal Guard was
needed to fight off the attackers. The Chamber of Justice has dropped
the conspiracy charges against the Plagueis summit as non-applicable
since the perpetrators had formally renounced their Clan Plagueis
membership the day before making the attack and were thus rogues.

3. A regular patrol of Arcona space turned up missing, the debris of a
blasted ship found in the vicinity inciting clan-wide hysteria that
Plagueis had ambushed them. Plagueis delegates deny any involvement but
failed to produce any relevant flight logs or register excerpts

4. The training plan for Plagueis equites contains an entry "Basic
elemental powers" with a summary word-identical to confidential
Taldryan Clan power lore.

5. According to anonymous sources in the Council, the recent feud was
predated by a Tarentum complaint about Plagueis fighters practicing
strafing runs over the Tarentum HQ

COMMITTED AGAINST PLAGUEIS

1. A blaster registered to Clan Tarentum and set to overload was recently
found lodged in a waste dispoal chute on the cruiser Vengeance.

2. Several members of Clan Plagueis have recently reported being
"attacked" by their own shadows while on Antei.

3. Plagueis members receive unsolicited clan joining offers containing
promotion promises and bribes appearing to originate from Braecen.

4. In an uncharacteristically open display of aggression, four Plagueis
Novices were fatally stricken down by a drunken band of Taldryan
journeymen at the end of a pub crawl. Taldryan refuses to make amends,
claiming the attack was provoked.

5. Multiple Clan Plagueis members have been held and tried with harsh
sentences on Naga Sadow premises for petty theft of easily available
materials like standard library books. In all cases, the convictions
were based on conveniently discovered circumstantial evidence like
Plagueis letterheads or coinage on the site of the theft.

Aabsdu

16-06-2006 20:36:58

Maybe we should also add to this the orders Sarin has given out to us...

ORDERS

1. Official war against Clan Naga Sadow for their false accusations against us and for holding our members without reason

2. Denied alliance with Clan Arcona

3. Shoot-to-kill order against Braecen Kunar for illegally using the Kunar name as well as bribing clan members.

Raken

18-06-2006 07:22:43

As a reminder: We get 1 point for each member who posts in each week. With 84 in the clan, we should technically get 84 points a week if everyone were to participate. Obviously that won't happen, but so far we only have like 11 unique posts with week one ending this coming Wednesday. If you haven't posted already, try to find yourself a niche in the story somewhere and contribute.

Aabsdu

18-06-2006 12:28:52

And remember that you're guarenteered a Nova if you post at least once for five weeks. IE: You earn at least five points. You posts have to be at least 200 words, though, which isn't too hard

Raken

23-06-2006 05:03:38

If no one has any issues with it, I'm going to use this thread as a sort of OOC clearing-house for things that come up during the run-on.

I'm enjoying what's been written so far. I suggest if anyone wants to post some notes on their character, do so here. We should all also be checking each other's character sheets as we're all writing each other.

Something to note when writing Raken: He is extremely taciturn. If he does speak, it's usually very brief and in plain language. He feels strongly that actions speak louder than words. For ship comms, he might acknowledge your transmission with a 'click' of the mic. When issuing orders or relaying instructions, he would simply enter tactical information into the computer and then disseminate it to the squadrons.

Otherwise, great job so far on all of SV's and KV's posts. My next posts will continue to introduce content for us to partake in that ties in with the overall story until we receive different orders.

Tolter

23-06-2006 18:57:32

Ohh and I also remember seeing this in the Run On Jon has in the CP Forums, if a persons name is italized and underlined with black dots, that means they are currently posting... correct me if im wrong on that...

Raken

25-06-2006 06:02:42

Ohh and I also remember seeing this in the Run On Jon has in the CP Forums, if a persons name is italized and underlined with black dots, that means they are currently posting... correct me if im wrong on that...

That's right. Also, by mousing over the name of the person browsing the forum, it will also inform you as to their activity, i.e., reading..., posting..., etc.

Raken

25-06-2006 06:22:14

Here's a question about the clues:

Who was the SP member that was nearly assassinated by former CP'ers gone rogue? Was that ever named, or is it left to us to decide, or yet to be revealed? I ask because it is a factor in my plotting of the Investigations fiction.

Thanks

Sunflash

27-06-2006 10:56:19

Back to the clues...

Here is the one I recieved today...

During the course of your investigations ("Suspicions" event), you have gained
potentially valuable new information about the proceedings in the Brotherhood.

Note that the below information may be truth or complete rumor - this is for you
to figure out.

There were hushed comments about the rather tattered look of Jac's robes when he stopped for Brunch at the CSP stronghold just after 11 on Independence Day.

Kind regards,

the 6th GJW office.

Clueless as to what it means, but it does go along with what Sarin's clue...

Sunflash

27-06-2006 11:35:00

Here is Sarin's clue...

During the course of your investigations ("Suspicions" event), you have gained
potentially valuable new information about the proceedings in the Brotherhood.

Note that the below information may be truth or complete rumor - this is for you
to figure out.

After Jac's appearance for the 11am Independence rites in the Krath temple, orders at Silriad's tailor shop - responsible for his new robes - have soared. Expect a six week wait if you're an Elder. A year if anything less.

Kind regards,

the 6th GJW office.

Both mine and his fit together, but how?

Aabsdu

27-06-2006 11:39:13

Make this topic strictly clues, not any of those questions. If you have a question, I'm sure a simple email will do.

My Clue

On a night out, Firefox accidentally dropped a few coins from his robe. One of them was engraved with the CoJ logo and the word "guilty" on one side and "innocent" on the other.

When I see this I think it says that the courts are just flipping a coin to see rather one is guilt or innocent. That's what I get off it

Raken

27-06-2006 11:39:26

Raken's Clue:

The grapevine rumors that Jac may be close to resigning found new fodder when
the GM appeared unusually tired for his 7am address in the Dark Hall on
Independence Day.

Silent

27-06-2006 11:39:31

New clues if you got them put them here but here is the collection i have so far:

Silent:

On an Independence visit to Plagueis, Jac called forward Jonaleth to
award him a Seal of Loyalty though he had already done so the same
morning in the Dark Hall

Aabsdu:

On a night out, Firefox accidentally dropped a few coins from his
robe. One of them was engraved with the CoJ logo and the word
"guilty" on one side and "innocent" on the other.

Sunflash:

There were hushed comments about the rather tattered look of Jac's robes when he stopped for Brunch at the CSP stronghold just after 11 on Independence Day.

Tek:

Tie Phantoms attack Gryffon Prison, while two shuttles loaded with weaponry land for use by the escaped prisoners

Sarin:

After Jac's appearance for the 11am Independence rites in the Krath temple, orders at Silriad's tailor shop - responsible for his new robes - have soared. Expect a six week wait if you're an Elder. A year if anything less.

Raken's Clue:

The grapevine rumors that Jac may be close to resigning found new fodder when
the GM appeared unusually tired for his 7am address in the Dark Hall on
Independence Day.

Archangel

27-06-2006 11:57:57

Arch's clue:

Jac has been debating hiring a new Seneschal, a Chiss from the
Ascendancy. This has provoked anger from several other councillors who fear
that a Chiss having knowledge of the Brotherhood's workings would place
Antei at risk from the ruthlessly efficient Chiss War Machine.

Aabsdu

27-06-2006 15:37:20

Ok, from my clue I get the feeling that the courts aren't taking the time to actually review cases, but instead they just flip a coin to see what the verdict will be. As with the ones concerning Jac, I heard one thing that Jac might be an impostor. This seems highly probably to me for a number of reasons. First, he's trying to get a Chiss as the Seneschal. Second, he awarded the same award to the same person again even though he had already done it earlier that day. Third, he managed to out-run one of our fastest by almost ten seconds. Fourth, his new robes boosted a small-time tailor's business greatly.

All of this sugests that this impostor may be using Jac to try and boost the tailor's business while at the same time infiltrate a Chiss into the temple. That's just a sugesstion at this point in the war.

Theophilus

27-06-2006 17:08:26

Hmm... these clues regarding Jac tie in rather well with the attack on him revealed in the new chapter of the plot, called "Machinations". If anyone has not yet read this, I suggest they do, as it seems to reveal some information regarding Jac's status. I also think an impostor is likely.

Tolter

28-06-2006 14:43:06

I haven't gotten a clue?! is that bad? lol

Aabsdu

28-06-2006 16:26:31

You get clues for participating in events. Thus, if you participate in an event you will receive one clue once that event finishes

khan

05-07-2006 10:34:56

Ok this might not be a clue per so but we really need to think about this whole situation.

First: We have two Jacs. How is that even possible ? The idea of someone passing for Jac is unbelievable since whoever is, even a shapeshifter, whould lack the power to emulate Jac's. Also anyone close enough to feel his presence can tell the difference from one person to another. The only explanation is, IMO, that eighter both or one of them are clones.

Second: Assuming my idea of the cloned Jac, this will take some very rich organization to pull something like this out. To make the clone believable he had to be taken recently because the clone should have recent memories of Jac to pass as such and think himself as the real deal. I don't know how long it might takes to create a fully grown clone but perhaps the sample needed to make this clone was taked while he was measured for his new robe. Hairs can bee good enough to take the genetic code needed to created a clone (at last in SW) and it whould be fairly easy to get a few hairs off of Jac's robe while he was there.

Third: The motive. The motive if quite easy. As anything involving power struggle it always ends up in money or power, or both of them.
Still assuming my idea is right, the only reason why someone whould pull a stunt like this is to lights the fire of a civil war. And that might be done with the only objective of let us destroy ourself without the need of the dirty work for themself.
So we should try to figure who has more to gain among our enemies from this. They might be after our planetary resources, our territories or other things I can't think of yet but whoever did this, must be one of the few that actualy know our whereabout wich should narrow down the possibilities.

Shirai

05-07-2006 20:43:34

I think the Chiss probably come into this, look at Arch's clue. The Chiss probably want to destroy us all, why no better way then to have a man on the inside.

khan

05-07-2006 21:25:08

The clue perse if quite laughable. First of all we have some Chiss already in our ranks and it does not take a member of the DC to know the working of the brotherhood. They might be involved but since we are on the very other side of the galaxy from where the Chiss live, I think this is unlikely.

Shirai

05-07-2006 21:34:38

By the gods hes right. Well I don't have any other ideas who could be behind this. Only ones I know that could make clones are....i just thought of somethin, Elders can make exact replicas of themselves, is it possible for them to make clones of someone else as well.

khan

06-07-2006 05:47:43

It is possible for elders to create a doppleganger but let's see the description of the power :

"Doppelganger: An expansion upon the Homunculi knowledge, this power allows the Jedi to create perfect clones of himself, without his mental abilities, these creatures are driven only by the emotions of their creator, and answer his will with unwavering devotion. A Doppelganger will retain all physical abilities of the creator, and the Jedi may create even more powerful versions as their understanding develops."

It might seems possible for another GM to create such a complex clone of Jac BUT the important part, his memories and his behavior, whould be the real trick. I'm not sure this is even possible but from what I understand of this it is possible to create a clone of yourself only meaning it had to be made by Jac himself which I think whould remember making one and probably whould retain the ability to dispell the creation at will.

Shirai

06-07-2006 13:00:51

AHA, couldnt someone copy those memories from Jac nad make a clone from him.....I didnt say that JAc was the creator, another Grand Master could be behind this, or multiple Elder of such.

But you said that Jac would remeber making a clone, what if he didnt.

khan

06-07-2006 13:18:53

That is actualy a scary option. If really Jac forgot he made such a complicated doppleganger we're in deep truble. Not because the original can't defeat the copy but because it means the GM is starting to lose his mind, wich is the scaries thing could happens. Fictionaly speaking see what happened last GJW.

As for the memories being taken from Jac there are dark teachings to steal the knowledge from a person but it require to successfuly attack the target of with it and as we know, Jac is supposely a bad mofo when we come to this.

For now the clone or a puppet clone, seem the most reasonable explanation, even for the semplicity wich whould take to aquire a sample.

Shirai

06-07-2006 13:32:34

True, True, but for what reason...to cause destruction within the Dark Council, or to test them. Who knows.

khan

06-07-2006 13:44:36

As I said, the only reasons why someone whould pull a stunt like this is to gain eighter money or power.

I make a distinction because money might give you power but power WILL give you money.

Anyway, we have plenty of resources in the systems controlled by the DB and for whoever want to put their hands on them, if that is the target ofcourse, the only way to do it is to wipe out the brotherhood. Following the old saing, divide and conquer, a clone of our Grand Master will cover that function since it's known ( I take for granted they have been spying on us for some time) the kind of loyalty we show toward our leader.
The best way to do it, as we can see, is to send a clone claiming to be the real one and gathering support to take out the "usurper". At this point the DB whould have been split in half (like we are) within the clan themself; clanmate vs clanmate.
At this point the DB couldn't be more divided AND our enemy just need to wait for the fruit of their work to grow and take what they want once we are gone by our own hands.

Shirai

06-07-2006 13:57:17

OMFG....your right. Whoever planned this is a genious...they sent in the clone right when the GJW started. Making it a more easier way to destroy us. But the thing is how do we stop them.

khan

06-07-2006 14:07:17

The GJW started because of this. They had a few force users infiltrated the ranks of all clans, a few per clan whould be enough, and then have their agents to start making sabotages to this or that clan leaving clues of other clans involvemnts. At that point was is inevitable, we are still Dark Jedi after all.

Shirai

07-07-2006 00:04:03

Due to the recent events it is now becoming clear what Khan is saying. Yet again the question pops up. How do we survive?

Jonaleth

07-07-2006 18:38:41

A new clue:

"Rumours suggest the captain of the Autarch almost fired upon Blue Jac's shuttle because the IFF codes didn't match up."

Shirai

07-07-2006 19:57:34

whats a IFF?

Anonymous

07-07-2006 20:39:50

New Clue:

"The person targetted in the Council blast was Xanos, he was supposed to be there."

SBM Lusankya (Sith)/Satal Keto of Plagueis
GC / SC / StA-WG / DC / Cr-1T / CF-BlF-RF-GF / S:-2Al
{SA: U:TL - U:TE - G:L - G:ICQ - G:MSN - G:AIM - G:HTML1 - G:HTML2 - G:PHP1 - S:CORE - S:ISET - S:ESET - S:TAC}

Erdon

08-07-2006 10:10:18

New clue:

Since Sarin's contact with alchemically altered glue, he behaved "very weird and Arcona-friendly."

Aabsdu

08-07-2006 12:37:02

New Clue:

At a starport nearby where assassins recently made an attempt on the Grand Master's life an abandoned shuttle was discovered, apparently having come from Kamino

Shirai

08-07-2006 13:52:29

How are you guys getting these clues?? Through e-mail.

Aabsdu

08-07-2006 16:07:49

You get clues by participating in events

Shirai

08-07-2006 22:45:32

What else can I participate in!!! I cant do games.

Raken

09-07-2006 11:13:03

whats a IFF?

Identify Friend or Foe

It's an electronic recognition system used between combat platforms like tanks, helicopters, and planes. It's supposed to tell you who is friendly and who is enemy, though doesn't always work out like that.

Niman Master

10-07-2006 16:55:09

The Jac with the fancier robe is very obvoiusly the real Jac because the other one has a Dossier # of 7830 while the real one has a dossier # of 6. The real GM can not have a dossier 7830.

Rannik

10-07-2006 17:45:24

the GM can have a high dossier, but u could also be right....

Shirai

11-07-2006 00:23:12

wow brilliant...well not really, because this is not based on what is shown on the dossier numbers, which I'm sure anyone who has access to the thing can change it.

Look at Master Corran Force, his dossier is #1, when he wasnt even close to first person to be here.

khan

11-07-2006 01:34:20

No but when he rebuild the whole site and database when Zoraan and Dek went ballistic he started rebuilding from his very own dossier, so he got the 1st =P

Now, historical lesson aside, the number of dossier doesn't mean much since the storyline can't and shouldn't be defeated by technology limitations. There are a few issue with Blue Jac dossier as the lack of position GM in his ID line and a few minor BUT that's out limitation. Story wise they are identical, forget about things that can not be fixed.

Aabsdu

11-07-2006 11:49:31

Here's another updated list of all our clues so far. Right now Plagueis has sixteen clues, but that number should go up after some of the gaming events end. Also, Khan is right, don't let technical problems ruin all the fun of the storyline.
  1. Muz' instinct in podrace betting has recently been impeccable when he backed a previously unknown, mysterious human driver in the Rim Series.
  2. [/*:m]
  3. Financial audits of Plagueis' accounts reveal several payments in the order of 4,000 to 7,000 IC to Sarin's account from an anonymous account at the central bank of Aurora Prime.
  4. [/*:m]
  5. Most bettors lost their money when Jac - sportive as ever - beat accomplished runner Quejo by more than 10 seconds in a before-breakfast warm-up lap around the Arcona stronghold prior to the Independence athletics event.
  6. [/*:m]
  7. On an Independence visit to Plagueis, Jac called forward Jonaleth to award him a Seal of Loyalty though he had already done so the same morning in the Dark Hall
  8. [/*:m]
  9. On a night out, Firefox accidentally dropped a few coins from his robe. One of them was engraved with the CoJ logo and the word "guilty" on one side and "innocent" on the other.
  10. [/*:m]
  11. There were hushed comments about the rather tattered look of Jac's robes when he stopped for Brunch at the CSP stronghold just after 11 on Independence Day.
  12. [/*:m]
  13. Tie Phantoms attack Gryffon Prison, while two shuttles loaded with weaponry land for use by the escaped prisoners
  14. [/*:m]
  15. After Jac's appearance for the 11am Independence rites in the Krath temple, orders at Silriad's tailor shop - responsible for his new robes - have soared. Expect a six week wait if you're an Elder. A year if anything less.
  16. [/*:m]
  17. Holographic images of Sarin in very... obvious... acts with Pyralis have been circulated. Data experts have no reason to doubt their authenticity
  18. [/*:m]
  19. The grapevine rumors that Jac may be close to resigning found new fodder when the GM appeared unusually tired for his 7am address in the Dark Hall on Independence Day.
  20. [/*:m]
  21. Jac has been debating hiring a new Seneschal, a Chiss from the Ascendancy. This has provoked anger from several other councilors who fear that a Chiss having knowledge of the Brotherhood's workings would place Antei at risk from the ruthlessly efficient Chiss War Machine.
  22. [/*:m]
  23. Corran Force was seen in the infirmary a lot after his last visit to the more shadowy parts of Antai. It's said he was never good in the "heal disease" department.
  24. [/*:m]
  25. Rumors suggest the captain of the Autarch almost fired upon Blue Jac's shuttle because the IFF codes didn't match up
  26. [/*:m]
  27. The person targeted in the Council blast was Xanos, he was supposed to be there
  28. [/*:m]
  29. Since Sarin's contact with alchemically altered glue, he behaved "very weird and Arcona-friendly."
  30. [/*:m]
  31. At a starport nearby where assassins recently made an attempt on the Grand Master's life an abandoned shuttle was discovered, apparently having come from Kamino
  32. [/*:m][/list:u]

Arcadian

14-07-2006 22:07:28

Thanks Aabsdu :D