The Shadows of Markosian - Macron, Shirai, Maelous, Roxas

Xanos

14-01-2014 14:45:51

Markosian City, once the capital city of the planet Tarthos, has been sealed behind an energy shield for two years. Nobody has gone in, and nobody has come out. But an unknown contact recently made contact with Consul Malik. This figure from the Markosian underworld has agreed a deal: he will lower a sector of the shield, if we agree to take out a rival, Lerona Khan, who he claims has set herself up as the ruler of the imprisoned city.

You must return to Markosian and investigate the truth.

Will you help Malik's suspicious contact, and secure a potential new ally?
Or will you instead strike a deal with Lerona Khan, or even a third party?

Rules:
- Posts must be a minimum of 250 Words in length.
- You can edit your post until another person has posted. Once someone has posted after you, any edits to your post will disqualify your post.
- There will be no posting twice in a row.
- Disable signatures on the forums.

Xanos

14-01-2014 14:50:57

Temple of Sorrow
Sepros

Governor,” the hologram said.

The translucent blue-white image of the Togruta was mocking him. This criminal, and the man could only have been a criminal, nobody else lived inside Markosian City anymore, he knew full well that the Dlarit Corporation was no more, its control of the Orian system having ended.

The star system’s dark rulers having retreated back into the shadows.

Malik stared back into the eyes of the Togruta, who still refused to offer a name.

“There’s no need for formalities,” the Consul replied, with a sneer as equally sardonic as the criminal’s own. The bark of the Neti’s neck creaked as he leaned closer to get a better look. All that remained of one of the Togruta’s lekku - their head-tails - was little more than a stump.

“Well?” the Togruta pressed, growing impatient. For a mere criminal, the man did not seem at all worried to be addressing a Sith in such a manner, seeming to think himself secure beneath the shield dome that had cut Markosian City off from the rest of the system the last two years.

“What is your answer? Do you agree to my terms?” the Togruta added.

That was quite enough, Malik decided, and raised a hand.

In a matter of moments, a hand, or more like a branch, had appeared beneath the holographic head and had wrapped around its neck. The blue-white hologram was looking up at Malik, its eyes widening. The man choked a pained plea. “S...stop,” the Togruta grunted, coughing as Malik reached out across the stars to press the Togruta’s windpipe together, choking him.

Then the Consul released his grip, and the crime boss gasped for air loudly, the illusory arm around his neck vanishing.

“I think we have an agreement,” Malik finally answered.

The crime boss was currently in no state to answer, his pants for air still audible over the link.

“I will send a team of my best men to deal with Lerona Khan,” Malik said, “and you will enable that, by opening a hole in the city’s shield dome so that we can bring an end to her monopoly.”

Earlier, the anonymous Togruta, who had somehow obtained a way to directly contact the Consul -- probably old security codes the criminal had dug up inside the quarantined city -- had explained how Lerona Khan had wrestled control inside the isolated Markosian City. Because of the Crusade, the Clan had left Markosian to fend for itself, but this Togruta, he had come to Malik with a solution that had not previously existed. In exchange for agreeing to work with them in the future, the Togruta would open a hole in the city’s defences -- and let them in.

Despite his initial hesitancy, the Consul was not prepared to let this chance slip through his fingers. Markosian City remained too valuable an asset to be left in the hand of petty gangs.

“Well?” Malik said, sounding just as sarcastic as the Togruta a few minutes before.

The hologram flickered, but nodded. “Y... yes,” the criminal said. “T...that works.”

Outside Markosian City
Tarthos, Orian System

The massive blue energy shield stretched as far as the horizon, like a massive net that had been cast over the landscape, enshrouding not only the great spires of the city, but the farms, fields and mines that had surrounded it, and whose profits had once lined the halls of the Clan.

But no longer.

Markosian had been cut off back when the disorder had become too much and containment had been the only option, forcing one Jeric Cyrin to lock the city away. Indefinitely.

The surface of the energy sphere glinted from the light that reflected off the crystalline sphere called Ombus that glowed in the night sky as two small shuttles descended toward the point that had been agreed with the Consul’s strange new contact in the city’s underworld...

Shirai

17-01-2014 18:32:36

Outside Markosian City
Tarthos, Orian System

The deployment ships aligned in unison as they hovered over their designated landing spot. Outside the Markosian City, it was a sight to see from Shirai's position. He had never been to the city, especially since the city was taken over. The landing went unnoticed as the Aedile finally opened his eyes from meditation. He immediately took in his surroundings as if coming back from a deep sleep. There was his team around him. Dark Side Adept Macron whom he had been his partner in terror in many occasions. It was a familiar and somewhat dangerous feeling of someone having your back. What with them being a madman with destructive Force Powers.

Maelous and Roxas were also along for this mission. They were battle tested and were perfect for this situation, the group had worked well together in the past. Even despite what they may face on the other side of the shield. Finally they would liberate Markosian from any who dare claim ownership of Naga Sadow territory. And just like all rats, their useful betraying usually got them killed for it. Shirai could only hope it was his blade that would be his executioner, but they had matters to attend to first.

The Dark Jedi landed, unbuckling their seatbelts they began to make their descent off the ship. The wind was picking up, blowing dust and other particles in the air. All of its stopping dead against the giant blue field, protecting the Markosian city. The team looked at their objective, this was certainly one of their more dangerous missions. Death knows no prejudice. Even Sith Lords find their place 6 feet under sooner or later.

They waited for their opportunity to infiltrate the city. Their contact was supposed to give them a slight opening through the dominant blue force field that stood before them. The Sith Warrior clad in his clan armor took a step forward, looking at the team with bloodlust gleaming ever so softly in the back of his eyes. "Time is almost upon us. Don't know if I can hold for much longer." The eagerness was obvious through his clenched teeth.

Roxas

18-01-2014 12:56:56

Four Hours Ago
Sepros

Roxas strode down the halls of the Temple of Sorrow, the memories of the last time he was here still fresh in his mind. He had been deemed a rogue and was marked for treason, but he didn't see it that way. To him he was rooting out the treason of Locke taking over as Consul. None of it mattered anymore because a Son of Sadow now held the position and another was the Proconsul. The Mandalorian wasn't in his recently improved Strike Armor, but was dressed as an assassin with his irregular black cloak that he used to glide through the sky.

The Sithspawn stopped outside the Consul's office and waited until he knew that the Neti was ready for him to enter. He didn't know why the Consul had called him, but knew not to disobey the orders of a Son of Sadow.

"What are you waiting for?! Get in here allready!" The Sith called from his desk.

"How can I help you lord Consul?" Roxas asked politely as he entered the room and shut the door behind him.

"How did you 'fail' your training with Fremoc, but still be knighted?" The Neti went straight into what he wanted without any hesitation or formalities and Roxas respected that.

"It's hard to explain, so I'll just say that I refused to learn the philosophy of the Force." The Templar said with a shrug.

"DON'T GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND OR ANY LIES!" The Consul demanded as he slammed a bark covered fist into his desk and released a small telekinetic burst of energy as it hit "I want to know why Macron throught it was such a good idea to improve you. He could have healed you without all the extra. I need to know you aren't a threat to the Clan!"

"I'm no threat..."

"You hold a grudge against a member of the summit and have fought against former summit and Clan organizations on more than one occasion!" The Stih continued to demand answers. "What makes you so damned special that you think you can do these things?!"

"I only do what I think is right for the Clan with due respect and as for my training it's complicated, but let's say;although, I was trained by Fremoc, I wasn't trained by Fremoc." Roxas reasured, so that it was understood he wasn't planning to harm the Clan.

"What do you mean?" Malik sat back down with those words after realising the Mandalorian was going to tell him what he wanted without a show of force.

"Well I'm sure you know of 'Demonic' and how it changes him, well I was trained by Demonic." The Sithspawn started his tale.

34 ABY
Tarthos
Pepoi Compound

A punch landed squarely in Roxas's face, sending him back peddling a few steps. The then clean shaven unexperimented Mandalorian was quick with his Force abilities and tough as nails. Another blow came at him, but he evaded and returned a kick at Fremoc. The two men were in their normal training routine.

"Don't see my attacks! Feel them!" Fremoc shouted out as a kick caught the Mandalorian in the chest causing him to hit the ground and gasp.

"Trust me I feel them." He rasped as he climbed to his feet.

Fremoc could see that Roxas almost had the strength of a knight, but was still heavily lacking in Force knowledge and technique. And as he thought of how he would show this to his apprentice a weak Force blast caught him in the face.

"I've been practicing off the clock." Roxas said proud of himself until he felt a ripple in the Force and knew what it was.

Demonic had been released which meant he pissed Fremoc off more than he intended. The Equite's lightsaber ignited and Roxas replied by igniting his armory saber. The blades gave an electronic clang as Roxas did everything he could to not get killed. He could see the strength in Demonic was that he was two people in one. Roxas took the beating like a champ and was hospitalised for a couple days after. Strangely Fremoc didn't remember using Demonic, which lead Roxas to believe that Demonic had appeared of his own accord.

Every training session after that even if Roxas didn't land a decent blow on Fremoc, Demonic would arise and take over the training by pummeling Roxas into the ground and almost killing him each time.This went on for months while Roxas gradually gained the ability to last longer against the unbeatable moster that was Demonic; all the while secretly using the Force to help him learn to use a lightsaber effectively. Roxas began to wonder if Fremoc could even fully control Demonic.

After feeling he had a decent amount of skill with the form Shii-Cho Roxas began trying to learn Demonic incase he would ever have to truly face them in combat. And the day that Fremoc was to leave for the Dark Council was the day that Roxas picked to try and defeat Demonic to show Fremoc that he wasn't a failure and had learned from his training, but was rebuffed.

Present day

The large Neti rocked in his chair with an odd creeking sound for a moment while rubbing his bark covered chin. The tale had given him a few question, but he wasn't sure which ones he really wanted to know the answers too.

"Hard to believe?" The Mandalorian said to break the silence.

"So...can you use 'Demonic'?" The Neti blurted out, curious if he could learn the power.

"Sort of, I didn't develop the split personality thing, but I did learn that it is a Force form. And I am able to use that." The Sithspawn replied trying to be truthful to the best of his ability.

"Demonic is a Force form?...that...makes sense, but how did he develop a split personality then?" The Warlord said to himself, but noticed Roxas give a shrug for the second question.

"I don't know why Macron 'enhanced' me and I don't really care why because I can't undo it and don't really want too...I feel...like this is what I'm supposed to be." Roxas said to answer the question from earlier.

Malik took a sip from his bottle of Sadow before replying "I have a job for you. Two teams are being sent to Markosian city to try and retake the city. I want you to get control of the rayshield that surrounds it while the rest of our clanmates decide to either work with or against the person that is trying to strike a bargan with us."

"No problem, I'll make sure to be inconspicuous and quite. I'm sure you don't want knowlede of this to reach the public and that you want me to work as if I was never there." Roxas hashed out the details of what he figured was the job.

"That's correct. By the way how did you lose your eye?"

"I didn't lose it, I keep it covered for protection." Roxas answered, but tried to keep his secret to himself.

"From who?" Malik asked with a forceful tone, as if he would help the Mandalorian with an enemy.

"I'm not protecting me." Roxas said crypticaly, which was a trait he isn't particularly known for.

"Well, in any case. You should hurry the rest of the teams will be departing soon." The Son of Sadow stated as an order and received a nod in reply.

Macron Sadow

18-01-2014 14:28:34

Outside Markosian City
Tarthos
Orian System
Now

“"Time is almost upon us. Don't know if I can hold for much longer." Shirai grimaced as a slight crackle appeared in the blue field. The Sith Warrior’s lust for combat was plain. It was mirrored by the three that stood with him. A thin sliver of air began to show in the blue field as Shirai gritted his teeth.

“I think we’re about to get the opportunity,” commented Maelous dryly as the crack opened wider. The armored Sith Knight peered into the opening. “I’m seeing some activity down the street. It appears they have blasters.” He grasped his unlit lightsaber and clutched it in one hand. “Here they come.” Red backlit his face as the former Jensaari lit his crimson weapon.

"Somebody in the back is trying to set up an e-web." Roxas unlimbered a repeating blaster rifle and signaled to Macron with three fingers up, then one pointing into the gap. “We’re not exactly the subtle types. The Consul sent us for a reason. This situation needs a hammer.” His hands jacked a switch that put the weapon in an armed mode. "I'll shut that firebase down."

“I agree,” Macron chuckled. “You want me to go first?” The Dark Side Adept took a deep breath and unclipped a lightsaber hilt from his belt while drawing down the faceplate on his helm. His voice echoed from the vocoder within. “Considering every one of us is a student of the Juggernaut path, is wearing some sort of armor, are all obviously carrying weapons, and we all have the worst of intentions…” The madman giggled as he ignited his orange weapon with a *snap-hiss*. “This is not a stealth operation. I’m happy to oblige. For Sadow!”

Shouts echoed from within as the crack within the azure field finally stopped it’s dilation. Confusion oozed from four visible men in police battle vests as they dashed towards the crack while raising blaster rifles. They began to fire at the rushing armored madman and the three powerful Dark Jedi that followed. Blaster bolts flew as two red blades and one tangerine sword of fire slung them with sparks back their creators.

Green bolts of energy hammered from Roxas’ weapon as he pinned down the operators of an e-web blaster before they could fully set it up. The Mandalorian’s highly modified repeater hit hard, blowing off one of the riot policeman’s arms at the elbow. The victim dropped the cable he was holding before it could be connected to the fusion droid that stood ready. “Got the gunner nest,” he shouted. “Karking bastards knew we were coming.”

“It doesn’t… MATTER!” screamed Macron as he stuck his spear hand crushgaunt-clad left hand through one of the foe’s chest to protrude out the man’s back clutching a chunk of his internal organs. A left front kick shoved the gurgling body back off his arm as he deflected a blaster bolt with the right. “Lerona Khan is a dead woman! Feel the FEAR!” screamed the madman as he threw his blade in a whizzing arc at the shooter. The disc of orange fire flew with the Force and bisected the human neatly at the waist. The Alchemist dropped the pulsing offal he still held and casually slung the blood from his fingertips in an arc to splatter across a nearby wall.

Maelous and Shirai had continued forward while Roxas and Macron dealt with the closest group. Some twenty meters down the narrow filthy street three blast-vest clad thugs stepped from a nearby alcove and hurled grenades at the two Sith and the pair of Brotherhood warriors behind them. A thermal detonator flew through the air towards Macron in particular. The Orian system was known for it's baradium and the weapons packed a powerful punch of incinerating radioactive heat. Unfortunately, the Sith did not appear to notice the bomb in his rage.

Maelous

20-01-2014 15:14:25

Markosian City
Tarthos
Orian System

Shirai saw the object as it came arching down towards him and Maelous. The Sith Warrior’s free hand shot forward sending a wave of Force energy toward the detonator, it slowed then was redirected back toward the thugs it had come from. It struck a building about ten meters from its new target and detonated, sending a cloud of dust and debris into the street.

Maelous roared a rage filled war cry through the vocoders on his helmet, as he charged toward the cloud, Shirai on his heels. As the heat dissipated, the two leapt as one through the dust using it to hide their movements. They came down with sabers hummings as the armored thugs tried to escape the wrath of the two Sith.

Behind them The Mad Alchemist laughed as the crackle of lightning exploded from his fingertips. His victim convulsed and fell to the floor as vitreous humour of the eyes boiled and exploded outward. The dust around them settled as, Maelous cut clean through the last of the blast-vest thugs separating his torsos from his waist. They heard the low thrum of an explosion followed by the rubble of the shock wave as it passed around them.

Roxas came around the corner and stepped toward Macron, “That should buy us some time.” The surrounding area had grown deadly silent for a brief moment as the four of them looked around. Just when it seemed the area may have been cleared they heard commands being barked in the distance.

Macron grinned behind the mask of his helm, “Never a dull moment here,” he began moving down a narrow alley, followed by Maelous and Shirai, as Roxas covered their rear with his blaster.

“Now that they know we are inside they will throw wave after wave at us,” his voice carrying a note of possible joy.

“So we cut through as we go,” Maelous said in a matter of fact tone.

Roxas glared at the Knight for a moment “You’re as mad as he is!” pointing to the Adept.

“They will probably send every bit of militia and thug they have at us at this point,” offered Shirai, “it’s probably better we try and get there undetected, or at least as undetected as possible.”

The four rounded a corner and came up behind five guards taking cover behind a small blockade. Within moments they had dispatched the unaware guards before they could raise an alarm. Turning down another narrow street they continued. They moved on in silence, single file, about 2 meters between them. As they came out at a cross road, the buildings across from them erupted in blaster fire. They dove for cover.

Shirai

23-01-2014 00:49:38

Markosian City
Tarthos
Orian System

The rest of the team turned their attention to the sudden eruption of fire from the opposite building. There, next to them, were large stone pillars. A few of them wide enough to cover a man. The blaster fire exploded all around them and they all dove for cover behind them. "Sithspit!" Shirai barked over the heavy fire they were receving. The Dark Jedi exchanged looks with one another as they plotted.

"We need immediate action right now!" Maelous shouted.

"You don't say?" Macron said with an evil smirk. He looked towards the Aedile. "Shirai. On me."

Shirai nodded. He started to concentrate on the Force, letting the Dark Side take over him. Letting his Rage consume him. A familiar home and a place of blissful chaos. Blood brought out his berserker mentality, something he could never truly sate. It seemed that the unstoppable Elder beside him was embracing his Juggarnaut power.

He jumped out from behind the pillar and used the Force to jump across the street. Shirai followed suit, jumping right into the fray of blaster fire. They deflected shots as they both drew the main fire from the shooters from the building. This at least took some pressure off Roxas and Maelous to advance. It was a small building but housed inside were gang marksman ready to take their heads off. They all seemed to be on the first level, for the Sith Alchemist used the Force to run on the side of the building.

Following his lead Shirai also used the Force to scale the wall. They both cut their way into a different window to a surprised gunman. The Sith Warrior cut through with a righteous war cry. There inside were a few soldiers surprised by the sudden appearance of the Dark Jedi, then simultaneously they all began to fire at him. However the hallway was pretty wide so it allowed him so manuevering space. He jumped up as the man in front of him fired, using the atheltic style of Ataru he dodged the fire.

He landed next to him but was not quick enoguh to dodge the red lightsaber that cleaved through his entire body. The kill added to his Rage, as his eyes fluttered in pleasure. Sound seemed to deafen and timed seemed to slow as he blocked blaster fire coming from down the hallway. The Aedile chanced a look towards the Mad Alchemist and he could see bodies already littered from where he entered. But he had disappeared. Truly something to be feared on the battlefield.

Roxas activated his lightsaber, "I think its about time we take the city back. What say you Maelous?"

The Dark Jedi Knight in unison activated his own. "Aye. Its about damn time."

Roxas

28-01-2014 20:39:49

Roxas and Maelous charged, their sabers humming twin songs of death. The two Sadowans blocked blaster bolt after blaster bolt as they closed the distance to their foes. The lightsabers slashed and burned through light armor, clothing, bone, and flesh with ease. Macron and Shirai continued their assault as well. The four men didn't let the pressure up. The battle was full of blood and burning flesh as the Sadowans demanded a foot hold on the city and they would have it. The price of getting in the way would be the loss of life.

A soldier fired a rocket at the team and Maelous replied by hitting it with a Force Blast. The rocket exploded, creating a large cloud of smoke that gave the four Sadowans the cover they needed to quickly take control of the ambush. Shirai and Maelous combined their telekinetic skills to launch an attack through the veil, while Roxas and Macron attacked with blasters and lightning respectively. Once the smoke cleared the streets were littered with corpses and the sounds of battle were over.

"We need to hurry and get to our target." Shirai stated flatly. The group agreed, they had spent enought time with the weaklings and time was of the essence.

Roxas reached into his pocket and pulled out his datapad. With the push of a button a map of the city showed on the 3D display.

"According to the intel we need to head west from the gate to reach our target." Maelous said while clipping his lightsaber back to his belt.

The four men got their bearing and rushed toward their target, but this time they were more weary of traps and ambushes in hopes they wouldn't be spotted again any time soon.

Macron Sadow

28-01-2014 22:28:42

Markosian City
Tarthos
Orian System

“More will come soon, and they will overwhelm us by sheer numbers. We are strong, true…” Macron looked around and spotted a nearby landspeeder with a darkened cowl. “But we have limits. This way!” The Alchemist reached inside the speeder and yanked out a handful of wires from under the console. Sparks flew from the severed ends as the Sith attached lines together with a hydrospanner. His fingers twirled the lines together. The Elder hammered on the dash. “Start you filthy sack of bantha dung!”

Roxas spoke up as he scanned the area with electrobinocs. “No movement just yet. Nothing on thermals… wait. Yes. I see some heat sigs but they appear to be fleeing locals.” The Mandalorian set a thermite grenade on a hastily stacked pile of rubberite tires.
The charge ignited with a searing light and the rubberite burned with a foul stench and heavy pooling black smoke. “That ought to give us some cover and something for them to look at.”

Shirai joined the others as they boarded the now-working speeder. It dipped and bucked slightly as he sat down in the back. “I had no idea you had those sort of skills…” the Sith Warrior remarked as Macron revved the propulsion unit. The Alchemist ignored him as they swept down the street with the cowl closed. Shirai checked the charge on his lightsaber hilt. Another glance as the corpses behind them became obscured by the smoke brought a smile to the Aedile’s face.

“He was a gang member in another life, or so I heard,” quipped Maelous. “Is that true?” The Sith Knight counted the hand grenades he had picked up from the dead that littered the area of their former battle. “Seven. That’s a good number of cryobans.” Maelous checked his armor for damage almost habitually. Rumor also had it that the underlevels of Coruscant was the beginning of Macron’s insanity although he had no intention of bringing that up.

“Old habits die hard, I suppose Jensaarai. As it is with you. Buckle up for safety.” The Sadow chuckled as the other three strapped themselves in. “That’s right. I grew up in the guts of Coruscant before I became as you see me now. Markosian is nothing compared to the sublevels in the Factory District. The things you see there… such sights.” The speeder zipped along at a normal, unhurried pace. It appeared just like every other speeder that passed as what appeared to be riot police headed towards the West Gate. “I lived. That is enough.”

Ahead of them appeared a security complex attached to a very large projecting disc aimed at the sky above. From it emanated the energy shield. “Impressive tech,” commented Roxas. “That’s a damn expensive shield.”

“I’m wondering the same thing we all are. Where the hell did she get that?” Shirai whistled quietly. “Must’ve cost a fortune. I saw one of those once, in my time with the others.” He had seen one shield a city that his former House had assaulted. It had held them for some time, until the fleet had been brought in directly.

“Irregardless, I’d bet money that our quarry lies within. Two of us will provide a diversion and shut down the shield, and two will need to get deeper inside and kill that woman stone-cold dead. As much as I would relish feeling the life leave her mutilated body myself,” the Adept giggled as the speeder stopped on a nearby street. The madman turned around to face the others. “I’d be a better diversion and I know how to shut that generator down. Who stands with me, and which of you will go and do the Consul’s bidding?”

Maelous

29-01-2014 22:54:51

Markosian City
Tarthos
Orian System

Roxas climbed down off the speeder, “Come on, Maelous,” he said, “let’s go take care of this Lady.”

The Knight nodded as he stepped off the speeder, he turned to face Macron and Shirai, “Enjoy yourselves,” he rasped through the vocoder, “I know I will.”

The speeder lurched forward and rocketed down the street, taking a hard left at the cross street. Maelous turned and began to walk in the opposite direction Roxas falling instep with him.

“What’s the plan?” the Sithspawn asked.

“I don’t plan,” replied the exile as he scanned the building to either side of them, “Nothing ever goes as planned in combat. It’s easier to just be able to operate on the fly.”

“So we just walk in and mess everyone up?” the Prelate asked as hey turned down an alley.

The Sith smirked under his helmet, “Seems like the most effective way, and I enjoy the chaos.”

“Dude, you really are nuts! Fun, but nuts.” blurted the Mandalorian as he shifted his blaster rifle.

Maelous stopped and looked up at the large structure in the distance, “Please don’t call me ‘dude’,” He paused taking in the scene then turned to Roxas, “That is where we need to be, right?"
Before the he could give a response the pair pressed themselves tightly against one of the walls at the sound of approaching soldiers. Roxas crouched peaking around the corner quickly, then returned.

“Looks like two squads, maybe twelve, thirteen men total.”

The knight pushed himself off the wall pulling one of the grenades he had brought as he stepped into the road. The soldiers, thugs really, stopped as their commander barked orders.

“What are you doing?" Roxas yelled as he wheeled around the corner not willing to leave a teammate alone in the open. “You got a death wish or something?”

Maelous held the hand out that held the grenade lifting it into the air with the Force, “Possibly,” his voice sounding even more like broken rock through the speakers of his helmet.

Without warning the grenade shot out of his hand towards some of the men as they split up to move into cover. The grenade landed within feet of its target and went off, sending out a blast of cold that blackened the skin. The exiled, Jensaarai, charged at the now disorganized group in front of him; while the sithspawn laid down suppressive fire. They would make short work of these thugs, Maelous thought grinning to himself. Deep down he knew the real battle was still ahead of them.

Shirai

30-01-2014 11:11:34

Markosian City
Tarthos
Security Complex
Orian System

Maelous and Roxas left on the speeder for their other objective. With the Sith Knight rasping through the vocoder, “Enjoy yourselves,” rasping through the vocoder, “I know I will.”. The Sith Warrior nodded in agreement.

Only a difficult path lay ahead of them as they sized up the large disk emanating in front of them. Order were orders. No matter the quarry, they would find a way. "We should move before we they send more opposition our way." The Aedile added. Macron smirked at the thought.

"We just lay waste to their response squads. I believe they seem to think they could take us in close quarters and are waiting for us inside."

"You might just be right. How rude of us to not entertain our host."

"After you good Sith." Macron gestured with his lightsaber towards the entrance.

The Warrior and the Adept walked without interruption towards the entrance. A few slices of their lightsabers and they were already past the gates. Moving up the beaten path to this large facility, Shirai was the first to reach the large 10 foot reinforced door. His blood was pumping, and he could feel his head ticking. Constantly wanting something to be there so he could kill it. He ignited his lighsaber. A crimson red light sprang out and he plunged it to the bottom of the wall. He would cut through this in no time.

"I think I can sense a few of them behind the door." Shirai said attempting to spread himself through the Force to sense others.

The Sadow corrected, "Theres more than a few. About twenty of them already amassed and in position awaiting for us to enter. Not counting droids or inner defense security."

Shirai was a little taken aback. "Yea that's what I meant."

He could hear the Dark Side Adept laughing right after he said that. "More for the slaughter. Let's get this open."

Macron Sadow

01-02-2014 08:56:48

Markosian City
Tarthos
Security Complex
Orian System

“...open,” cackled the madman as he dropped an ablative smoke canister that began bellowing out silvery vapors. “That should disrupt their scanners out here. A direct frontal attack is not wise- they are surely dug in. Instead, I propose an alternate route. We’ll use this door as shrapnel.” The Sith then casually tossed an armed baradium detonator in front of the nearly-breached portal as Shirai stepped back. Macron gestured upwards towards a barred window on the first floor. “Surely you can jump that high, Warrior.” The madman gestured towards the detonator with his orange blade. “I personally wouldn’t want to be here when that goes. Heh heh.”

The two Sith wrapped themselves in the Force and leaped. Both swung lit lightsabers against the bars as they crashed through the window with a clatter of glass, sparks, and metal grating. A horrified electrical worker backpedaled away from the window. Shirai moved to cut him down as Macron shouted. “Let him live. He is no threat, nor is he a challenge. Onward to the generator. We must consider the mission. We are bound to complete it or die trying.”

The two ran towards the building’s core as a thunderous clap echoed from downstairs. Shouts and screams were followed by billowing smoke. “They got our present,” Shirai quipped. “I imagine it won't take long for Maelous and Roxas to locate the woman and eliminate her. The turbolift door is up ahead. I’m curious. Why spare the fool back there? ”

“I’m insane, remember?” The Elder pointed to his temple with his free hand, index finger rotating around his temple in a circular motion. “Heh. He’s a waste of time. They’ll have put the main generator in the basement. Nice lightsaber design, by the way. The focusing tines are a gruesome touch.”

Shirai sliced the door open and it was far quicker than the main door had been. His hand reached into the frame and yanked off the control panel cover. “Thanks. It’s locked.” The Kyandrian wound some wires together. “Alright, good to go. Get ready. Next stop: troopers, generators and sporting goods.” A few sparks popped as the turbolift began to lurch downwards. Both men ran into the cylinder quickly.

The Elder checked the baradium charges he carried in belt canisters. “I imagine these little enhanced beauties will do the trick once we secure the room. Who needs a shut off switch? Just blow the damn thing straight into the Cron Drift. Interesting. I see you have unusual skills as well,” chuckled Macron as the lift crunched to a halt. He handed Shirai a rebreather and a grenade and closed his own helm. "Care to do the honors with the choking gas?" echoed the Sith's voice from his helmet vocoder.

“Sure. One picks up things as a professional mercenary. You do what you need to survive and get the job done.” The Warrior tensed as the opening to the generator room came into view. Shirai hefted his lightsaber, threw the grenade deep into the room with his other hand and jumped from the opening in an acrobatic flip.

Macron followed in a Force-enhanced burst of speed. Orange and crimson blades of fire began their dirty work in the chamber as screams resonated from the cold metal. It would not be long now until the screen was down.

Roxas

01-02-2014 11:21:58

Bolts flew from Roxas's blaster as Mealous charged his saber held high. Damn this idiot will get himself killed if he doesn't chill out. I'm gonna have to mentor him some. Roxas thought to himself, while watching Maelous swinging his saber from one foe to the next. Beyond Maelous having his fun, Roxas saw a soldier fiddling with his comm, so the Mandalorian charged with the aid of the Force. He blew past the knight that scoff "What the frak was that?!" and stabbed his lightsaber into the soldier's heart.
Roxas then turned and continued his Force aided salughter to remove the life from the rest of the soldiers as quickly as possible. His blade vibrated violently in his hand at it cleaved each poor soul from it's body. Maelous continued fighting himself, but was getting angry that Roxas was slaughtering them faster. The poor fools didn't stand a chance against the their Force weilding foe. Maelous coupled random Force blasts with his blade, creating quite a ruckus. Roxas tried to hurry, so they wouldn't be heard as they approached the building.
Once the last fell, Roxas rubbed his head and spoke "Maelous if you want to die, let me know first. Running into blaster fire, lightsaber in hand or not, is stupid. You of all people should know that there are weapons that can penetrate the defense of a Jedi and I myself use them often. I actually have one on me now. Let's use the stealth to find this woman, before she decides to flee and we have to give chase."

"Fine, spoil sport. I get to kill her though" Maelous sounded frustrated with his reply, but he knew Roxas was only looking out for him.

"You can kill her as many times as you want if Macron has his chemicals on him." The Sithspawn chuckled as they continued to the building that was no longer glowing from the shield generator.

"True." A smile crossed the Sith's face and then he wondered "Didn't you live here or something?"

"Yeah, I own a bar on the other side of the city. Best damn place to get a drink in the system."

"We'll have to go once we finish our mission."

Roxas nodded in agreement. The two ducked and weaved in and out of cover as they continued their path to the building, passing a few patrols as they went. The two stopped in an alley by the building. Maelous enjoyed chaos and Roxas could tell, but nothing was more destructive than controlled chaos released at the right time.

"Follow me." Roxas said vaguely.

The Mandalorian walked blatently toward the building and Maelous followed in wonder. The Sithspawn got against the wall next to a door, so the Sith followed suit. Roxas reached a hand over and knocked loudly. A voice came from the other side.

"Alright, alright, I'll let you back in." The door swung open and a soldier came out "Patrols bore you that much?"

Roxas tensed his muscles then hit the man with all his might on the back of his head knocking him out. He and the Knight then just walked through the door, surprised it was so easy to get in. The building wasn't more than three stories tall and the Sadowans were in agreement that they didn't see any speeders outside, so either there was one on the roof or escape tunnels in the basement. They had to stay stealth to find her, so she wouldn't escape.

Maelous

02-02-2014 15:20:14

Markosian City
Tarthos
Orian System

Maelous’ helmet hid the smirk covering his face as he considered the idea of attempting to be stealthy. He was capable, as he had done it before, but it had never worked to his advantage. He was always found, surrounded, and then forced to go with a full frontal attack after alarms were sounded.

The pair stepped over the unconscious guards body and slipped inside. The corridor was empty, silent, and devoid of life.

“This cannot be good.” Maelous said as he drew his saber, “They have to know that we’re here.”

The Sithspawn laughed. “That guy wouldn’t have answered the door if they did.”

They moved down the the hall toward the door at the end; their boots striking the floor with barely a sound. Roxas examined the door for a moment then, once satisfied, pushed it open.

The Sith Knight stepped through into large, ornately decorated chamber and scanned the area as the Mandalorian followed him. The two glanced at each other with unease. The chamber was quiet. Not a single guard stood watch as the duo made their way deeper into the the stronghold.

They had moved through several rooms when they finally heard the faint click of shoes on tile. Maelous ignited his saber quickly as Roxas leveled his blaster into the hall the sound was coming from. After a few tense moments a finely dressed Zeltron male stepped into view.

“I am Gelon,” he said softly, “Mistress Khan will see you now. If you would please follow me.”

The Zeltron turned and began to move away. The Sadowans looked at one another and began to follow, weapons still in hand.

Gelon lead the two down deep corridors, further into the heart of the structure, finally stopping in front of two large wooden doors. With his head lowered, the Zeltron pushed one open and motioned for the them to step through. Expecting a trap, and the room to be filled with soldiers, Maelous moved through the door without hesitation, Roxas right behind him.

The light in the room was bright enough to not allow for hiding in shadows. At its center was a large table topped with platters and dishes containing differents eatables. At the head of the table sat Lerona Khan, a beautiful image in shimmering white silk.

“Come sit. We have much to discuss.” She said as she gestured to the two places set at either side of her.

Roxas moved to her right and sat into the chair, one leg draping over the arm rest. Maelous took his place at her left, but did not sit. The exile stared down at her through the dark lenses of his helmet as she began to talk. The knights senses were now in overdrive as she began to speak. She explained her position and what great things she could do for Markosian City. She cursed the Togruta contact and droned on about her superiority as a ruler; continuing at length long after Maelous had stopped paying attention.

Roxas laughed at some joke she had made, his hands still on his blaster. The Knight’s rage flared as he realized this woman was trying to convince them to abandon their mission and join her cause. He hated these kinds of beings, those that believed money and possessions could get them out of every situation. The dark side flooded him like a tidal wave as his arm shot forward in a knifehand strike. His armored fingers penetrated flesh, shredded muscle, and shattered bone as his hand entered her chest as she gasped softly.

His fingers gripped around the warm mass as his arm retracted with the same force it had entered. Blood flowed, turning her elegant gown crimson as Maelous dropped the heart of Lerona Khan onto the plate that sat before her now lifeless body.

Roxas jumped to his feet blaster at the ready as he stared at the Sith in disbelief. He looked as if he was about to speak but said nothing. Maelous turned and began to walk toward the door from which they had entered. “Let’s go find the others and take out this Togruta.”

Macron Sadow

02-02-2014 22:24:12

Night
Markosian City
Tarthos
Security Complex
Orian System

The room reeked of the coppery tang of spilled blood, acrid choking gas, and burnt offal. Ten guards had gone down rather quickly and this time the technicians had not been spared. Acrid gas from grenades and also emitted by ports on Macron's armor had cleared everyone from the room, and from the nearby halls as well. One technician's body still rabbit-kicked in reflex even as it's lungs liquefied and sloughed out from it's gaping face like bloody jello.

Both Sith had been shot by blasters as even they could not repel so many repeater blasts at once. Macron grimaced as he kneeled and placed the last charge. “Fracker got me good,” he tried to chuckle and winced. “Punctured lung.”

Shirai nodded as he cased the room for surveillance cameras and sliced them apart with his blade with one hand while the other hung at his side. “Shot me in the arm. It’s broken. That’s the last.” The Warrior checked his wrist-com by picking up the limp arm with his good hand. He keyed the receive stud. “Team Two got the target, confirmed elimination. Maelous literally ripped her heart out. Roxas apparently shot dead anyone who had seen them. No living witnesses. They’ve left the compound and are collecting the Togruta to take to the Consul.”

“Good. Nice work,” gasped Macron. His eyes scanned scrolling readouts within his helm. Inside, he could see the call signs of a capital ship and it’s swarming entourage heave into orbit from the back side of Tarthos. Shuttles and transports would be here very shortly. “Excellent work in fact. I knew this was the right team. Often a broadsword is needed where some seek to use a dinner fork. This will make people think twice. It also appears the ‘relief fleet’ has arrived.”

Macron tweaked a dial on his gauntlet readout and snapped a small cable from it to the charge. “There, I’ve set the nano-cascader to short the power supply to the block with a massive pulse surge when this baby blows. There will be one hell of a light-show, and then darkness. If I’m right it will cause a cascading blackout across the whole city as they are not connected to the Tarthos power grid.” The madman smiled. “An unfortunate power plant malfunction, and the blame will be laid squarely on the missing Lerona by the usual means. Our... arriving associates will be very helpful at this troublesome time with medical care, supplies and construction help. By the way, rumor has it that Lerona Khan was connected to the Organization.”

“I’ve not heard of them other than rumors of some organized crime cartel,” replied Shirai as he shut down his blade. “Others have hinted they are much more than that. You going to make it?” Shirai walked towards the door nonchalantly. “I have to admit, that was fairly satisfying although none were capable in the Force. I imagine we will have our time to face Jedi foes in the future.”

“Perhaps, yes. Or Vong warriors, they are quite worthy. Otherwise I will survive,” replied the Elder. “I’ll have to replace that lung, but I have spares.” The Alchemist stood and braced himself against the generator casing. “The Force is with us. They lost, and we live yet. It is the way of the Sith.” The Elder chuckled and swallowed the blood welling up in his throat with a dry heave that echoed inside his helm. “Urk. Let’s get the hell out of here.” His hand touched the wall light plate and discharged energy into it as he snarled. Sparks flew and the lights went out down the halls outside.

The two jogged down the corridors and to the main door quickly. The Sith drew heavy cloaks about themselves and became wrapped in the Dark Side, lessening their presence and causing the few people running towards the generator room to avoid them instinctively. They pushed through the blown front door into throngs in the streets outside.

The two Juggernauts gained a safe distance and stopped behind a refuse dumpster. Macron injected himself in the side with a grunt, then keyed a stud on his vambrace. "Pop goes the slime-weasel." A thunderous explosion blew rubble and stone into the air. Screams echoed from around the block corner as a massive cloud of duracrete dust obscured all vision. Sparks and flashes of light backlit the buildings with a stroboscopic effect and ozone was thick on the breeze, along with the earthy smell of shattered stone. Sirens wailed in the distance.

“Gorram,” muttered Shirai. “Think that was enough baradium?” Grit and debris clattered off the armor that both wore as they huddled behind the hulking metal box. “Grilled well done though, and it appears we have a blackout.” Lights went out all up and down the the street and the blackness crept up the buildings.

“Did I not use enough?” Macron frowned and spoke as he touched the side of his helm. “Interrogator here. The shield is down. You can begin your... er, re-supply effort. All targets eliminated. One captive, as per ordered. *cough* We need a shuttle on site for a pick up immediately. Bring a med droid. Actually, bring two. And some liquor.”

THE END