After the Crusade - Development Runon

Locke

02-01-2014 19:51:20

Hey CNS,

I'm making this topic because I want to write about my character and possibly cross paths with other members. You can use it for whatever you would like. And Summit can close it once they have their next Runon ready to go! This is not official and there's no requirements beyond the usual rules of Runons!

Medbay
Unknown Ship
Before the Crusade on Ziost

When Locke came to, he heard voices. At first, the Krath remained motionless. He still hurt in many places, his body aching in places he could not remember being struck.

"Is he getting better?" Locke heard one voice say. He thought it was familiar.

Another answered. "It appears so, though he will need further care." Locke did not know that one.

"Not here, " that first voice said. "Prepare to move him."

Opening his eyes, Locke winced and blinked under the bright light above him. Then a face slowly came into view. "Teu?"

"Yes Locke, don't worry, we're getting you out of here." She turned away, speaking to someone else again. "When we've secured him, check for any further injury first. He'll be needed for Ziost."

Locke closed his eyes again. Here? He couldn't remember where here was. All he recalled was fainting at the end of a mission on Nar Shadaa. What had happened after that? Would he manage to escape Macron after all?

Then a word floated into his thoughts. Ziost. Teu had mentioned Ziost. So they were finally going there.

---

Temple of Sorrow
Sepros
Orian System
After Ziost

Locke waited patiently, reflecting on the events of the conflict on Ziost. It was there that his thoughts had shifted. Prior to then, Locke had been content to lay low and run missions for the Clan as any Dark Jedi would, keeping himself out of the public eye. He had done that so that Kiana would stay out of danger.

But on Ziost, his thinking had changed. After a mostly verbal duel with one of the One Sith, Locke had realized that the Brotherhood had stretched themselves thin. The possibility that the Crusade had been a trap loomed in Locke's mind. He was almost positive that the One Sith had hidden their true strength and were merely waiting for the right time to strike, to wipe out the Brotherhood completely.

That was why Locke was here. He could no longer afford to sit by in the shadows. He had to do anything possible to strengthen the Clan and the Brotherhood, and that first meant helping to rebuild from the troubles that had plagued the Clan during his Consulship. His sister might be in more danger now, but if he did nothing, the One Sith would sweep across the Brotherhood's worlds like a tidal wave, and there would be no hope for either of them to escape.

So Locke had turned to those he trusted most, and offered himself to the Brotherhood once again. The political climate had changed much, but he would help any way he could. Briefly, he wondered where Amelia was. She usually had some bit of advice for him, but then, he usually needed it. Right now, Locke was focused and knew what he wanted to do, and a way had been open for him.

A door opened and Methyas stepped into the room. "Doing well, Locke, I hope?"

"Yes, " he replied. His injuries from before Ziost had healed in time for him to participate in the battle there, and he had taken no significant physical injuries on the planet. He had an inkling of what was coming next and why he had been summoned; it had been in Methyas' message: "A way to help."

"Good. You have been chosen to act as the Consul's Black Guard. He will see you now."

That was it. No ceremony, no congratulations. The Black Guard had previously been an anonymous task. In the distant past, Locke had been chosen for it before. This was good. He would be near the Consul; possibly even be able to influence him, though Locke barely knew Malik Sadow.

Methyas guided Locke to the Consul's chamber and stopped at the door, admitting Locke inside.

It was not what the Krath had expected. Sunlight streamed in through the windows, mixing oddly with the blood-red decor of the chamber. Locke stopped a few paces from the Consul's long desk.

"Reporting for duty, my lord Consul, " Locke said. He was never sure how to address those above him in the Brotherhood. Some - such as Shikyo - had despised any form of title, but there were others who would kill if not properly addressed. Locke decided to play it safe.

The Neti stood and looked out one window. His appearance still seemed odd to Locke, but the Krath knew not to assume Malik was physically slow or incapable of combat. Many had probably made that mistake and died for it.

"Consul will do, " he said. "So, you are my Black Guard. No doubt you think that you will be protecting me from assassins. But what need do I have for one man to do that? I command the Warhost, the Clan's Mechu Deru-enhanced war droids, and a host of powerful Dark Jedi."

"They do not always listen, Consul, " Locke answered. If Malik did not want a protector, why was Locke here? Had Methyas forced this somehow?

"True, but most could not challenge me if they wished to do so. No, you will not serve as my protector. Instead, you will serve the Clan. I have need of someone I can rely on, who can report to me and seek objectives I require. I can not be everywhere at once, and the Summit must lead. Yet there are other things out there that are vital and important. With Dark Jedi, one can never fully trust another. They may seem trustworthy and then betray you later - after ten years, or twenty, or even hundreds - but you will do. Know that if you do cross me...you will not like the result."

"I understand, " Locke said. So he may not always be near the Consul? How could he turn that to his advantage? "Will I have some sort of increased authority or resources?"

"Perhaps. You do not need to concern yourself with that. For now, I have your first mission: Go to Kel Rasha, on Aeotheran. We have reports that refugees have fled into the wilderness because of the recent conflicts, and that they have established their own settlements there. Investigate these rumors; I would know the full extent of this. Methyas will provide you with a means to contact and report to me. Now go, and sharpen your mind; you may need it more than your weapons in the future."

"Yes, Consul, " Locke said, bowing formally. At least he would have a way to contact the Consul. His mind? He supposed Malik had a point, but Locke wasn't sure if it was for the same reason he saw. He would have to play smartly if he was to maximize success.

Outside, Locke ran into Methyas. "Looks like I'm going to Kel Rasha again, " the Bakuran said.

"Indeed, " Methyas said. Then he paused a moment before continuing. "I need you to be my eye on the Consul. I would not call it spying, but without SHADOW, I need another view of what is going on. Report to me on what you find at Kel Rasha."

Locke stopped. He felt an uneasy feeling rising in his stomach. "Is something going on?"

"No, " Methyas said, " but you can ever be too cautious."

"Right, " Locke agreed wearily. He was to report to both the Consul and the Captain of the Guard, and they were not completely on the same page? He could find himself dead before he knew it if he was not careful. A quote drifted into Locke's mind; though he did not know from where. It suited this conversation well.

On the heights, the paths are paved with daggers.

"I'll contact you once I reach Kel Rasha, " Locke said. He would do what he had to do. The Clan would be strong.

At any cost.

Maelous

06-01-2014 17:24:43

”Command Tent”
Soybos
Sith Space

Maelous sat at the table inside his tent in front of the holoterminal, reading over a report sent back from The Crucible. The Sith had come to this forgotten planet chasing scrolls, rumored to be written by Naga Sadow, detailing the alchemic process used to enhance, alter, and combine living beings. The scrolls had been here on Soybos at one point in time, but had eventually been moved, and now he had tracked them here. Maelous had kept the archaeological team working to try and find some more clues to where they may have gone when they broke through into the first vast, underground chamber filled with a strange purple liquid.

At first he ordered the archaeologists to continue to dig in other locations and ignore the fluid. Shortly after that they found two more wells full of the stuff. The exile soon began to notice that anyone who came into contact with it seemed to gain a confidence that they had previously lacked. He eventually had a sample analyzed and sent to the Crucible. Now he sat reading through their findings.

He frowned and leaned forward reading back over the last few lines. “Spice,” he mumbled to himself as he scanned over the possible effects and estimated income that could be derived from the manufacture and sell of the substance. Maelous leaned back in his chair, an armored hand lightly playing with his beard as he considered this information. The major incomes of the Clan had waned in the time following the fall of the Dlarit Corporation, and everyone was looking for new ways to fund their operations. With the credits delivered by this rather unusual discovery, the Scepter of Ragnos and not to mention the House Marka Ragnos, could find themselves profiting in a major way. It was common knowledge that the other Clan and Houses were not overtly friendly to Naga Sadow, and who knew which one would plot to steal this recent development from Marka Ragnos.

Maelous steepled his fingers together and glowered in thought as he placed himself one step ahead of any potential enemies. He had to secure the information and make sure there wasn’t another leak. He leaned forward and pressed a button on the holoterminal, and began recording a request for the equipment listed in the report, along with some troops to set it up. The transmission was sent along with coordinates for the placement of the materials.

The Sith stood and moved over to a table and grabbed his comlink, keyed in an entry, and connected with the head of the archaeological team. “Bring me all the current information you have on the scrolls,” he didn’t wait for a reply before terminating the transmission. He sat again and waited, after a few minutes an elderly human male entered the tent.

“Doctor Corby, what do you have for me?” Maelous asked in his grating voice

The man said nothing and simply handed the holopad he carried to the Sith. The exile took it, scanned the information quickly, tapped the pad a few times, and then looked up. “Gather everyone in the common area, I’d like to discuss the finding. You have one hour.”

Doctor Corby simply bowed his head as he took a step backwards before turning on his heels and exiting the tent. He had learned it was better to not say anything than to possibly provoke the Knight’s wrath. Maelous smirked and downloaded the information to his wrist mounted holopad, then wiped the data from the one the doctor had left behind and tossed it to the side. He walked across the tent and lifted his helmet off a stand and placed it on his head, the helmet whirred as it sealed itself. He moved about the tent purposefully, but with no sense of urgency, gathering up items and placing them into packs and then into a large duraplas chest. Once he was satisfied he carried the chest to the transport vessel he and the archaeological team had arrived on, secured it and then disembarked the ship.

A moment later he slipped into the common tent and stood by the entrance surveying the scene. Everyone was seated, their backs to him, this would be too easy. He stepped up behind one of the benches, igniting his saber, and swinging in a large wide arch. The blade hissed as it cut through cloth, flesh, and bone of the three seated there. Panic erupted when some of the gathered team heard the noise and turned to look. Maelous went to work, he wasn’t bothered by the wholesale slaughter, but he took no joy in it either, it was simply what needed to be done.

Ten minutes later the Sith was sitting in the cockpit of the transport as it lifted off from Soybos. He adjusted a dial and then keyed in the coordinates for Sepros. The equipment would take some time to deliver and Maelous now had some leads as to where the scrolls may have gone and would need the resources in the clan’s library to verify any of it. The ship broke free of the atmosphere and the Knight strapped himself into the pilot seat as the hyperdrive came to life and rocketed him towards the Orian System.

Vaar Mai

07-01-2014 05:37:32

Alabrek Citadel, Kar Alabrek, Tarthos

During the momentary lull afforded by the end of the invasion of Ziost, it was the duty of the newly-crowned Aedile of House Marka Ragnos to return home and handle the exigencies of administration. While the Quaestor, Teu, was certainly more of the combative sort and saw fit to command from the front lines, as many Obelisk were apt to do, Vaar was more of the stay at home and amass power sort. After all, he had minions, people, even entire armies to fight his battles on a physical level. He did not need to bother with such trivial minutiae such as battle. His battlefield was a library, surrounded by tomes and holocrons, where he could amass the knowledge he would need to enact his own Final Way. These power games suited him greatly. Let the fools fight while he manipulated everything from behind the scenes.

The thoughts carried him through his studies. As a senior student of the Shadow Academy, it was his duty to research everything, from the lower archives of Alabrek Citadel. As Quaestor, he had been there before. To be afforded its knowledge again was a wonderful experience. To be able to study in peace and quiet was wonderful, tome in front of him, the sound of turning pages the only sound he knew… until someone saw fit to disturb important research.

“Aedile,” came the quiet voice of the runner sent to disturb his studies, trying not to incur the wrath of one of the most capricious men of Marka Ragnos. “The new transfers are all here, including the one you requested.”

The Kel Dor let out a long, raspy sigh from behind his antiox mask. Such trivia. So much trivia. “Very well,” he responded, sliding his wooden chair back. “Leave me.” The serf bowed his head and turned to leave, shuffling away without further word, leaving Vaar to his thoughts.

He knew there were many new incoming students of the Brotherhood, fresh minds to be moulded. Some were returning minds. His apprentice, Yuriko—one he had taken up after the death of that Mirus fellow he’d seen the body of—had just graduated from his teachings and was now a Dark Jedi Knight of her own volition. His other student, Rand, was off on some drabble of a task that the Aedile had assigned him. Perhaps it was time to investigate this lot of students himself. Perhaps he’d take a student, like that Rhiann girl. No matter. He would investigate the entire lot of these sad, sorry miscreants himself. Perhaps they would serve the new Sadow empire faithfully. Perhaps they would not. Only time, and his investigation, would tell.

~-~-~

There were five faces before him. Four of them were new journeymen of the Brotherhood, fresh-faced from their first round of testing on Lyspair, and the fifth was a more experienced Journeyman who had studied as part of House Shar Dakhan for some time. With their simplistic black-cloaked robes, they looked non-descript, with little power to call their own. In comparison, Vaar was an intimidating presence, not for his physicality but the raw power of his presence in the Force. Coupled with the bright robes of a Fellow of the Shadow Academy, the twin purple shoulder crystals adorning his epaulettes glowing brightly and a lightsaber at his hip, he cut quite the imposing figure compared to them all. The Kel Dor stared them all down, aliens and beings of varying species, and folded his hands behind his back.

“Welcome,” spoke the Kel Dor. “My name is Aedile Vaar Mai and it is my duty to oversee all of you in your early stages of development. I have little hope for all of you. You are all new, untrained, likely to kill someone else as you are yourself. What I want from all of you is to show me your commitment. Your dedication, your strength, your loyalty, your resolve. Your willingness to learn. Show me these things, and there will be hope for you yet. Perhaps I will not need to clean you from my boots when you burn yourself out, quite literally.”

Some squirmed. Some flinched. They were not used to this kind of harsh brutality from someone. This was not the usual kind of welcome.

“This is House Marka Ragnos. We have the strongest traditions of power and leadership the Dark Jedi Brotherhood has ever seen. We are unilaterally responsible for a myriad of Dark Councillors, of generals and master warriors and scholars alike. Every single person who passes through our halls is destined for greatness… or death. Train hard. Study hard. Perhaps you too might become as great as the rest of us, if you try hard. Will your flame burn brightly, or will your candle flicker and die? That choice is up to you.”

“Kara Vi’dreya. Shi’dan Kal’Rai. Cheerin. Jhonario L’assaut. And, finally, Rhiann Baenre…” he recited, staring at each individually. “Welcome to your new home. You are our brothers and sisters.”

Malisane

07-01-2014 15:41:14

Marakith Skyhook
Orbiting the Planet Nystos
Umbala System
Union of Free Worlds Space

Jedi Master Shareth studied the diminutive figure on the viewscreen calmly, sipping her tea as she listened to him. Beside him stood a cold eyed and dark haired young woman who impassively looked back at her. "As I understand it there has only been one subject who has resisted the conversion process?"
She nodded, "Indeed Councillor, a fool who some months ago attempted to infiltrate us to regain his property. He has proved surprisingly resistant." Though most found the Councillor hard to deal with due to his cold and clinical approach she liked his ability to get to the point.
"Is this individual remarkable in knowledge or natural strength in the force?" he asked her.
She shook her head, "No, he's competent but has no particular ability that sets him apart. Many of us indeed have been more experienced and stronger and have succumbed easily." Oddly she had never felt any resentment or discomfort by her conversion as it was called, indeed her and others viewed it as a liberation that had brought clarity and understanding.
"That is most curious," the Councillor responded, "please transmit the details of this individual to myself."
She nodded, leaning forward and pressing a few buttons. "You should have them now."
"I thank you." There was a pause. The Councillor did not appear to react but the passive features of his companion hardened briefly and her eyes flashed. She leaned forward and whispered hurriedly in one of his pointed ears. "Yes I am aware of that," he replied, not taking his eyes off Shareth. "I would like this subject to study further, if that would be acceptable as part of our ongoing cooperation?"
She nodded, "My Master has no further need for him," she replied, "in fact he is scheduled for termination. Would you like us to transfer him to an agreed location?"
"That will not be necessary. I will dispatch one of my trusted agents. I would rather maintain subtlety rather than risk drawing the attention of hostile parties, in particular my former colleagues. Please assure he is preserved for the journey."
She saw no harm in it. "Very well."

Marakith Docking Bay One
A few hours later.

Tslotha calmly watched the ship land on the deck. It was an old Firespray patrol and attack craft, once popular with security forces and bounty hunters. It had transmitted the agreed clearance code. Whoever it was was prompt, in fact was several hours earlier than expected. It did not concern him, it was likely their associates had agents nearby to call on. The ramp lowered and a tall athletic man walked down it calmly. He gave a brief bow. Tslotha sensed the man was augmented above normal human abilities but again given the nature of the research they had shared that was also not surprising. He raised his hand and behind him two members of the Union Security Force walked forward guiding a repulsor with a figure frozen in carbonite which they directed towards the ramp before stepping back and saluting. Behind them a grey robed figure glanced at Tslotha for approval then followed towards the ship.
The pilot frowned at the robed figure.. "I was only ordered to pick up one frozen passenger," he objected.
"Knight Devanos will accompany you for additional security," The zabrak Elder replied in his gravelly voice, "he will make his own way back here after."
"The Councillor will not be happy," the pilot replied cautiously
"Then the Councillor will have to wait for his delivery," Tslotha replied coldly folding his arms.
The pilot shrugged. "Very well. Let's get this done."

The Deathshead.
Hyperspace en route to the Orian System.

Former Dlarit Captain Senth stood in the cramped interior of the ship waiting calmly as the carbonite slowly melted away. "Battlelord," he said calmly, "We are returning home."
Malisane opened his eyes, and frowned. "Hibernation sickness," he grunted.
"It will pass," Senth replied.
The Sith nodded. "You took your damn time. What's that smell of blood?"
"The late Knight Devanos," the former commando replied, "he was talented but unsuspecting, as were his superiors on this occasion. Fortunately they had not locked down every backdoor access into the Skyhook's communications."
"They will do after this I imagine," Malisane replied. "It was worse than I suspected," he said after a few moments, "far worse."
"Did you meet him?" Senth asked.
There was no need to ask who. "No, but I could feel him each time he came aboard. He's strong, and those around him are strong." He paused for a few seconds, "and to think for years I've labored under the fantasy he gave me and shared it with others. I was his disinformation puppet." He spat the last few words out.
The former DAC shrugged. "I am not sure what reaction you'd get now anyway," he replied, "your Clan is not as it was, Dlarit is broken. And I would request release from my vow."
Malisane turned. "Why?"
Senth shrugged, "I have performed one last service, my fellows are dead or scattered, my purpose is complete. I would lead my life elsewhere."
Malisane nodded. "Return me to Orian and you are released."

Locke

07-01-2014 22:43:09

Outside Kel Rasha
Aeotheran
Orian System

Locke enjoyed the wind in his hair as he sped through the new countryside of Aeotheran. It felt odd to be on the world without jungle even in sight, but the fires started by Plagueis and Zoraan had taken their toll. It was unfortunate to see so much lush jungle disappear, and reports of the fires had sometimes spoken in awe of their size and scope, but the new grasslands were a beginning to something else.

The fires had also revealed much more to the landscape than was first thought. Prior to the burning, the jungle had been so dense that mapping it was nigh impossible. Those flames had revealed a different landscape, however. Hills swept across rises in the distance. Flat-topped mesas dotted the landscape. The mountains had always been there before, but no one had thought it important to chart mountains they couldn't get to anyway.

Beneath Locke's repulsorlifts, a faint, dirt path disappeared into the distance. Occasionally, he passed other beings on that road. Out here, they usually had a speeder, but a few of them were riding wagons pulled along by some strange, six-legged creature. Was that something found in the jungle? Locke did not know.

Eventually, a speck appeared on a rise in the distance. As he came closer, Locke could see that it was a structure of some sort. It seemed to dominate the landscape, even though it was not that large itself. From this side, it looked like a wall, with being's heads peeking over the side. A fortification, perhaps? Did they still think Kel Rasha was run by hostile militants? Locke did not blame them.

Passing by it, Locke noted that the wall went all the way around, like a temporary battlefield fortification, though this seemed more permanent. Men looked down at those who passed by it on the path. They seemed to look particularly long at Locke himself. He felt a little out of place, but continued on. Hopefully, they did not recognize him. The most odd part he noted was that the entire structure was constructed out of wood. He supposed dragging wood from the jungle was easier than purchasing durasteel in the city.

On the other side of the rise, the path descended into a long, wide valley, and at the heart of that valley was a town. 'Village' might have been a better name; it was barely more than a row or two of buildings. Erring on the side of caution, Locke decided to leave his speederbike behind a nearby rise and walk into town. He noticed many others on foot, but there were still some on speeders. Most of those vehicles seemed old and run down, and they were an odd mix with the strange beasts Locke saw, from the six-legged one he had noted earlier, to much smaller ones that seemed to be used for one or two people riding.

As Locke slowly walked through a crowd of roughly dressed beings of different races, he suddenly noticed Amelia walking beside him.

"I noticed that all of the people at the fort seemed to be wearing the same icon on their arms, " she said, keeping pace with Locke as they walked through the crowd.

"Yes, " Locke said, "I wonder what it means." He had slowly grown used to Amelia's presence and the fact that no one else could see her. Passersby gave him odd looks as he spoke to her.

She pursed her lips thoughtfully. "They might be organizing their own guild, or nation. These people seem quite content to go about their lives, despite their worn clothing."

"Agreed, " Locke said. It did seemed the reports of settlements here were more than true. "Let's find an alley so I can check in."

JadeSadow

12-01-2014 00:36:28

Temple of Sorrow
Library
Sepros

Jade walked through the halls towards the library. She needed something to occupy her time, her mind really. Things had been different since she got back, interesting to say the least, but different. It was as if the force was crawling along her skin, telling her something was amiss, something was going to happen, she just couldn't figure out what yet. It was causing her to have nightmares at times. Some she swore were the future, and others, were of the past. In particular her mind swirled around the time she took a light saber though her abdomen as a distraction to make the kill. That had been an important day in her force life, for many reasons, but one of which she proudly showed her loyalty to the Clan...her Clan.

Though the nightmares teased her for future and past events, it also re-peaked her interest in her alchemy roots. She grinned as she rounded a corner and saw the library doors. She had spent many nights sneaking back into her masters training quarters, as he had called them at some points. Really they were more like labs, labs of experimentation and torture, and you definitely wanted to stay on the right side of the table. He had caught her once or twice, and it had given him the perfect excuse to do experiments on her other half...though she had somehow always managed to get out of his experiments, she was pretty certain Macron, though like family to her, would still love to get his hands on her blood for more experiments. And though she was tempted to go back under his wing, so to speak, in learning more of the alchemy she had secretly loved when he wasn't looking, she would have to settle for learning it on her own for now. And she knew the perfect place to start...the library.

The nightmares had been tickling her memories, she was certain of it, for what reason, she wasn't entirely sure, but she figured it had to do with something. After all, the force always had a plan.

The massive doors opened and Jade walked through, taking a look around at the impressive library. So much knowledge, so much history...and so many adventures waiting around each dusty stack. And the dustier the better. Though others tend to let some scrolls and doctrines pass and fade with time, she loved the hidden secrets within them. When she had first come to the Dark Brotherhood, and kept mainly in the shadows, she had taken a liking to the older teachings. Finding them everywhere she could and listening in on conversations that would have gotten her in trouble had the ones speaking them found her listening in.

Jade moved along the stacks of items, following the dark tendrils that lead her to the library in the first place. No need to bother someone to look for something for her, or to look up in a catalogue, the force lead her here, it might as well take her all the way.

Maelous walked through the doors of the library. The library was not surprisingly quiet. but he liked that, meant there would be less distractions and interruptions in his little quest. Flicking his wrist holopad he tapped into the directory, there was one thing he wanted, and he was going to go straight to it. If he needed something else, he'd find it when he needed it. But anything extra would be just that...extra.

He walked down, following the little data map, and as he came around a stack, he felt the soft tremors of a presence. It was dark, powerful, and familiar. He looked up and saw Jade standing there, holding a scroll in her hand.

Jade touched one of the scrolls, it was old, and somewhat crumbly, but she had a strong sense to pick that one up, so she did. But as soon as she touched it, sliding it from its spot, a twitch in the force had her spin around and look to the side. A flash of red and black armor came to sight. She smiled and cocked a hip to one side. "Well if it isn't Maelous. Fancy meeting you in a place like this."

"Miss Jade Sadow, I could say the same for you." Maelous hadn't seen Jade since their time on Nar Shadaa, and they had gotten along then. But he still didn't know much about her. She had seemed like she could be trustworthy. She certainly held a love and loyalty for Naga Sadow, and that was something he could easily respect and associate with. But it was still easier to keep things at a distance until one could be absolutely sure you wouldn't get a saber in the back.

Jade tilted her head to the side, smiling at the knight. She looked around at the two stacks on either side of them. "Looks like we have some similar interests here."

Maelous looked around and noticed that the scroll he wanted was not in its place, as it should be, in fact it was the one in the Daughter of Sadows hand. So much for nothing distracting him. "Yes, it seems that we do." He moved his helmet towards the scroll in her hand.

Jade looked at the scroll in her hand, the force had lead her to this particular scroll for a reason. "Oh...you mean this?" She wasn't sure why she wanted to have fun with the knight. It could be because she simply could. That she was bored, had an evil streak, or maybe it was because she thought he needed to lighten up a bit...no it had to be the first reason. She chuckled evilly to herself, how she loved her mean streak. Using the force she lifted the scroll up and floated it around him. Bouncing it around his head, teasing him within his reach.

Macron Sadow

12-01-2014 21:53:57

Deepest Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Inos
Orian System

It was oppressively dark within the dank head-high tunnel. Here and there side-drifts branched off from the main adit. Bits of age-crumbled stone drifted down from the roof of the hand-hewn passageway. There was little of the ornate stonework that lay within the near Tombs proper here. Instead the stone looked to have been chewed by giant claws, in reality the picks of long-dead Ombi slaves. Debris of broken stone, pieces of rusted metal, and abandoned tools lay here and there under the hoary dust.There were bones as well...

The Alchemist smiled. To his knowledge, it appeared only one other had been here since not long after these tunnels had been dug in the time of Urias Orian. True, all the artifacts from the Tombs proper had long ago been looted or remained hidden. But there were other treasures deep down in the stygian guts of this ancient moon. The Sith had his orders to investigate the crystals from the highest levels, and his own interest burned within him.

The question of where Curwen Sunei had obtained red adegans had long puzzled the alchemist. The crystallography and trace mineral content of the few shards he had analyzed did not match any of the known Adegan sources. Sunei did not self-fabricate the red crystals he used unlike a true Sith. Instead he used natural adegans that had been attuned, more akin to a Dark Jedi. Tsainetomo had encountered one here once and had forged a weapon named “Nenshogeru” from it.

Only one set of footprints stretched ahead into the darkness to Macron’s yellow eyes as he communed with the Dark Side. “There,” he mumbled as he turned left and climbed over a rockfall. To his eyes the rocks had been deliberately placed to block this extension of the diggings. The Force ripped the rocks aside as Macron concentrated. Sparks lit the darkness as quartz grains were crushed against each other in the mass as it tore out of the tunnel and collapsed beyond. The loud sound reverberated within the deep stone hollows.

The alchemist roared. “I know you are here,” he shouted. His voice echoed eerily and changed into insidious whispers as it died away in the black recesses of this deep place. The Dark Side was strong here. Though it was not as strong as a major site, the place was still quite powerful- and quite large. The illusions no longer bothered the Alchemist. He lived with insanity and hallucination every day. There were none of the ancient wardroids left, and the Tuk’ata that the Clan guarded the entrance to the Tombs with was a friend. Even the occasional undead was of little bother.

This was different. This presence was strong. It did not feel old however. It was recent.

Into the madman’s Sight stepped a quickly-moving mummy. The leathery corpse wore ancient styled armor and appeared to be the remains of an Ekind. Grave cloth that had decayed into pure rot dropped from the vile creature. It brandished a crude protosaber in one hand that was cabled to a box that hung from around it’s dessicated hips. It’s eyes glowed a twinkling red within decayed sockets as the thing leapt on all fours onto the nearby pile of rocks. This was no mere mummy.

“Sunei,” giggled the Sith as the corpse lifted it’s free hand. Bolts of blue lightning spat from the blackened talons of the ancient warrior. Macron caught them on his own rapidly-ignited orange blade. They crackled and dissipated into the corusca-fueled weapon harmlessly as the Elder chuckled. “No, it won’t be that easy this time. I see you have animated this… mess.” The lunatic frowned. “Hardly becomes you, really. I can only imagine the adegan vein lies beyond.” Macron attacked with a roar.

Sanarai Iridana

12-01-2014 23:26:39

The Archives

"Your comm presents: a message from your Quaestor! The Brotherhood is not responsible for the content of this message."

Syntari ignored her comm at first, thinking it just another sound-based hallucination of the sort that had come to bother her more and more. When it went off again, however, she accepted the fact that it was real and retrieved the device with reluctance.

"Syn speaking."
There was a crackle of static before the voice of Mirado L'eonheart came over the speakers. "Knight Bastiayn. I have a proposition for you." Immediately her guard slammed into place, and for the first time that day her thinking was clear, her eyes glittering with a hundred possible different responses. The Miraluka gave her no time to respond, however, and pressed on after a mere heartbeat's silence. "Shar Dakhan has need of your...ah, particular brand of expertise. How would you like be a battle team leader?"

She couldn't help it; the idea was so ludicrous that she tipped her head back and let loose a peal of high-pitched laughter that echoed throughout the room. "Who is the idiot that suggested such an insane notion?" she asked, fighting to keep the excitement she felt under wraps. Her comm, however, remained silent; frowning, she shook the thing and set it on the table in annoyance.

"Me."

The sound of Mirado's voice yanked her from her frustration and she flipped about in her chair to face him, her manners vanishing with her shock. She hadn't expected him to have found her this deep in the Shadow Academy archives, and for kriffing Force's sake hadn't expected him to actually come looking for her. Didn't the Quaestor of House Shar Dakhan have better things to do than hunt down elusive, insane Knights?

He didn't give her a chance to respond, as he already seemed to know her answer. Extending a hand, he gestured for her to follow him and turned towards the door. "Come with me," he said. "We have much to discuss, and much to settle."

Roxas

14-01-2014 03:13:19

Aeotheran
Kel Rasha
Suburbs

Roxas rolled over in the bed before opening his alchemic eyes. His beautiful wife was standing a few feet from him doing her morning yoga. She bent into some position he didn't know the name of, but enjoyed the view everytime she did it. He stretched before climbing out of bed.The two kissed good morning before he grabbed his eyepatch and put it on.

"I'll start breakfast in a few." She said in her soft voice.

"Alright, I'm gonna get some air." He replied while sticking his cigar case in the pocket of his pajama pants.

He stepped outside wearing nothing more than his pajama pants and eyepatch with a cigar in his mouth. He struck a match and lit the cigar with a couple puffs of smoke. Two men across the street were talking until they noticed the Mandalorian come outside then they got closer and began to whisper.

"Who's the new neighbor?"

"No idea, they moved in a week ago."

"They?"

"Yeah he's got a super hot blonde with him."

"Really? Well, we should invite them to the neighborhood barbeque. I want to know if they are good people at least."

"Yeah whatever, I just want to stare at that blonde."

"You're married dude."

The two men walked across the street to "say hello" to Roxas.

"Hey buddy, how are you?"

Roxas pulled the cigar from his mouth to speak "Fine, and you?"

"I'm good thanks. We are having a barbeque this afternoon and thought it would be good to invite the new neighbors. I'm Jorum by the way and this is Bayuuk."

Roxas thought for a second before replying "I'll see if the misses has anything planned. I'm Roxas and her name is Pacifica."

"Nice to meet you" Jorum said, the human male was in his early forties and his voice sounded familiar somehow.

"Yeah, nice to meet you." Bayuuk spoke up, he had the eyes of a liar and the smile of a theaf. He was one to watch; although, he seemed as if he was being sincere.

"Like wise." The Sitspawn replied with a puff of smoke "Jorum are your voice sounds familiar, but I can't place where I've heard it."

Jorum laughed "Yeah, I'm a news caster I get that alot. What do you do for a living?"

Roxas had so many answers; soldier, mercenary, assassin, bounty hunter, murderer, alchemic experiment, mandalorian, but he replied simply "I don't do anything worth mentioning."

Bayuuk scoffed "You don't have to be so withdrawn, we're neighbors. I work for the local political office. It can't be that bad. If you don't mind my asking though, how'd you lose your eye?"

Jorum hit Bayuuk on the arm "That's rude."

Pacifica called from inside the house "Babe, breakfast is ready."

"Well that would be the misses, see ya fellas." Roxas said as he tossed the cigar into the street.

The two men raised one arm each meaning bye, then crossed back to the other side of the street.

"Damn she has a sexy voice. Bayuuk said once he was sure Roxas was back inside.

Jorum shouted at the other man "What is wrong with you! We have new neighbors and you get all weird."

Bayuuk replied sternly "Don't get in my way, I have things to plan."

Roxas sighed as he approached Pacifica, so she turned to see what was wrong.

"We are invited to a barbeque."

She looked surprised then inquired in her soft voice "To get to know the neighbors? Sounds fun...Oh...how are you going to bond with the other guys? You don't follow sports or anything."

"Guess I'll have to talk fishing...kind of all I have other than music I guess....We need to becareful, I don't trust these people and they could prove to be a liability for our safety. I only have an arrangement with one member of summit and it won't take much for others to claim I'm rogue...which has happened before."

"Do they know that you are turning from the darkside?"

"Only two do, Methyas and the Alchemist."

"Can they be trusted?" She sounded frieghtened.

Roxas pulled her close before reassuring her "Methyas can be, as for Macron I have a feeling that he trusts me and that means he can be a great ally."

They sat to breakfast, but continued the conversation.

"What version is your new armor? I know you've been tinkering with it while I'm at work."

He chuckled "I'm on the Mark III now, but I'm upgrading the flight system before I take it for another test run."

"Did you solve the weight to armor ratio thingy?"

He smiled as he continued "Yeah, but large caliber blaster rifles and slug throwers may penetrate at close range. I just have to keep on the move and shoot first. I've also started working on a beam rifle, so I can take out large targets easier."

"Large targets?" She asked after swallowing some juice.

"Big droids or animals." He replied and then started stuffing his face.

Maelous

14-01-2014 15:33:49

Temple of Sorrow
Library
Sepros

The Sith watched as the scroll bobbed inches away from his helmet. Was she toying with him? Had she known his plans, had she been watching him? The scroll she had, and now teased him with, was nothing more than a record of locations, dates to travel, and few notes of each location. It contained nothing of real importance to anyone, except him...or so he thought.

He drew on the Force, amplifying his senses and his mind, which only aided his paranoia. As he tried to piece together an ever-widening puzzle of his own design he began to laugh, less out the humor at the situation and more at its creation of mistrust.

“Yes, that is exactly what I was seeking,” he rasped through the speakers of his helmet.

The Krath Arch Priestess gave Maelous a crooked grin in return. “So you can laugh,” she said. Allowing the scroll to lower into Maelous’ hand she said, “Enjoy your scroll,” as she spun on her heels and walked away.

Maelous watched her figure recede for a moment before turning and walking to one of the tables at the center of the room. He sat down, placing the scroll in front of him, and disengaged the locks on his helmet. It hissed as he pulled it off his head and sat it next to the scroll. The exile rubbed a hand over his shaved head as he sighed.

He unwrapped the scroll gently, taking great care to not damage the aged parchment, and rolled it out across the table. The Knight’s brow furrowed as he flipped the blank ancient parchment over. Confusion filled his eyes for a brief, only to be replaced by anger as he realized he had been tricked.

“Oh, Maelous, did I give you the wrong scroll?” Her voice was teasing and mischievous. He looked up at Jade Sadow as she sat across the table from him, scroll in hand. The battle team leader’s anger shifted back to paranoia; there was little to do now but see what game she may have in store for him.

The woman eyed him for a moment. She had sensed something in him on Nar Shadaa, and believed he had sensed the same in her. The Force had brought them here searching for the same dusty text, to meet again.

“I want to know what you’re looking for,” she said, leaning forward over the table. She placed the scroll between them, her delicate fingers still wrapped around it. “Not the information in this scroll but what you really are searching for. Fill me in and I’ll share what I have.”

Maelous remained silent for a long moment, his eyes scanning her own searching for some reason not to trust her, but none ever came. He pushed the blank parchment aside and began to explain exactly what he was searching for and why.

Sanarai Iridana

19-01-2014 23:08:47

Undisclosed Location

Syntari paced back and forth in her quarters, staring at nothing, trying to think of a solution. Her new duties still rang throughout her head, bouncing around in her mind as she lingering within her inner thoughts, her runescape, where nothing could distract her.

How could she lead a team when she could not even lead herself?

The answer was rather obvious, and she knew it, regardless of how much she hated it. She'd known what to do from the moment Mirado had left her alone with her new position, and it had gnawed at her thoughts since. She had to ask for help. She knew it, and the Force knew it, but the idea was repellent.

"Oh, grow up, Syn." It was Cyril's voice, as it always was; the Zeltron hadn't left her be since her death. She appeared in Syn's runescape, floating upside-down in front of the Bpfasshi's face, seemingly unafraid to invade the Knight's mind-palace. "It's not hard. You already know who you have to call, and you already know what the answer will be. Get over yourself and do it! You're wasting the darkness."

Syn closed her eyes and tried to find it within herself to relax. Hallucination or not, Cyril was still correct in her words; help was needed, despite the fact that the Knight saw it as a weakness. That had always been the difference between the two of them and that fact had continued even in death.

"Alright," she said aloud, "Alright. Fine. I'll call."

She whirled about and snatched her comm off the bedside table, keying in the correct sequence and raising the device up to speak her message. "Archpriest Sonjie..." she began, but the words failed her. What was she doing, bothering him? What right did she, a mere Dark Jedi Knight, have to bother someone as prestigious as Locke Sonjie, of all people?

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Cyril shaking her head and a sudden, profound sense of resolve strengthened her spine. That sort of negative dialogue was exactly the sort of thing Shikyo would have said, and he had no rule over her life--his death had proved that. She keyed in the sequence again and when she spoke she was neither timid nor unsure.

"Archpriest Sonjie, this is Knight Syntari Bastiayn," she said. Her eyes flashed as she spoke and her resolve flared. "I have a proposition for you."

Locke

21-01-2014 00:04:08

Village
Rashan Frontier
Aeotheran

Shortly after finishing his report to first Malik, and then Methyas, Locke heard a voice at the end of the alley behind him. It was gruff, and none too friendly.

"You! Turn around and let me get a good look at ya!"

Locke turned slowly, hesitantly showing his face. "Do I know you?" It was a group of men and women, perhaps five or six. The lead man's eyes widened when he saw Locke, his hand reaching for his blaster.

"It is you!" he said. "You're the cause of this! You're the reason we have to live like this."

Thinking the man must have been mistaken, Locke was about to ask what he meant when Amelia appeared beside him, her lips turned in a slight frown. "They recognize you as the Dlarit president," she said.

"How could you know…" Locke trailed off with a whisper. It made sense, though. He had been in public many times and knew that the exodus of many civilians from Kel Rasha was at least in part because of the attacks on the city in the Clan's absence when he was President.

The man continued, unperturbed. "You left us to those invaders, while you were off doing who knows what! Now don't try anything, you're coming with us." He gestured with the blaster toward the mouth of the alley.

Locke sighed. He probably could have drawn his own weapon and defeated this group, but who knew how many more in the street felt the same way? Something else bothered him, too. I fought for these people. I will not kill them, even if they hate me now.

"I will come peacefully," Locke said calmly. He walked forward, allowing them to take his holstered blaster and the pack on his back. He winced inwardly, wondering what they would make of the lightsaber. Surely these people had no idea what Dlarit's leadership had really been.

As they walked, Locke tried to reason with them. "I acknowledge that I wasn't the best leader," he began. He knew that saying that he was off fighting an aggressive war at the orders of a Sith Lord he served would certainly not go over well. Beyond that, Locke had no excuse; it was true, he had not been here. "But I can't help fix it if you hold me here."

One of the others barked a short laugh. "From what we hear Dlarit doesn't even exist any more. What would you help us with, your blaster? Probably shoot someone for their hat, knowing the way Dlarit worked."

Locke offered no other plea as they took him to a ramshackle wooden structure on the edge of town that must have been some sort of jail. As the group was preparing to secure Locke in a corner walled off by durasteel bars, he thought of something.

"Honest citizens," Locke began, "if you are persecuting me for being unfair, don't I at least get my one call?"

"Well…" one began, but another cut in quickly. "No, you could call someone down on our heads! No calls for the traitor!"

In short order, Locke found himself locked in the cell while his belongings - including the comlink that had been in a pocket on his belt - were left on a table across the room.

Then the comlink beeped. Locke blinked. Who would be calling him now? He had only just reported in. Making sure he was alone, he concentrated and opened himself to the Force, feeling it flow into him, just enough to feel like a gentle warmth.

He reached out, enveloping the comlink in the Force and pulling it to his hand before holding it up to his mouth. "This is Locke," he whispered.

He did not expect the voice he heard on the other end. Syntari Bastiayn… He remembered her from the mission to Nar Shadaa. Creative journeyman, very dangerous. She had been Shikyo's apprentice. Locke's head suddenly ached at the thought of Shikyo. Why did it do that?

"A proposition?" he said, keeping his voice low.

"Mirado has appointed me to lead a new team for House Shar Dakhan," she said. Her voice was firmer than it had been when he had first heard it on the comlink only a moment ago. "And I need your help with it."

Locke was hesitant at first, but his mind took him back to his time as Aedile, when Mirado had been Quaestor. At that point, Locke had never really led before, and Mirado had been off doing whatever he did as Quaestor, which had left Locke with the job of administrator of Kel Rasha and most of the Dlarit holdings on Aeotheran. He had learned a lot from the Quaestor, but at the same time found himself on his own much of the time. If he had not been fortunate enough to find the old Dlarit agent Gim and have his counsel, things might have gone much worse. Locke understood Syntari's position, yet he had work to do himself. He already had his own objectives, and his orders from Malik and Methyas.

"Shirai is Aedile. He is Sith, but a capable leader. He could help you."

Locke's protest did not deter Syntari. "I need someone who can be there more often. You have led, and Cyril…" there was a pause, and then: "Cyril spoke highly of you. I don't know who else could help me."

Cyril - that was a name Locke had not heard in awhile. For a moment, he wondered what had happened to the girl. Still, he had a lot of work to do, and why should he help one Dark Jedi he had no allegiance to?

Amelia spoke as if in answer to his silent question, Locke's headache evaporating as she did so. "She needs your help. You have shown a willingness to help others that few Dark Jedi share. The others might kill her, but she has the potential to be strong."

"That's true," Locke answered, silencing the comlink for a time. "And if I have any control over this team, I could use them to help reach my goals." He would certainly try. Malik couldn't expect Locke to only perform Black Guard duties all the time; he had to understand that Locke still had a responsibility to his House.

First Malik and Methyas, and now this Syntari. It was a fine line he walked, being pulled in so many directions. "Alright," Locke said, nodding to Amelia, who gave him a slight smile before tossing her head toward the door to the room. Locke had seen her do that before; he did not need her to say anything this time to know someone was coming. He quickly spoke to the comlink again.

"Syntari, I accept, but I have a problem. I'm currently in a jail cell in the frontier settlement closest to Kel Rasha's southern border, beyond the vineyards. No time to explain. There's a dirt road here, and…"

"Hey, what are you doing?" the gruff man from before said. "Put that thing down!"

Locke quickly complied, tossing the comlink to the ground and crushing it under his boot before the man could try to use it. He would just have to hope Syntari would be able to find him.

"Oops," he said sheepishly.

Jwitwalker

24-01-2014 04:18:17

Roof top of Village
Rashan Frontier
Aeotheran

Dragoon watched as his Clan and House mate was escorted to the local make shift Jail. He had his cloak on and was watching intently. His orders simple by his master. ---Protect Locke--- There defently was something going on in the house that was above Dragoon's level of knowledge requirement, in short, there was a need to know at a certin level and Dragoon DID NOT NEED TO KNOW. As Locke was escorted on, Dragoon followed silently and swiftly, only almost being exposed once. The Rear guard had spotted his tail of the cloak he wore but brushed it off as a shadow.

When they arrived at the jail, two of the six guards were left outside. John smerked, ~this should be easy~ he reached into his pocket and found a rock he had picked up earlier and throw it in the oppiste direction he was going to jump from the roof. The trick worked the two guards looked down the ally as Dragoon jumped down. He then decided stealth was ok but Subitle was the best. He pulled his cloak around him tight and pulled his hood over his head just right making him look like a begger in the street. He then pulled his two push daggers from his belt and held one in each hand. He then semi- stumbled toward the guards. "Hault, who goes there?!" One yelled.
"Please sir can you spare some credits?" Dragoon disguised his voice a little. The 2 men looked at each other. As Dragoon got close he kinda doubled over a little and manged to get one of the men to grab him ~big mistake my friend~ Dragoon thought as he reached out with his left in a quick, killing blow to the side of the mans neck. As his punch coliated the Dagger inserted into the mans neck and blood poured from the artery he had punchured. The man went limp instent and as the second guard noticed, Dragoon side stepped and punched with his right and the same thing happened. Both men lay dead in the ally way enterince to the jail as Dragoon entered unnoticed.

Dragoon manged to sneek around the corridors till he picked up the signal of the comm unit that was issued to Locke. As he rounded the last corner he heard Locke's comm signal go off. Shortly after he heard footsteps, four sets and a exchange between Locke and what Dragoon presumed be the head of the Guard. Dragoon Made his move. He pulled his Duel Deathhammer pistols and came around the corner arms strecthed out. He fired twice Two of the Guards went down, a third Ducked behind a desk. Dragoon holstered and drew a Curtios Katana and quickly followed not giveing the guard a chance to retaliate for his fallen Comrades. When Dragoon stood up after decapating the one guard, he felt the heat of Blaster bolt zoom by his head. Dragoon quickly snaped his head in the direction of the head guard. "You will pay for---" was all he heard as the Blaster went flying from his hand to Locke.

Dragoon approched the Guard who was now on his knees pleding for his life. Dragoon rasied his blade to strike, "NO STOP!" Dragoon stopped and looked to Locke, "Let him go. Its me you want." Dragoon half smiled. He looked back at the guard and gestered for him to leave. The Guard took the hint and left. Dragoon then put his blade back into the seeth and headed to the Cell. Locke looked scared for a moment and then his face dropped as Dragoon lowered is hood. "Drag....Dragoon?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD! Your X-Wing took a direct hit!" Dragoon got a Evil grin, "Good to see you too Locke. Lets get you out of here. I have a modified X-Wing for your Transport needs, ill be staying behind." Locke nodded and stood back as Dragoon attached 3 small round balls to the hings of the Cell door. He then took cover behind a small desk he had flipped over. "FIRE IN THE HOLE" he yelled as the hings blew off....

Locke

25-01-2014 22:34:13

Village
Rashan Frontier
Aeotheran

Locke covered his mouth with his sleeve as smoke filled the room. By the time it was gone he had gotten over his shock. Dragoon was the last person he thought to see here, and he had not expected anyone to come until perhaps Syntari, if she had actually gotten his message. The Krath looked around the room, gesturing with the blaster he now held in his hand.

"This mess wasn't necessary," he said. "I was hoping to end this without bloodshed."

Dragoon just smiled, barely showing his teeth. "Sometimes bloodshed is necessary."

Locke grimaced. "Perhaps. Someone else will have heard that. We might have an angry mob on our heels any minute now."

"Like I said, there's an X-Wing waiting for you, " Dragoon said, pointing at the hole his thermal detonators had made to the outside. He seemed to put special emphasis on the word you.

"I'm not leaving you here, " Locke said. He might not have approved of the way Dragoon had come to his rescue, and the man was Macron's apprentice last Locke had checked, but that did not mean the Krath was going to leave him here. The Clan had to be strong - and any Dark Jedi was valuable to reach that goal.

Besides, Locke didn't relish the idea of being the kind of guy who abandoned his rescuer, planned or not.

"We leave together. We'll find a way back."

Locke motioned for the other man to follow, noting that he was surprisingly light on his feet. The Krath almost didn't notice the two villagers approaching from along the wall outside with half his attention on wondering if Dragoon was going to stab him in the back.

After turning back to check on Dragoon, Locke looked back toward the guards and saw Amelia standing in plain view of them; if it was actually possible for anyone besides Locke to see her.

She smiled and nodded toward Locke. "He just rescued you in a very selfless way; he wouldn't betray you now."

"Right, " Locke said.

Dragoon gave him a quizzical look, but the two villagers heard as well. One was a big, tough-looking man with a broken nose, the other a lean man with a large wooden club in one hand. They didn't look happy.

Locke dived to the ground to avoid the club, immediately rolling his body into the skinny man's legs, causing him to topple over on top of the Krath. At the same time, he had a vague inkling of Dragoon meeting the strong man's attempted punches with his own guards and starting to strike back as well.

Reaching back as far as he could with his left arm, Locke extended two knuckles slightly and jammed them forward like a piston, hitting the man's wrist, causing him to drop the club. As he scrambled up and shook his wrist, Locke grabbed him by the back of the neck and jammed his face against the nearest wall.

As the man dropped to the ground with a satisfying thud, Locke got up to a crouch and grabbed his blaster, watching for more enemies. None came however, and Dragoon had already disabled the other man.

At a nod from Dragoon, Locke advanced, and they moved along the outside wall, coming to what looked like a small garage area. It was made of wood like everything else, but there were rusting parts here and there. The three old speederbikes in the center looked as if they might barely run.

"Here's our ride; I don't want to take the X-Wing if it's only for a single pilot. Did you leave it somewhere somewhat hidden?"

"Yes, you may need the coordinates on this datapad to find it." Dragoon patted a squarish bulge in one of his pockets.

Locke nodded. "We can retrieve that later, then. For now, let's get away from here."

The first bike they tried didn't work at all, but miraculously the other two started, even if there was a puff of smoke here and there.

"Let's find a safe place to stop for the night and regroup, " Locke said, and the two speeders rocketed into the wilderness, Orian's setting star casting long shadows ahead of them.

Methyas

18-02-2014 22:37:17

Undisclosed Location, Orian System

The dull drone of numerous electronics could be heard throughout the chamber as numerous holographic displays blanketed virtually every possible surface. Even with the few consoles scattered throughout the room, one could imagine this room were displaying a pod race or some other sporting event, but the content that passed through the displays were far more mundane. Images of people throughout Orian and beyond going about their lives, some up to nefarious things and some going about their very boring lives. A few of the consoles about the room had transcripts and other various texts scrolling past them as various intelligences documented and recorded all pertinent information and ensuring they were filtered to the correct agents and locations. While the chamber was largely empty, two individuals stood within; a Talortai with his eyes upon a nearby console as the Miraluka seemed to survey everything around him.

"Your resources seem to have grown my friend, could it be the shift your Clan has taken?" the younger man spoke up, his eyes squarely focused on his terminal as he forwarded requests to various agents in the field.

"It has been easier to further my influence, yes, especially with your help. I know the Consul is suspicious of my activities, but with the aid I lend to the Clan through my actions, I doubt he'll interfere."

"I should hope not, Son of Sadow. They've put a lot of faith in you, and you continue to support people who would kill us at a moment's notice were it not for our aid. Were it not for the fact we turn a blind eye to their actions whereas our kin in Odan-Urr would not."

"We must work in the darkness, to serve the light, my friend. If we can keep them from simply destroying everything, we are doing what we must. The Force must stay within balance, as long as evil exists, so too must good."

The younger man's feathers ruffled as his elder spoke, he had learned enough from the Miraluka to know the wisdom in his words as much as the thought of letting evil run rampant sent chills down his spine. Truthfully, there was wisdom in guiding the Darksiders, ensuring that they didn't simply destroy for the sake of wholesale destruction and to maintain a balance. As were the laws of the universe, for each action there is an equal and opposite reaction. As much chaos as the Disciples of Sadow and the Brotherhood caused, there would always be Jedi of some form to rise up and keep them in check; be it Skywalker's Jedi Order, the Disciples of Odan-Urr or even a few rogues who sought to do good.

The Miraluka seemed to cast a sideways glance at his companion as he appeared lost in thought, an unnecessary motion but one which a was courtesy for the sighted, "Have I lost you in your thoughts again? Would you prefer destruction in the face of our adversity?"

"No! No, of course not, my mentor. It's just that..."

"The Jedi have long fought for what is right, for maintaining peace, order, and unity. There will always be those who lust and long for power, and they will always find their ways to prevail. As such, it is our duty to stand up and do what we must. We may not be able to defeat or destroy the chaos, but we can find ways to control or guide it. Just as the force of a raging river can move earth and stone, so too can the earth and stone guide the course of the river."

"I understand." the Talortai responded as he went back to maintaining the network for a few moments, "You know, I'm surprised more people haven't asked about your resources."

"Most of the summit suspects I claimed a bulk of what remained from the SHADOW network, as I had a hand in its development; the others truly don't care."

"Well then, has your new position earned a title?"

"Its not so much a new position, but those I help outside the Clan seem to have given me a title..."

"Librarian!" came an outburst from the adjoining hall and a responsive nod from the Miraluka.

"In here, Agent Naveem."

His response was fairly calm, although the Talortai looked at him with furrowed brows mouthing the word "Librarian" to another simple nodding response.

The agent stepped into the doorway breathing heavily to catch his breath, obviously having ran from the landing pad outside, before rising and standing at attention. He still was garbed in his old SHADOW armour to conceal his identity from outsiders, something unnecessary for the moment being, "Librarian, your Lords Consul and Proconsul are requesting a call to arms. They request your presence immediately as well as those of the Black Guard."

Once more the Miraluka cast a glance at his companion, only to be greeted with a similar glance before he spoke, "Ready a transport, it seems the Disciples need their Librarian."

Roxas

19-02-2014 20:51:17

Kel Rasha
Suburbs
Buurenaar home

Pacifica stepped out of the shower wearing her husband's favorite outfit, nothing. She toweled off as she stepped into the bedroom and saw him looking over his weapons trying to decide which to take. He picked up his flechette pistol for a moment and started to think.

"It's a barbeque, I don't think you'll need to kill a lot of people," She jested toying with him as she picked out clothes.

He grabbed a holdout blaster and stuck it into an “in-the-waistband holster” before tucking it into his pants to conceal the weapon, then glanced at his bowie knife before deciding against taking it only to grab a wooden box from the back of his dresser.

"Are you really going to start using that?" she asked surprised, ”does it even work? I thought you said no one has used it since your grandfather passed."

"I checked it out and cleaned it up. The focusing crystal was damaged, but everything else was pristine, I replaced that and it should be good now," he said as she walked toward her dresser.

"But.." the story of what happened flashed in her mind. She was glad to have a husband that doesn't keep secrets from her.

(flashback inserted: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6776&p=194535#p194535)

Intergalactic logging Office building
Top floor
Before Athis

A white blade and a violet blade met with a thunderous crash before the two combatants stepped back away from each other to size the other up. Her use of Juyo was something he had never faced, not even in his training. The Mandalorian was at a distinct disadvantage there, but she didn't know his strength either. Luckily he was able to beat her master, so hopefully with luck she will fall. The voluptuous Sith charged him her saber's double violet trouble calling for satisfaction. She spun and flipped as she swung her weapon. Her movements were so agile and quick it was as if he was fighting more than one opponent.

Her lightsaber was spun and flung all over the office turned into a battle ground. Each of her attacks was doubled with the second blade quickly coming back in the opposite direction, keeping the Sithspawn on his toes.

He watched her form for some time all the while looking for an opening, but he eventually had had enough of not getting close to landing a hit and stepped into her attack to strike her blade to force her off balance. She didn't expect such a move and left an opening for a mere instant. He swung his blade through the middle... WAIT! he stopped mid swing and jumped away from her quickly to keep the other side of her weapon from retaliating. The voice was his grandfather, but why would he stop him?

Don't cut her down the middle boy! She has taken Fenrir into her body, that is where she is getting her strength.

DAMN IT! He thought to himself, he would have to find another way to take her down and then it dawned on him. He quickly began aiming his attacks at her weapon instead of her. he moves grew faster and he could see that she was using the Force in an attempt to kill him quicker, so he did something he hadn't done since his training to knighthood. The Force grew thick around him and his muscles tensed. She stepped back in awe at the power he was channeling. His eyes grew brighter and to her eyes a red aura began to engulf his body like flames and she could feel the heat from it. He grunted as the power coursed through him.

The Sithspawn's facial features changed slightly until he looked like a feral animalistic version of his normal self. His teacher's demon was under his control and was giving him all he would need to defeat her. He charged her with a war cry bellowing from what sounded like the depths of hell.

Her violet blade moved as fast her hands could fling it in order to protect her from his attacks. His Force abilities weren't enhanced, but his strength and speed had increased exponentially. It wasn't exactly any special trick he was using, but an unique Force form.She kept on pressing the attack, but he now had the edge.Her saber came in vertically and he stepped toward her attacking into her swing, causing her to lose her balance. He then quickly cut her saber hilt in half and grabbed her by the throat with his off hand to force her over the CEO's desk. She squirmed as best she could, but he held her down.

"NO! Don't rape me!" she screamed. "I belong to Lord Crissor!"

Anger crossed his face and he shouted, "I DON'T WANT TO RAPE YOU! I WANT FENRIR!!"

Her eyes narrowed in fear before he continued. "That weapon belongs to me and I want it back. If you give it to me now, I'll let you live. If you struggle I will make your death slower than a sarlacc digests prey."

"I'm not giving you Fenrir, it probably won't work anymore anyway. He implanted it inside me, so I can draw strength from it and be more useful to him."

Roxas lifted her by her throat a few inches and then slammed her back into the desk "It doesn't work that way you stupid bitch." He said coldly "Only someone with blood of the main branch of Clan Buurenaar can ever hope to wield that weapon. Now this is your last chance give it here."

"I said no!"

The Mandalorian tossed his lightsaber behind him and pulled his bowie from it's sheath. He stabbed the blade into their side, she screamed in response. He slid the knife through her stomach and then vertically toward her sternum, causing her to scream louder before fainting from the pain. The Sithspawn continued his bloody work by pulling the cavity open and reaching inside her organs. Her body was warm and the smell was one he wasn't accustomed too. Cutting this woman open wasn't easy for him, he wasn't a light jedi by any means, but he wasn't truly dark either.He kept wondering what Pacifica would think of him for doing this.

To ease his own conscious he would atleast attempt to keep the woman from dying, but realised she might one day pose a threat to him again. He felt something that wasn't part of normal human anatomy and grabbed it with a grin. He gingerly worked it out of the woman's torso before flinging it at full force to sling the blood and sinew from it. The weapon pulsed in his hands, and he felt it's power course through his body.

Good job boy. The spirit of the Mandalorian's grandfather reappeared. As it is Fenrir will not work. She absorbed the energy from the focusing crystal and with the hilt away from her, the energy will kill her. Don't worry boy, she only absorbed the crystal, the power of Fenrir isn't held within the crystal. The power is the weapon itself. I can't truly explain it, but you will know what I mean soon enough. Oh, and as to the crystal our ancestor installed an incineration crystal in the hilt. You might have trouble finding one of those though. Fenrir will show you to your destiny.

And with that his grandfather's spirit disappeared again, but this time was different as if he no longer had the strength in the Force for his spirit to last.

Roxas looked at the woman as he inquired to no one in particular, "Fenrir will show me to my destiny?"

He smelt something burning and saw smoke rising from her body, so he stepped back. She started screaming again and suddenly burst into flames. She swatted and kicked trying in vain to put out the flames that were escaping from inside her body.

"She burns for her insolence to Buurenaar..." A strange voice said, but only Roxas could hear it.

Roxas felt another pulse coming from his body and released the demon, he hit his knees hard. He instantly lost his breath and all his energy. The one drawback to the technique was severe exhaustion, but the worst was for each minute, after the first three minutes, he would consciousness for an hour and after eight minutes the form becomes instantly lethal after deactivation. He clipped Fenrir to his belt and grabbed his white bladed lightsaber.

Still heavily breathing he asked, "Who's there?"

"You know me, you just aquired me from that foolish dark Jedi.."

"Fenrir?" The Mandalorian asked

"Yes, with time I will appear to you..for now you need to get out of here."

The Sithspawn pulled a cigar from his pocket and lit it with his lightsaber as he replied "I need a few minutes. That ability takes alot out of me."

Aeotheran
Suburbs
Buurenaar home
Bedroom

"So, what color did you go with?” Pacifica asked curiously as she pulled underwear from her drawer.

"Come here, I'll show you."

She came close and he held it up with one hand. He grabbed one of her hands and said, "Hold tight." The weapon ignited with a burst of heat and sounded like a wolf howling before settling into a steady deep feral growl. The blade was a crimson like the cape he cloaked her in when he saved her and gave off a ruby light. She was slightly startled by the weapon igniting, but more so when he told her to put both hands on it and he let go, so she could hold it on her own.

"How do I turn it on and off?" she asked after holding the weapon for a moment.

He pointed and replied, "With that switch."

She turned off the weapon. "How come I can hold it if only you can use it?"

"The weapon was created to protect Clan Buurenaar, but more importantly the Mandalore's family. Fenrir is stronger in my hands, but is still very effective in the hands of a family member. From what My grandfather explained to me, with time I will learn more about Fenrir and how it works. For now, I have 'set it' to work in your hands if you ever need it."

"You talk as if Fenrir has a mind of it's own," she said as she handed the weapon back and began digging in her dresser for a braw.

"Sort of..."

Macron Sadow

20-02-2014 17:22:14

Deepest Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

The battle was over. The bones of the long dead warrior fell akimbo into a pile with a clatter as Macron crushed it’s dry skull with a punch from his crushgaunt. The proto-saber it held fell from the lich’s grasp as it collapsed. Macron immediately scooped up the weapon and it’s powerpack belt. “Interesting,” chuckled the madman. “Specimens brought to me. I like that. Doesn’t appear to the the standard for the day- perhaps an Ekind design.” None of the rest of the rotten gear was worth a second glance. “Sunei, Sunei… I expected more. Next time perhaps.”

The Adept casually stepped on the bones with a rude crunch as he walked past the former guardian. Beyond lay an extension of the tunnel, and a side-drift that hooked off to the left. Inside the drift was an excavation chamber and the stone looked different. The normal basalt was riddled with thin veins of grey marble. Pieces of antique mining gear lay strewn about to rust along with the bones of former slaves.

“Lord Orian was known for his unfavorable work practices.” Macron placed a hand on the nearest vein and regarded it closely. “Contact zone,” he mumbled. “Basalt cooked some calcareous rock that had impurities.” His metal-clad fingers scrabbled at the stone. “Still hard too, lightly weathered, not too much rotten rock-rind.”

The Sith touched the side of his helm and opened a heads-up field to the right of his normal vision. As the field of view zoomed within, the twinkle of mica could be seen. “Silicates,” whispered the madman. Small red sparkles could be seen as well. He pried one of the millimeter sized stones loose with a fine durasteel pick. “Could it be?” The red stone was placed inside a hand-sized box that the Elder removed from his hardpack. He connected the box to a gauntlet with a short cable.

“Yes,” giggled the madman. “Yes! Hexagonal dipyramid, correct unit cell size according to the diffraction.” The box whirred as it continued to bombard the crystal within with various radiations and charged particles. “Fluorescence shows silicon, calcium, beryllium. Trace chromium and other elements.” The viewscreen in his helm zoomed in thousands of times as it connected with the microprobe in the analyzer. “Definitely an Adegan. Red. I’ve confirmed they are here, although not in a usable size that I’ve seen in-situ. I’ll let the Grandmaster know as soon as I return to the surface.”

The Sith disconnected the box and returned it to his hardpack. “Time for lunch,” he mumbled as he opened his helm faceplate and sucked the nutrient-goo from a silver foil pouch. “Disgusting. Unfortunate that I cannot enjoy normal fare,” he chuckled. “But it does give one more time for study and practice.” The Alchemist sat back against the stone wall with a clack of armor and began to investigate the inner workings of the proto-saber. The Dark Side whispered to him quietly. “Yes yes, Sunei. I know. We are expecting company.”

JadeSadow

21-02-2014 01:37:20

Temple of Sorrow
Library
Sepros

Jade smirked at Maelous but as she went to speak a beep sounded. She looked at her compact holopad and shook her head. Macrons message was easy to understand, well not that he signed it, she figured he just assumed she would know it was him, he was right. Though why he didn't just send a message through the force, surprised her. He had a way of calling her when she least expected it, not unlike now, but his eerie voice, full of hidden insanity and promise of gleeful torture, were not something you wanted to suddenly creep into your head. And she swore he picked the right moment, like when she was just about to fall asleep, after checking her quarters both physically and with the force for any predators and attackers, and then boom enter the madman creeping into her mind. Not that she totally minded. Macron had been a great master and one she still learns from, and one hell of a fighter. She loved heading into battle with him. Though it was always a bloody battle, he had an interesting style, and though both were of Sith nature, they had each other's backs. "Come to Orions Tombs, I have plans." Hmmm it seems like her old master had been reading her mind again...or at least was on the same wavelength. Of course being his apprentice, it was only fitting she would be into alchemy.

Jade looked at Maelous, "How do you feel about a trip that might give us a bit more info?" Ok, so it wouldn't be a vacation by any means, but it would definitely be an interesting trip.

Maelous looked at her. Her dark figure seemed to swirl with hidden menace and secrets but he felt an odd pull towards the Daughter of Sadow. Almost as if she wouldn't kill him, at least not right then, and he certainly wouldn't turn his back on her. He was curious as to her sudden change of plans, especially after her holopad and lit up. "What kind of trip?"

Jade grinned, the tips of her fangs just showing and her eyes going a dark shade of violet. "You'll see."

Maelous didn't really like the fact he had no idea of what was going to happen, but he checked his weapons and grabbed his precious helmet. Putting it on, he nodded and followed the Krath out.

Temple of Orion
Inos 42

Their shuttle landed and Jade stood at the ramp looking down it to the earth below. Maelous stood and repositioned his helmet. Jade smirked. She almost guessed that helmet of his was his pride and joy...no, his first love. As he walked up to her she ran a hand over it and he almost jumped. She grinned...oooh this was going to be fun. Though she pitied the poor fool who ended up destroying it in battle...they would never breath again. She waved her hand and motioned for him to go down the ramp first. He looked at her then headed down, and as he walked she started to wonder if Maelous subconsciously used his armor as something more then to protect his body.
She followed him out and headed down, sealing up the shuttle.

She was still surprised by the message, it had been rather random, but she looked forward to seeing Macron again and working with him, especially learning and exploring, while at the same time doing the same with Maelous. Though truth be told, she did wonder how long it would take for the kid to wind up on Macrons table of experiments, or learn the hard way that some alchemy is never meant to be shared.

As they walked further towards the Tombs a shiver in the force made them both stand their ground. A shadow moved followed by another. Jade turned her head, feeling the rage and fierce protection flowing off of body like someone had cut the jugular of a human. The spray of menace, and promise of spilled guts, filled the air with tension. Maelous put his hand on his saber and Jade touched his shoulder. "No," It was all she said. But as she gave him a little push to keep moving, he didn't like what he saw.

Just off to each side, flanking them, were a pair of Tuk'atas watching and stalking them. He couldn't miss their long horn and claws. Or the fang filled grin that they were giving him. They were stalking him, and it made him a bit paranoid. But as he stared at the fangs, just itching to take a bite out of him, ripping flesh and bone, he couldn't help but relate that same smile to the Krath that was walking with him. He shook his head to push out the thoughts, as the red glowing eyes never left his body, watching his every move.

Jade had taken the lead and turned to give him a wink. "Just be glad you didn't take the easy way out and go to the light side...You may have become lunch." Though she was tempted to add that that could still happen...after all, they were going to meet up with Macron the madman...on his home turf of alchemy...

Maelous

27-02-2014 00:53:14

Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

Maelous frowned at the wink as he slid the helmet down over his head and activated it, the motors whirring as it locked into place with a hiss. The Force was urging him into this connection with the Daughter of Sadow, and yet he still found himself making choices that he was second guessing. He was unsure if he could trust the woman with him, her behavior was confusing and caused him to continually keep his guard up.

The Knight surveyed the frozen, barren waste of the surface. He reached out with the Force and began to feel the dark side energy buried deep within the moon. The Krath moved past him heading for the entrance of the tomb. She glanced back over her shoulder and grinned just enough to show the tips of her fangs. “You coming?”

“Why did you bring me here?” he said through the vocoder of his helmet, his hand on the hilt of his saber.

Maelous caught up to her at the entrance of the tomb. “I don’t know yet, but I promise we’ll both learn something.” Her voice had taken on a more serious tone as they passed over the threshold into the dark. The Sith lit a glowrod and attached it to his armor as they moved further away from the light of the entrance. Jade’s previously confusing manner had abated as they moved cautiously through the first corridor of the tomb, unlit sabers in hand.

With the Force amplifying their senses the pair was able to move down the dimly lit stone halls with relative ease. The Krath lead the way as they moved deeper into the Tomb, reaching out with the Force, further than Maelous could, to check their path.

Jade stepped into a small chamber that quickly flooded with light as the Knight entered behind her. The far wall was natural stone with an opening to the right side. The Epis stood in the center of the room glaring at the wall as she reached out searching for her master. Maelous, still trying to piece together the reason for being in this tomb, stepped up behind her and waited.

The sound of blowing wind began to emanate from the tunnel opening as the two felt a shift in the Force. The dark side welled up within Maelous has he ignited his saber. Jade glanced over her shoulder as the sound raised and a pulse of dark side energy filled the room.

The Knight watched as the Krath’s eyes shifted away from him and widened. Jade ignited her saber and raised it and took a step back. She swung the saber in wide arc at the air and took another step back, “Where are they coming from!” she yelled. Maelous looked around frantically and saw nothing. She swung again and again with each swing taking a step back.

“Jade, what’s going on?” the Sith asked as he scanned the room rapidly, his body tense and ready to strike. She stopped at the sound of his words and brought the saber to her side as she slowly turned to face him.

The Equite’s eye widened as her face twisted in horror.
“What… what in the Force,” she stammered as she stepped back from him. “You’re an abomination!”

She leapt at him swinging her silver blade at his neck. The helmeted man jerked back as the blade hummed past. He brought his saber up only to have it batted away as she came at him with one brutal strike after another. His mind swam as he drew deeper on the Force to aid him only to lose more ground. Jade’s fist shot forward and struck him in the chest as a burst of Force energy erupted from it sending him slamming into the wall.

Maelous slid down the wall onto the ground with a grunt. He looked up through the glass lenses of his helmet as the dark haired woman stood over him. She pointed the tip of her saber at his throat, causing the Sith to stretch his neck to try and put some additional space between it and the blade. The horror left her face quickly, replaced with confusion, as she stared down at him and disengaged her saber.

Jade’s eyes darted around for a moment as her mind came back together. Her head slumped for a moment then she turned away and walked off down the dark natural tunnel without a sound.

Macron Sadow

22-03-2014 17:47:49

Deep Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

Macron had made his way back up from the stygian guts of the tunnels below in the darkness, using the Force and the low light sensors in his helm to see. The Sith had been coming down into this hell for more than eight years in his search for the crystals, and earlier than that while battling Curwen Sunei and working with Tsainetomo. No one knew them better, and only Tsainetomo’s knowledge of the Tombs came close to his own.

He could sense something- or rather someones approaching. In the pouch at his side was a case containing four examples of the small red Adegans he had found far below. One was large enough to make a focussing lens out of, and he intended to do so upon returning to his lab aboard the Miner’s Brother.

He could hear two sets of faint crunching footsteps ahead. A dim light flickered, indicating that the approaching beings had a light source. This made them unlikely to be either undead or some monstrosity. That meant they were likely to be sentients- and only Force users would make it so far down beyond the main Tombs above. This also meant they were not likely to be Journeymen from his Clan bent on connecting to the Dark Side on a deeper level. They never made it down this far- at least not while still alive, anyhow.

The madman scowled. Although the eerie feelings and illusions of the place had largely been mastered by him some years ago, there was still a chance of trickery. The Adept took a deep breath. He made his presence small in the Force, crouched behind some rubble, and waited like a spider in it’s web. No outsiders would steal his specimens. Sadly, although he did not realize it the site had affected him too.

Around the corner stepped two figures in the darkness, one male, one female. A fog and the natural deeper blackness of the place made their forms indistinct. Macron Force-screamed in rage as he leapt from behind the rubble, orange lightsaber ignited and ready to cleave their bodies apart.

JadeSadow

24-03-2014 01:34:44

Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

Jade watched as the room filled with light as Maelous walked in behind her. Her eyes blinked to adjust to the sudden change as it bounced off the walls. The room was confusing to the naked eye, with little holes and caverns, with the main back wall made of natural stone and a couple paths of its own. She wasn't about to just head down the wrong path, she had too much of that recently. Taking a breath she reached out to feel for Macron. He was notorious for hiding, or trying to hide his presence, but her connection to him often gave her an advantage many others didn't have. But as she reached out with the force something didn't feel right.

Wind boomed down the tunnel entrance sounding like someone had just released the flood gates on a damn. She turned to face the wind as the dark side surged within her. Maelous stepped back to take position, he had obviously sensed it as well. Jade wasn't sure what set the wind off, either her added push to find Macron or just the invasion of the glowrod, but she was certain the wind was much more than simple wind. As she was prepared to fight, it burst into the room, filling it with the dark side, making the small camber feel like a heart. The dark side rushing in, expecting to be pushed to where it needed...and in this case..it was needed to take on the intruders.

The wind whipped against the walls and then straight for them. Jade stood still as for a moment; it felt like the air around her had been sucked out of the room, just before a pulse of dark energy and a burst of wind blew through her body. She gasped unsure of how to react. Her body did a self assessment, feeling as though something was wrong, like something had just entered her body...but she couldn't figure out what, or pin point where. She shook her head, that had to be crazy.

But something whispered to her, pulled her to turn where she had once seen Maelous standing, but he wasn't there. A shadowy figure stood where he had been. It was dripping as though the very flesh were crawling with the dark side and blood. Had this thing taken Maelous?! How dare it take him! Her eyes narrowed and she ignited her saber. It was going to pay. "You're an abomination!"

She swung at the creature but it jerked back away from her. Stupid thing was playing with her, toying with her. That was her game, she was the one to play with her prey, how dare it try that on her, especially after taking Maelous. She let out a battle cry as it raised a saber and rained down on the blade. She moved to corner the creature, to torture it, to injure maybe meme it, but not kill it, no not after it had played with her, no, she was going to play with it instead. Swing after swing she heard the hum of her blade clash and screech with the other blade. Enough! Bringing her saber back as though she were going to swing with it she stepped forward and used the force to push the creature hard in the chest. The strange thing was it had felt hard, more like rock or armor, but she figured it was just toying with her senses.

She smirked as the creature hit the wall and slid down it. She moved towards it, bringing her blade up, pointing the tip at the throat...now it would talk...tell her wither where it took Maelous or pay for destroying him. Laughter entered her mind. It was deep and dark. It whispered for her to do it, to just take the revenge, and power, that was behind it. She blinked, staring at her blade. The drone of the hum taking over the laughter, it felt as though a dark veil slid from her body as it did, like letting a cloak fall off her shoulders. She looked from her blade to the creature and saw Maelous on the ground, neck stretched and looking up at her. She swallowed and deactivated her blade. This wasn't right. She had been touched before by something in the dark side, but this...this was different. Before it had made her slightly paranoid, ready to attack...now...now it was like something was touching her...no...maybe even trying to possess her...She looked at Maelous, she didn't know what to say, or even how to apologise or explain herself. She just turned and headed towards where she had felt Macrons presence for a glimmer.

Deep Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

Maelous was behind her as they walked, she felt him come up behind her. She was glad he had followed her in the end, though he had to have wondered what had happened.

Maelous looked at Jade as she walked, the glowrod bouncing shadows off of her as she walked. The dark side was surrounding her...but just as he noticed it, the shadows disappeared...he thought that was odd, after all, it was his glowrod and he hadn't changed positions. Sure it could cause shadows...but the ones he had just seen, slipped from his vision as though as soon as he noticed them, they needed to hide again. Then again...it could have just been a trick of the light...or a trick by her. Yes, maybe that was it, maybe she was testing him. After all, she could have easily killed him back in the chamber, taken him off guard. But she hadn't made any kill blows, hadn't actually hurt him, well ok sending him against the wall hadn't tickled, but she hadn't done damage. "So, why have you brought me here?"
Jade saw that question more like 'are you planning on killing me?' or 'Is this some kind of test or Naga Sadow initiation?' But she didn't have time to answer. Something shimmered in the force and ran through her and activated her blade, sending it crashing into a humming orange blade.

The battle cry of rage hit her as she clashed with the orange blade, it was familiar, but as she stared down her blade at her attacker she started to see the same figure that had taken Maelous...no...wait..that had been a trick. She blinked and looked up. "Well if it isn't my favourite experimenting Madman." Jade purred the words over the hiss of the sabers, holding hers tight against Macrons blade, not ready to disengage in case he was seeing she he had earlier. She felt something slide against her again, and felt Maelous force presence shimmer as he moved closer, waiting to see how the sabers were going to act next. He no doubt had new questions of why she brought him here if Macron was there.

Maelous

26-03-2014 23:35:56

Deep Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

Maelous’ saber hummed into life a second after their blades clashed. If the attack had been aimed at him he would have probably lost a limb, or his head. He eyed the two of them uneasily. This trip had some interesting twists and he wasn’t sure what to make of them. Perhaps this was all some sort of mental game they two liked to play, or maybe a test.

Macron lifted the visor of his helmet and looked at over at the fully armored Maelous.

“Ah, I see you brought him with you, splendid!” he said with a manic grin.

The madman looked back at his former Apprentice and dropped the the faceplate back into place. Maelous watched as Jade seem to struggle to keep Macron’s blade locked with her own.

The Adepts voice cracked through the vocoders of his helmet, “It’s been a long time since we last danced.”

She smiled at him briefly as their blades parted. The pair moved around one another, their blades clashing with that distinctive hiss. The orange and white blades swirled and flashed like a deadly sun rise. The former Jensaarai watched silently, his saber still ignited, as they moved with a speed and grace he would not match. Though one day he knew he would.

Then just as suddenly as it had begun it was over and the two Sadowan’s walked back over to him.

“You’ve improved greately,” the Elder said.

“I think you have just gotten a little rusty,” laughed the Epis

They both turned to face the Exile quickly, before he realized his saber still burned in his hand. He disengaged it without seeming to do it with any real haste.

“So why are we here?” The Knight asked.

Macron lifted his faceplate once more and grinned darkly at Maelous.

“This is a great Dark Side site, and I have been studying it for a long time, Jensaarai,” his voice teetering on the edge of laughter, “I want to explore further but thought it best to bring you both along. Also this.” The madman produced a red crystal from his pouch and started to laugh.

Maelous leaned forward and looked at it intently through the darkened lens of his helmet and nodded.

Macron looked back at the Krath and gave her a toothy smile, “Shall we?” he asked as he motioned into the darkness.

Maelous remembered the scroll he had been looking for as they began to walk. Then suddenly realized that he was with a Son and a Daughter of Sadow. Could this be some test he wondered, could this all just be to prove I am worthy of a scroll Sadow wrote himself?

Macron Sadow

29-03-2014 11:55:21

Deep Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

“These are the maps I have so far,” commented Macron as he laid out several pieces of synth-hide and pointed at the scrawled lines on them. “Old fashioned I know, but it seemed appropriate. This contains my own explorations as well as the information I got from Tsainetomo. We are here… and this area is where we are going.” The map area showed lines that ended in a smudge of ink with nothing beyond.

“There’s nothing there,” commented Jade. “I’m guessing you have other ideas.”

“I do, yes. There are more tunnels.” The madman giggled. “I only got to the edge, and this is where the small adegans were.”

“I know well enough by now that the giggle indicates trouble,” remarked Maelous dryly. “Droids? Undead?” The Exile peered around the dark room quietly. “Illusions? Possession?”

“Probably worse,” snickered Jade with a little twitch. The Krath Epis smirked. “It always is, with him.” She jerked a thumb in the direction of the Alchemist. “You have no idea of the things I’ve seen and done to others with him, Maelous.” Her eyes flashed in the darkness. "The agonies were indescribable."

Macron eyed her quizzically from within his helmet. “Yes, probably so. I saw wyrm-signs in the areas I went to closer up.” The Sith rubbed the chin of his helmet. “Could be any number of things. A Sith Wyrm, Taozin, Darth knows what. I want a sample. As well, I’m on orders from the Grandmaster himself to investigate this adegan source and any alchemical gear or lore that Lord Orian may have left down there.”

“And we actually have to go down there? It will take at least a day of walking to go so deep,” commented Maelous as the regarded the map and it’s key. “We’ll be completely cut off from the surface and communications. It looks like no one has been there since Lord Orian's time. Shavit.”

“That’s right,” the Adept whispered. “Completely-cut-off. You wish to be a more powerful Sith, no? Sith are self reliant. Maelous, no one can ever supplant your original Master. My own was Nekura Manji Keibatsu, and his blade and fists have taken many lives. He beat me mercilessly many times. A consummate masterful warrior of the first order, and I never once beat him in combat.” Macron scowled under the helm at his failure. “My own Sith Master is Darth Vexatus. I’m proposing to you as a new Sith Warrior that you allow me to instruct you. Your Master Jeric taught you well, and I intend to personally show you what it means to truly be Sith. The Force and weaponry serve us well, but there are greater mysteries. If you wish to learn the secrets of Alchemy, down we must go into the bowels of this moon. Jade here has been my best student of alchemical lore to date. It will not be easy, but your perseverance will pay you well. What say you?”

JadeSadow

08-04-2014 01:35:38

Deep Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

Jade looked at the maps, her mind wandering with a million things. From all the lore and scrolls that could be in the tombs, to the possible strategies they may need to get to them, to even this strange creeping touch of something moving up her spine. It almost felt like as it moved, it moved to consume her, to take over her...that had to be the darkness talking. She looked at Macron, maybe she was starting to take after him more then she thought.

As Macron went into his history she knew what was coming and she partly envied Maelous for the experience he was about to have, like she had, and partly felt sorry for him for the same reason. She wasn't sure which she felt more of, but as she thought about it, the shadow feeling crept higher on her body. She shook the feeling off, listening to the madman talk. It really was an impressive history, and one she was proud to be a continuing part of. She smiled, showing the tips of her fangs as Macron complimented her.

"Jade here has been my best student of alchemical lore to date." Though it hadn't been easy by any means, she was certain it ran through her veins. Jade thought about that for a second. Perhaps he has made it actually run through her veins. She had become the subject of a couple of his experiments in the past...usually when he caught her sneaking in to learn more when he wasn't looking, she figured he must have thought she would kill him when he wasn't looking if she learned too much. The shadow swirled in her stomach and whispered that maybe in the end that's what he really wanted. Maybe his experiments had been a way to make her stronger, stronger in ability, and power, to fight him and give him a sweet release.

"It will not be easy, but your perseverance will pay you well. What say you?” Maelous looked at Jade as Macron spoke and she shook her head. Those thoughts were disturbing. Macron was like her family, no was her family...her teacher...her mentor, she was crazy to think these thoughts.

Jade moved closer to the two guys and put her hand on her hip, cocking it to the side as her other hand palmed her saber. "Hmmmm...You know, I'd think very carefully about your answer." Maelous blinked looking at her. "You'll learn a lot, but you might end up with a scar or two." She laughed and lifted her shirt enough to show the scar on her stomach. Truth be told it was when she took a saber to help end a war, but she knew Maelous wouldn't know that...at least not yet. No doubt he would find out, but for now she could have her fun toying with his mind.

Maleous looked at Jade, her hand poised on her saber, her body moving casually as she spoke, but as she lifted her shirt and he saw the star white scar on her abdomen. He could swear he thought he saw something move in it, but blinked it away as a trick of the Krath.

Placing her hand back on her saber hilt she looked at Macron then Maelous. "You realize if you say yes I'll have to hold you down as he kills you slowly with whatever experiment he chooses." Jade winks at Macron and steps closer to Maelous, whispering low. "And if you say no, I'll have to kill you for Macrons sake of honour, right?"

Maelous

08-04-2014 16:16:51

Deep Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

Maelous’ eyes narrowed behind the darkened glass of his helmet’s lens and pushed the strange moving shadows out of his mind for Krath tricks, or possibly the Dark Side energy of this place. He knew the madman had a reputation for experimenting on his students, comrades, pretty much anything he could get his hands on. It could all be rumors, he thought.

“I’m fond of scars,” he said, the thought of death never crossing his mind.

He shifted on his feet and looked past her at Macron, “It would be an honor to learn from your experience,” his voice like rusted metal through the vocoder speakers, “I've been rather intrigued with alchemy all my life.”

The Adept nodded, “Good, you have great potential, Jensaarai. I intend to see you reach it, or kill you trying,” he said punctuating his words with a devious chuckle.

Macron reached for the map and gingerly rolled the synth-hide back up; while Jade grinned and nodded approvingly at Maelous as she attached her lightsaber to her belt once more. The alchemist placed the map it back in the tube then slung it around his back and secured it. He looked up at the two and nodded again. The Elder spun on his heels and began to walk away from the pair as they quickly fell into step behind him.

The Krath took the up rear as they moved in a line through the tunnel. The Exile could not help but sense an unease coming from her. He did not understand why he sensed anything from her at all, but he did along with something else, like oil on water, that he could not seem to put a finger on what that meant.

“Down into the dark then,” Macron cackled, “all the best mysteries are in the dark!”

Macron Sadow

12-04-2014 00:34:42

Deep Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

“Yes, yes. We’re passing through the rotten hydrolyzed rock zone down to the hard stuff. Not much weathering down here in the good stuff,” chuckled the madman as his boots crunched on the gravel and grit that lined the tunnel paths. The Sith held a mini-fusion lamp high. “You can really see the hard rock strata and contacts nicely. Not much actual ore left either. Do you see that? The chisel marks? You can see where the Ekind were forced to chisel the living rock from this hole for Lord Orian… and then die horribly.”

“Thousands of years ago?” quipped Maelous. “Amazing. the did a damn thorough job of removing the ore.” The Exile studied the gouges in the stone walls. “Hand chisel work, too. Doesn’t look automated.”

“Wouldn’t you if your life depended on it?” asked Jade as she ran her fingertips across the raw black stone with a slight shudder. “Still, I am sure they left their own secrets.” She lifted her hand to her mouth and licked her fingertips. “I can almost taste their pain and fear.”

“Of course they did,” giggled Macron. “Yes… of course they did. I fought an Undead animated by the Dark Side that held Ekind weaponry a kilometer ahead. And Lord Orian’s cast-offs probably sought a place to hide down deep in the dark.”

“By cast-offs, what exactly do you mean?” asked the Sith Warrior directly. “I’ve learned to be direct with you. What sort of things exist down here?” Maelous looked about with a piercing depth of sight that could not be seen under his helm-glass. “The feeling of cold and death is stronger.” He could feel the pressure of the Dark Side calling him. The promise of seductive power was clear.

“Well, I’m not exactly sure,” replied Macron as he resumed his even pace ahead into the gloom. The fusion lamp flickered as it illuminated the tunnel. The Elder giggled. “Isn’t that exciting? Hehe. Upstairs, you get the usual moderate Dark Side Site effects, occasional Undead, some vermin, maybe even a trap if you venture into an undisturbed tunnel. Down here, Downstairs? Who knows. However, as you can feel the power is greater. Stronger. This is something that has not been cataloged just yet, at least in our Clan lore. We are on the edge of a major Dark Side site way down here. To my knowledge, only myself, Tsainetomo, and Curwen Sunei have been down here since Lord Orian’s time. And really, none of us have been that deep. Probably Sunei went the deepest. Unfortunately he is dead.”

“Is he truly dead?” asked Jade as she turned to look at her Master. “I’ve heard you mutter his name on several occasions since you slew him, and I helped save your life when Shar Dakhna’s sword overpowered you.” The Krath Epis smirked. “Are you sure he does not persist?” Her body language spoke of disbelief. "Is he dispersed?"

“No… no, he does,” frowned Macron as he grimaced under his helm plate. “He animated the Undead I fought. I think. It could have been a hallucination…” The Alchemist rubbed the temples of his helm with uncertainty. “This place won’t let you die or become one with the Force. Spend enough time here, and if you pass you’ll become a Dark Shade. Curwen did I'm sure.”

“That’s reassuring,” remarked Maelous dryly. “Nice climate, great company.” The Exile swiped an armored finger across the stone on the side of the tunnel. “Hmm. This looks like…. a snail track, but huge. Macron?” The former Jensaari took a hand-analyzer from his belt and clicked it. "Nothing in the database records. Huge protein chains. Looks like a Sith-spawn to me."

“Yes. Wyrm sign as I mentioned before,” chuckled the madman. “I don’t think it’s a Taozin. More than likely a Sith Wyrm, one of Lord Orian’s cast-offs. Prepare yourselves.” The Alchemist handed several hard-enhanced thermal detonators to Jade and Maelous. “Customized with the hottest baradium rad-isotopes from the Last Breath mine by me,” he giggled. “Don’t drop them. If it’s a real Sith Wyrm the poppers won’t stop it, but they will buy us time.”

JadeSadow

16-04-2014 01:09:48

Deep Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

Jade looked around at the rock as they walked. She didn't like the way Macron seemed to almost giggle in glee as he mentioned all the possible ways they could die...though if she were honest with herself, she couldn't blame him...in fact, she would probably be worried if he hadn't been giggling with glee. She looked at the detonators Macron gave her. "We aren't down here just so you can get a new pet to experiment on are we?" She grinned at her old friend and master.

Macron chuckled and waved towards Maelous. "Don't be absurd...I already have a new pet to play with."

Jade laughed as Maelous looked at her. "My apologies." She gave Macron a half bow of jest as they moved through the cave. She ran her fingers over the stone, it felt strange...and she would almost swear it had a pulse...well it was either that, or she felt her own pulse beating through to the rock. The dark side had its mysterious ways, so it was possible.

Maelous took up a rear point, still unsure of the two Sadows. If he took the back he was fairly certain, if he needed too, he could try to escape...if the Tombs would let him...what was he thinking?! He'd only have a slight chance if Macron and Jade gave him the opportunity to run. He shook his head. Stupid thoughts...Macron wouldn't be leading him this far into secret tunnels if he was going to kill him...at least...he was hoping. Maelous did his best not to let the dark side creep too much into his thoughts. He could see how it was effecting the two more seasoned members of the Clan. Macron chuckling with the promise of a hidden, darkened, and what was well thought to be, madden or crazed soul. Jade, with tendrils of dark shadows swirling around her, and if he were asked, he'd almost swear they were coming out of her as well...like a living breathing promise of death. He shuddered. He couldn't afford to let the massive feelings of the dark side overwhelm him, tempt his thoughts against the deadly sabers in front of him. He looked ahead into the darkness and told himself he took the rear point because he wanted to watch their backs. He looked over his shoulder behind him.

As Maelous turned to look he heard the sound of a saber igniting. Turning back he saw Jade stand in front of Macron, as though protecting him, but it left herself wide open for attack. Something he though wasn't really her style of fighting. The glow of her saber bounced off the Sith Wyrm. Though impressive, it filled him with a new sense of fear. But fear was good...it fed the dark side...wait...did a voice just tell him that? The wyrm dived towards Jade with its massive mouth of fangs and drool. But as it neared her it suddenly veered off and headed straight for Macron. Maelous could of sworn he saw Jade turn for just a split second, her eyes deep black soulless mirrors, before he dodged the long strike of the massive creative. Macron jumped out of the way and grabbed his detonator.

Macron pushed off the ground with little effort as the wyrm veered towards him. Though the creature didn't leave much room in the tunnel for manoeuvring, he easily avoided the first strike attack. He glanced over at Maelous, watching as Jensaarai dove out of the way. Macron wondered what could have caught Maelous attention that almost made him wyrm bait. Maelous pushed off in a tuck roll, and in a sense of defiance jumped onto the body of the creature and ran towards Macron. The madman looked towards the end of the tunnel the wyrm had come from, knowing it wouldn't be long before the creature doubled back for another attack. But as he looked he got a strange feeling of something else being present. The force shimmered and crawled through him. A feeling he had before, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Jade seemed frozen in time, but as if something suddenly released her, she held out the detonator in her hand and motioned towards the creature as Macron and Maelous ran towards her.

"You better not throw that till we get past the tail!" Macron threatened, though he knew Jade wouldn't intentionally try and kill him...maybe one day, perhaps.

"Then run faster!" Jade smirked and pointed at the creature. "It's turning around."

Macron motioned to Maelous to detonate his little gift. "It's about to get really loud." Maelous could of sworn he heard excitement in the madmans' voice.

Maelous

09-05-2014 14:03:05

Deep Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

The three hurled their detonators, almost in unison, at the Sith Wyrm. The containers struck it’s thick skin and erupted. The creature screamed in pain as the flames marred it’s hide. The massive form turned and rushed away from the Dark Siders.

“Part of the mystery?” Maelous said dryly.

Macron laughed, “I expected we would see him sooner, so no. I plan to go deeper than any other has before. The three of us will find things no other has seen since the time of Orian”

Jade smirked eyeing the two men, “If that is the case, we should get moving. That thing will probably be back.”

The two Sith did not argue with the Krath’s logic. Thee trio began to move, in silence, deeper into the heart of the moon.

The Exile drew on the Force, let it fill him, to enhance his senses. He listened to the sounds of the tunnel, allowed himself to feel it’s vibration, searching for things he could not see. It wasn’t fear but anticipation that had gripped him. The possibility to learn things that had been lost for thousands of years.

“Maelous, the crystal formations start just up ahead,” Macron said with a chuckle, “They are smaller this close to the surface, and probably not good for their intended use, but they are there. The deeper we go the more Dark Side energy there is, it seems to enhance their growth.”
“Are you sure they aren’t just reaching for the surface?” Jade asked.

“It is unlikely, apprentice,” the Elder said, “Though I suppose it is a possibility. Just imagine a saber with a sentient crystal. I must remember to look into this,” his words ending in a excited giggle.

Suddenly the Adept stopped and stared at an opening in the side of the tunnel, “This was not here before.” his voice was calm and contemplative, which unnerved Maelous. The madman produce the map from it’s tube and began to look it over, as Jade examined the entrance.

“It looks man made,” she said with a curious tone.

“The vibration from our detonators must have shaken something loose,” Maelous said flatly.

Macron turned and looked at his companions as he returned the syth-hide map to its container, “Either way, there is no record of it, and we are here for the mystery so we must explore.”

The Elder moved quickly into the new found corridor. Jade and Maelous eyed one another for a brief moment before she motioned for him to follow, he slipped through, followed by the Epis.

Macron Sadow

12-05-2014 19:55:45

Deepest Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

“I’m afraid that wormy-girl we saw up there was perhaps a young adult…. “ Macron chuckled. “They might get bigger. Looks like they bred since Lord Orian’s time. Don’t worry, it is easy to see their domain Maelous. Giant holes in the tunnels? Check. Not much use looking for bones. They eat them, too. This tunnel… yes, as you say Jade appears to be hewn from the rock. ” The Sith drifted his fingers down the stone as the special sensors in his helm recorded the spectral data. "This new opening is very, very interesting."

The silence was deafening. The pressure of the moon's mass around them and the unstable conditions above were unsafe. There was no light or sound from any source other than their own equipment. No animal sounds, nothing. Except the creaking of rocks that were ready to shift and explode into their rightful place. The trio moved as quietly as able. The new undocumented tunnel led downward at a sharp angle.

“I suggest we take stock of our gear, food, and water,” Maelous stated as he laid out his kit. “I have seven more days of water and rations for- myself. We must survive. In my culture, survival in the wastes was a test that the younglings do before earning a lightsaber.”

“I honor that Maelous- our interests may align. Food. I have some. And the nutrient-slop that keeps me alive. It… yeah, it would taste like hell but will keep you alive in a pinch. We must ascertain the situation.” Macron gathered survival supplies.

“We are deep in the connection to the Dark Side….” stated Jade as she inhaled the old earth, abused rock, and the dust of ages. “I feel the power.” The Darksider held her hands up as wisps of fog clung to her. “So deep.”

JadeSadow

12-05-2014 22:31:50

Deepest Tunnels
Tombs of Orian
Inos Moon 42
Orian System

Jade heard the two talking about food, she wasn't worried, she had her gear, plus, she could always have a bite of...her fangs grew and she blinked. Her eyes darkened as she looked at her hands. Power swirled around them, and a strange feeling took over as the fog gathered and moved around it, almost like it was dancing, or calling a piece of her out to dance.

"Jade...you good?" Maelous looked at the Krath as she turned towards him. Were her eyes black? Soulless? He looked again but it was almost like a déjà vu moment, there but gone just as soon as the feeling slid across his skin. He looked at the fog that surrounded her.

Jade shook off the feeling and put her hands are her sides, taking a step forward to look at the tunnel. "Oh I'm set." She looked at Macron, "Where do you think it leads?"

He laughed, "That, we are going to find out." He scanned the rock once again.

"If the crystals could possibly be reaching towards the surface to taint it with more of the dark side, do you think perhaps this tunnel could be from someone finding those stray crystals that may have made it?" Jade couldn't explain it but something inside her shivered. Not with fear, but with power. It was excited they were at this tunnel.

"Think we will meet one of our welcome wagon friends down here again?" Maelous looked towards the tunnel. He couldn't help but think about the fog and how it seemed like the wyrm completely by passed Jade.

Macron repositioned his gear and nodded to the other two as he started walking towards the opening of the steep angle. "If not, I hope we find something to play with!"

Oh you have no idea what waits to play with you. Jade shook the thought out of her head, thinking she was going crazy.

"What are we going to do? Repel down the rock?" Maelous stood over the opening and held up a glow rod, but it didn't help much. Like the power around them, it was too dark to penetrate. It knew how to keep its secrets.

"I hate rock climbing, too much work." Macron looked and kicked a rock down the tunnel. All three waited to hear it hit the bottom. 1...2...3...4...CRACK! The three look at each other.

"Ok, that can't be normal." Maelous looked from the other two to the hole, edging closer.

"Sounds like something crushed the rock." Jade, though she had the urge to just leap and see what happened, couldn't help the eerie feeling of the crushing rock.