SvC: Children of Revolution OOC

Macron Sadow

02-06-2012 17:03:33

OOC thread for the runon.

Mirado

04-06-2012 15:44:40

I wound up, in proper CNS fashion, getting drunk before I could post my upcoming. Sorry it took so long.

Xanos

05-06-2012 15:07:57

It seems the local fauna doesn't react well to arcane rituals...

Animals never are very good during storms, are they? :\

Mirado

08-06-2012 04:39:02

Decided to try a bit of an experiment. If nothing else, I figure this forces me to expand writing other characters a bit more, and hopefully, a bit better.

Roxas

08-06-2012 12:25:20

I guess my plans of joining the sons were foiled, well for now. Could I get some clothes, so I don't catch a cold in this chilly cell? :\

Atra

08-06-2012 13:09:01

You ignored direct summons from the clan, which that in itself is marking you as deserter, AND ignored Teu... lmfao.. I don't think she will be kind.

Atra

10-06-2012 19:59:23

It's been brought up a couple times that people are getting frustrated by how other people are portraying their characters.

Please, if you are not 110% sure how the PC you are controlling would react in the situation do not post it without talking to them.

Malisane

10-06-2012 20:33:35

Though you're right in principle Atra the slight problem with that idea is that if we're all posting in a co-operative runon say in a vendetta, which is kind of time limited, if you're going to post people exactly right you have two options.

You can just post with people you know well which is fine in principles but leads to cliques and lots of different little plots and a few people feeling left out because they're not part of it.

Or you can spend ages discussing with everyone who might be present including people who aren't in IRC about the indepth nature of their character, their history, emotions, motivations, which a good idea but if everyone does that before they post it's kind of going to drag a 4 week vendetta runon into several months to a year and likely a 6th place result.

The alternative is people just put up with the fact that if you do a runon people write your character wrong from time to time or write them doing something you didn't want to and accept that they're doing their best without being precious about it. I've been doing these things for 7 years and even people I've been writing with for all those years get my character wrong let alone newer people.

It's all part of co-operative writing.

Atra

10-06-2012 20:48:13

I know what is involved with co-operative writing, still, it is my job as one of the organizers for this to share complaints when they are brought up. Just keep in mind that some people may not agree with what you are doing with your character and don't be shocked if they get pissy.

Xanos

11-06-2012 04:53:35

Heh... characterisation and Star Wars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RVJJfny4I

Macron Sadow

12-06-2012 16:22:24

To clear a few things up:

Sometimes in competition runons like this, people write difficult situations for each other. It happens in the ACC all the time. It definitely happens in GJW runons.

People might think I'm trying to be "all powerful" or something. Not the case at all. Rather, to give you guys something to do besides the standard meet and greet if you care to. In character it's just a distraction.

For example, the virus in the YVH droids is easily dealt with by any of you in character that have the skills. Notice, I had Sildrin say I'm a poor programmer already.

Also, the bug-thing is not a Leviathan. It's a failed hybrid with a very short lifespan that's easily dealt with by high explosives. In fact, a clever person would trick it back into the warehouse in a post and let it's owners blow it up by accident.

I heard a complaint that the troops in the warehouse scene would open fire if I (via hologram) was such a high priority target. Open fire on a lit-lightsaber wielding dark Jedi that you know has a long track record of reflecting bolts? Probably not. Better to report it. Of course the powers that be will guess it's a distraction.

Let's all have fun here! If you need a write in please email me and I'm happy to do it!

Next, the worm within the the power grid in Markosian is also dealble with. Harder, because Sai wrote it, but there's no reason somebody couldn't "outcyber" him with the mainframe and resources at hand in character if that's something they like to write about. Nothing is written in stone here.

Fremoc

14-06-2012 02:24:15

Also... zombies = bad. Just a hint... *cough**cough*

Xanos

14-06-2012 09:52:12

See not with your eyes, but with your feet...

It's a trap! :!:

Malisane

14-06-2012 16:51:01

Hey everyone. Just posted Malisane taking over Marakith. He's just setting off for Kel Rasha. There's plenty of time here, he's had to put it to low orbit, and shut the computer system down so he can reboot it, so it's not moving very fast on a set course and he's got a slow journey of about 8-12 hours to get there across the land then the ocean.

Atra

14-06-2012 22:18:57

First off, I'd like to remind everyone the joys of being a messenger and I'd rather not be shot...

That said, it has come to me to generically remind the Clan about the dangers of sideplots within RunOns. To quote the Shadow Academy exam, if a sidestory does not enhance the main RunOn's end goals, or if it is left open ended, it does not belong within the RunOn.

There is ample space for outside character development threads, you can even have events in them act side by side that of the RunOn. Sideplots have the risk of loosing newer members in the convolution of corridors that even older members can occasionally have issues with. They can very easily over complicate something that should be straightforward.

We're all here to have fun, but we also want to keep everything as accessible as possible.

I hope we can all continue to have an amazing RO, as I for one have loved the activity in competitions and in the thread itself... and as always... THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!

Have fun guys!

Macron Sadow

14-06-2012 23:53:44

Uh Malisane's bit was part of the main plot? And so was the Remy thing? I'm confused.

Sildrin

15-06-2012 05:39:44

*looks at her fingernails, collects some of the blood*
Nothing as potential as pure Sadow blood that gives you acess to all of your wishes. ;)

Anyone: Feel free to make the computer look very shizophrenic. Sildrin's invasion into the computer along with the defences, suddenly put the computer into the same situation as HAL 9000 (I hope you know the movie and the computer ;) ).
The computer is now utterly confused, having several directly opposite commands. And that turns out to be fatal to the logic of the computer until it has finally rebooted.

So the computer is going a bit nuts - adding potential threats and distractions to the Sons as also the members of the clan.

Xanos

15-06-2012 05:43:27

GLaDOS eat your heart out. :lol:

Atra

15-06-2012 07:21:43

It's not exactly anything super specific Macron, it was just brought up from multiple sources so I need to remind people of the dangers.

We also have some newer members commenting on how difficult our Runons are to get into based on their complexity.

Sildrin

15-06-2012 08:28:21

We also have some newer members commenting on how difficult our Runons are to get into based on their complexity.

Give me their eMail. I will contact them and write them in ;)
Furthermore I would advice to send them to this specific post so they can raise questions about the story.
Or send their questions to e.g. me or Xanos or maybe nagasadow eMaillist, please. We are glad to offer our help. :)

Atra

15-06-2012 12:48:04

Being written in isn't the problem, it's lack of wanting to participate because it is too complicated. There isn't an easy "go here" fix to issues like this, Sildrin.

Xanos

15-06-2012 15:04:38

If you're a newbie reading this, don't be afraid to ask what's troubling you in this thread. Many did that during previous GJWs, many met their future masters, and many more became future leaders after first getting involved in OOC threads just like this. :D

So what's happening right now? Less than you saw happen in Return of the Jedi!

Unless you've already chosen otherwise, virtually all of you are in the Great Hall, where the palace defences went haywire and started shooting everyone in the room. Unlike Han, Luke and Leia, you're all together, so build off that, and take strength from it. :wink:

In reality, so long as you don't blow the planet up with a Death Star, it's almost impossible for you to write something that won't work out. And don't feel your posts need to be long, either. A couple of paras is more than enough to get started. :mrgreen:

And trust me, nothing you write can be as bad as I was when I first started. (I'd show you, but thankfully those forums are long since defunct. :lol: )

Mirado

18-06-2012 10:52:44

Soooooo, how big is Marakith exactly? Seems the wiki wasn't too forthcoming on the subject.

Xanos

18-06-2012 11:35:38

Large. :P

I always pictured it sorta average space platform size, just without the 'being in space' part. (Originally, it was meant to eclipse the central government district of Seng Karash below, although the city has probably been treated as being bigger than that since I suspect).

Malisane would have a better idea than me though so I'll shoot him a quick email.

Malisane

21-06-2012 20:47:00

Sorry for the delay. To be honest I had no idea anyway for fictional purposes "big skyhook" has worked for the last few years. However after some debate and research we're going with the main disc part being 700m in diametre, 500m in depth from the top the the disc to to the thinner area below, and the large spike at the bottom is 600m long.

Hope that helps.

Locke

27-06-2012 23:13:13

Just to give you guys a heads up, I have a Final first thing in the morning and then I'll be posting sometime tomorrow.

Locke

28-06-2012 23:07:03

Alright, I posted, and in my post I included a couple of things that hint at places anyone can jump in and participate. There's still the statues and turrets in the halls of the Temple, and also the attacking natives outside. They both need to be taken care of, so if you want something to do, choose one of them, push them back, and plan to get rid of them around July 4th, when the Runon will end. How you fight them and defeat them is entirely up to you.

Later in my post I've begun the showdown between Locke and Macron, which is important to the overall plot, but not so much to your individual position.

For Atra, Roxas, and anyone else who wants to get involved in our little scuffle: Teu is posting next, then I'd recommend Atra, since Roxas posted most recently.

Have at it!

Tron

29-06-2012 21:27:21

To anyone wanting to get into the run-on, you can be a sleeper agent - contact me if you want the opportunity

Sildrin

02-07-2012 20:28:57

Credits to my latest post (that with Trev talking to Tron) goes partly to Xanos (who is terribly busy with moving, so I helped out).
And if you think that I made Trevarus look like an arrogant @ssh***..... Sorry, but he is in reality way more arrogant than I could make him appear in my post. ;)

Atra

12-07-2012 09:46:33

Anyone waiting on me to post should just go ahead and post themselves. I have no real internet access outside of the workplace until Monday at the earliest... bah says I.