So.. what do you guys wanna do?

Raistlin

19-03-2005 01:40:20

So, yea, has this question ever been asked before?

I want to know what you guys (I.E) the members of HLK want to do in the DB. Do you want to fly and write stories? JA and Roleplay? ACC?

Do you want to go on grand sweeping, epic battles for the glory of your clan. Would you rather go searching for enemy artifacts. Set up a strike team to take out rebels?

basically, i want to know what interests *my* members, so that me and B-Bizzle can work with you guy, in order to make sure you're gettin the most out of your time here, havin fun, and doin whatever it is that makes the whole Star Wars Mystique fun, and enjoyable for you to invest time in a fictional online club.

Me personally?

My character is motivated by the money. Just lke in RL, lol.

Raistlin fictionally, inherited a galactic shipping company worth billions. Selling some off, while still retaining stock, I care about power. Exerting my influence over worlds, etc. While im finiancailly sufficient, that isnt enough for me. I want a legacy, for people to remember my name. ill do anything as long as it involves personal gain, and combat.

I play JA, and ACC, and I RP. Im getin XWA soon.

See how hard that was? lol.

Get up with me people, even you Bob =P

Macron Sadow

19-03-2005 10:19:41

Hi!
My character is motivated by knowledge, knowledge is power. I like to write, just got JO and suck at it, and would like any of the fictional things you were mentioning. I'd personally like to go on a quest to some cool Dark side site to retrieve knowledge or artifacts. I like the ACC too, and could use some help getting the rules down.

Oh yeah, and Macron really likes killing people, especially Jedi. heh heh.

Macron Sadow

19-03-2005 16:02:17

here's good question: What are our clan powers?

Muz Ashen

19-03-2005 18:00:17

As it stands (we are shy a few powers, and Trev is working on it, IIRC...so look for updates soon):

Clan Naga Sadow Specific: Telekinetics

Parent School: Telekinesis

Disciplines:

Path of Macrokinetics:
Macrokinetics is the manipulation of the physical Force and of the energy that exists between objects.
Path of Microkinetics: Microkinetics is the manipulation of the Forces within matter, such as electricity, and thermal energy.

After gaining the first level of Clan Naga Sadow Kinetics, the Jedi must select a Path to focus their study. Once selected, their path may not be changed.

Class/Clan Status

Path of Microkinetics (1)
Path of Macrokinetics (2)

Level 1-3 Journeyman Class
ACO-DJK
Battleteam Member
Battleteam Leader

1-Telekinetic Sensitive (1)
2-Source Drain (1)
3-Conductive Dispersion (1)

1-Telekinetic Sensitive (2)
2-Force Barrier (2)
3-Telekinetic Grip (2)

Level 4-6 Equite Class
KP-KPN, OC-OT, SW-SO
Aedile
Quaestor

4-Thermal Shock (1)
5-Energy Redirection (1)
6-Concentration (1)

4-Telekinetic Locomotion (2)
5-Object Translocation (2)
6-Telekinetic Storm (2)

Level 7-9 Elder Class
DA-DJP
Consul
Proconsul

7-Energy Storm (1)
8-Kinetic Disruption (1)
9-Corporeal Translocation (1)

7-Assisted Retreat (2)
8-Force Vibrations (2)
9-Corporeal Translocation (2)

Level 10: Kinetic Mastery
GM, Consul (Emeritus)

Gravitational Body Manipulation

Note: Kinetic Mastery is bestowed on Consuls at the Rank of Dark Adept, or Consul Emeritus with permission of current Summit and the Deputy Grand Master

Powers:

Path of Microkinetics

Telekinetic Sensitive: This is the base power and a prerequisite for all further powers, Telekinetic Sensitivity is a requirement of all followers of Naga Sadow and ensures that members of the Clan are adept at manipulating the Force around them. This allows the student to use the powers of Telekinesis particular to the Clan, in addition to the usual Brotherhood methods.
Source Drain: Jedi trained in this power may intake energy from any external source in direct contact with their skin. With further training the Jedi may become proficient at absorbing the energy from blaster bolts or lightsabers and using it to power their attacks or accelerate their healing.
Conductive Dispersment: is the ability to release previously absorbed energy into another object with conductive capacity, with the merest touch. This power may be cause grievous injury to a living object, or even destroy sensitive electronics.
Energy Redirection: Once sufficiently trained Jedi can apply their earlier abilities such as Source Drain in aggressive situations. For example the Jedi might drain the energy from a power cell and redirect it in an explosive burst of electric energy, this power is especially useful at a distance, with other telekinetic abilities.
Energy Storm: By drawing on a great deal of energy the Jedi becomes capable of feats far beyond the normal power of his abilities. An example might be drawing all the energy from a land speeder’s power core and using it to telekinetically destroy a flight of starfighters.
Thermal Shock: By causing matter to increase in kinetic energy the Jedi may make an object rise in temperature, or cool, just by touching it. He may melt a door that blocks his path, or cool an amount of water to provide ice for his favourite beverages.
Corporeal Translocation: An improvement on the more restricted form of translocation available to Equites, at this level one can relocate their own body from one location to another. However the ability is limited to within a gravity well or aboard a ship with functioning gravitation systems.
Kinetic Disruption: The Jedi may remove all energy from any source even down to the most basic atomic functions, effectively casting the object from existence as its matter-energy balance is destroyed. The Jedi must immediately redirect this energy or risk destroying himself as he draws fantastic power. Remember, energy is equal to matter, remove the energy; remove the matter.
Concentration: An extremely useful technique that allows the Jedi to create waves or beams of energy. These appear in a laser-like precision, and are like lasers in all particulars. The size of the beam and the color will change as more energy is applied to the beam. A beam of concentrated energy might be useful for burning through a door, while a wave might shatter a small vehicle.

Path of Macrokinetics

Telekinetic Sensitive: This is the base power and a prerequisite for all further powers, Telekinetic Sensitivity is a requirement of all followers of Naga Sadow and ensures that members of the Clan are adept at manipulating the Force around them.
Force Barrier: With youth comes the need to defend oneself, and all new Journeymen are trained to manifest the Force around them into a solid wall to deflect physical attacks.
Telekinetic Grip: Made famous by Darth Vader, the power to use the Force to constrict an object from a distance is a classic example of the Dark Side. This power offers the Jedi the ability to rupture organs or restrict blood flow, though could also be applied to many other situations.
Telekinetic Locomotion: At this level the Jedi may his powers of Telekinesis on himself to levitate for prolonged periods. With greater skill the duration and magnitude of the Jedi’s flight may be amplified making it possible for him to use his powers in place of all forms of local transportation.
Object Translocation: Learnéd Equites become capable of instantly relocating the position of a small body from one location to another, one possible application of this power might be for the Jedi to recall his lightsaber to his hand had he dropped it.
Corporeal Translocation: An improvement on the more restricted form of translocation available to Equites, at this level one can relocate their own body from one location to another. However the ability is limited to within a gravity well or aboard a ship with functioning gravitation systems.
Assisted Retreat: With this ability, the Barrier that the Jedi creates may be accelerated to an extremely high velocity. This pushes the attacker into an entirely new direction: into the opposite wall at bone crunching speed. Like a baseball to a batter.
Telekinetic Storm: The Force touches all things, no matter their size. By attuning his focus across a wide area, the Jedi may create a hurricane-like storm of objects. Objects great and small may be hurled and whirled about in this storm, and opponents caught in the path of the maelstrom may find themselves finely perforated.
Force Vibrations: As one becomes familar with movement and manipulating through the Force, one becomes aware of the natural patterns of movement within stellar bodies. Attuning one's self to the movement of tectonic plates, it is possible to manipulate faults and such, causing earthquakes, avalances, tidal waves, and other catastrophes of a planet’s physical surface.

Masters of Telekinetics:

Kinetic Mastery: The reigning and all former Consuls in good standing are granted the right to Kinetic Mastery giving them full access to the whole range of Telekinetic powers, at the rank of Dark Adept and approval of the Deputy Grand Master

Gravitational Body Manipulation: A highly advanced application of Telekinesis that allows the Jedi to physically alter the paths of major gravitational bodies such as moons, asteroids, comets or even starships. Though the movement is limited to the Jedi’s power even a slight deviation in a chosen body’s orbital path could lead to inevitable doom, be it thought collision with another body or dramatic climate changes. The magnitude of the movement is dependant on the size of the body in question, a large moon may only be shifted a few degrees while a small starship may be hurled across the galaxy. It is rumoured that Grand Masters may be able to destroy entire worlds with a wave of the hand.

Macron Sadow

19-03-2005 18:24:01

Thanks Muz

Xhedias

24-03-2005 13:52:45

these are approved? I dont want to use anything that will get me disqualified from an acc battle...

Muz Ashen

24-03-2005 15:11:51

As far as I know, these are as legit as it gets....
using these powers under the qualifying errata of the Clan and Order Powers doc that the GM put otu is kosher. Trev did it in an ACC match not long ago, IIRC.

Xhedias

25-03-2005 00:36:08

eeeeek, im going to read over these in depth and memorize them :P

Aidan Kincaid

25-03-2005 03:13:32

Gonna point out that you can't create your own requirements (ie the rank things) as the Clan/Order power requirements are DB-wide and found in the gm/policies section of djb.org

Malik

25-03-2005 06:24:49

those are from before the official requirements were made public. And I'd also like to point out that more powers will be added as currently we only go to level 10 where the official thing goes to level 12.

Muz Ashen

25-03-2005 08:10:36

using these powers under the qualifying errata of the Clan and Order Powers doc that the GM put otu is kosher.

Shadow, you really gotta start reading my posts before you post...

the powers thing is older than the new requirements, as Malik explained...we just have not updated the bloody document, esp. considering that we are in need of 2 more powers.

So, everyone needs to figure out exactly what level they are floating at according to the GM's powers guide and then correlate it with the new CNS powers doc when it comes out. This is just a rough idea of wht powers the clan will have, and i'm pretty sure that at least one of the powers will be getting interjected beneath tenth level, so this is just a tentative guide...but more or less 'official' for now.

Macron Sadow

25-03-2005 21:30:02

I'm trying to figure whether I would be a one or a two, I went with microkinetics. ???