What The?

Tsingtao

29-11-2007 09:34:09

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=329302&rss=yes

Jedi fanatics pray to Ford
Tuesday Nov 27 06:00 AEDT
By ninemsn staff

Harrison Ford claims he is being constantly bothered by Star Wars fans, who pray to him as the leader of the "Jediism" religion.

Ford, well known for his performances as the space pilot Han Solo in the science-fiction film series, said the film fanatics prayed to him at the doorstep of his Wyoming home.

"It's flattering, but I can't accept their prayers," he told Associated Press.

Star Wars, which first appeared in the 1970s, became a pop culture phenomenon and inspired the so-called "Jediism" religion.

But in an ironic twist, Harrison Ford revealed in 2006 that he wanted to kill off intergalactic rogue Han Solo in Return of the Jedi, the series' concluding film.

"I did think the character itself was relatively thin. I would have liked to see some complication for the character; the only complication I didn't get was to die at the end of the third one," he said.

"I thought that would have given the whole film a bottom, but I couldn't talk George into it."

Meanwhile, the 65-year-old has claimed another award, which could see him swamped by archaeology extremists.

Harrison Ford's character Indiana Jones has been named the greatest hero of all time, in Total Film magazine's list of 50 best movie heroes and villains.

Star Wars villain Darth Vader came second in the villains list, behind Batman's arch nemesis The Joker.

The star — who dates former Ally McBeal star Calista Flockhart — has admitted he does not enjoy his celebrity status.

"Celebrity is a pain in the ass. I think the loss of anonymity is the greatest trade you make," he told Empire magazine.

"There's no way to imagine what the loss of anonymity will do to your life until you try it."

people are weird.

StarLion

29-11-2007 10:04:19

Why would you worship the NON jedi character as the head of the Jediism?

Tsingtao

29-11-2007 15:59:21

That is what I told my wife when she told me about this.

Joseem

29-11-2007 16:04:34

I know why! *raises hand*

Because you are a FRICKIN' LUNATIC!