Fleet & Armed Forces Evaluation and Restructuring Committee

Raiju

18-09-2013 19:19:32

Fleet and Armed Forces Evaluation and Restructuring Committee

1. Purpose

For some time now the HOU fleet and military pages have had the feeling of abandonment and disrepair. A casual look from both new and old members displays wiki pages with out-of-date or missing information, units with little to no lore attached to them, or a general mess in the navigation of our Order of Battle (OoB). Born from both a frustration to find accurate information and a passion to see an established and credible resource, this document has been created with the desire to see an open forum created for meaningful and passionate discussion about an informative lore and structure topic that many of our members see as the first real merit of a unit having credibility in the Dark Jedi Brotherhood.
What we hope to accomplish with our discussion has four points:
  1. Correct all known issues
    Discuss fictional elements such as NPCs, Jedi roles, and OoB
    Strategize for future purchases
    Explore opportunities to further use our military forces in our regular activities[/list:u]

2. Who is the Committee?

In the past, the main point of authority and recognition of the House Odan-Urr military possessions as been the House Summit and any individual they had deemed to represent them. However, when the House was first started a major feature of the House’s creation was the promised (and fulfillment) of providing enough starfighters for each member of House Odan-Urr to call one of their own. Purchasing of our initial fleet followed this model and as such four different types of the most popular desired fighters were purchased so each member could join a squadron. Over the years, Odan-Urr has kept this proactive approach to engaging membership interest by involving their feedback and opinions upon military possession (& other house wide) decisions and as such today, while the House Summit remains the authority behind the military it still encourages membership discussion and participation in making their decision.

To build off these premise, members were initially invited to voice this opinion on what to do with the fleet points earned from the Dark Crusades upon their start and this forum looks to reawaken that by inviting all Odan-Urr members to the table to share their opinions and join this committee.
    *Once a concrete proposal of the committee’s opinions has been completed, we will then submit this initial document (edited and updated from the open forum) to the House Summit for approval. This project does not guarantee our ideas will be used (both in full or in part).

2. Available Resources for Committee
    Current DJB Fleet Possessions: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_FEtSsHqAl9dnZTZzdrYVBsdWs/edit?usp=sharing
    Current DJB Armed Forces Possessions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvFEtSsHqAl9dFItY1N5LTNCeHlVc08zczhpQ3NMSnc&usp=sharing
    Purchase List (may be out of date after Dark Council Fleet review): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... =drive_web

3. Known Issues
    Structure:
    1. Military unit leaders name former members or old characters
      Improper vessels being using for wrong mission specs (wrong landing transports, “command ship” small yacht
      Units missing appropriate opening for current HOU members to join
      How are members being assigned unit leadership?[/list:u]

Fiction/Lore:
      1. Military possession page missing 2 transport vessels
        Transport vessels lacking individual names
        Unit lore short and briefly described
        Units lacking complex NPCs for command structure absent Jedi
        Wiki pages lacking images[/list:u]

Wiki Navigation:
        1. Transports missing off official possession list (or in wrong section)
          OoB directs to category page, not actual OoB (Kotahitanga-Unity)[/list:u]

Misc:
          1. What purpose do the military positions have for HOU members?
            What role are we building our forces towards?
            What is our unit mascot (given in GJWX)?
            What role does the Kotahitanga-Unity play if the Jedi were pushed from military control in the Bastions of Knowledge events? This was forgot during the Fall of New Tython events...
            Where does our space station sit now with Cy having control of New Tython and the New Tython government pushing Jedi from the military forces?[/list:u]

4. Proposed Changes
            Structure:
            Out of date member/character names
            Remove…For proposing replacements see Military Positions for HOU Members Section

Wrong Mission Specs
            Buy proper ones that fit mission specs (for example, for a “central command vessel” buy a frigate/cruiser/

Fiction/Lore:

Wiki Navigation:

Misc:
            Military Positions for HOU Members
            Earn-able through HOU specific events, based on an overall points system allowing active members to gain military positions while inactive members won’t remain on the OoB?

Regular OoB Competitions
            Run bi-monthly (for example) Battleplan events using the HOU OoB. Can be training exercises or fictional events. Winners of the battleplan earn points for an overall point system that allows top members into their preferred position? For example, Lyze Kiel is commander of Squadron Alpha, he has 5 points. A battleplan event runs and he doesn't participate or scores low. However, Ji enters the Battleplan event and wins gold, earning 7 points. In the post-OoB event he chooses to lead Alpha Squadron, Lyze Kiel (now in 2nd overall points) chooses his unit second and decides to go with Squadron Beta.

Future Purchases

V'yr Vorsa

18-09-2013 20:47:59

Isn't this the correct list now?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Askay_yZqfrMdElnWDNSaDJOYy1VQzBGWTJxNXBERlE&usp=drive_web

Raiju

18-09-2013 21:27:03

lol perhaps! Wasnt what Raken sent me a month ago though :/

V'yr Vorsa

18-09-2013 22:01:53

We used that doc for the Battleplan event so I assumed.

Sight

19-09-2013 00:31:47

whether or not the actual documents used for reference where used for the crusade event is irrelevant I think and an easy fix by simply replacing them with the proper ones. The known issues listed do need to be solved, the proposed fixes are proper though I think we should expand more by proposing the creation of a wiki team made up of volunteers from both journeymen and equate rank to write the fiction for the units and to fill in gaps in the wiki pages where needed with minimal guidance from the summit when needed, I propose the same type of thing for the actual writing of the fiction/lore parts.

A'lora Kituri

19-09-2013 01:54:06

I have contacted Raken regarding obtaining a current version of the Armed Forces spreadsheet, and he has replied to me with the following message:

Hey,

Good luck with the project.

The sheet you have from March is the most current one. Official updating of the sheets for all units will happen sometime after the Crusade is complete. Until then figure out what you'll be buying and selling and have fun with your project.

The 'current sheet' being the spreadsheet from March (As was posted earlier,) I have done some calculations, and the spreadsheet sets us at 652 points initially, counting Phase I, Chapters I-II. Phase II, Chapter II gave us 320 points (280 from General Forces, 40 from Special Forces,) moving our totals up to 972. 132 points came from Phase II, Chapter I, bringing our total up to 1104. Add Phase I, Chapter III for another 132, and that grants us our final total of 1236.

The way I see it, we have a few options:
•Do we want to buy a really big ship? (As mentioned, our next chance likely won't be for a long while.)
•Do we want to stock up on support craft? (Dreadnoughts, corvettes and the like.)

If we are looking at the MC80 line of Mon Cal Star Cruisers, we have a few to compare:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MC80_Home_One_type_Star_Cruiser
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MC80_Liberty_type_Star_Cruiser
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MC80a_Star_Cruiser
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MC80B_Star_Cruiser

We aren't sure on pricing yet, though if we look at specs for the hangar size, the Home One variant differs on squadron size, though Home One carried ten squadrons (120 ships,) Liberty carried three (36 ships,) the MC80A carried six squadrons (72 ships,) the MC80B originally carried four, but the model was later updated to hold eight squadrons (48-96 ships.)