Knights of Allusis: Mission Updates

Raiju

16-09-2013 13:42:06

Episode One: Rough Landings

Gallofree Medium Transport
Exiting Jaguada Orbit
37 ABY

The hour was late. It had been much longer than expected to clear orbit and launch onto their journey, yet many didn't seem to mind. Exhaustion had set in long ago, visible in the yawns of many those still awake in their seats, and the warriors were glad for the extra time to recover. Too long had they been on the path of war and even the strongest of warriors now were tucked into their seat with their heads slumped over or their eyes weighing heavy.

Even the Miraluka half-breed felt his eyes tire as he frantically worked away on a datapad. Feeling cozy, as he was snuggled up in a safety mesh for a supply crate, the Jedi Knight input the last of his assignment into the datapad and grinned as a symbol appeared on the scene to announce his changes were saved.

“Finishing the last of the communication code?” A low-tone voice called from behind the Miraluka’s make-shift hammock. 

“Aye, just did, sir.” Revak happily announced as he rolled out of the mesh and dropped to to the steel floor. “Never said I was much of a slicer but the speed of my data input could kill.”

“Just don’t let the Council know you are so dangerous.” A confident smirk crossed the lips of the Guardian Warden as he teased the Miraluka and then turned his attention to those behind Revak. “But that’s perfect timing - K.O.A. MEMBERS, briefing in FIVE MINUTES! Grab some cafe and follow me.”

“You know the drill, ladies and gentlemen so take a knee, grab a crate or stand ‘round.” Lyze’s voice seemed to immediately cease any discussion as the Corellian male stood up from a project he planted on the floor in the middle of their huddle. Standing around an assortment of cargo crates, the members of Knights of Allusis were quick to pack in tight with their attention given to the Warden as he propped himself up on a crate and stared at the holo-projecter. A beep sounded from the device as an unseen hand activated its power button.

Images quickly flashed through the holo, one moment each of the Knights of Allusis could see the beautiful and peaceful looking planet of New Tython as seen from orbit and then the holo darted in on sections of the planet and then between the points. Images of the villainous Cy were quickly skipped over, a target for another day, and then the holo focused in on the former Halls of the Watchmen - now smashed and smoking. Next, a blue figure was shown being dragged behind a landspeeder full of Cy’s mercs whom all appeared to be laughing or tainting the poor individual. Then there was another shot of the former Jedi Complex, broken and vandalized with slang words referencing the Jedi’s respect for the natives of New Tython. Finally, a column of blue humanoids were shown being lined up in a ditch before the dirt lining the tops of the ditch’s walls was suddenly being pushed in on top of the live beings.

An eerie hush continued to rob the Jedi of words even as the holo blinked off at its conclusion.

“These images are the latest to be shared with me.” Lyze Kiel finally broke the silence. “I am glad to be sharing that the Council has decided on initial efforts to be taken in our pursuit to return home and deal with these injustices. However, in the meantime we have others we also need to tend to…”

As Lyze directed his attention back to the holo, new images began to play. These were obviously taken from the camps of the refugees the Jedi had been able to save when they were forced to retreat from their homeworld. A smiling blue face of a young girl directed the holofeed to others that were studying in class beside her before the feed changed to fathers and mothers working hard at small, isolated little gardens beside their family’s tent. The last few images showed the insides of a make-shift hospital as numerous individuals were being treated for various reasons.

“Are the refugees being properly monitored on their nutrient intake and hydration, sir?” The whispering voice of the Neti Jedi, V’yr, carried her concern and cautioun in its tone.

“As best as we can.” The Corellian male answered with a sigh before he hopped off his crate and powered down the projector. “But not only are they missing critical methods for treatment, what supplies they do have are dangerously running low. Since we have been given clearance to leave Jaguada, what medicial supples we had for the war effort are being repurposed for the refugees.”

“Not like that will go far for them, given what the Iron Throne bothers to give us…” The defiant voice of Benedict easily carried over the group from his spot distant from the others. The lone wolf of the team, he still hung easily within earshot of the team.

“Right, which is why I have been instructed to lead you guys to ‘repurpose’ some of the other units’ supplies as well.”

“I don’t suppose this was the Iron Throne’s order, was it sir?” A chuckle boomed from the chest of Putra, the large man smirking like he knew there was going to be a fight.

“You let me worry about the Moo-zle, Putra.” Lyze shot back as he lifted the projector to chest level and displayed a smaller planet upon it, immediately the Striketeam leader began his instructions.

“We are to take this yacht, discreetly land it on one of the “clouse’s” supply lines - one that is little more than a rock than some moon of a prior Sith World that was recently conquered - and then avoid the Dark Jedi station upon it. While we are there you want us to pretend to be One Sith soldiers in case we are encountered as we cannot let the Dark siders know it was Odan-Urr….all while “recovering” supplies from the stockpiles of this clan or house, whichever the fraken one it is…?” The long winded question from the Jedi Knight seemed to project the Miraluka’s displeasure at the situation, though Lyze couldn’t bother to confirm this as he busily slapped buttons on the ship’s navigation.

“You did input those comm codes, correct?” 

“Yes, Lyze, I did.” 

“From the samples we had collected on Jaguada?”

“...Yes.”

“Then I believe we are prepared to enter atmosphere.”

“Were you listening to me, Lyze?!” 

“Sometimes a Jedi’s gotta do, what a Jedi’s gotta do.” Lyze hurriedly looked up at the Miraluka and shrugged. “I offered to the Council to start peddling my stash from New Tython but they had misgivings about buying medicine with spice trade money so we went with plan B.”

“I would hate to see what plan C was…” Revak responded as he quickly got back to work from his co-pilot chair of the yacht, rescued by the buzz of the main console being hailed.

“Selling sexual favours. I know a Gamorrean that would pay a thousand creds for a night with Revak's body.” Putra's low voice calmly stated from behind the pilot chairs, sticking his head in from the entrance to the cockpit. "Lyze, we are all ready back here."

"Right, thanks Putra. Better grab a seat." Lyze quickly responded from his chair as he spun away from yoke and keyed a five minute warning alarm to alert the rest of the Allusis members stationed in the yacht. When the Corellian spun back to the main panel, a frozen Revak grabbed Lyze’s attention.

“He was just kidding, Rev.” Lyze started to say to Revak, but the panel buzzed a second time. “Rev...open the comm to them.”

“...I can’t.” Revak started to say before he frantically dug in his pockets for his datapad, a third buzz sounding in a high pitched tone from the main console alerted Lyze that someone was now trying them on an open frequency.

“...Input skills to kill, indeed.” Lyze stated with a glare as he realized their cover was already blown. Keying an open comm to their fellow members in the back of the yacht, Lyze immediately plunged forward on the ship's yoke and felt the ship's momentum on his body as it drove for the surface. "Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. I would like to thank you for patiently waiting for our descent to planet-side, thanks to a crew error we will no longer be experiencing a causal descent to planet-side. I advise you to remain seated and keep your trays in their upright position."

"Are you CRAZY?!!?" The familiar voice of Benedict could be heard shouting from the back through the open cabin door. However, his and the many protests that followed were immediately drowned by a siren from the weapons systems.

"Missile-lock." Revak clarified as he peered at the screen. "They scrambled a full squadron after us. Counter-measures are ready. I think I saw a spot you can lose them at the surface."

"Oh?! And how confident are you that's right?!" Lyze snapped through clutched teeth, their options were few and far between. "Where am I aiming?"

"16 degrees port." Revak's instructions immediately were cut short as the weapons system screamed again as a launch was detected. "Launching counter-measures!"

The action seemed futile as a second alarm sounded. Another launch. Panic set in, forcing Lyze's knuckles to a pale white as he squeezed the yoke during his evasive maneuver, but the attempt was futile now. A fist from the Guardian Warden smashed into the comm.

"Brace for impact and prepare for crash landing!"