Master/Student Run-on (Kaira/Sight)

Sight

24-03-2013 19:08:04

The single bare bulb on the ceiling lit the room with a soft light. The bare steel walls left the room with a Spartan type of feeling. The only furniture in the room was a single bed and several various sword and weapons racks. The single sheet was tucked in and the pillow was fluffed and set in the exact middle of the bed. On the steel plated floor Sight sat his legs crossed in deep meditation, his eyes were wide open and staring at a sheathed sword in front of him. The sword was only a focal point in the meditation, a little self-hypnosis trick that Sight had picked up during his wanderings around the galaxy. He felt the force flow around him, through him and everything else. It was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Sight allowed the feeling of awe to consume him and calm his nerves.

A loud beep issued from a small data pad sitting next to Sight. Slowly letting out his breath he began the return to a normal state of mind. Uncrossing his legs he picked up the data pad and accessed the message it had received.

Sight Nortorshin please come to the main meeting area as soon as possible.
-Kaira Rohana

Sight tilted his head to one side, he didn’t quite understand why the Jedi Kaira was summoning him but he had to answer the Jedi’s command. Securing the sheathed sword on his belt Sight opened the door and entered the busy hallway. As he wound his way through the maze of hallways he scrolled through an article on his data pad. When he was not out on a mission for the house Sight would be found doing one of six things reading which is what he did the most, sparing with the other house members, meditating, weapons cleaning and upkeep, eating, or sleeping.
The large scar on the left side of his face was still new and many of the house members had not grown used to it yet. A few of them cringed slightly as he passed by them in the hallway. Having made his way to the main common areas of the house he took a look around. The main meeting room adjourned Drodik’s offices and Sight made it to the door quickly.

The quiet whisk of the automated door closing behind him was slightly unsettling to Sight. His curiosity peaked as the lock was heard setting. His eyes panned around the room to see Drodik and Kaira standing together at the end of a long board meeting style table. They beckoned to Sight and he approached.

“Sight it has been deemed that Kaira Rohana shall become your Master and train you through the rest of your time as a Padawan” Drodik nodded as his words set into Sight’s mind.

Kaira Rohana

03-04-2013 16:18:47

With a sly little smile Kaira nodded at Drodik. Then she turned to her new Padawan. Life was about to change for him as well as her for they would pair together for new adventures. This was the start of a new Journey in life. “Sight, you are to follow me now. Come there is much to do and much to see….”

Those were the last words spoken that day as they left the meeting room for a smaller mediation room. The moment they entered Kaira sat down on the floor without a word and started to meditate on the future and what to teach her new Padawan, she gave no instruction only sat there and waited for Sight to follow her lead.
……..

Three Days later at Kaira’s home…..

“Sight I have to do some errands, I need you to watch Kristal. This is the first of many tasks I will ask of you today. Watch the 5 year old make sure she stays out of trouble and that she is in the same condition when I return. This is my daughter If any harm comes to her you will not like what will come next today.”

Her eyes lit up a bit as she had already talked to Kristal earlier in the day. The girl was about to run Sight though a gambit of trouble that only a five year old Padawan could do. Yes Kristal had Jedi powers and knew how to get into trouble with them just not always how to get out. It would be very interesting to see how Sight dealt with each instance as they came about.

Sight

05-04-2013 08:55:02

Sight bowed slightly to Kaira. “You honor me by having me watch over that which is most precious to you.” He said aloud though inside he felt a tiny bit of pride bucking up to be assigned to watch over a child. He made a mental note to meditate later on removing this prideful part of himself. Bowing back Kaira left leaving Sight alone with Kristal. The child was looking over Sight thoroughly a look of contemplation on her young face.

“Hello Kristal, my name is Sight. It is a pleasure to meet you.” He said putting on a kind smile which in turn distorted the scar on the left side of his face.

“Are you a human? You look like you could be a human.” Kristal stated as her eyes stared at the pure white hair and skin matched with the red eyes of the older male.

“Yes I am a human.” He replied to the youngling’s question. He was beginning to get the feeling that this was going to be a long three hours.

“Then why are your eyes and skin like that?” Kristal probed further.

“I am an albino; I was born without any pigment in my skin, hair, and eyes. That’s why I look the way I do.” It wasn’t the first time a child had asked this of Sight and it would not be the last. Sight had long since grown accustom to worse reactions to how he looked though.

“What happened to your face?” Kristal continued her interrogation of Sight with a devilish smile as she pointed to the large scar on Sight’s left cheek.

“I received this scar not long ago; it is to me proof that I lived through something I should not have.” He replied in a happy tone.

“Oh let’s play hide and seek. Now you have to count to fifty before you come find me.” The child said a bit too mischievously before darting off into the house. Leaving Sight alone in the room blinking in astonishment at how fast the child had moved. A sense of dread started to creep over him as he realized fully what had happened. A five year old Jedi Padawan who was the daughter of his master had just run and hid from him in a house he had never been in before. Taking a calming breath Sight began to count having no idea what was in store for him when he began the search.

Kaira Rohana

12-04-2013 15:57:42

Kristal loved to play hide and seek with new people. It made them learn never to let her out of their sight again. There was a small area of the house that only she and her mother knew about. It was what her mother liked to call a Safe room. She would go there every time she wanted to hide. There was only one way in and you had to have force powers to get in. It was the way her mother had set it up.

Quickly the little girl rushed to the back of the house as she heard Sight count. As she reached her mother’s study she looked at the wall that had pictures and a couple of shelves of old books. Kristal closed her eyes as she forced her mind on what was there a door that would only show up if she used the force to make it seen. It was a trick that few would understand without knowing that it was there.

When she opened her eyes the door was there but now she had to use the force to open the door. She put her hand on the door and reached into the force to push the door open. As it creaked open Kristal smiled and in she went closing the door behind her.

In this room she could play for hours, there were toys and lots of snacks. It was for emergencies but she always liked to hide here to scare her babysitters. She knew that it would take him a while to find her. Now to see if her mother had told Sight about the room but she didn’t think he knew, the wait was on.

Sight had counted all the way to 50 then started to look around the house. He had no idea where the child had gone and he didn’t like it. Kaira would not like it if he had to call her and tell her that he had lost her daughter in the first 15 minutes of watching her.

The front door opened just then and he wondered if Kaira had come back having forgotten something. “Hello Kaira is that you?” He said from Kristal’s room.

The door closed as a droid walked into the living room. “No Sir, I am Tonkon. The Jedi Rohana and her daughters own me I cook and clean for them. Kristal is my young charge.”

Sight sighed it was a Nanny droid or house hold helper droid. He had just entered the living room. “I see, Kaira did not tell me about you.”

“Why would Jedi tell you about Tonkon? Where is Kristal? It is time for her reading lesson.”

The young Jedi frowned. “That is a good question Tonkon. She wanted to play hide and seek. It would seem she is better at this then I am.”

The droid merely walked away to the wall where a communications consul was he interfaced with it as he called though the house. “Kristal Rohana report to living room for reading lesson.”

About five minutes later the young girl showed up and glared at the droid. “NO Lessons today Tonkon mom said so. I get to play with her new Padawan Sight. Let’s go to the gardens at the abbey Sight…. I want to be outside.”

Sight

28-04-2013 03:05:48

Glancing from the girl to the droid Sight half bowed letting one arm cross his stomach the other one point towards the door. In truth it was more to conceal the sigh that quietly passed his lips. This was not his idea of time well spent. But it was a task that his Master had put before him so he would fulfill it faithfully. “After you Kristal.” His voice was even and controlled not letting a hint of his inner feelings show through. Sticking her tongue out at the droid Kristal skipped out of the front door with Sight following close behind.

They walked for a while in silence towards the abbey. It was a pleasant day out the sun hidden behind a thin veil of clouds that made the ambient temperature near the perfect for a pleasant stroll. They were nearing the abbey when Kristal looked up at Sight. “Hey you took a wrong turn there Sight. To get to the gates we have to go down that street!” The child said in a voice a bit louder than necessary.

Sight shook his head “No we are not going it through the main gates today. We are using the entrance to the private garden.” He smiled down at the child as they keep walking. The corner of an alley that gave access to doors that acted as back entrances to the abbey were fast approaching as they walked. Sight pointed to it as they were about to pass the mouth of the small alley. “This way.”

At the end of the alley on the right hand side the wall was a few meters shorter than the ones around it. Pointing it out to Kristal he smiled. “This is the only place where one can enter this garden. You have to be ether a Jedi or carrying a 15 meter tall ladder.” He said with a slight chuckle.

“I can’t jump that high Sight, even when I use the force.” Kristal said quickly as she looked up at where Sight had pointed. Chuckling again Sight scooped up Kristal in his arms. The young girl could feel the force flowing through him, pooling there. But not just into him but out again and around him. She felt the force at first all around him then move into his legs as they bent slightly. Her eyes grew wide as they shot quickly upwards into the sky. She saw the wall moving closer then there was the top of it. It wasn’t just an outer wall but a roof as well except where it was shorter, where they were soaring over. Then the world went upside down as they flipped a good 5 meters over the top of the wall. She saw the ground then the sky, Sight’s body shifted slightly his legs moving in front of them the wall now behind them. Gasping at the beauty of nature that lay before her now, hidden from all unless they were above it and looking down.

The view gently came to a stop as Sight landed softly on his feet. His knees bent the left one touching the ground. Putting Kristal back on her feet he took a deep breath, the sweet smell of blooming flowers and growing grass filled his nostrils. A smile came to his lips as his eyes took in the garden. Trees and flowers grew everywhere and there were 2 small brooks that seemed to have come out of the ground and return to it only for the purpose of being here. The garden was laid out in what seemed like a deliberate pattern meant to emulate the chaos of the world. It was order and chaos both together in harmony on a backdrop of green grass. The whole of the garden was 15 meters by 15 meters, there were no doorways or windows in the brown rock walls. It truly was a hidden secret; one Sight had found when he was looking over the blueprints to the Abbey. It had looked like a room like the ones around it but the shorter wall and no ways in had made him curious. He had taken up the habit of coming here whenever he could and it had become his sanctuary.

“Welcome to my retreat. I come here often, to meditate or train with the force. It is peaceful and chaotic equally like the path I have chosen to take.” His voice seemed calmer, less stressed than it had been before. Kristal turned to look at him this striking her as odd. It was true his entire posture had shifted. He truly looked more relaxed than before.

“It is beautiful but what is chao…cha….chaotic?” Kristal asked it was a word that she had not heard before. Sight smiled and nodded his hand sweeping out in front of him in a gesture that pointed to the garden as a whole.

“You see how it appears to have no order to where the plants grow? That is one way to describe chaos. But a better explanation of the word is Chaos is the exact opposite of order and peace.” He said his voice growing introspective as he looked at the variety of plants and trees before them. They sat there talking about the garden and the force for a while. Kristal showed Sight a few of the force abilities that her mother had taught her, and Sight observed quietly before pointing out a few refinements that would allow her to use the ability better. They lost track of time but were snapped back to it when Sights communicator blipped and Kaira’s voice issued from it.

“Sight, you have all of three seconds to tell me where you and my daughter are. She had better be safe!” Her voice did not sound happy.

Picking up his communicator Sight depressed the button to talk as he drew out his data pad and began to pull up the path from Kaira’s house to the garden with detailed instructions on how to get in. “We went to the abbey for some fresh air. I am sending you instructions on how to get where we are.” His voice was still even and calm as he spoke to his Master. He connected a wire from his data pad to his communicator Kaira was quiet till the file had been received on her end.

“Stay there I am on my way.” She still didn’t sound happy but her tone was calmer than before.