NEW?! START HERE!!!

Destavol

06-03-2012 08:50:20

Hello,

Welcome to HOU! Regardless if you are a new member to our house, or a new member in the DJB looking for a house to join, we greet you with open arms and the best of wishes. HOU, or House Odan Urr, is the DJB's light side House. We are not all Jedi, in fact Jedi are actually the minority in our House. We accept Jedi, Redeemed Dark Jedi, and even Gray Jedi. So even if you are a die hard Sith, we would happily redeem you and welcome you into our home as a fellow brother and sister. Below you will see that I have provided some NEED TO KNOW information about HOU, and if you are a new member looking to join I would suggest following the steps and reading this info I have provided.

STEP ONE - COMMUNICATION

While it is among our top priorities to be available to our new and current membership at all parts of the day, we all know this just simply is not always possible. Fortunantly we can cut down the delay time in which we communicate by using modern technology, for example the forums you are reading this message from are frequently used to transmit data and information back and forwards between our clubs membership. Once you've read this message I want YOU to take your first step in becoming a future Jedi here in HOU. Simply back out of this message to the House Odan Urr thread and post a Nu-B-Post (newbie post) for us so that we know you are here, and one of our members or summit leaders can get in touch with you. As I said, back out of this message and you will be on the HOU forums, MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO POST ON GJW X THREAD AS IT WILL LOCK YOU OUT! Click on POST NEW TOPIC and it will open a window just like the one I am typing it now! Type up a quick message about yourself and why you decided to join the DJB, what you look forward to in the DJB, and why you would like to become a Jedi in a brotherhood of darkness! Once you've posted this topic you may want to check back every 2-4 hours at your discretion to see if anyone has replied. Please give us up to 24 hours before you post again!

STEP TWO - IRC

IRC, or Internet Relay Chat, has been one of the most successful and fastest ways to communicate with one another here in the DJB. IRC is a fast and easy Download/Installation which uses VERY LITTLE storage on your HDD. While the DJB in NO WAY ENDORSES mIRC, we do admit that it is among the best in IRC clients. So until you are comfortable with finding another IRC client, please go to http://www.mirc.com/ and download a version of mIRC that best suites you. Once you have downloaded and installed this program it will open up with a small window wanting some very basic information, WE suggest using your DJB name and EMAIL address in this window, but should you wish to disclose personal information that is your choice. Once you have filled out this window it will bring you to a larger window known as a CPW (Command Prompt Window). You will want to connect to the undernet. To do this simply type EXACTLY as follows. /server irc.undernet.org mIRC will go through its ENTIRE list of undernet servers until it finds one that is most compatable with you. Once you have successfully connected a final small window will open that has a list of channels provided for you to join, I want you to close this window out as you have no need for it at the moment. Once you've closed it, you will want to click on the TDB or (Text Dialog Bar) (same place you typed the /server command) and you will need to type the following. /join #db This will bring you to the DJB's PRIMARY channel. Once you are in the #db channel, you will type the command again (NO NEED TO CHANGE WINDOWS) but this time type /join #odan-urr and this will bring you into our House's channel. Once that is completed you're finished! Welcome to IRC and have fun chatting with some of the most active and affluent members of our club!

STEP THREE - KNOWING YOUR HOUSE

If you've made it this far your dedication is admirable, and you are on your way to becoming one of the few last remaining defenders of Peace and Justice in the galaxy! No doubt someone will be with you soon to assist you in joining our house, but while you are awaiting assistance there is no need to be idle right? Our House already has a lot of information compiled about us, our planet, our base and so on. YOU as a future member will NEED TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION!! No need to burn yourself out and try to learn it all in one day, as I promise you WILL be needing to read over it again in the long run, since we are updating it almost weekly. Below are the links to our articles on the DJB wiki, enjoy and happy studying to you Jedi Learner..

http://wiki.darkjedibrotherhood.com/view/Odan-Urr_Prospectus
http://wiki.darkjedibrotherhood.com/view/New_Tython
http://wiki.darkjedibrotherhood.com/view/Menat_Ombo

Of course there is far much more than just this young learner, but for now it is a start. If you follow these easy steps my friend someone will soon be guiding you to your new home in HOU. Should you feel this is taking to long though, feel free to contact me directly at destavol@ymail.com and I will have someone assist you ASAP! Thank you and again welcome to the DJB and HOU! :-)

A'lora Kituri

09-03-2012 00:36:40

This is great, Destavol!
Would you mind if I included a link to this on my welcome email to new members?