Hou Ro #1 Discussion

Ji

07-01-2011 23:33:52

Use this thread to discuss the RO, including recent posts and potential plot lines.

READ THESE ARTICLES
http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...-Urr_Prospectus
http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...itle=New_Tython
http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...itle=Menat_Ombo
http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...n_Space_Militia
http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...itle=Tythonians

Rules:

1) **IMPORTANT** If there are player on player battles in this RO, do NOT kill characters you do not have permission to kill.

2) You might be a Jedi. You might even have your lightsaber. But you are not a god (or goddess). Even Elders are not gods, but they can certainly do a whole lot more than any Equite or Journeyman. In short, godmoding is strictly prohibited and can result in your post being deleted or even death (see rule#3).

3) You are mortal. Death is a viable option for your character. Yeah, you’ve got the Force, but that didn’t really help Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Obi-wan, Palpatine, Order 66 casualties, or any other Force user who met an early end, now did it? You put yourself in a hole and you might just end up staying there.

4) Stick to the setting and scenes as much as possible.

5) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Yes, the Golden Rule applies here as well. Respect other characters and don’t write them doing something stupid or terribly out of character. Consult the wiki, their character history, or better yet, the member themselves.

6) What happens in this run-on is permanent for your character. Whether you lose an arm, adopt a herd of banthas, or anything in between, you’re stuck with it and must deal with it.

7) The unit is the character in this story and you are a part of the unit. Aim for continuity in the story; get advice from others on where to take your post.

8) Finally, posts that excessively detract from the storyline or contain large amounts of godmoding will be marked for deletion and ignored. It is not our goal or desire to keep anyone off the playground, but we will if we must.

First post coming tomorrow evening.

Anochiir

09-01-2011 01:10:52

A good question has been brought up. How are we to handle posting?

Sorry, had to ask.

Ji

09-01-2011 05:51:47

Reserve your post first. Just type ***Reserved*** and you have a reasonable amount of time to post. If it gets to be half a day or more, I'll delete your reservation to give someone else a chance. Good question.

Anyway, the first post is up. It was a conglomerative effort between Mit and myself. I tried to mention everyone in the post but Jeth's Legacy kind of got lumped into one group and I forgot Sirrus (<3 Sirrus).

Draetan: Consider yourself with Jeth's Legacy for the time being :)

Murtallica: Consider yourself with me. xD

Have at it guys and girls!

Anyway, onto discussion. There are a couple of routes I think we can take and still have a fun, action-packed story. We can try defusing the situation and have it fail. We can successfully talk down the Harakoans, only to have some amped up colonists attack, or shoot some natives. Really it's up to you guys. However you develop the story is how we'll run with it.

Those of you who were left behind at the Abbey, feel free to stretch your legs in the city or other parts of the continent. Hell, hop in your fighters and take them for a spin somewhere important :). Don't feel obligated to stay.

Sanguinius

10-01-2011 09:23:21

Or we can have some errant Jedi sabotage the talks.....I volunteer my services for that little plotline. Especially as I was heavily immersed in the Shadows of the Dark Side. Could be that I'm not fully redeemed just yet. :P

Ji

12-01-2011 16:09:43

That sounds like a great idea Sang!

Severon V

19-01-2011 19:31:28

I'm just going to post, and keep my mouth shut for a while :P

Sev

Ji

19-01-2011 20:16:49

Looks like it's been edited.

Nice work guys! I'm really really impressed by what you all have done so far.

Expect a post from me Friday afternoon :)

PS: Don't be afraid to take some MAJOR steps with the plot. It's expected and encouraged.

Sanguinius

20-01-2011 11:44:00

I shall begin my plots to sabotage the talks, just to let you all know. I'm playing Sang as an infiltrator into HOU. You'll get more on this as the RO goes on. :P

Ji

20-01-2011 20:56:44

Haha, as long as you're eventually redeemed :P

Sanguinius

21-01-2011 09:10:35

We'll see how it goes. ;)

Quejo

27-01-2011 03:40:41

If you're not redeemed I'm gonna have to cut you to bits... Just saying :P

Sanguinius

31-01-2011 08:50:05

Ji, am I still involved in the RO like we agreed? Because you didn't include me in your post matey. :P

Ji

02-02-2011 18:08:31

Yeah Sang, I'll email you about it.

Quejo: I deleted your "Reserved" post. Figured you must've gotten distracted, maybe by weather hehe :) My nets were down. Feel free to post anyway once you're finished.

Ji

16-02-2011 17:46:44

Well part 2 was tongue in cheek to some degree. Jedi points to anyone who can catch the hidden references :P (no, not Star Trek, I hate that [Expletive Deleted]ing show lol :D)