07-01-2011 23:31:00

READ THESE ARTICLES
http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...-Urr_Prospectus
http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...itle=New_Tython
http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...itle=Menat_Ombo
http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...n_Space_Militia
http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/wiki/in...itle=Tythonians

Rules:

1) **IMPORTANT** If there are player on player battles in this RO, do NOT kill characters you do not have permission to kill.

2) You might be a Jedi. You might even have your lightsaber. But you are not a god (or goddess). Even Elders are not gods, but they can certainly do a whole lot more than any Equite or Journeyman. In short, godmoding is strictly prohibited and can result in your post being deleted or even death (see rule#3).

3) You are mortal. Death is a viable option for your character. Yeah, you’ve got the Force, but that didn’t really help Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Obi-wan, Palpatine, Order 66 casualties, or any other Force user who met an early end, now did it? You put yourself in a hole and you might just end up staying there.

4) Stick to the setting and scenes as much as possible.

5) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Yes, the Golden Rule applies here as well. Respect other characters and don’t write them doing something stupid or terribly out of character. Consult the wiki, their character history, or better yet, the member themselves.

6) What happens in this run-on is permanent for your character. Whether you lose an arm, adopt a herd of banthas, or anything in between, you’re stuck with it and must deal with it.

7) The unit is the character in this story and you are a part of the unit. Aim for continuity in the story; get advice from others on where to take your post.

8) Finally, posts that excessively detract from the storyline or contain large amounts of godmoding will be marked for deletion and ignored. It is not our goal or desire to keep anyone off the playground, but we will if we must.

First post coming tomorrow evening.

Ji

07-01-2011 23:32:48

A gentle breeze rippled across the desert of Honunom, tickling the tops of sand dunes and kicking up evanescent twirls of dust, which glittered in the fading, orange glow of the setting sun. Wrapped in a rippling garment of thin-spun linen, War Chief Whenua gazed out from a lookout post across his domain, which stretched further out than he could see with the naked eye. The landscape was littered with intermittent dots, all slowly migrating through the waste toward his encampment. The War Chief permitted himself an arrogant smirk. More had responded to his call to council than he would have thought possible.

Behind him war drums sounded in the distance, deep, menacing booms accompanied by the harsh warble of the finest horns the Otago people possessed. "My people have been pressed to the very brink of death by these so-called... Tythonians...," muttered Whenua in the fluted, nasally sing-song language of the Harakoans to his stocky companion. "They have taken control of nearly all the wells of the Otago people, and I understand the situation is equally grave in the north."

"It is," answered Nunga, an old warrior-ambassador from a tribe situated in the far north of the Honunom. Whenua merely shrugged and returned to gazing across the desert when Nunga did not offer any elaboration. No matter, thought the chief. We have all been wronged in some form... and the reckoning is close at hand...

~~~~~~

Eyes closed... check. Feet folded... check. Not falling asleep again... check. Ji slowly clicked through his pre-meditation mental checklist. The Abbey was certainly the best place in Menat Ombo to rest and reflect, out of the hustle and bustle of the market and makeshift spaceport. However, since his meeting with the Grandmaster of the Dark Ones his meditations have been anything but peaceful. "Ah well," whispered the Gand out loud--practicing one's Basic was never a waste of speech--"perhaps if I just let myself drift into..."

The old Jedi's slow fall into sleep was suddenly and brutally cut off as the door on the far side of the small courtyard exploded inward, propelled by some horrid, six-legged creature. "High Councillor!" shouted a familiar voice from atop the steed, which was now trampling toward the small Gand.

With a sigh and a groan Ji stood slowly, raising a hand to calm the beast through the Force. "Apprentice Murtallica... although I know you Corellians fancy swoop chases and gun battles, perhaps riding your mount full speed through my Abbey is not the best way to get your kicks, or my attention."

"Apologies, master!" gasped the young Corellian, still trying to catch his breath. "But I've received word from loyalist tribes in the Honunom. A council has been called. A war council."

~~~~~~

(following written by Mit)

Ooroo Abbey, Menat Ombo

The Cathar stood at the balcony over looking the city of Menat Ombo. From behind her, she heard the soft shuffling steps of Ji. Without turning, she sighed inwardly. She continued to lean against the rail looking over the city.

“Councillor Nol? I need to you look into something for me, if you don’t mind,” spoke the Quaestor softly.

She nodded, “What is it, High Councilor?”

Ji moved to stand beside her. “Murtallica just stomped my gardens to report there could be trouble brewing in the Honunom Desert. You will take Severon and Korroth and seek out the Harakoan war council. Do what you can to de-escalate the situation. I will dispatch Ryujin, along with his reformed Knights, to protect the local farmers.”

She nodded once again. “That shouldn’t be too difficult, High Councilor.”

The Quaestor looked at her with something akin to exasperation. “Call me Ji, Akhera. I was never on the actual council.”

She turned to him and bowed. “As you wish, High Councillor. When would you like me to depart?”

Ji sighed. “As soon as you have assembled your team.”

Akhera saluted the Gand and moved inside, her fingers already issuing an all call to the Courtyard.

~~~~~~

Honunom Desert

Ascero looked around him at the settlers who accompanied him across the desert. It really was a rag tag group of people who wanted to present grievances to the Jedi at Menat Ombo. Without a word, he turned in his seat back towards their destination, and spoke over the rudimentary intercoms connecting the vehicles. “Alright, we’ve got another few days before we reach the city.
Keep it tight. Those blue-skinned bastards are savage and like to make free with our women. They'd sack our villages sooner than share the damn land.” A murmur of consent and agreement ruffled the ranks of Tythonians.

~~~~~~

Ooroo Abbey Courtyard, Menat Ombo

Akhera stood at the base of the fountain before the rows of stone benches. As the rest of the Disciples entered, she began to prepare herself for what she needed to do. She hid it well, but her
nervousness was almost debilitating.

“What’s going on, Councillor Nol?” asked Draetan, a relatively new arrival. His robe hung open slightly, revealing a hideous scar across his bare chest.

She looked at him for a moment before looking at the rest, “High Councillor Ji has been alerted that there may be some political trouble within the Honunom Desert. He has tasked me with the duty of making sure that nothing horrible happens on our watch.”

She began to pace to hide her jitters, “He has asked me to take Severon and Korroth and make for the Harakoan war camp at once."

The two Jedi stood, but with quizzical looks on their faces. "Don't ask me," replied the newly appointed Aedile without having to be asked. "Maybe you two have the most non-threatening faces." This brought a chuckle to the group of still seated Jedi--though the two standing looked no more relieved than before.

"Ryujin."

The tall Nautolan stood and thumped his chest.

"Attend to your people," spoke Akhera nervously. "You will take Jeth's Legacy into the Honunom and ensure the safety of the farmers there until the situation has been defused."

"At your service, Aedile," answered Ryujin before departing along with the rest of his team. Akhera thought she had detected a trace of scorn in the Nautolan's reply. Perhaps at her being so fresh to the job? Maybe at her nervousness? I'm probably just being paranoid she thought to herself as she turned back to face the group of remaining Jedi, mostly the strongest of the Order.

"I... I wasn't really told..," stammered the Cathar.

"That will be all Akhera. Thank you," spoke Ji as he entered the room behind her. "You three may depart," said the Quaestor as he nodded to each member in turn.

Once the room had been emptied of all but the oldest and and most powerful Jedi, Ji regarded his compatriots.

"There will be a war," exclaimed Solari without preamble. "We have been meditating on the subject for 3.4 standard days. Neither side is willing to acquiesce or compromise. Only bloodshed will settle the issue."

Quejo, Elleron and Malik nearly all spoke out at once and spent several seconds encouraging the others to speak first. Finally Quejo turned to Ji. <> exclaimed the Ithorian, his sets of vocal chords flexing and relaxing, filling the air with deep vibrations. <>

"To where do you propose?" inquired Tyno, one of the few Jedi in the Order who had not brushed the Dark Side. "Wherever we put them they will be on someone else's land. This entire planet is already owned."

"Then we must reach some other solution," offered Jafits, one of the newer converts to the Order who, for reasons Ji could not fathom, often insisted on being called JScumm. "They must compromise."

Elleron stood and spoke next. "They will not compromise. Both groups need the majority of Honunom's water to survive."

Ji raised his hand up, bringing quiet to the group. "If they will not willingly compromise, they must be made to do so. A war in the desert now would be catastrophic and would quickly spread to the rest of the continents. We must halt it here!."

Anochiir

09-01-2011 19:37:07

Honunom Desert Border

In her usual garb, Akhera left her Actis and motioned for the other two to do the same. She led the two Jedi with her to the border of the desert. She pushed back the hood of her cloak and revealed the feline features of the Aedile to the desert sun.

The Cathar put her head in her hands for a moment, That….was horrible. I need to learn to control my nerves.

Looking to Severon and Korroth, she surveyed the faces of the two Jedi. Swallowing hard, she spoke to them, “So, either of you fluent in Harakose? Most of my tribe can speak at least broken Basic.”

She looked away from them, looking out into the expanse of sand, “This is going to be hell on my fur…”

She scanned the horizon, “How exactly are we to find the Harakoans in all this?”

She looked over her shoulder at her two companions, “Any suggestions?”

Ooroo Abbey

Krandon sat behind his desk fidgeting with paperwork. He truly detested the stuff, but he knew it had to get done. He looked out the window of his office and saw three people heading toward the desert.

“Well, that might be interesting…”

He looked down at the paperwork on his desk, “I’m sure this can wait for a little while so I can find out what’s going on,” he mused aloud.

After gathering a few of his things, Krandon threw them into his pack and exited through the window. When on the ground he looked up, almost ashamed, “Old habits die hard sometimes…”

Honunom Desert

Akhera stopped speaking and looked in the direction of Menat Ombo. Her eyes narrowing slightly, “Apparently we were followed.”

Severon and Korroth turned in tandem to look towards the city. After a time, an Aetherspite appeared on the horizon. Shaking her head, she looked at Severon, “Do you recognize her markings?”

Severon nodded, “Those are the markings for Call of Freedom. That particular one seems to be Freedom One. Ah….Rollmaster Rowella, I believe.”

With a sigh, she set her feet and awaited the ship to touch down. Once it did, she looked at Krandon with a look of undisclosed irritation, “What are you doing here, Krandon?”

As he jumped down from his ship, Krandon walked over to the other Jedi, “Well, I figured you might need a hand. If not, I’m sure I can go find Ryujin….”

Shaking her head, Akhera swore under her breath, “You’re already here. Besides, I’ve heard you’re pretty handy in a fight and if it comes to that, I want people who aren’t afraid to use their weapons.”

She turned away from the three and looked back toward the desert, “Well, we might as well start looking for the War Council…”

Krandon

09-01-2011 21:59:57

Honunom Desert

“Pretty handy in a Fight? Remember Akhera, fighting is only the last resort in this situation. We want to avoid war at all costs.”

Krandon didn’t always like the way his Aedile acted sometimes, however, she was his Aedile and krandon had to give the Cathar his complete respect.

“Krandon, this is my mission remember? You’re the one that decided to come along”, the Aedile retorted.

“OK…master”, Krandon said under his breath.

The Rollmaster and Aedile almost completely forgot that there were four of them here and not just the two of them. They both looked to the Aedile’s immediate left and saw Severon and Korroth blankly staring at them. Akhera straightened her posture.

“I don’t mean to interrupt and I’m sure what you two are talking about is very, very important, however, we do have a mission to attend to here”, Severon said, folding his hands in front of him.

Korroth walked over to the pair, “I agree with Severon. We need to see if there can be peace here.”

“Let’s continue with what we are here to do”, The Archpriest said in a stern voice. “Krandon, take the rear and watch our backs. If anything looks suspicious, saber first, questions later. Got it?”

“Yes, master”, Krandon said, with no intention of following those orders.

I’m a Jedi now. We have a code and I have to follow it. There is no Death, there is the Force.

They continued to walk into, what looked like, the never ending desert, Krandon at the rear of the group.

Sanguinius

12-01-2011 08:45:02

Sanguinius hummed quietly as he fiddled with his saber hilt, the Guardian was restless. Even though he had been partially educated now in the ways of the Light side of the Force, the Templar couldn't always control his emotions. Which was probably a bad thing in the grand scheme of things for the Anaxsi. Sang had already been summoned to attend a meeting for Jeth's Legacy. Something to do with the on-going conflict between the damned natives and the damned farmers. No wait, he thought, I can't think like that anymore, I have to be calm and logical. It's a load of crap but I don't want to be sent back to Arcona.

The Templar had seemingly left Arcona in bad blood between himself and his brothers, the Entar family had always been heavily embroiled in the Dark Side, and Sanguinius had broken that bond between them all, brothers in name, not in blood. He had fled Selen, stolen a shuttle after encountering one of the most terrifying of his brethren; Timeros, and made his way to Coruscant. There he had attempted to contact the New Jedi Order, but common sense had made itself known. If those blasted Skywalker clones knew about the Brotherhood, people he cared about would suffer. Even if the Anaxsi was determined to save himself from the Dark Side, emotions still reigned his decisions.

A slamming door brought the Odanite out of his reverie, looking up from his lap, Sanguinius saw Ruyjin standing before him, with several others of the battleteam sitting around the room.

"Brothers and sisters, we are gathered here today to discuss something of grave importance. The Tetrach paused to stare at them all, his eyes seeking to make contact with theirs. "The natives are gathering for war, the settlers will retaliate. The High Councillor has tasked us with protecting the farmers until the situation has been resolved."

A small cough from the Prelate Habib Ali interupted the Nautolan. "So we're to protect the agressors? If these damned farmers respected the laws we wouldn't be in this mess."

A frown appeared on the Sentinel's face as he answered the Guardian. "We do not judge Habib, we protect. And so we shall. We do not engage anyone unless the farmers are in trouble and even then we do not engage to kill. Do you understand?" The Nautolan stared unforgivingly at Sanguinius.

The Anaxsi swallowed nervously, perhaps the Tetrach could sense that the Templar did not have his emotions fully under control. Maybe he should attempt to allay those concerns. "I understand Tetrach, do not attempt to kill."

The Archpriest continued to study the Entar's face, trying to seek an answer through the Anaxsi's body language. "Very well, you have your orders. Head to your fighters and we will split into pairs to maximise the range of our protection."

The assembled members stood from their chairs as Ryujin intoned the mantra of the Jedi Order. "May the Force be with you."

The Tyros repeated the mantra before filing out towards the hanger bays, discussing who would pair off with who.

Severon V

12-01-2011 17:31:02

Honunom Desert

Severon walked solemnly behind Akhera, his noble features creased with thought. Akhera continued to stride ahead, while Korroth and Krandon continued in their own way, looking across the desert as they walked. Krandon, being the youngest and least experienced, was the more nervous of the group. However, none of the members were completely calm, with the event of a possible war fresh on their minds.

Korroth seemed the least disturbed, the Pau'an just simply remained outwardly calm. His eyes didn't betray any of the thoughts he had, and when Severon would occasionally look at him he'd brighten in appearance. He walked with a gentle stride, while the others were more hunched, Severon most of all.

Krandon continued to glance at the elderly human Jedi, and every time he noticed the sunkenness of his eyes. Though they were supposed to work together, Krandon couldn't feel much more than pity for the man in front of him. During his last few moments with Tarentum, Severon had aged considerably, his eyes sunk, his hair greyed, and his faced more lined. Still, he gave off a sense of power that even Akhera respected.

Finally, the waiting got to Krandon, and he burst out, "Where are these people!?!"

The entire party stopped, and Akhera turned slowly around. Severon watched with hidden humor as the master tore a strip off the apprentice, and the group trudged on. Krandon sulked in the back and Akhera strode forward with renewed vigor, as she used her privilage as master.

Suddenly, Severon saw something flit in the distance. Not much more than a mere shadow, but the human's eyes had caught it, and he expected the others had as well. "What was that?" Korroth asked.

"I imagine it is smoke, though it was carefully hidden. It didn't last long because it wasn't meant to."

"Precisely Severon," Akhera said turning to them. "Obviously there is a gathering up there, and hopefully it's the council we're hunting for. Let's go!"

Putra

14-01-2011 07:38:20

Ooroo Abbey
-Halls of the Watchmen

As the members of Jeth's Legacy started to leave the briefing room and make there way towards the fighter hanger, Habib lagged behind the battle team, debating the validity of the moral of aiding in the protection of the colonist who incited the native peoples to violence, or so it seemed to Habib in his mind.

-The Garden of Meditative Reflection

Habib fall back and made his way out of the abbey and into the gardens taking a moment only to admire the vista, gazing off at the central mountain rang as the peak out form the mist and fog off on the horizon. “You do know the team is heading out now, why are you not with everyone else?” Sa Ool ask Habib, Habib looked at the Kal Dor Jedi and asked “why are YOU not with them?” he continued “I’m not going... the settlers knew what they were doing, and this is the outcome they wanted, they wanted us to 'come to the rescue' they want to drag us into there mess, I will not be part of it.” “That maybe so, but what is done is done, it is our job to protect and preserve the peace” Sa Ool explained “Peace!? Where were we when the settlers attacked the Harakoan tribes? Are they not worth our time or our protection? What about the 'peace' of the Harakoans?” Habib exclaimed “...if you feel, out of some since of 'duty' to report me, I will not stop you, but I will not take part in this endeavor...” Habib left Sa Ool in silents and made his way to the main gates of Ooroo Abbey.

Menat Ombo City
-It’kla District

Habib made his way to the outskirts of It'kla District to his home. K'Nah was sitting by a fountain in the front of the yard playing with K'Habiba, Habib and K'Nah's infant daughter, “My love your home!” K'Nah exclamation as she pick up K'Habiba and made there way to the meet her husband at the gate. Habib took and kissed his daughter on her little nose “aww my lil'one, have you been good to your mother?” K'Nah looks at Habib “...what bothers you?” Habib takes a breath and sits on the edge of the fountain while cradling his daughter, “We were ordered to go to Honunom … to aid the settlers in there dispute with the native peoples.” “... your not going with the others?” K'Nah asked. “...no, I decided I would not go with the them...” Habib replied as K'Habiba holds tight to her fathers finger.

Anochiir

15-01-2011 19:40:44

Honunom Desert

"Precisely Severon," Akhera said turning to them. "Obviously there is a gathering up there, and hopefully it's the council we're hunting for. Let's go!"

The quartet set off in the direction of the smoke with Krandon behind still sulking after the lashing received from his Aedile. Severon and Korroth refused to make any comments about the recent exchange, but the older Jedi continued to conceal a small smile within the confines of his facial hair.

Akhera sighed inwardly. She truly hated having to correct people, but she knew that it simply couldn’t be helped in most cases. She had ripped into Krandon because he needed the direction. The Knight was a newly redeemed Dark Sider so the idea of peace and tranquility weren’t set in stone for him like they were for the Cathar.

She stopped and looked over her shoulder at Severon, “What distance would you estimate to the target area, Severon?”

Severon shrugged slightly, “No more than a few miles. Any more than that and we wouldn’t have been able to see it.”

Akhera nodded slowly, the older Jedi had more experience in this kind of thing, but he still bothered her. She found his presence both calming and nerve-wracking. Even though they had spent a small amount of time together before the current crisis paired them together, she still found him to be unnerving.

Severon looked at her, “Are we stopping here, Akhera?”

Akhera blinked a few times before it registered in her mind, “We’ve come about a mile now. We need water and salt.”

Reaching into her pack, Akhera withdrew a small jar of salt. After pouring some into her palm, she passed it to the others, “The sun is baking it out of our bodies so we’d better try to keep in there.”

After each had taken the salt, she replaced it in her pack and pointed, “Let’s keep going gentlemen. I don’t want them to decide to move on us. We might not get the smoke signal again.”

Harakoan Camp

A lone sentry stood watch looking out over the section of desert that Akhera and her companions strode across. With a strangely bemused glance, the sentry watched these intruders for a moment before heading back to the camp to report what he’d seen.

“War Chief, four people approach from the west,” he said quickly in Harakose.

Whenua looked at the sentry, “Only four? This is strange to see. Take a few men and escort them here. I want to know what they want from us.”

The sentry nodded and went away to find the men to take.

An hour later, the four Jedi were led into the presence of the War Chief. Akhera looked at the others and motioned that she would speak.

In halting Harakose, she addressed Whenua, “War Chief Whenua, I am Akhera Nol. These four and I are Jedi from Menat Ombo.”

Whenua looked at her, slightly bemused, “I know your language, Jedi. I like hearing people learn a civilized language though.”

With a look of relief, Akhera slipped back into Basic, “What is the meaning of this, War Chief? Surely, things are not this complicated yet. We are here to see if peace can be facilitated.”

Whenua shook his head, “Our people need the water in this desert. How can we survive if these ‘Tythonians’ have taken all of our wells? Too many of us are in danger of dying of thirst.”

Akhera looked at those with her, “War Chief, how can this problem be avoided? We want to see that everyone gets what they need, but we cannot do that if a war breaks out.”

Severon and Korroth looked at one another curious as to whether or not this was in fact their Aedile who spoke to them so nervously earlier that day. Without a word, they turned back to the Harakoans.

Whenua shook his head, “There can only be war, Jedi. No treaties this time will save our people. We MUST have water.”

Akhera looked at Severon and Korroth in a silent plea for assistance.

Quejo

16-01-2011 12:36:39

Ooroo Abbey, Menat Ombo

The worry of the Ithorian could not be seen in his expression, rather it could be felt. He sat in the Garden of Meditative Reflection and did just that. Reflected on what was to come… He was fully aware that war, no matter the cause, could birth greater evils and peril. He knew this from experience as he had witnessed the demise of many, whether it be physical or spiritual. The outcome was the same… Death.. It was at that moment, when he reached the peak of his reflection, he reeled back and opened his eyes. The black orbs shifted to the Gand standing before him. Both of the Sentinel’s arms ‘whooshed’ out to the side, palms facing the ground as he pushed himself up, the Force making it seem as if he had levitated to his feet. His lids narrowed in amusement as he saw the Gand, dwarfed by his size, look up at him.

“I sense something is troubling you old friend.” Ji greeted, his hands clasped behind his back.

<> The Ithorian boomed, “we” referring to the elders of their order. <> Turning his back to him, he continued. <>

“You know as well as I do that throwing them in to the fires of war is a true test of will and devotion.”

<> He turned back to face his Quaestor. <>

“Very well.. Go to the desert. Observe only.” Ji finished, his finger pointing up at the Ithorian to make sure the instructions were clear.

Quejo just bowed lightly and left the garden with haste. He was eager to see how thing’s would unfold. He knew that the younger members would need to work this out for themselves, yet, he found comfort in knowing that he would be there in case the poodoo hit the fan..

Fang Ao Tian

18-01-2011 23:11:26

Her boots made little noise as she walked down the hallway that led to the team's hanger. Guinevere Deschain checked her supplies one last time. She had rations of dried meat as well as dried fruit and nuts, and two small canteens of fresh water were clipped to her utility belt. Along with her lightsaber, a liquid-cable dispenser, a small knife, and a halo lamp, the food and water made her feel as if she could handle any situation that presented itself.

With that assurance, the Hapan smiled over her shoulder at the little black R2 droid that was following her to the hanger. It tooted an inquisitive at her, the beeps and whistles softly echoing in the hallway.

"I know, GoldenEye," she said in her light, musical voice, "We've been flying a lot lately."

The droid replied with a series of notes at her, then ended with a baritone blat noise.

Guinevere chuckled and slipped her fine, slender hands into the dark gloves of her black and silver flight suit. "Don't worry, Goldie. This will be an easy mission. We won't even be leaving the atmosphere."

With a string of flat noises, GoldenEye made it obvious that the nature of the mission didn't matter.

"Look, I'll tell you what," the young Hapan said, "When we get back, I'll see to it that you get an oil bath and a tune up. How does that sound?"

At that, GoldenEye perked up and issued much happier noises. Somehow the sound of the droid's joy reminded her of a child receiving a gift. It fit, though. Shortly after arriving on New Tython, Guinevere had arranged for the droid's memory to be wiped. Better for the astromech to start anew than to carry around the memories and any extra programming that his former masters had instilled in him.

The pair entered the hanger and made their way to the X-Wing that had recently received a masterful paint job. Called Final Heaven, the X-Wing looked like some type of feral animal waiting for the scent of prey to drift by.

The starfighter caught Guinevere's attention for only a moment. Standing beside it, already wearing his flight suit, was the Ithorian who had recently discovered Guinevere lying on a beach near a crashed escape pod.

"I'm glad you're here," Quejo Drakai rumbled in Basic, "I thought we could fly out together."

Sanguinius

19-01-2011 10:25:32

The rush of adrenaline made the Anaxsi shiver slightly as he ran the fingers of his ungloved left hand along the old Y-Wing. The fighter-bomber was an old piece of junk, but it was his own piece of junk. If a passerby looked carefully they could see old scorch marks and the slight hint of rust around some of the panel edges, but the craft was still space-worthy. Coming to the end of the Y-Wing's engine casing, the Entar looked around him, he could several of his fellow Jedi suiting up and the ground crew prepping the ships for flight.

A cough behind Sanguinius caused him to smile, "I presume that's you Haa'alk,"

"Could it be anyone else?" a voice weathered by a lifetime of smoking deathstiks replied.

The Guardian turned to find his crew chief standing there; a Chev rubbing the oil off his hands with a shammy cloth. "She's an old warhorse that ship is. I just wish you'd let me paint her up, she looks like a piece of crap compared to the other craft around here,"

"That's the general idea Haa'alk, I want to show off her history, besides, the others just pretty them up out of pride and arrogance. I prefer to show the history of this old girl."

The Chev stared at the Y-Wing, a frown painted on his face. "Sure, but you've not even named the thing and you're a bloody Flight Leader."

"Naming something shows attachment to it, according to the teachings of the High Council, attachment will lead to fear, and so on and so on," the Templar laughed as he grabbed his helmet, deciding to change the subject he looked back over at Haa'alk. "Has R4 been strapped in already?" the little astromech droid wasn't needed so much as the Jedi weren't going off planet. But it was always good to have back-up. Besides, even though the Anaxsi's Y-Wing was the upgraded one man seater, even a Jedi couldn't operate all the systems at once.

"Sure, the droid's in there," the Chev rumbled, "Just keep safe out there, everyone knows what's going on with the damn natives."

Sang raised his right eyebrow almost as a question, something that the Chev, unused to human expressions missed. "It is our duty to keep the peace Haa'alk, it's what the Jedi do."

Haa'alk shrugged his bulky shoulders, "Whatever you say Entar." The crew chief nodded to the other three crew members scrambling away from the Y-Wing. "Looks like the old hunk of junk is ready to go boss."

Sanguinius smiled and nodded, "I'll see you soon Haa'alk, remember I owe you a round after that Sabaac win of yours."

The Chev erupted in deep laughter, "We can always make it two rounds little man."

Sanguinius took the steps of the ladder up towards the cockpit of the Y-Wing two at a time, the well-trained muscles of the Entar's body allowing him to do so. Elsewhere in the hanger, there were the rest of Jeth's Legacy minus the Guardian Habib Ali and Severon Vercingetorix, six members in all, embarking their fighters and getting ready to take off.

Ryujin's voice came on over the intercom. "You know the directives of the High Councillor, may the Force be with you."

The assembled members echoed the mantra, firing up the engines of the fighters, before rushing out of the hanger to head out to their target areas.

Sa Ool

20-01-2011 14:14:35

Ooroo Abbey
-The Garden of Meditative Reflection

The Young Kel Dor stood there in the Garden alone just witnessing a fellow Jedi leaving and not wanting to help out. Anger was all he felt but Sa knew he had to calm down he was a Jedi not a Sith. Looking up to the sky out of habit he saw some fighters leave the Abbey and realized whose fighters those are.

“Crap Ryujin is going to disappointed in me for being late.” The Kel Dor said to no one

Taking off at a sprint Sa quickly ran to where they kept the fighters to see that his Eta-2-Actis was ready to with his R2 unit in his spot to be ready to assist the Jedi. Making sure the Kel Dor went through his pre-flight check list to make sure everything was in working order. The Actis may have been old but it was still a worthy fighter in the sky.

New Tython Flight Space

Sa Ool pushed his fighter to get it to catch up to the rest of Jeth’s Legacy. Seeing that he has finally caught up he adjusted his speed to match the others and got in place with the other fighters.

“Sa Ool what are you doing getting here late?” Came over the com by his leader Ryujin

“I’m Sorry Habib and I had a chat in the Gardens and he said he was not joining us.” Replied the Kel Dor

Ji

27-01-2011 00:54:02

(Sorry this took so long guys! Was really busy the past few days)

Hononum Desert
Harakoan War Camp

A whiff of dust blew across the cool, thick skin of the Ithorian Jedi as he sat perched atop a sand dune overlooking the Harakoan camp, in full visibility but unseen. The Force was his cloak. His shield. With a duo-tonal sigh and several long, bony digits, he wiped the dirt from his face as he stood and started toward the camp.

The makeshift village was a virtual metropolis of animal hide tents and crude cloth dwellings, smattered with markets and temple-yurts, eliciting countless plumes of sweet-smelling Cochra-smoke. As he strode through settlement toward the oasis at the center Quejo was seldom interrupted. The occasional street vendor shouting at him, or the frequent children begging for a drop of water--though the Ithorian doubted they were in any real danger--were the only sources of trouble.

Finally Quejo stood before the central yurt. A medium-sized complex of intricately stacked tents supported by the bones of large desert animals with an entrance flanked by guards wearing vividly colored and impressively decorated veils, the "tent" (if it could truly be called that) was obviously the center of the warchief's power.

Footfall by tri-toed footfall, Quejo walked slowly through the entrace, head bowed in deference to the guards who, though carrying deadly looking halberds, paid the old master no mind. The inside of the tent was surprisingly cool and humid and the Ithorian distinctly smelled fish, probably taken from the nearby oasis-lake. The floor was carpeted with thick, furry rugs and the walls, though made of animal hide, supported tall, fluttering tapestries. In the corner stood a single individual smirking knowingly at Quejo.

<> stated the Ithorian in simple Ithorese as he inclined his head slightly. <>

"Though your powers are great old friend, this is still our... my desert. I instructed my guards to allow you passage," lilted Whenua in his musical, nasally accent. "Your friends have been made comfortable upstairs until we ride this afternoon."

<> At the War Chief's quizzical gaze Quejo simplified his speech further. <>

"They have already departed, Jedi. Under my lieutenant they ride to intercept a caravan making for your capital. We will use these hostages as leverage to prevent unnecessary violence... Rather to prevent too much unnecessary violence. My warriors are angry and will not be held back."

Guest Quarters, War Chief's Yurt

"As Akhera says. We should ride with Whenua. It is our duty to at least keep tabs on him and continue to convince the Harakoans to back down until we can mediate a compromise," said Severon imploringly. Between his black robes and creased face he looked more the part of a Sith than a Jedi. However, of his compatriots he was one of the most dedicated to the light... or gray, depending on how one looked at it.

"Is it not our duty to prevent and stop injustice? If we ride with him--which we will--I will join his warriors on the field." Everyone on the planet knew of Korroth's extreme pro-Harakoan leanings. Of all the Jedi on the planet he had worked with them the most, with the possible exclusion of old Quejo.

Akhera bit her lip nervously. "No Korroth," she stated as firmly as she could. "We must not choose a side without the High Councilor's approval. We will wait to be instructed fur-"

"No," came a harsh voice from the corner of the room, to where everyone's heads turned simultaneously. Krandon stood tall and defiant, finally having spoken up.

"It is not your decision to make, Akhera. Though you are our Aedile our struggle between what is right and wrong... what is Light and Dark... is an individual one. We will each make our own decision about our part in the struggle to come..."

Ooroo Abbey

Murtallica strode swiftly through the stone halls of the Abbey, boot heels click-clacking on the cold floor. Upon reaching his destination he insistently pushed through the door without knocking. The four figures within, huddled around an old-fashioned wooden table covered in maps and scribblings, did not even look up.

"Murtallica. This Gand is pleased to see you," wheezed the High Councilor through his porous skin.

"I bring news, master," spoke the Journeyman quickly.

"No matter. It can wait. New Tython is not Coruscant. Join us."

Murtallica slowly strode forward, briefly meeting the unnerving, dead gaze of Solari. It was rare to see him out of the library these days. "Welcome Murtallica," spoke the droid in a hauntingly robotic basic. Flanking the Shard Jedi stood Elleron Morakei and the Neti Malik. Neither regarded him.

The room was small and dark, as night had fallen over Menat Ombo. The maps were illuminated only by an elaborate candle-lit chandelier high above, and Murtallica was sure he could hear the sound of running water somewhere in the back of the room. A fountain?

Malik rumbled something in a language the young Jedi could not understand, a twisted root of a finger pointing to a point on the map where the Honunom spilled into the plains surrounding Menat Ombo.

"He's right High Councilor," muttered Elleron. "The Honunom colonists, now collected into wagon and speeder trains, will take the quickest route to the capital. Unfortunately the quickest is also the most predictable. They will never make it."

"There will be bloodshed," hummed Solari, a slight whirring undertone present in his voice.

"Who is still in the capital, Elleron?" asked Ji softly.

"Habib has refused to fight and is at home. Jendan, Tyno and Jafits Skrumm are also in the city. The others were either deployed or are on various field assignments."

"Will we intervene? Surely we can't let them slaughter each other!" shouted Murtallica, clearly agitated.

"The time is not right, young apprentice. Ji certainly does not want to see more death. However, we must trust in our ... converts ... to make the correct decision. Whether they choose to fight or observe they will have a struggle before them. War is not always abhorrent. Remember that," ordered Ji calmly. "The Harakoans will descend upon the Tythonians and now is the time when it will be shown who the real adherents to the Light are, and if they should fall ... Quejo will dispatch them swiftly."

Honunom Desert, near the Melewati Pass

Ryujin surveyed the rocky terrain at the edge of the vast Honunom Desert through an ancient pair of macrobinoculars. The Nautolan, clad in thick robes, pulled tightly around him to fight the cold of the desert night, rode in a barely running speeder along with several Tythonians and Draetan. Behind him was the caravan, throughout which members of his team were scattered. Guinevere, Kira, and Sa Ool. He grimaced. His numbers were badly depleted. Habib had elected to go home and do... whatever rather than his duty. He was also short Murtallica and Severon.

The Nautolan spat. Blast those cowards!

His thoughts were suddenly and viciously interrupted by the blast of a loud horn, sounding not half a mile behind them. "Prepare yourselves!" he shouted over the sudden commotion. Though a Jedi, he was a warrior and he would do as the Councilor requested: protect the innocents.

"Sithspit..." mumbled Guinevere under her breath as she and Sa Ool stared wide-eyed at what was coming. Dozens of Harakoans mounted on Banthas and whooping and shouting war cries thundered toward the caravan--now in full motion, attempting to form a makeshift circle-fortress--from either side, interspersed with at least a hundred foot-bound warriors. From behind and in front Kira could barely discern the Eopies, galloping across the desert toward them at full speed, each ridden by a furious Harakoan warrior, or pulling a dreadful looking chariot.

As their speeder jerked suddenly to the left to pull into formation, its passengers in the bed clearly terrified (as evidenced by their shrieks and cries) the two Jedi leapt out. Sa Ool grabbed Guinevere by the arm and looked her square in the eyes. "Guinevere... this has been a long day..." said the Kel Dor as he activated his lightsaber, casting a purple glow in the sand beneath his feet.

Putra

29-01-2011 22:41:06

Menat Ombo City
-It’kla District

Habib rests on a bale-bale in the side garden of his small house, the relative calm was broken only by the sound of fighters from Jeth's Legacy roaring overhead on there way to Honunom. Habib laid back watching the sky between the leaves of a tree that were gently swaying in the breeze when K'Nah approached him, “Sayangku, could you go to the market with me, I feel uncomfortable when I go alone.” Habib set up, wearing just his under tunic and pants from his jedi robes, “i'll have to change first, let me get something more appropriate on.” K'Nah nodded, “i'll get K'Habiba ready too.” Habib changed clothing into normal civilian attire and his wife prepared there daughter for the outing. Together they make there way to the Visulu Markets.

-Visulu Markets

the market was bustling, the smell or cured meats, exotic plants and animals filled the air. “What do we need to get here?” Habib asked his wife. “hmm I want to make that fruit crusted you like so much” K'Nah's smill shows in her eyes. “the one made of Muja fruit?” Habib asked excitedly. The excitement was short lived for habib as he overheard a delivery man speaking to a local vender “...yea you heard about it yet?” the delivery man continued, “ those 'hairy-conans' what ever there called attacked a convoy!” “so that's what all the fuss was about, them jedi took off not to long ago headin' out that'a way.” the vender points of towards Honunom. The delivery man responds “Ay, I think there’s gonna be trouble fer anyone with blue skin.” the two begin the chuckle. K'Nah rest her hand on Habibs arm, “Are you alright?” she asked softly. “I'm ok, no worries, now lets go find some Muja fruit” Habib smiles.

Anochiir

30-01-2011 19:13:42

Hononum Desert
War Chief’s Tent

Akhera looked sharply at Krandon, “It may be an individual decision, Knight Rowella. However, I was tasked with putting an end to this nonsense. That is exactly what I plan on doing. If you choose to side with the Harakoans and assist them, it’s your choice.”

Krandon stared at her for a moment, the harsh lines in his face growing uncertain, “But, how are we to learn what we are supposed to do without learning from our mistakes?”

Akhera shook her head, “Most of you are converts, Knight Rowella. You’ve lived the mistakes which is more than post padawans can say. However, I will not stay in your way should you choose one or the other. Nor will there be repercussions for your actions, I will see to that.”

Krandon and Korroth shared a look and nodded. Korroth took his turn to speak, “As you wish, Councilor Nol.”

She smiled softly, “Do what you feel is best. Afterwards, we will discuss it privately so as not to embarrass anyone.”

She looked at her three companions, “Now, if you’ll excuse me…I need some fresh air.”

The three Jedi nodded before moving to different areas to meditate.

Hononum Desert
War Camp Outskirts

Akhera stood at the edge of the camp deep in thought. She sighed softly and shook her head, “Which side is right? I was tasked with ending this…but, I don’t know how. Why would the High Councilor give me a task I’m not suited for?”

On silent tri-toed feet, Quejo approached the young Cathar and addressed her in deep rumbling Basic, “What is the problem, Akhera?”

She started at the sound, “M…Master Quejo…I didn’t hear you approach.” She bowed slightly, “Please, forgive me.”

Quejo gave off a laughing sound, “Do not stand on ceremony out here. I don’t think it means much if no one can see it. Now, you seem to be having a problem.”

Akhera nodded, “I am, Master. I do not know which side of this problem is right and I feel as though the High Councilor tasked me with something I cannot handle. I do not know how to proceed and I worry that I won’t live to his expectations.”

Quejo watched her for a few minutes, forming his response carefully, “Akhera, the right path is the one you feel deserves the most exposure. How do you see this conflict?”

She sighed again, “Master…this conflict has no point. They will never see eye to eye and the problem lies in the atrocities already preformed. They’ve been inflamed against each other for the last time. I think only violence will solve this…and that doesn’t sit well with me. I do not like the idea of violence for any reason.”

Quejo shook his head, “There is always an answer, Akhera. You just need to find it.”

Akhera nodded, “I will look harder, Master. Does anyone else know you’re here?”

Quejo shook his head again, “No one knows. Please keep it to yourself, Akhera. It will be revealed in time and I have my own reasons for being here.”

Akhera shrugged, “No one will hear of it from me, Master. Do what you must.”

She heard the Ithorian walk away the same as she heard him approach, which is to say not at all. She sighed softly, looking out across the sand, “Violence is imminent…there will be blood covering the sand soon.”

She closed her eyes for only a moment before sinking to her knees. Tears openly poured down her face as she thought about the coming conflict, “So many will die and nothing will bring them back. This is idiotic.”

With a howl of frustration, she pounded her fists into the sand. She wiped her face slowly, standing after a few more moments of kneeling. She turned to back to the camp to see a Harakoan watching her.

Her face seemed devoid of emotion as she approached him. She spoke to him in Harakose, “Inform the War Chief that we will ride with him when the time comes. Inform him that we will find a resolution to this one way or the other.”

She motioned for him to depart and he shook his head muttering as he left. She looked back towards the desert for a moment, “There must be a way to get them to work together…who is there that we have that can further assist us in this matter?”

Akhera stood there for a moment before returning to the main tent.

Severon V

31-01-2011 04:29:49

Severon stood a good way from the main tent, his head bent. His expression was one of sadness, which appeared to sink his eyes further into his skull. His hood was raised, giving him the appearance of a Sith. "I can't see it..." he muttered.

He paced across the ground, shaking his head all the while. "It is too difficult. There is too much at stake. Peace is shattered." As he finishes speaking, a vision rushes in his sight, as if summoned by the Aldraanian's thoughts.

Octavian runs into battle ahead of the Yridian Suface Command forces of Tarentum, vibrosword and blaster raised. Men, on both sides, fall to the earth, not to move again.

Severon shakes his head in an attempt to clear the vision. "No, it will not be like that, not this time."

Octavian stumbles under fire, his uniform burning from the blaster shots. He rests on his knees for a while, gazing at Severon in pain and confusion.

Severon fell to his knees, beating the sand with his fists. "No," he screams. "Not again, I can stop it!"

Octavian lies in Severon's arms, dying. He breathes ragged and tells Severon of the beyond. Pain rushes through Severon as he dies...another victim of war.

A primal roar issues from Severon's throat and echoes through the surrounding area. A Harakoan nearby hunches in fear, his spear raised. Severon rose from the ground and turned. The Harakoan trembled, but kept his spear ready, knowing the grey was extremely volatile.

Severon waved his hand dismissally at the Harakoan, and walked toward the main tent, his blood boiling. "This war shall not happen. I will make it so."

Ji

13-02-2011 19:56:07

The four Jedi, scattered among the Tythonians, many of them shaking in terror, others (the more stalwart and experienced of the group) were silent as they awaited the charge. The caravan was surrounded and Harakoans mounted on all manner of creatures bore down upon them. Ryujin held his ignited saber high. Though he was no longer a Dark Sider, this was clearly a case of defending innocent lives from aggression. "Steel yourselves!" he shouted above the clamor of pounding hooves. Beside him the leader of the caravan, a being named Ascero, nodded to him deferentially, pulling his flechette cannon tightly against his shoulder.

As the Harakoans came within range, the Tythonians opened up with a plethora of antique weapons. Beams of light pierced fur and flesh, as massive banthas crumbled to the ground. Slugs and shrapnel burned into the flesh of the speedy eopies, sending their riders flying as they crashed face first into the sand. Every weapon present fired rapidly into the oncoming horde, but it was far from slowed. "Slaughter them all my friends!" yelled Ascero as the first wave of Harakoans crashed into the protective circle of speeders. Those on mounts threw spears or shot arrows, piercing and impaling the Tythonians before the unmounted braves even had the chance to scramble up over the makeshift fortification. Sabers glowing, the Jedi formed a circle around the unarmed civilians cowering in the bed of a large, wheeled vehicle resting in the center of the formation. Holding their ground, they killed only when a Harakoan charged the truck.

In the outermost ring the carnage continued. Blood sprayed from open wounds, while pus and seepage leaked from cauterized blastermarks. The dead lay everywhere but still the Harakoans charged the few remaining vehicles again and again. Blocking an axe swinging at his midsection with the butt of the flechette cannon Ascero kicked out against his assailant, shoving him backward and giving the Tythonian the few feet he needed to bring the deadly weapon to bear against his enemy. An enemy he promptly shot in the face. As gore exploded outward, propelled by the molten-hot shrapnel entering the skull the Harakoan fell backward. Dead or critically maimed (Ascero sincerely hoped dead), the man continued to fight. Aside from the Jedi holding the middle pocket open, only his speeder remained a bastion of Tythonian resistance.

Sparing a glance toward the last resisting speeder as he lopped off yet another Harakoan's arm, sending him sprawling to the ground and shrieking in pain, Ryujin saw the last Tythonian fall before Ascero was smashed over the head by a wicked looking club and dragged out of the vehicle, squirming and fighting all the way. Only the four Jedi remained. On all sides Harakoans whooped and cheered. Some carried away wounded, but most carried away struggling prisoners, hands bound and wounded. Still more stood mere feet away from the Jedi. Waiting for... something.

Suddenly the ground began to shake. The Harakoans before Sa Ool and Guinevere parted, exposing a giant bull bantha, pawing at the dirt and frothing at the mouth. The Harakoans had clearly moved several vehicles to give the animal space to charge. The two Jedi dropped down into fighting stance as, with a roar, the creature charged. Jewelry and ornamentation hung from both the animal's horns as well as its intricately tattooed and pierced lips. Its rider, clearly a man of rank, was equally decorated, covered from head to toe in tattoos and bangles.

Gathering his courage Sa Ool broke from Guinevere and charged straight for the bantha. Shocked into immobility Guinevere was suddenly overtaken by several Harakoans, who promptly tore her lightsaber from her grasp and wrestled to the ground. Seeing their comrade fall, both Ryujin and Kira raced toward her, only to be tripped up by masses of lithe Harakoans taking advantage of their lack in concentration, before being equally disarmed and restrained. Only Sa Ool remained, running straight toward the charging monstrosity.

With mere feet to spare the Kel'Dor leapt clear over the bantha, preparing to land atop it and strike down the rider. However in midair he was suddenly struck by a brutal lash, clean across the chest. He could feel himself bleeding as he crumbled to the ground, breath knocked clean out of his lungs. With a satisfied groan the bantha slowed, reins pulled tightly by the rider, who leapt from the beast, carrying what looked like a three meter long switch--clearly the item which had whipped Sa Ool so brutally. Seeing the Kel'Dor still immobile on the ground, the war leader motioned slightly with his hand. "Take him," was all he said before turning back to the truck.

"Yes Lord Kahungunu," answered a Harakoan as he disarmed and restrained the Jedi.

The truck was alight with activity. Women and children screamed, while men fought with fist and tooth to prevent being taken. Regardless, all were torn from the safety of the flatbed and thrown over the backs of mounts which promptly galloped East one by one, toward the rising moon and the main Harakoan war camp.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Chief Whenua's Mounted Yurt

Exasperated, the Jedi (Akhera, Severon, and Krandon--Korroth had since disappeared) surveyed the scene laid out before them. They stood on the forward facing balcony of a mobile tent carried on massive poles stretched betwixt two enormous banthas, now stationary. "You see?" fluted Whenua musically. "Our determination and kinship with nature supersedes the invaders' technology. For we have captured the entire caravan. Bring forth the Jedi-prisoners!" shouted the war chief to the assembled crowd below. All around the oasis the war party had temporarily stopped at thousands of Harakoans sat, perched on ridges eager to see what would happen to the perpetrators of their misery.

Still struggling, Ryujin, Guinevere, Sa Ool, and Kira were brought to the small, open area directly in front of the bantha-carried tent. "Undo their bindings and return their lightsabers," demanded Whenua. "Jedi. Let it be known that you fared well at our hands. We recognize your service to us and repay it in kind."

"Whenua!" shouted Ryujin as his restraints were removed and his saber handed back to him. "Many have died! Release these prisoners as a show of good faith." The Harakoan chief only smiled at this before turning to his lieutenant Kahungunu and nodding slightly. The decorated Harakoan bowed deeply before whistling something unintelligible in Harakoan, upon which dozens of Harakoan braves descended upon the rest of the bound captives with knifes and axes. Blood sprayed in all directions and all seven of the Jedi ignited their sabers as one.

Seeing this the hundreds of Harakoans populating the ridge, surged downward into the basin of the oasis. Women and children, shouting and cheering, surrounded the carnage going on in the center, preventing the Jedi from gaining entry. Behind the Jedi in the tent Whenua's personal guard stood in a combat stance, ready to prevent any action against their beloved war chief. "We march on Menat Ombo next, Akhera," said Whenua without breaking his gaze from the scene below. "If you and your friends leave now you will beat us there."

Disgusted beyond words, Akhera and her two compatriots leapt from the balcony, landing beside Ryujin and the others below. "Come on!" she yelled over the commotion. "We have to reach the capital and inform the others!" Taking one last forlorn look at the scene before them the group scampered up the dunes, racing at full speed toward their fighters.

Whenua smirked as the Jedi disappeared over the ridge. "Bring me the leader," he chirped in Harakoan. "What is his name? Ascero? What silly names these invaders have."

Minutes later Whenua's aide raced into the chamber, alone and out of breath. "Great chief! Their leader is not among your personal captives!"

"Was he killed with the others?" inquired Whenua.

"No! His guards were both slain by a lightsaber and his tracks set off in the direction of Menat Ombo"

"A lightsaber?!" shouted Whenua with fury. "Break camp immediately and make for the Jedi city!"

Ji

13-02-2011 21:14:32

Trekking across the open desert, the opposite way his fellows had gone, Quejo made haste. The footprints he followed would only be good for a short time, given the violent wind which was beginning to kick up. Steeling himself against the sandblast, he pulled his cloak tightly around him. Although it seemed like hours since he saw the lightsaber wielding Ascero murder his guards and flee the camp, the Ithorian felt no closer to capturing his prey. His only regret was that he could not sense something amiss sooner.

Cresting a dune the Jedi finally got the glimpse he was hoping for. In the distance he could barely make out a small figure climbing into the cockpit of a T-65 X-Wing, glinting brilliantly , despite its age, in the morning light. As the repulsorlifts kicked in and the craft began to rise from the dusty ground Quejo pulled his comm from his belt and queued the High Councilor's private channel.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Has it begun?"

"It has, master."

"Good, Sanguinius. Excellent," rasped the shrouded figure perched atop the holoprojector in Sang's X-Wing. "The Jedi suspect nothing?"

"By now they must," replied the Arconan. "You will arrive soon?"

"We will arrive in the Jedi city in less than six standard hours. Be ready," ordered the figure.

"Yes master."

"Oh and Sang. Take off that beard, you look hideous."

The Dark Jedi, amused, chuckled to himself as he sped toward Menat Ombo. He was admittedly surprised how far a touch of makeup and a fake beard would go in disguising oneself. "Not that any of the Tythonians would have known me anyway," whispered Sang to his loyal astromech. "Still, with all the Dark Jedi falling to the Light, better safe than sorry, eh?"

The R2 unit only tweetled in reply as the capital city crested the horizon.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"This Gand wonders whether he is a Sith or just a crafty human armed with a lightsaber."

"I assure you, High Councilor," spoke the Ithorian in stereo, barely audible over the wind of the desert. "At the speed he got through the desert he must have been drawing upon the Force. It's safe to say we're dealing with an infiltrator."

"And he is beyond your reach, great Quejo?"

"He is. It will take me some hours to hike back to my fighter. I will reestablish contact when I am returning to the city," shouted Quejo over the brewing storm

Setting aside his comlink Ji looked to his compatriots. "Whoever he is, he will not make for the spaceport in his ship. His agenda?"

"This Ascero has been the colonist driving the Tythonians to settle in the Honunom. It is probable that discord and internal violence are his goals. . It is unfortunate that we have no radar or sensors. I recommend we immediately disperse to the most vulnerable points throughout the city," chimed the robotic, clangy voice of Solari.

"Very well. You will remain with the Library. Elleron, secure the Abbey compound. Malik, the starport. I will make for the market place. Agreed?"

The series of affirmations were interrupted by Ji's comlink chirping yet again. As he depressed the button Akhera's voice burst through the small speaker. "...toward Menat Ombo! Repeat: Prisoners slaughtered. The Harakoan army is marching on the capital!"

Scratching his head in exasperation Ji attempted to calm both himself and his Aedile. "Very well, Akhera. Your location?"

"Five minutes out from the starport. But High Councilor! We must deal with this problem now!"

"This one is aware of the danger and it will be handled," responded Ji with a calmness he hardly felt. "Land at the spaceport, dispatch one of your Jedi to secure the Library, and then hunker down and protect the spaceport. Ji out."

"Protect the spaceport?! Why in the bl-" Akhera was quickly cut off as Ji disconnected the conversation and repocketed his commlink.

"It will take the Harakoans some days to arrive," volunteered Malik.

"Agreed. We should deal with this wayward Sith first," replied Elleron confidently.

"Our numbers have grown and we must utilize them. Solari and Murtallica will come with me to the plaza," answered Ji. "Malik, go collect Habib and begin to search the city. Keep your comlink on." The Neti nodded and the group of Jedi made for the door, lightsabers in hand.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"We must not allow these Harky savages to starve us!" shouted Sanguinius, still disguised as Ascero and using the derogatory term for Harakoans so popular among colonists. . "They hoard the best farmland in order to starve us and our children!"

Sang smiled a toothy grin as the crowd erupted in yet another uproarious cacophony of rage. "There is plenty of land on this world to share, and yet we are backed into its most desolate corners! We must stand together to prevent a genocide of our people!"

"Kill the blue-skinned freaks!" screamed a woman at the front of the crowd.

"They slaughtered innocent farmers!" shouted another man.

Suddenly the crowd's energy exploded into violence as a nearby Harakoan vendor dared flash the disguised Dark Jedi a rude gesture. No sooner had he done this than a dozen furious Tythonians were upon him, tearing his booth to pieces and pummeling the merchant with their fists. Mangos flew every which way as Harakoans fled the market plaza in terror, pursued by enraged Tythonians.

Turning from the scene before him, Sang, smile still stitched from ear to ear, turned and faded into the chaos, making for a back alley before the Jedi arrived. His ride would be touching down on the outskirts of the city within the hou-.

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a familiar sound. Standing before him, barely a meter and a half tall, was the High Councilor of the Jedi. Clad in brown and black robes and radiating a fury barely kept in check (and covering up a fair bit of astonishment) the Gand dropped into a combat stance. From behind him another saber ignited, and then another as the droid-Jedi and a younger man Sanguinius did not recognize rushed toward the scene.

Knowing better than to fight against these odds, Sang sprang. Leaping nearly straight up, the Dark Jedi clamored up the side of a building and disappeared over the roof. He could feel the Jedi hot on his heels as he sprung over a sidestreet onto an adjacent building, making for the edge of the city at full speed. His heart sank as he spared a glance at his chrono. Only thirty minutes, he thought to himself. [Expletive Deleted]. "This is about to get interesting."

Anochiir

16-02-2011 22:45:14

Menat Ombo
Ordain Vonoro Spaceport

Akhera landed her craft followed by the members of Jeth’s Legacy and Krandon. She disembarked from her ship, signaling that the others form in front of her. She looked gravely at each one before speaking.

“The High Councilor has ordered us to seal off the spaceport and protect it. However, one of you must go to the Library and assist there,” she said speaking with hidden authority.

She leveled a finger at Severon, “You are dispatched to the Library to assist in any way you are needed. You are dismissed, Knight Vercingetorix.”

She looked at the remaining people, her face showing no signs of the previously visible nervousness. The large Nautolan stepped forward, “What will we do, Councilor?”

Akhera looked at Ryujin, “You will take two people with you and move ship by ship to ensure we are alone here.”

Ryujin nodded and motioned for Sa Ool and Kira to follow him. With firm resolve the three rearmed Jedi stalked from ship to ship. Akhera motioned to the remaining Jedi, “Krandon, you and Guinevere will stand at the primary entrance. I will move about the perimeter on my way to the secondary entrance.”

Krandon and Guinevere saluted and moved to take up their positions. Akhera turned and keyed her comlink to contact Ryujin, “Once completed with primary objective, select one to join me at the secondary entrance. Afterwards, you will continue to move be a roving security for the ships.”

Ryujin keyed the com in acknowledgement as she was approaching the secondary entrance. She unclipped her saber from her sash and moved to stand in the dark shadows cast by the palisade.

Putra

16-02-2011 23:58:56

Menat Ombo City
-It’kla District

+Habib's house

Habib and his little family enjoy a home cooked meal ending with his wife's Muja fruit crusted. Habib looks at his wife and daughter, “You know, since the house members are all out doing what they do, i'm off duty for awhile, why not we take a vacation?” “K'Nah replies “Were are you wanting to go?” “Hmm how about we go and visit the beaches on Kamuekiko, its peaceful and the sea is warm, what do you think?” Habib asked his wife. “I supposes, it would be nice to get away from the city” K'Nah stated. “Ok lets do it! We can take the privet craft, that way we don't have to worry about heading into the city, and it will make it more … privet.” Habib gestures to his wife causing her to blush and shyly smile.

They pack there bags and a few other items and load there privet shuttle. “We have everything?” Habib asked his wife who was carrying there daughter and shoulder bag. “I believe so.” K'nah looks around. “Ok lets head out!” Habib exclaimed as he starts up the crafts engines and they roar off to the southeast toward Kamuekiko. While they were passing over the main square of Menat Ombo, Habib could barely make out the scene. K'Nah looks at Habib and asks “What do you think is going on down there?” “Ehh its nothing, probably some new event, they do that often, seems like every week.” Habib explained as they continued on there way.

Kamuekiko
-Tropical Zone

+Eastern Coast, Beach

Some hours have passed and the group finally landed on a white sandy beach on the eastern cost of Kamuekiko. The white sand of the beach was warm, the sky was clear and vibrant blue with a slight cool breeze, the smell of salt filled the air, the water was warm and crystal clear. They started to unload the belongings which included a prefabricated shelter unit kit that Habib started immediately to construct. K'Nah started to set up an area on the sand to relax and for there daughter to play. At that moment Habib received a broken audio message on his personal com “ -static- unrest -static- Habib re- static- Men -static- bo – static- disconnect-” “hmm that was odd...” Habib said. “what was that?” K'Nah asked her husband. “Not sure, it was to broken to understand. Hmm, no mater, lets enjoy the day” Habib smiles to his wife.

Kaira Rohana

24-02-2011 20:33:05

Transport ship

Kaira sat with Koga on a small transport ship coming into what they hoped would be there new home on New Tython. Both of them knew little about this world other then a small house of Jedi that were a new addition to the Brotherhood. They had chosen to try to hide out with in the one light side house a new start to raise their child in what they hoped to be a less violent up bringing.
Over the incom came the voice of there ships captain.

"It seems we might be a bit delated in landing folks. There is a riot under way in the main city on New Tython. We will be landing as soon as we have clearance into the spaceport in Menat Ombo. Sorry for the delay again."

Kaira let out a long sigh. They had chosen this transport for they felt they could blend in without questions being asked as to who they were. Right now, they look like a rich family on their way to a new home on New Tython. Kaira wore a deep purple dress. It was adoned with sliver beading at the hem and along the bodice. The belt was onxy in color but held her lightsaber. She had on a black traveling cloak that for now conseled the lightsaber from view.

The child in her arms was in a very frelly pink and white dress. She giggled at her father who was trying very hard to keep her ocupied so she didn't disturb the other passangers. He had on what he would normally wear any day. Long brown pants with high boots. His shirt was a cream color with a deep brown vest over it. He looked to his wife who had on a ring that looked much like the one he wore. Like his wife, he also was wearing a black traveling robe that hid not only his lightsaber but a blaster as well.

After the message from the captain ended, Kaira looked at Koga, "Here take Kystal. I am going to speak with the captain."

Koga looked at his wife with a frown as he took their daughter into his arms. "Don't cause trouble," he warned.

"Do I ever?" She said with a sly little smile as she watched her husband shake his head.

A moment later Kaira stood just out side the copit. She had already gotten past the droid that was on board to keep the passagers in there sits.

"Captain what seems to be the trouble with landing?"

"Spaceport in Menat Ombo is in lock down. Trying to get them to let us land. I am sure in a few moments we will be down there."

"Who has it locked down?"

"The Jedi that run the city."

"Put me on with the leader." Kaira put a bit of the force into how she said that making sure that he would do as she asked.

The captain then moved to allow her to use the com.

"This is Aedile Akhera Nol. We are in lock down no ships are to land right now at the spaceport Captain Weeble."

Kaira smiled as she took over for the captain. "Aedile Nol, This is Archpriest Kaira Rohana. Myself and husband are among the weary travelers on this transport. We have childern on board that need taken care of. Would you please allow us to land? I will bring us in myself if you would feel better about having a Jedi at the helm?"

Akhera took a moment before she came back on the com. "Rohana, you were not expected to be here yet. But your help as well as your husband’s would be nice to have right now. Please bring the ship in."

Spaceport

Akhera felt that with two more Jedi they would be better off if the riot made its way to the spaceport. Also she wanted to make sure that every one on that ship would be protected. If they were in the space over the city she could not be sure of that safety. For not at least the spaceport was not in the line of fire from the rioters so she felt that this would be the best time to have the ship come in.

It was about 15 minutes later as the transport ship was on its way into the main spaceport hanger. Akhera was there to greet the new arrivals to the city. As the transport ship opened, it was Kaira and Koga whom she saw first with a small child in Koga's arms.

Akhera motioned Kaira and Koga to one side and called RG-563 to stand near them. The droid looked impressive with the blaster cannon in its arms. She looked at the travelers, “If I may have your attention, I am Akhera Nol. We have space in the offices of the hangar that you will be comfortable in until the civil unrest is resolved. This shouldn’t take more than the remainder of the day at best. I apologize for this inconvenience, but for your own safety, the doors will not open until this situation is nominal.”

She pointed at 563, “You take the child to my quarters. Protect it at all costs and take the most direct path. No side trips this time or I’ll dismantle you to slag.”

The droid gave the semblance of a nod and took the child from Koga’s arms before departing. Akhera smiled lightly, “563 is a highly modified combat droid. The child will be safer with him than here. Now, you are to man the secondary entrance to the gate. Kira will be there to help you. I must maintain vigil over the bystanders here for the time being and assist them in any way I can.”

She paused for a moment after turning away. Looking back over her shoulder, she addressed the two new arrivals, "It is good to have you here. We are hoping not to have to fight here but who knows what will happen.”

Kaira looked at her new Aedile with wide eyes. "What was the cause of the riot?"

She asked as the other travelers learned who she and her husband really were. It seemed to not shock them much but if they knew that they were really Dark Jedi that might change their minds. Kaira and Koga both had a lot to learn on what it meant to be a Jedi over a Dark Jedi. Today seemed to be the start on that path as they went with Akhera to learn what was going on and how they could help.

Sanguinius

02-03-2011 07:38:50

Menat Ombo

Sanguinius swore under his breath as he sprinted across the rooftops, he could sense the blasted Jedi hot on his tail. How they had crept up on him, he didn't know. Probably missed them in the Force due to all the anger and hatred he sensed emanating from the Tythonians. He knew two of the Jedi after him, and while he may have been a tough veteran of Arcona, they still frightened him. The damn High Councillor himself was after him, and the do-gooder had brought along that bastard Solari and some stranger. They were herding him, the droid was somewhere down below in the dark alleyways, while the Gand and the human were corralling him in, trying to stop him from escaping to the starport.

Sang grinned, good thing he wasn't heading there. He glanced as his chrono, Blast, 20 minutes left. An unfamiliar shadow flickered over him, catching his eyesight. Side-stepping swifty to the right, he avoided the punch aimed at him from the stranger. The man was quick, but not quick enough mused the Templar. The Anaxsi swiftly retaliated, blocking another blow before lashing out with his left knee, which connected with the Odanite's stomach, causing the Jedi to drop to the floor in agony. Just as Sang brought his fist back to finish the job and knock the man out, something solid collided with him. Sending him sprawling to the ground groaning.

Rolling over, he saw the furious High Councilor standing over him, the ignited lightsaber of the Consular was shimmering in the dusty air. Sang spat savagely as he realised the predicament he was in. He was still in his Ascero disguise, but it wouldn't be long before the Battlemaster discovered who he really was. The Obelisk laughed as he stared up at Ji, "Should've known you would've caught me eventually eh?"

Ji glared at the Templar, "Who are you working for? The Dark Council? The Houses? Why do you come here to our world and do these things?"

Sang sneered with amusement, "I ain't telling you di'kut Jedi, but hey. Don't you recognise me High Councillor?"

Another shadow fell over Sang as the stranger got up off the floor, holding his hand to his stomach. "What are we going to do with him Master?" the man asked.

Ahh, thought the Entar, Seems I was wrong to think of the stranger as powerful. Looks like he's just a Padawan. Sang filed that information away for later use. He had to stall the Jedi for as long as possible in order to escape from this damn planet and complete the mission.

"We're going to see exactly who this sithspawn works for Murtallica." Ji replied.

A powerful presence revealed itself as the two Jedi spoke, distracting them to look over at the approaching Solari. As they looked over at the droid, Sang took the opportunity to escape. Activating a stun grenade, he flipped up off the ground, before jumping off the side of the building. Leaving the three Jedi to stand there motionless for a second before the grenade exploded, emitting a powerful blaze of light and a debilitating noise. Murtallica suffered the most, the Hunter was inexperienced in such weapons, but Solari compensated for the noise and light.

Sanguinius laughed as he ran down the alleyway, tugging off his beard and stripping off the clothes he wore as Ascero. Underneath he wore an all encompassing bodyglove. It would be useful for escaping the Jedi, especially as they were looking for Ascero. Discarding the clothes, the Entar continued to run, gasping for air as he checked his blaster and lightsaber were still with him. Thank Ferran, they were.

The Arconan could sense the combined anger of the three Jedi, the delicious irony delighted the Anaxsi, the three goody-two shoes were giving into their anger. Hopefully, he could make them embrace the Dark Side. The Brotherhood was weakened already from the Yuuzhan Vong, the Clans had been disbanded and the Houses were reformed. A bevy of Lightsiders were not needed. Already many Dark Jedi had been allured by them. Arcona's close ally Tarentum had suffered greatly from defecting brethren. Arcona had lost one, and the Shadesworn were determined to make the absconder suffer.

The Entar's job was to infiltrate the Odanites, to gain their trust, to root out any traitors to Tarentum and Arcona and to inform those more powerful than he of any he found. He had found the Arconan who had been tempted by these sissy lightsiders. He had informed the strike leader, he had arranged a war between the natives and the settlers. Much blood had been shed already. Sang mused, if the Arconans had gotten to this planet first, the Harakoans would've made excellent converts to the Dark Side. Always so eager to shed the blood of the settlers. But of course, the Obelisk had taken advantage of the xenophobia of the settlers. Humans were always easy to get riled up. We do seem to love a good riot. But at least I'm going to get rewarded for this, well, I'd better be rewarded for my work.

Sang slowed down as he reached the outskirts of Menat Ombo. He knew the three Jedi were still after him. The bloody High Councillor himself was personally after him, so Sang knew he had royally pissed off the Jedi. Because he had presented himself as a Lightsider, Sang had access to the com-channels of the Odanites, he had avoided the starport, being warned of countless sissy Jedi there. Not to mention that being an infiltrator allowed him now in his true guise to be able to walk among the Jedi and not be recognised as Ascero.

Sang heard voices coming from around the corner of the alleyway, he recognised them. It was some bloody Padawan who had always been here on New Tython. Now was the time to test his ruse was still working. Sang slipped around the corner and saw a female Hapan standing there, talking to three settlers. Seems she was mediating an argument between them and a solitary native. The Entar walked past here, ignoring her. But as he walked past, she recognised him and asked him to stop. Sang turned to reply, "Yes?"

"What are you doing here Jedi Tsucyra? I thought Jeth's Legacy had been ordered to patrol the Starport."

Sang tried to bluff his way through the question. "Master Ji wanted me to inspect the slums, seems the perpetrator of the uprising is hiding here."

The woman looked confused, "I've not been informed of that." she went for her comlink.

Sanguinius grimaced and slowly moved his hand towards his lightsaber, "There's no need for that Padawan."

"I must check in with the High Councillor Jedi Tsucyra."

As the Padawan thumbed her comlink on, Sanguinius brought his lightsaber up, ignited it and in one motion had bisected the woman diagonally, starting from her left hip to her right shoulder. The Jedi stared in shock at the Arconan before collapsing in two parts to the ground. The shocked settlers ran, while the bruised Harakoan fled in the opposite direction. The Templar growled in frustration. He didn't have time to track them down, plus he had given the blasted Lightsiders his position.

He glanced at his chrono once more and grinned. 8 minutes to go.

Sashar

02-03-2011 09:45:31

He glanced at his two companions. Both were, like him, former Consuls of Arcona. Both were, like him, deadly in their respective fields. Outside the viewport, a desert vista stretched on endlessly. None of them paid it any heed.

“Two minutes to we reach the city.” The pilot, Barusk, shouted out from the cockpit module.

Sashar nodded and gestured for Timeros Entar and Celahir Erinos to prepare themselves. Without further warning, he slapped the emergency release button on the hatch and threw himself from the opening, dropping like a stone into freefall. A pulse formed in the perfect blue sky, an ugly purple and black smudge. It coalesced rapidly into something resembling a massive avian easily the size of a landspeeder. It had two wings, a large, hunched back, mandibles, talons, claws and a spiked tail, but its skin was ephemeral, almost shimmering in the bright desert light. It also proved a nightmare to look at, its shimmering translucent skin constantly shifting and morphing. The…thing let out a roar and shot towards Sashar’s falling form, its beady blue eyes fixed on its master. No more than fifty meters from the ground, two huge claws snatched Sashar from death and stalled his landing, allowing him to touch down gently, not even bending his knees. No sooner than his feet touched the floor did four more blights on reality come to be, all roughly humanoid in their shape, but each with its own distinct unique features. One was a quadruped with triple-jointed limbs and elongated canine muzzle. Another was nearly three meters tall, skeletally thin, had the head of a reptilian avian and flaps of leathery skin between its arms and legs. Another was crouched low and had fiendishly powerful legs, webbed toes and fingers, suction cups on the tips of said appendages and a spine dotted with long, sharp looking spikes. The last had a body and musculature identical to Sashar, the head of a reek, and no less than eight tentacle-like appendages where its legs should’ve been. All had the same skin as the massive Drexl-like creature which had Stayed the Elder’s fall. All had identical copies of Sashar’s blue tri-pupilled eyes.

“Find Jafits Skrumm.” Sashar said to the Force Wraiths arrayed before him, his back to the city. As one, the beings shot off in different directions, whilst the Erinos stared over its expanse, probing the many beings through the Force.

-=[]=-

Timeros’s eyes snapped open. “Sang’s in trouble. He’s being pursued.”

“Where abouts?” Celahir asked, staring out of the open hatch at the sprawling city below.

“East quadrant. He’s moving away from the spaceport, and has three pursuers at present.”

The Kiffar nodded, his lightsaber ready in hand. Through the Force Chain he and Sashar had established, he felt his older brother begin his search.

“There!” Timeros exclaimed, then threw himself from the hatch as the AIC-4 obligingly dipped to allow him a small enough fall as not to shatter his legs. Celahir was a half-second behind.

They were in an alley. Sanguinus was against a wall, his saber in hand, lit and ready to defend himself. Advancing towards him, blocking the sole exit, was a gand, what appeared to be a droid, and a third being.

“I believe you have something of ours.” Timeros quipped, lighting his own saber, charging the Gand.

Ji

07-03-2011 00:14:59

Final post coming this Wednesday!

STAY TUNED! :)