Sashar Vs Celahir - Arcona Arena Tourney Round 1

`CC`

09-12-2009 19:34:03

Arcona Citadel; Archives:

A substantial hall that contains hard copies as well as electronic copies of all member records, research, maps and schematics for the Arconan fleet. It is staffed by two Krath followers at all times. A button that locks down the room and freezes the electronic information is provided as a safeguard.

---------------

“Celahir, you have brought only your lightsaber whereas Sashar has brought his lightsaber, LJ-50 conc rifle, SSK-7 pistol, Thunderer-6 pistol, Noghri sickle and a length of metal wire. You know the rules, and if you don't then tough luck because you really should. Good luck and have fun gentlemen.”

Zandro turned on his heel and walked away, beckoning for the usual Krath attendants to follow him as he left the two room, the two combatants now alone and the match officially underway.

[OOC – Sashar to post first]

Sashar

09-12-2009 21:49:10

It was amazing how fast Krath moved to get out of the line of fire – a point proven as the two scholars in charge of the archives vacated the premises in Zandro’s wake. Sashar grinned wryly and locked eyes with his younger brother and newly minted Quaestor of House Qel-Droma, Celahir Erinos.

“Su’cuy, Cel’ika.” The Consul said, a feigned light heartedness keeping his tone airy, almost nonchalant.

“Su’cuy.” Celahir replied, his vermilion eyes locked onto his opponents. Neither combatant blinked.

As soon as the brackets had been released a few days before, Sashar had cursed his luck. He knew very well that he’d have to fight his brothers and clan mates, however it was incredibly hard for the compulsive adopter to shake the feeling of responsibility and the innate urge to protect his ‘projects’ – the various Erinos who hadn’t been born Mandalorian, but ‘remade’ into Supercommandoes worthy of Arcona’s name. Celahir was one such individual who fell under that category, and whilst the more senior Erinos could hold their own against the Consul (indeed, Zandro had bested him no less than twice before), Celahir was a Dark Jedi Knight. Not an Equite. He had yet to prove himself in outright warfare, despite being an artist when it came to digital matters, such as slicing.

Forfeiting the fight would insult Celahir. Going easy on him would be worse; it’d be patronising. He’d racked his brain trying to come up with a way to come at the situation from a different direction, but there was literally none. Even having a quiet word with Juda and Zandro, asking them to give the Kiffar some pointers on how to take him down had come dangerously close to implying to the neophyte combatant that he had no faith in his abilities – which was about as far from the truth as one could get; he simply didn’t rate Celahir’s chances against him. As arrogant as that sounded even now, it was a harsh truth. Sashar was a tank with vast experience fighting force users, and had been known to eat Dark Jedi Knights for breakfast. Cel’ika was not.

“Oya.” The word was a formality. A signal to let the fight truly begin, and in Sashar’s mind, a disclaimer: he’d not hold back, and he’d hate himself for it later, but now the rest of a fight was a foregone conclusion. The Consul would win not because he was willing to seriously injure a member of his family, not because he was stronger physically, more experienced or had more insight into the force. No, it was because the two were in an enclosed area, and in the Mandalorian’s hands was an LJ-50 Concussion Rifle.

The trigger was pulled and blue hell sounded out.

Celahir

11-12-2009 19:32:42

As the bang echoed through the archives Celahir hesitated for a fraction of a second but was able to dodge his way into shelter behind one of the databank cabinets. [BOS]

Knowing Sashar could sense his presence whatever he tried, hiding was of no use, he had to come up with something underhanded to even be able to get close to the Primarch.

As Celahir specializes in hand-to-hand combat it was a difficult task to come up with a plan to engage in close range fighting, especially if your opponent was holding a huge rifle. Celahir scanned his surroundings considering all possibilities to gain any kind of advantage over his opponent.

The databank cabinets, that was it, those things were huge. If he just could surprise Sashar with one of those, he would be able to go in close. “It's worth a try” he said to himself while focusing his mind on the cabinet closest to Sashar and pushed it over, however the Primarch dodged, as expected. [PSH] But the Knight wouldn't let the Arconae get away that easily, whilst pushing over another cabinet. [PSH] Again the Mandalorian dodged, 2 cabinets falling down “One more should do it” Celahir mumbled, he put all his efforts in throwing this last cabinet towards Sashar. [TRW] As the cabinet flew towards the Consul, Celahir shot after it, kicking the cabinet for an unexpected change in speed. [BOS][EHA]

As his brother turned around Celahir thought he got him, but he underestimated the Primarch as he saw him dodge. [EQS] Sashar however dropped his rifle, something the Obelisk Knight couldn't let go unpunished, for this slight moment he saw a hole in the Consul's defence. Running onto the still dodging Primarch, the excited knight chose for his Carinor style. [BOS] Using his speed and the misdirection of this style he tried his best at landing a blow on Sashar's nose.

Sashar

12-12-2009 20:34:39

He had to hand it to him. Really, he did. The Consul had never realised just how far Celahir had come along in the force. If he’d been any slower, the Quaestor would have landed the blow. Celahir’s fist stopped less than an inch from Sashar’s face. The Consul smiled. One eyelid flickered. The Kiffar was gripped in the force and hurled bodily back over the destroyed book cases a good ten meters before rebounding off the far wall and landing in a heap, coughing up blood[OBL].

Immediately guilt took hold of Sashar. He’d just tossed Celahir aside like a rag doll – instinct had literally taken hold. His mind flickered back to when he, Kieran and Juda had been children, on one of their rare sojourns to Iziz City on Onderon. The trio had been jumped by local thugs after having far, far too much to drink at one of the bars. Kieran and Sashar had been able to fight off the five youths, however Juda had tried to be clever and dodge one of the punches. His balance wasn’t what he thought it was, and he’d fallen over, breaking his collarbone in the process.

"I should’ve just taken the punch." The red haired youth’s rueful voice echoed through Sashar’s mind, and he nodded sagely, as if he were replying to him.

Taking the punch would’ve probably broken his nose, but it was hardly the first time that had happened.

Shakily, Celahir rose to his feet and spat out a mouth full of blood.

“I think you broke a rib.” He wheezed, experimentally probing his side with his hand.

Sashar shut down emotionally, not trusting himself to reply. He’d not be able to continue otherwise. His left hand was a blur [BOS] as he quick-drew the Silenced SSK-7 pistol holstered at his hip, took aim and depressed the trigger. Celahir’s eyes widened and was only just able to dodge in time [PCG].

Grinning ferally, letting the joy of combat overtake him, Sashar backed up a few paces and kept tracking the fire up, steering his younger brother into a rather multi-faceted trap.

Celahir

13-12-2009 19:55:00

“Why are his shots missing” Celahir wondered, knowing that his brother's aim was better than this. “Maybe he's holding back?” Celahir quickly dismissed that thought, Sashar just broke his rib, there was no way he was holding back. Not too long ago the Primarch nearly broke the Knight's elbow. It was just a play fight and Celahir didn't mind, but his older brother felt guilty about hurting him.

He was being set-up, Cel could only go one way as the Mando kept steering him with his shots. “I need to heal myself” the Obelisk complained while dodging the shots.[CTP]
Finally getting out of Sashar's field of sight Celahir sat down behind one of the cabinets to take care of his broken rib.[HEA] Hearing several shots hitting the other side of the cabinet, he knew his brother was closing in on him.

Sashar slowly approached the cabinet Celahir was hiding behind, walking around it fully prepared for whatever the young obelisk had in store. As he turned around the corner ready to shoot at any moving thing, nothing was there. Celahir had just dashed over behind another cabinet.[BOS] As he sat down behind one of the terminals he knew it was now or never. He was familiar with the system, this however didn't make it any easier to access the controls of the room they were in. As the Primarch tapped into the force to find his opponents precise location he found that the knight was behind one of the terminals.[SNS]

Celahir's eyes were staring at the screen, his fingers flying over the keys, breathing heavily, sweat running down his face. He wondered about this fight a lot, never expected himself to hack the system though. The system’s protection wasn't that hard to crack, after all nobody would ever think of using it for this. Hastily entering command after command, something felt wrong. The Quaestor punched the enter key as he jumped of his chair, just in time to get out of range of the exploding screen.[PCG]

Sashar found him, enjoying his fights as always he shot the screen instead of his opponent. As Celahir landed a few meters from the terminal he covered his eyes with his arm, just in time before the lights ignited to full power leaving his opponent blinded before turning back to normal. This gave the young fighter the opening he needed. Whilst hearing the Primarch curse he ran towards him.[BOS] As the Mando has mastered the Broken Gate, he jumped and landed a flying kick perfectly on his opponents nose, breaking it. “gar shab'ika” the Consul yelled at Celahir, resulting in a grin on the young Obelisk his face. “That's for my rib, and this is for breaking my screen” Celahir said before landing a paralyzing strike in Sashar's liver, leaving him gasping for air.

Sashar

14-12-2009 09:30:02

[Deathpost]

The Consul’s eyes widened in surprise, but quickly jammed shut as the acute, unique pain of being liver punched coursed through him, winding him. He hacked and coughed as he doubled over, reflexively protecting his chest and head from damage knowing full well that this would not help the breathing situation, but it was necessary.

Again, the Primarch’s instinct kicked in. He didn’t need air to move at that second – there was still some in his bloodstream providing his organs and brain with oxygen. Pain was no stranger, and his wasn’t the pain of losing a limb, or the psychological damage of losing a loved one.

worst part’s over.

A second blow was incoming towards his kidney. Sashar’s elbow moved down into a block and Celahir’s fist bounced off his tensed bicep, drawing a blink of confusion from the Kiffar. He didn’t let it faze him for long and brought his knee up, intent on deadening the muscles in the Consul’s thigh. Again, that same arm moved down and caught the jab with the back of his fist, checking the movement completely.

Sashar Erinos, di Tenebrous Arconae turned to look his brother in the eye, blood streaming down his face from the broken nose, granting him a decidedly demonic air. The force pulsed. Once. The Knight’s nose exploded from a telekinetic strike [OBL]. Twice. Celahir’s collarbone snapped from a second hit [OBL]. Three times. Sashar moved inhumanly fast and headbutted his younger brother square in the chest, snapping the solar plexus [EQS].

The fight was over. Celahir crumpled to the floor, gasping for breath. Sashar toward over him, only now allowing himself to take in a gulp of air. Absently he swiped at his nose, wincing slightly.

“Good job, vod’ika. You landed a couple of decent hits. Just…don’t forget that whilst I might prefer to keep you at range, that doesn’t mean I’m less dangerous up close. Here.”

Sashar knelt and placed a soothing hand on Celahir’s chest where he’d hit him just moments before [HEO]. The bones would need to be set properly, but he could at least start the healing process and hopefully soothe him. Zandro and a pair of medics swarmed into the ruined library, and the Consul had to grin sardonically at the fighter pilot.

“Enjoy the show?”

Celahir

15-12-2009 17:46:22

[Deathpost]

As Celahir found himself able to actually hit his opponent he got filled with adrenaline. Raining down punches on Sashar, who to the Quaestors surprise was blocking almost all of them. It was however as he should've expected, someone of his rank and with that amount of experience wouldn't be affected as much by the liver shot he received. Using a variant of his Broken Gate style, Wampa Do, Celahir delivered heavy blows to the Primarch, the hits however had little to none effect to him, leaving not much more than bruises.

The knight didn't take any of this, getting more and more furious seeing how unaffected the mandalorian seemed to be while he went full on against him. This was a mistake Celahir shouldn't have made, leaving more and more openings in his defence, forgetting all about the rooted stance his fighting style required. This mistake resulted in Sashar landing one single hook right on Celahir's cheekbone, breaking this. The obelisk fell over, bounced his head against the cabinet next to him. Spitting out blood, feeling like the hit might've left a slight concussion he tried to get back up. His opponent however not taking any of it rushed over to Celahir, kneeing him in the face. This caused him to fall over landing on his back, once more bouncing his head. This time on a non bending floor almost causing him to black out.

Shaking his head feeling an immense shock of pain running through him, only now noticing that his cheekbone was broken. Celahir once more tried to get up.[CTP] It seemed like the Consul returned to the top of his game. Giving him no time at all to even sit up, he jumped on top of his brother. Completely engulfed with rage he started to let loose on Celahir. Not realizing what was going on only having the feeling he was going through hell, the young kiffar again tried to get up. However his brother kept stomping down on his face result in a broken nose, and a concussion that was getting worse every hit. Slowly everything started to fade out, finally going black, the pain faded. Trying to think what he got himself into Celahir blacked out.

As he slowly came to, he saw Sashar's worried face above him. Feeling to have lost the ability to speak Celahir used to force to ask his brother what happened. [SPK] The Primarch grinned, telling his brother about their fight, that he broke his nose and went ape-[Expletive Deleted] crazy on Sashar. This is when he himself lost his cool and returned the storm of hits to Celahir. Resulting in two black eyes a broken nose and cheekbone and a severe concussion. The knight had to laugh, this however resulted in a shock of pain shooting through his entire head. Groaning slighty, he mumbled “Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum, ori'vod.”

The fight was over, he had lost. This wasn't a once in a lifetime happening, only time would tell when Celahir would have to face his brother or any opponent that was much stronger than himself again. His lesson learned, and satisfied with the outcome the injured Quaestor laid to rest. His brother stayed for the night, looking at the smashed up face of his little brother, he felt guilty once again.

`CC`

17-12-2009 07:34:18

Sashar - Post was good, nice and straight forward while also being well written and with no errors of note. Good opening.

Celahir - I'm not entirely sure Zandro could push over one of the Archive cabinets, let alone throw one so I'm pretty sure Celahir wouldn't have much success trying to throw them either. Apart from that, your post was well written and I liked your ideas and the action you included, but that part I mentioned first let you down here.

Sashar - Again a good solid post, nice use of me and Jay's pain for your post and I saw no errors of problems with the post overall.

Celahir - Eh, not a bad post by any means, but not as good as your first. Punching someone's liver would be bloody hard work as it's embedded deep within the body, but apart from that there was nothing particularly wrong with this post.

Sashar - Brutal...I like it. Nice deathpost, probably your best post of the match simply because lots of lovely action happened. No real problems, although I'm not entirely sure you'd be winded from a hit to the liver, but I'm not a doctor so [Expletive Deleted] it.

Celahir - Once again not a bad post, there was good writing of the action here, although a slight note should be made that for the Force power 'Speak', you don't actually use words but it's more a transferal of base thoughts like 'pain' as opposed to '[Expletive Deleted], that hurt a lot, I'm in pain', if that makes any sense.

Winner - Celahir, you have the potential to be a very good ACCer, you just need to stick with it. At the end of the day, you didn't write badly but Sashar's experience and more refined writing style won over, giving the victory to Sashar.

Celahir

17-12-2009 07:46:05

Sashar - Post was good, nice and straight forward while also being well written and with no errors of note. Good opening.

Celahir - I'm not entirely sure Zandro could push over one of the Archive cabinets, let alone throw one so I'm pretty sure Celahir wouldn't have much success trying to throw them either. Apart from that, your post was well written and I liked your ideas and the action you included, but that part I mentioned first let you down here.

Sashar - Again a good solid post, nice use of me and Jay's pain for your post and I saw no errors of problems with the post overall.

Celahir - Eh, not a bad post by any means, but not as good as your first. Punching someone's liver would be bloody hard work as it's embedded deep within the body, but apart from that there was nothing particularly wrong with this post.

Sashar - Brutal...I like it. Nice deathpost, probably your best post of the match simply because lots of lovely action happened. No real problems, although I'm not entirely sure you'd be winded from a hit to the liver, but I'm not a doctor so [Expletive Deleted] it.

Celahir - Once again not a bad post, there was good writing of the action here, although a slight note should be made that for the Force power 'Speak', you don't actually use words but it's more a transferal of base thoughts like 'pain' as opposed to '[Expletive Deleted], that hurt a lot, I'm in pain', if that makes any sense.

Winner - Celahir, you have the potential to be a very good ACCer, you just need to stick with it. At the end of the day, you didn't write badly but Sashar's experience and more refined writing style won over, giving the victory to Sashar.

I'd like to congratulate Sashar on winning this, I really enjoyed our fight, thanks.

On another note, Cox wiki Liver Shot =P I can't be arsed to explain