Shattered Tears

Ronovi

09-11-2008 00:08:23

All events listed below go until November 17th.

This thread contains the non-run on event details, and it will also serve as a place for us to offer ideas for other writers in the run-on, which will be judged by Maxamillian von Oberst. Rules for the run-on will make up the first post on a separate topic. These competitions are for all RO volunteers and non-RO volunteers.

Remember, we are looking for shards of the Crystal of Tears, and we are on the planet Samur, near the Spires. Information on the Crystal of Tears can be found in two of the Clan run-ons on the Tarentum message board, In the Shadows and Of the Past.

Stand Alone Events

1. Tears of the Shards (Cestus Only)

The Shards have a strong presence in the Force, and akin to it, they have two sides. One side adds to your strengths, empowering you to do great things. The other side simultaneously unlocks the shackles that bind your metaphysical deformities (i.e. madness, paranoia, and hallucinations). Write about your character finding one of these shards, and how it affects you and your comrades in this quest.

The story must be one page minimum, in standard 12 pt. font and preferably in .doc format, though .txt format is also allowed. E-mail your submissions to QUA Apollo (anubisdb@aol.com) and AED Scion Altera (scion@divineright.org) and CC your House leaders.

2. The Last Letter (Gladius Only)

The Vong have attacked the joint expedition. The losses have been heavy and everyone has been wounded at least once. There is a small lull in the fighting. You believe their full attack will come at dawn. You are on a hostile world with just the small group of Tarenti around you. You believe this is your last night alive. You search through what little belongings you have left and discover a small datapad. You begin to think of home and your friends. In your final hours, write home one last time hoping to say goodbye and to tie up any loose ends.

The story must be one page minimum, in standard 12 pt. font and preferably in .doc format, though .txt format is also allowed. E-mail your submissions to QUA Kazarelth Talismarr (haryonkazarelth@gmail.com) and AED Ronovi Tavisaen (ronovitavisaen@gmail.com) and CC your House leaders.

3. ACC

Fourth level crescents will be awarded to the three people who win the most battles in the ACC's QUICK SKIRMISH hall. The battles must begin during the week of the competition. All standard quick skirmish rules apply. If judging takes a little extra time, that's OK. Report all your matches to Scion so they can be counted up.

The skirmishes should use the following parameters:

Hall: QUICK SKIRMISH
Your Weapons: Lightsaber if you have one, other weapon of choice if you don't have one.
Terrain: Spires of Samur

4. Trivia

E-mail answers to Ronovi Tavisaen (ronovitavisaen@gmail.com). The earliest submitted with the most correct answers get the medals.

(Easy) - For these questions, see the DJBWiki
1. Who is currently in control of the Antei system?
2. The Brotherhood fought the Vong in what bloody war? (Great Jedi War is not enough, I want names and numbers)
3. What was the astronomical object that the Vong fought the Brotherhood fleet on the edge of?
(Medium) - For these questions, see "Of the Past"
4. What is the Crystal of Tears?
5. Who is responsible for breaking the Crystal of Tears?
6. Out of all the ghosts freed from the Crystal of Tears, which of the seven died the same way and how?
(Difficult) - For these questions, search around; you never know where to find them!
7. What two suns are in close proximity to Samur, our destination?
8. What is the fable told by Ruurian society about the Spires of Samur?
9. In which two battles were Mark I Vulture droids such as the ones patrolling Samur notably used in?
10. What is the biggest danger when traveling the continent of Korshin, besides Vong presence in the system?

Ronovi

09-11-2008 00:12:17

Below is RO discussion. I will put the basics of the RO here:

The Gladius and Cestus teams are on Samur, on the continent of Korshin near the Spires of Samur. Samur is in the Antei system, but there should be very little Vong presence on the planet, as it is barren. However, there are vulture droids patrolling the area, so be sure to keep that in mind.

Don't worry about how we made it into the Antei system; that's a technicality. Just focus on where we are and how we succeed in our mission.

Brimstone

11-11-2008 23:40:47

I am on the road again and using a truck stop kiosk. so if there is any typos in y posts, forgive me. This one is already messing upo as the damn mouse and cursor keep jumping all over the screen. I really gots to get me a laptop LOL Maybe save my money from the lapdances for a lap top maybe :)

Ronovi

12-11-2008 04:50:45

The ACC event has been updated with details. Take a look at them if you are interested in the ACC portion of the competition.

Windos

12-11-2008 14:03:29

I think Brimstones latest post should be ignored and up for deletion due to violations of Rule #1 and Rule #10, i.e. there should be no reason for a DJK to have more sense against a shard than people higher in rank than him, such as Troutrooper... he's an Elder! Also I hinted at Brimstone being affected by the shard in my post what with the whole taking it, hiding it, smug smirk while the other fought over it...

Also the matter of restraints; in the context that it was used, 'bind' generally assumes robe, not cuff otherwise I would have said 'cuff him.' And in Ronovis post she said "she pressed her hands against the sharp edge of a rock and rubbed the ropes to shreds as hard as she could." Brimstone then magically changes his binding from what Ronovi described as, and I alluded to, robe binding with cuffs that he happened to carry a spare key to? This is just as much a violation of rule #1 as thinking he would have more reason around the shard than and Dark Side Adept. (Chiss != God)

Personally I think that if he can do a post later that does not give him unfair advantage, we will keep it. But his latest post cannot work, in my opinion.

Ronovi

12-11-2008 17:23:36

I second Windos's motion. Not only does the post provide incontinuity, but it also is illogical. For example, why would Brimstone, being tied up, have a key to imaginary handcuffs? Not to mention Windos is correct about the rules; it is clearly godmodding, being that even Trouttrooper is slightly affected. There is no just reason for a Dark Jedi Knight to have more control of himself than a Dark Adept.

Finally, I do not believe anyone would entrust even a knight with a shard of this power if it has such influence. As I mentioned in another posts, the influence wanes when the shard is either passed around or in the hands of a higher-up. Clearly the lesson where is to read every post clearly, as everything they say is crucial to the plot and anything written that ignores said information will throw the RO completely off.

Let's go for continuity, quality, and rationality, everyone. I'm expecting Kaz to delete Brimstone's post once it's not two in the morning here he is, and I am expecting Brimstone to do better next time. Kaz, that also means you need to edit your post.

Ronovi

12-11-2008 17:39:53

ATTENTION! By request of Oberst, I have asked for a standstill in the run-on until things are fixed.

First of all, there is vast incontinuity in the latest posts. For example, Vai has written that the Cestians have hidden in a transport, and Kaz has written otherwise. This must be fixed.

Also, Kaz's post follows up on the very post Brimstone wrote that broke the rules. I do not want to see this happening. Brimstone should not have the shard, and he should not have untied me. Plus the fact that Brimstone's post is incredibly incontinuous just throws the entire run-on off.

It is better for Cestus and Gladius to see things edited. I want a good RO, everyone!

Vai

12-11-2008 21:59:00

I have fixed my post for continuity issues, and designed it to work with Kaz's post after some minor alternations he may need. Once this is done the RO should be good to move on, course with Oberst's ok.

Kazarelth

12-11-2008 22:26:33

Alright, everyone. I'm sorry about my post. I had started writing it quite a while before I posted it, and in that time Vai posted. I should've claimed the spot. In any case, Vai has undone the damage.

I'll delete Brimstone's post and edit my own to reflect the nonexistence of Godmoding :P

Ronovi

12-11-2008 22:30:08

Excellent, it's all been fixed. Back to the run-on, Tarentum!

Ronovi

12-11-2008 23:34:13

Okay, everyone, with the run-on cleaned up, everything's going well. However, I did want to bring up one crucial point; we may be fighting one another for these shards, but remember Anshar's words: the best of us shall be rewarded them in the end.

It seems that two shards have been discovered, one being chased after and the other in the Cestians' location. At some point, we need to reintroduce the idea of finally compromising to give the shards to the best. After that, I'm guessing we'll have one more shard, though a deadly force will be in the way of it...

Vai

13-11-2008 17:57:24

looks like we have an incontinuity between my and the Ronovi's post. In my post, I had mentioned the suns were setting and night was falling and in Ronovi's the sun is shining.

What would be easier to change?

Ronovi

13-11-2008 19:12:32

Oh, whoops! My bad, I'll fix it.

Kazarelth

14-11-2008 07:16:20

Request:- If there is any discontinuity in a post that you see, please email concerned user as well as putting it up here. That makes things more fluid.

Brimstone

15-11-2008 18:05:09

i noticed another error, in scion's post where he unties me. since you kept my previous post, my rifle is destroyed since I used it to defend against ronovi. where do I get the rifle to shoot her in his post? just asking for clarification

Ronovi

15-11-2008 19:58:05

That's something Apollo and I also noticed last night. I'll speak with Scion about it.

Vai

17-11-2008 13:59:07

I noticed that Jaron made reference to Brimstone's rifle as well in her post. Perhaps she could rewrite it with Brimstone maybe using my rifle that, to my knowledge, still hasn't been destroyed.

Brimstone

17-11-2008 15:43:37

hope windos ok with getting killed

Vai

17-11-2008 16:16:36

What I have heard, its his wish. he wants the ability to remake his character and this is a good way to kill off the current one.

Ronovi

17-11-2008 20:46:13

Okay, people, we've got about six hours left and are in the homestretch. Three things that need to be done:

1. Reinforcements get to Samur.
2. We escape the Vong and board.
3. We hightail it out of there.

Think we can do it? If we started this, we sure as Hell can finish it. Let's go, Cestus & Gladius!

Brimstone

17-11-2008 21:28:57

i am gonna post since ppl are still keeping me going in run-on. since I am taking a LOA/Rogue status, going to have the vong capture me. any problems with that? I got the idea since windos is apparently killing off his character and since I wanted to take a break for her for a while, that it would work out to a good departure for the time being.

update: if the post dont work, go ahead and delete it if need to. was trying to help out, but Juron just posted a message he was ignoring it. Dunno why.

Vai

17-11-2008 22:37:04

Ok, after reading Brimstone's post and comments in this thread I feel we need to delete it and write in an ending for Brimstone that falls into continuity and makes more sense to our current situation in the runon.

In addition, making stuff up that has no context in the Star Wars Universe is GODMODDING and is not permitted. Brimstone, please do your research before you put something in like "banthor spore grenades" those are nowhere in the wookieepedia or other Star Wars sources.

On top of this, Brimstone you went LOA & Rogue in the middle of the runon and thus are not allowed to make posts in the runon anymore.

Brimstone

17-11-2008 22:45:22

actually they are real. go check the GJW we last did. look up the trees of kashyyyk and about the spores. They are a very good use for against the vong. I had used these in the GJW run-on and had no issues from anyone about them, so it is not god-modding.

as for LOA/Rogue status, you guys still keep running with me doing out of character things, so I figure, since I did volunteer to do this run-on, that I would see it out till the end. a prior post of mine was still in, so I am still able to post.

so you might want to check your info first. but these are actual grenades that was created in the SW universe and it was in the NJO serries that the republic used against the vong, also help created by Chiss.

I missspelt it, it is Baffor Tree Pollen. So I edited it to write down the correct name and color of the cloud

Ronovi

17-11-2008 23:56:58

It is godmodding when you, Brimstone, a DJK as opposed to Elders and Equites, are able to kill off Vong and save the day when no one else can do the same. And don't go off about how you're a Chiss, either, being a particular species does not give you the right to surpass others higher in rank than you are. Also, you were able to cram what should have been three posts into one and provided incontinuity at that, saying three Vong instead of five and other problems.

You may think this is ruining the fun for you, but there's a way to have fun and also follow the rules.

Ronovi

18-11-2008 01:22:54

Okay, two hours left and it looks like the RO is pretty much done with enough room for a Cestus epilogue and a Gladius epilogue. If anyone outside the House Summit still wants to post (even though there's not much to add), feel free to do so before midnight pacific time.

This has been a great RO, though of course not without some slip ups or errors. But this is practice, and we got through it. Well done, House Cestus and House Gladius of Tarentum!